LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Oh, okay.  Well, I can get to work on something else when I get another idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Angie

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 19, 2015, 11:22:03 PMI felt the need to prove to you guys how delightful job changing can be . .

STOP.

If you're making a character to prove a point, you have missed THE point of making a character in the first place. If a character with a lot of little talents is what you're going for, then by all means, be my guess, but if it's done to try and prove something, don't, because it won't be fun. And that IS the point-fun!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Latooni Subota

You really think I'd make a character that wouldn't be fun to play? Come on now! I'm Latooni, I only play fun characters, usually to the exclusion of being useful! :D

*Cackles and stares at her Jade Regent character sheet for her Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Trickster*
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Angie

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 19, 2015, 11:36:12 PM
You really think I'd make a character that wouldn't be fun to play? Come on now! I'm Latooni, I only play fun characters, usually to the exclusion of being useful! :D

*Cackles and stares at her Jade Regent character sheet for her Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Trickster*

I wanted to make sure you were doing it because you wanted to and not because you felt you have to. My DM instincts kicked in and I wanted to make sure this game was fun for everyone-and thanks for not taking my post the wrong way, I realized after I posted it how much of a dick I sounded like.

That said, WOW we have a lot of interested parties. Is this Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem, dear god...

AndyZ

Latooni, any chance I can talk you into playing something besides an Entertainer?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Angie

Quote from: AndyZ on March 19, 2015, 11:38:54 PM
Latooni, any chance I can talk you into playing something besides an Entertainer?

Since my DM instincts are still on, I recommend taking this discussion to PMs.

Florence

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 19, 2015, 11:38:09 PM
I wanted to make sure you were doing it because you wanted to and not because you felt you have to. My DM instincts kicked in and I wanted to make sure this game was fun for everyone-and thanks for not taking my post the wrong way, I realized after I posted it how much of a dick I sounded like.

That said, WOW we have a lot of interested parties. Is this Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem, dear god...

If there's a Fire Emblem d6, I call Myrmidon :P
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Revelation

Sheet below!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Alexander Fields
Race: Human
Job: Warrior
Quote: Bravery is trying, courage is trying after failing!
Appearance: A young man Alexander has fair skin, messy black hair, and one blue eye with the other apparently missing – covered by an eyepatch. He seems to prefer heavier armor, and weapons that are larger than most.

PWR: 8
RES:7
DEX:7
MND: 3

Force: 3
Finesse: 2

HP: 25
AVD: 6 (7)
ACC: 3
ARM: 8
M.ARM: 4
Destiny: 1

Job abilities
Victory Pose (Innate)
Paradigm Shift (Commando, Ravager, Synergist)
First Strike

Skills
Athletics: 5
Awareness: 4
Scavenge: 4
Synthesize (Weapons): 5

Equipment
R Hand: Bronze Greatsword (175 Gil, huge, Heavy Swing)
L Hand: Buckler (50 Gil, 2 arm, 2 M arm, 1 avd)
Body: Bronze Armor (100 Gil, heavy, 6 arm 2 M.arm
2xPotions (25% heal, 40gil)  2xAntidote (removes poison, 40 gil) , 2xeye drops (removes blind, 40 gil) 55 Gil free

Goals

Short term: Prove his skills by protecting others and defeating beasts that endanger others.

Long term: ???

Backstory

When asked of his past, Alex doesn’t say much. He’s not from Gilaud, a lightly foreign accent says that much – as does his general clothing style. What he does speak of as far as his past – he is the son of weapon crafters, and he will talk of seeing the forges ignite, seeing magic and strength used to hammer and craft fine weapons. He says that he trained in such – but that was not his true calling. Calling himself a monster hunter, he speaks of having been part of a team, and yet he is alone.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Florence on March 20, 2015, 12:31:42 AM
If there's a Fire Emblem d6, I call Myrmidon :P

I don't remember if it's d6, but I remember there is an FE RPG...

Revelation

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 20, 2015, 04:56:03 AM
I don't remember if it's d6, but I remember there is an FE RPG...

There are a few I think, I don't believe they are great, though.

Eislynn

Alright everyone! Slowmojoe or I will be messaging anyone who still needs to make alterations to their characters sometime this weekend.

In the interest of information, I've made a list of all submitted characters so far.

Please note: Your name being on this list does not count as approval
. Basically we both want to sit down together and go through to make sure we agree on approving each character. I will highlight the characters on this list in green as the two of us finish discussing. 

AndyZ - Viera, Entertainer (Lynn)

Apygoos - Unsubmitted

Angiejuusan - Human, Paladin (Harold Dean)

Changingsaint - Human, Warrior (Alexander Fields)

Florence - Human, Dark Knight (Aeron)

Inerrant Lust - Unsubmitted

Latooni Subota - Um... all of the things?

Lockepick - Human, Geomancer (Houna Ko)

MaiMizzu - Unsubmitted

ReijiTabibito - Unsubmitted

Zaer Darkwail - Mithra, Blue Mage (R'sohn Barada)

If I've missed anyone, please let me know. If your name is in the list under unsubmitted, we will hold a spot for you for a reasonable amount of time, but please don't dally too much.

The approved characters thread, and one or more OOC discussion threads will be posted sometime this weekend as well, along with a new Recruitment Thread if we find it necessary. No further sheets will be accepted here from players not already listed above. For any players who have not yet posted interest, you may consider recruitment closed for the time being.  Please do not post here, and instead wait for the new Recruitment thread which will detail what we are looking for in additional players or if there is space still available.

