Interest thread

Started by Valerian, November 24, 2009, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elandra

Toss my name on the list. :)
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Autumn Sativus

I'll play in the next game, whenever it comes up. :-)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Beguile's Mistress

Kurzyk

Caeli

I'll be starting up a Mafia game set in fantasy imperial China to give Val a break soon. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll add you to the list of interested players. I'm looking for new blood as well, so please don't be shy and shoot me a message! ^__^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63498.0
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ryven

I just read it and I would definitely love to play. :-)

sinera

Aw, Man! I missed one!!

Put me at the top of the list for the next one, please!!!!
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Valerian

Okay, I will of course be running another one of these, but with Caeli's game in full swing, I'll hold off on starting another until that's closer to the end.  But interest and/or votes for possible themes can still be posted here.  I'm thinking of possibly an ancient Egyptian theme, with a group of rebels trying to overthrow the Pharaoh, but other ideas are always welcome.  :)

One other thing I'd like to do is run some small games for new people, in more ways than one -- that is, people who are new to Mafia-style games as played here on E, and also new (or at least new-ish) to the site.  These games can be a good way to meet people and get more familiar with the setup, so if anyone knows of someone approved in the last few months who might be interested in such a game, send them along.   :D
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

Count me in for a Egyptian based game....that sounds fun. Actually any theme is good with me, just count me in. LOL

Thanks Val
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn Sativus

Count me in for Egypt (or whatever the next game ends up being). I'd love to have another game in Salem... or maybe I'll just have to run my own. >:)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Aiden

Sign me up for the next game Val, <3.

Valerian

Let me start up a new list.  I should really prune some of the older posts here, to avoid confusion; but since I have a while to collect names, hopefully everyone should get a chance to chime in.  :)

• sinera
  • Xandi
  • Saffron
  • Aiden
  • Mith
  • Imogen
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Remiel
  • LadySky
  • Kyrsa
  • Ariadne
  • Mascherari
  • Moirae
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

me me me me !!! (doesn't want to sound greedy...but....) ME pretty please!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Beguile's Mistress

Since I'm dead in the Chinese game Please sign me up for this one.

Remiel

I'd like to play, of course, but only if there's room.  If someone wants to join who's never played a Mafia game before, I'll surrender my spot. :)

LadySky

Sign me up as well please.  ;D
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Imogen

What Remiel said :-) I'd love to play but I've gotten into games already, so if there's a waiting list of people who lucked out before, I don't mind sitting one out of course!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Feeling a bit greed, I just wanted to say what Remiel said. Of course if there are newer players who want to try it out I will surrender my spot for someone else.  If there is room for me I would love to play again.

It is so much fun I forget my manners.......LOL

Hugs to all
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Kye

I would love to be in the next one if there is room for me. 

Ariadne

I'd love to try my hand at a game like this. Count me in.
I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

desert ashes

Toss me in for the next one whenever it starts? :)
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Esoteric Myobi

Oh my >.>; Can I still consider myself fashionably late in entering my name in for possible future games? =x

:-[

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Autumn52

Hey Val I will wait on this next one (Egypt I think). Please withdraw my name from the list for the next game. RL has come calling.......

I enjoy playing I will be up for another one next go around.

HUGS
Xandi

CaptainErotica

Valerian

Okay, current listing:

• sinera*
  • Saffron*
  • Aiden*
  • Mith*
  • Imogen*
  • Beguile's Mistress*
  • Remiel*
  • LadySky*
  • Kyrsa*
  • Ariadne*
  • Moirae*
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Robguy
  • Paladin*
  • Ryven*

Background and tentative roles:

In 570 BCE, the ruler of Egypt was a man called Wahibre Haaibre, known to the Greeks as Apries, son of Psamtik II and Queen Takhut.  Though he was known for his building programs and other public works, greatly encouraging the arts under his reign, he wasn't much of a strategist when it came to warfare.  An ill-advised foray into the Kingdom of Judah, followed by a dramatic loss to Dorian Greek invaders, led to a civil war between native Egyptian troops and the unpopular Greek mercenaries Apries often used.

Apries sent Ahmose (also called Amasis), his most trusted general, to put down this rebellion.  Swept up by a tide of popular support, for Ahmose was very well-liked, he instead gave in to the pleadings of those who disliked and distrusted Apries and declared himself king.

History shows that the general, after defeating Apries in battle, became the unchallenged ruler of Egypt as Ahmose II.  But during those early days, the succession was still very uncertain.  Perhaps this time, the rebels will not take the throne so easily.

Fan-Bearers - To be a Fan-Bearer meant that one was a courtier, greatly favored by the king, and in return, this group is deeply loyal to Apries.  Whatever his mistakes, he is the embodiment of the gods on earth, and deserves the respect and loyalty of his people.  And the king is still young, needing only the guidance of his more experienced advisors to make Egypt strong again.

Grand Vizier - Most senior advisor, second only to the king himself, there is little this person does not know.  Once each night, the Vizier may learn the role of another player.

Royal Guard - Though many of the soldiers favor Ahmose, who is after all a soldier like them, this person is still fiercely dedicated to the rightful king.  Once each night, this player may protect one other player from the rebels.

Follower of Isis - The goddess Isis was most commonly invoked by those who practiced the arts of magic.  Once during the game, during a night phase, this player may choose one other player to remove through magic.  It will appear as though that person was struck down by the deities themselves...

Soldiers of the Moon - Taking their name from Ahmose (whose name means "the moon is born"), these rebels believe that Ahmose is the only person who can keep the kingdom safe from the threats of the Greeks and the Persians.  Once each night, they will attempt to remove one of the loyalists.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE