Delvers Company: (Currently Closed)

Started by Nastara, December 13, 2016, 02:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastara

Do you seek Dungeon delving and adventure without the clunkiness of map-based combat?
Do you want character interactions and bonds that go beyond Cha +2?
Do you want to help create and build the world you play in?

Current Status: Gathering Players
After a bit of time where life took over, I'm back to recruit more adventurers!  Delvers Company is a slowly growing guild that includes multiple groups of adventurers with a shared hideout/guildhall.  At the time of this post, one group is coming towards the end of their first adventure and a second group is on the horizon! As adventures progress, players will (hopefully!) have the opportunity to play with their own crew and people in other crews.  Whenever an adventure ends, we can reassess, create new crews, and run again!  Your character has continuity and treasures, goods, and NPCs can persist allowing a growing guild-hall of resources.  If a player drops out, this also makes it easier to add people in.  And, perhaps most importantly, it means we can have a sign on the wall of the guild-hall listing people's conquests.

What Am I Recruiting
-One (1!) female character to join the currently running game in their next adventure. Character will start at level 2 or 3 (depending upon what level the characters in this party end up as!) and will be joining an existing party.  They are finishing up an adventure in the week to two weeks, there will be a brief aside to do a carousing roll/shopping trip and then into adventures again!  The group they are joining is: A barbarian, an immolator (think flame-bender), a shadowdancer, and a wizard.
-Five characters interested in forming a second group.  This won't start quite as quickly and will be largely driven by kink/character roles!  I am primarily interested in female characters for Delvers Company in general.

What I'm going for more than anything though, is fun and adventure.  Delvers Company is definitely about sexy times, but it's also about high fantasy.

I've put below a little bit of code (also posted in the thread itself) for people to fill in regarding what kind of character they would like to play.  I would love to be able to have everyone play (and if this goes well, I want to run MORE Dungeon World), but being realistic party size probably sings best somewhere between 4 and 6.  As such, I'll be looking at characters, sexual prefs, etc, and trying to put together the game that will treat all of us best!  You are welcome to put as much into this (and provide additional information) if you wish, but I'm mostly looking for interesting characters and some degree of balance.

What I'm looking for in terms of finding characters (because people always ask!) is:
-Interesting Character with description physically and/or personality wise that catches my eye
-Goodness-of-Fit with kinks/character roles
-Posting history that shows willingness to crank out several paragraphs per post on as regular of a basis as possible
-People who are here to play, have fun, and not get into drama. I've had some complaints from people who haven't been picked or who didn't like that the game was themed towards being a little fun and silly in the past. Literally the last thing I want from Elliquiy is to be deal with annoyed or passive-aggressive messages in my inbox when I log on. Please don't do that, this isn't the game for it.

If you are interested in playing, please fill out the following character form:
Name:
No Gandalfs or SephriophKiller6969s
Race/Class: If your character is /not/ a core Dungeon World class, please note if you have a pdf of the playbook
Sex/Gender: Aiming primarily for female characters
Interested In: This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/
Brief Description: At least some physical, some personality
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I'm going to try to fill DMed sections with description and pictures to help, but I'm curious about familiarity with the lore.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily? Weekly? Constantly but only on weekends? Just give me a little pattern.
Which Party?: Old Party, New Party, or Both?

[b]Name: [/b]No Gandalfs or SephriophKiller6969s
[b]Race/Class: [/b]If your character is /not/ a core Dungeon World class, please note if you have a pdf of the playbook
[b]Sex/Gender: [/b]Aiming primarily for female characters
[b]Interested In: [/b]This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/
[b]Brief Description: [/b]At least some physical, some personality
[b]Familiarity With DW/D&D: [/b]I'm going to try to fill DMed sections with description and pictures to help, but I'm curious about familiarity with the lore.
[b]How Often Do You Elliquiy?: [/b]Daily? Weekly? Constantly but only on weekends? Just give me a little pattern.
[b]Which Party?:[/b] Old Party, New Party, or Both?

We'll be having a thread where we get more detailed, work out stats, and pick playbooks so consider what you want to play in a broad sort of sense.  We can use resources other than the core book (including Class Warfare) so just let me know!