@Zaer Darkwail - Since you are the thread author, would you mind editing the title of this thread to include 'Recruitment Closed' at the beginning? Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited my charsheet include background. So wait GM's decision is the background enough warrant that pact gift is in effect or not. Also if needed I can provide details for my char's elder siblings, eldest so far is warrior job trained female mithran of high skill with sword and board. Also edited the title of the thread as requested.

slowmojoe

Just wanted to leave a quick post to let everyone know we are both still working towards getting this thing moving. We should have time tomorrow to finish going through everything. We appreciate your patience. Know that we are both as eager to get started as all of you.

Quick question to stir the pot a bit.

Would you like to have loot be fairly structured, in terms of "Player gets next weapon at this point"
Or would you guys like things to be a bit more random? I could make the loot drops like Diablo style, where you're not really sure what you're going to get, but you can still buy/craft what you would need from various shops and things. While the loot would be more random, I'm not going to drop a Tier 8 at the start of the game,  even if rolling goes well, just so you know. I think it could make for some interesting items.

Perhaps though if you already know what you are looking for, I won't bother.

Revelation

Option A sounds better for coherency and well, what FF/most JRPG styled games do. The diablo/lootfest method of 'Arbeques of the whale' and whatnot just doesn't feel like it'd fit the game overall. I feel the more appropriate measure might be a sliiiiiight mix. IE: If the black knight has a weapon tat can be wielded by one of righteousness, sounds like its for the paladin! But, if a the dragon has a chance to drop something neat, also cool! or, the players can go hunt down monsters monster hunter style and make a fancy Nero's Anguish by hunting down the savage deviljho and infusing a weapon with its essence, that also sounds fun to me.

Zaer Darkwail

I agree with Changingsaint in all regards; consistency and some pre-planning for loot drops would be ideal (besides shops where to spend precious gil for nice gear).

Inerrant Lust

Le sigh. I would really like to join in... but if I'm going to be gone for a month, I don't want to hold anything up.

You suppose there's a way I could join in late? The Setzer/Amarant/Cid/Rikku of the group? :P

Angie

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 21, 2015, 10:13:56 PM
Le sigh. I would really like to join in... but if I'm going to be gone for a month, I don't want to hold anything up.

You suppose there's a way I could join in late? The Setzer/Amarant/Cid/Rikku of the group? :P

If you're still rolling with princess thing..."Come! We must save these captured people from the monsters!" And ironically it's one of the girls of the captured group that end up helping us (only said because there's kind of a trope that women NEVER help the party in an RPG...)

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 21, 2015, 09:51:09 PM
Just wanted to leave a quick post to let everyone know we are both still working towards getting this thing moving. We should have time tomorrow to finish going through everything. We appreciate your patience. Know that we are both as eager to get started as all of you.

Quick question to stir the pot a bit.

Would you like to have loot be fairly structured, in terms of "Player gets next weapon at this point"
Or would you guys like things to be a bit more random? I could make the loot drops like Diablo style, where you're not really sure what you're going to get, but you can still buy/craft what you would need from various shops and things. While the loot would be more random, I'm not going to drop a Tier 8 at the start of the game,  even if rolling goes well, just so you know. I think it could make for some interesting items.

Perhaps though if you already know what you are looking for, I won't bother.

Honestly, as long as there's a good mix of cash and maybe some rare ingredients in with all the cool gear, the loot can all be Vendor Trash for all I care. I think enough of us have Synthesis skills that really, we can get by just fine making our own stuff. That said, I'm not adverse to being able to peel all our gear off dead tosspots and then throw a party with all the gil we have left over!

Lockepick

As for the Loot Tables: I'm fine with things being random in regards to properties. I think Synthesis is a big thing in this game anyway -- so there's already an enticing avenue for custom building stuff. I'd recommend asking everybody to pick a 'class' of weapons and armor they prefer, if any -- and you can just plan the drops accordingly.

For example: I wanted Honua to use mostly chain weapons (reach). I don't really care what the exact shape is, as long as it fits that general motif: whether it's another kusari gami, dancer's cloth (ala FFT), or a chain whip. For his armor, I'd prefer medium, favoring heavy cloth over literal leathers.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Angie

Dean goes with knightly longswords and I'm envisioning kite shields. His armor, it's medium right now, but he may be persuaded to switch to heavy.

Revelation

Alex - personally speaking, will not be picky. If it's a weapon he can use, he'll use it. I do like 'huge' weapons though because every jrpg needs a character wielding an oversized weapon... But if he finds a pair of fist weapons that allow him to fight up close and personal he'll hammer in every blow with fist and foot. And when those get outdated by a spear or a lance, he'll seek to make every sweep a heart seeking strike... And when he finds a hammer, he's gonna pound some enemies senseless.

Lockepick

Well don't go answering MY question! It was just a suggestion for the GM! I don't know if they're going to use it. You should be answering the GM's question!

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Revelation

I already did discuss the GM question. :P I just find it fun to discuss what makes a character that character - weapons do tie into that!

Lockepick

Sorry, that was supposed to be a general reply. Didn't mean for that 'you' to be you specifically. :)

slowmojoe

Sorry everyone, I made a miscalculation, when I was explaining skills earlier, specifically to AndyZ.

Your skill cap is ((1+Level)/2)+((Secondary Attribute)/2)

I think I explained it previously disgarding the  second /2

as such some of you have skill caps that are too high. Since this was my error, I'm going to go ahead and approve characters that have skill problems, with the understanding that it be corrected in a timely fashion, as in before you do a skill roll.

Florence

I apologize for not having my background fluff filled out yet, I've been having a lot going on lately. I don't want to drop out of this though, so I'll be trying to get to that soon.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.