In my signature, you'll see the currently existing threads.  In those, you can see how I run the game if you are interested in that.  The first link in the signature is the Elluiwiki page.  While it isn't necessary for EVERY Delver to play a different class, if you wouldn't want to play a barbarian knowing that there's another Barbarian, that may be good to check.  For the curious, the current characters active overall are a barbarian, immolator, shadow-dancer, and wizard.

Dungeon World uses classes just like Dungeons & Dragons (and there are MANY fan-made ones so LOTS of options!) so pretty much think of what would be what you are going for from there!   Here are a couple of links!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3269630/dwdotcom/Dungeon_World_Play_Sheets.pdf
Above is the core Dungeon World classes, basically these are the core D&D classes, but Dungeon World-ified!
https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonWorld/comments/3ycr50/complete_list_of_dungeon_world_classes/
And this a big list of Dungeon World classes!  It says Complete, but it's definitely not quite there!  If you have a specific idea or concept you'd like to seek out, feel free to!  If you have it or can get it, you can likely use it unless I look at it and my brain is burned out by how broken it is!
There's also an additional supplement called Class Warfare that makes classes, but it's a little intensive to get through.

So yeah!  Let me know if you are interested!  Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

Sain

Party barbarian recommends this bestest GM and rest of the party through the roof! Nastara and them are pure awesome. You won't regret joining. The system is also super easy to pick up.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Nastara

Ershin

Oooh, a spot's opened up in this again? I'm sorely tempted to try to apply again and see if I'm a little more successful this time.

Nastara

Yeah, the last one fell through primarily because of some really crazy things that happened IRL but hopefully things are back on track now!  I didn't want to just look at the old thread because there's the nightmare of trying to work out who is still around, who is still interested, etc!  I'd encourage you to!

My hope is for Delvers to grow into a larger community, it's just taking a little bit of time to get everyone in! :)

Nastara

No real hurry at this point!  I'm hoping to fill the slot in the currently running group relatively soon, but it won't be today or tomorrow AND there'll be a second group.  Not going with first-come, first-served, going with goodness of fit.

Nastara

Excellent!  I'll try to give indications of time as I get closer.  My current timeline looks like this:

Original Party:
This Week: Original Party either gets out of immediate danger or something horrible happens
Next Week: Wrap up of the adventure
Following Week: Introduction of new character, a little bit of town-time
Week After: Adventure Begins

Second Party:
When I Have A Crew That Works: Create characters slowly, because Holidays can be slow for people

Ershin

Hmm... I'm currently wondering if I should try again with my original application or make a healer of some sort. >_>

Nastara

Totally up to you with what you feel like playing!  Honestly, you could even app both if you wanted to.

Nastara

Dungeon World is SUPER easy!  You have your 6 D&D stats, you roll 2d6+ a modifier, and the moves tell you exactly what to do!

Nastara

Also, the way I run games especially initially, you'll mostly just say what you do and I'll let you know if you need to roll and how to do it!  As you get a little more experienced, you'll be able to just know sometimes, but I'm ALWAYS happy to coach! :)

Ershin

Quote from: Nastara on December 13, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Honestly, you could even app both if you wanted to.

I am honestly considering this. May I apply with the previously-posted Beguiler (with a better, more fleshed out application with more of a background) for the new group and a Cleric for the existing one?  Also is there a time limit for applications to be completed by?

Nastara

There isn't a time limit in terms of when applications can be completed by!  I'll let you know as we get closer to it.

I would prefer that each player be in only one group though.  At some point I may open that up, but for now I'd really like to start building our little Dungeon World community.

Here is a thing I had in a conversation with someone!  It may be useful information as you look at character options!
Dungeon World uses classes just like Dungeons & Dragons (and there are MANY fan-made ones so LOTS of options!) so pretty much think of what would be what you are going for from there!   Here are a couple of links!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3269630/dwdotcom/Dungeon_World_Play_Sheets.pdf
Above is the core Dungeon World classes, basically these are the core D&D classes, but Dungeon World-ified!
https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonWorld/comments/3ycr50/complete_list_of_dungeon_world_classes/
And this a big list of Dungeon World classes!  It says Complete, but it's definitely not quite there!  If you have a specific idea or concept you'd like to seek out, feel free to!  If you have it or can get it, you can likely use it unless I look at it and my brain is burned out by how broken it is!
There's also an additional supplement called Class Warfare that makes classes, but it's a little intensive to get through.

Looking at those sheets you may see that 'Race' is a section on it with only one or two options for each!  The idea for that is that if you are running an old-school game, you choose one of the ones that is most on-genre.  BUT this is Elliquiy, not Grognards-R-Us, so we can DEFINITELY work out non-listed races!  So basically with race, feel free to go with what you'd like and we can work out the ability that comes from it!

Kimera

Nastara

Cool!  Dungeon World druids are pretty interesting!

Hexed

Nastara. You are a mind reader. Was going to ask about your mention of playbooks when I couldn't find anything on Dungeon World's web page and you go ahead and post all those links. O.O

So as I go peer at more books is there any classes you don't want? Either not fitting the theme you plan on or perhaps classes that just don't work in some way without edits?

Kimera

Quote from: Nastara on December 13, 2016, 05:23:46 PM
Cool!  Dungeon World druids are pretty interesting!

Yeah, the shapeshifting can allow a lot of interesting effects...and fumbles ^^

Edit: The giant spider is also on my fav list

Nastara

Quote from: Hexed on December 13, 2016, 05:28:00 PM
Nastara. You are a mind reader. Was going to ask about your mention of playbooks when I couldn't find anything on Dungeon World's web page and you go ahead and post all those links. O.O

So as I go peer at more books is there any classes you don't want? Either not fitting the theme you plan on or perhaps classes that just don't work in some way without edits?
I AM THE MISTRESS OF THE MIIIIIIIIIIND!

Yeah, I probably should have put that in the first post! 

Honestly, not that I can think of off the top of my head?  I like playing High Fantasy, so if EVERYONE was trying to play something outside of that, I'd be a little grumbly, but like we can make things work! 
Things that depend upon having a lot of characters they control may slow stuff down, but Ranger's companion animal or something like that would work just fine!
Monstrous characters may be a case-by-case basis, I know there's like... a horde of bees and I don't want that.
The Visitor is an AWESOME playbook that works REALLY well, but it changes the game in a pretty huge way and is probably not what I'm going for.
Classes that really can't go near adventure are no good.
But I mean, really? All of these are REALLY specific examples.  For the most part, find what you like, let me know!  If someone posts a class that I'm like, 'Oh, nope, this won't work!' I'll send them a message.

Some playbooks also have some balance issues, I tend to do a little research anytime someone uses a class I'm not familiar with.  If it's a little too strong, we're probably okay! If it's a little too weak, I'll let you know and we'll play with it.

Ershin

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Eisa Valiard
Race/Class: Human Cleric (maybe Beguiler instead?)
Sex/Gender: Female (futanari if permitted?)
Interested In: Women, Futa Monsters, Feminine Monsters, large masculine monsters. Non-con and sizeplay are also nice, especially when combined and with big beasty monsters~
Brief Description:
  • Physical - Eisa has in all likelihood been wearing the same clothing for at least ten years, since she was a little girl. Though her blossoming features outgrew and spilled forth from the sides of her light blue leotard many years ago it is a cherished item that has seen repairs time and again that she is incredibly unlikely to part with. In her dark brown hair one can find flecks which have been dyed bright red and below that a pair of piercing ice-blue eyes.
  • Personality - While some would call her miserly for choosing to repair and keep the same articles of clothing and equipment for years and in some cases over a decade rather than spend any amount however small to buy something new, this is simply a trait that has been burned into Eisa's mind - if she cherishes something she will want to hold onto it at all costs. Gold comes and goes but sentiment is something to hold on to. Also the same gold which could have been used to purchase something for herself could instead be used to fill her belly or find lodging for a few more nights or aid others who need it more.
    In addition she enjoys cute and fluffy things, though can be a little embarrassed to admit it at times.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've had quite a bit of experience with D&D (3.5 and 4) and Pathfinder, but never Dungeon World in either its system or setting.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I try to post as often as those I play with, but sometimes real life does get in the way. I'll be trying for daily (when possible).
Which Party?: Old Party preferred

Kathyan

Name: Desira ... (last name depending on which race I pick)
Race/Class: probably human or elf, I'm not too fond of smaller races but always up for some other sexy fantasy races like catfolk, tiefling so would like to check the DW handbook to know what's available. As for class I tend to go more into the physical front line as a barbarian, fighter, grappler or something alike or as a caster preferably focusing on charms and/or illusions but again I would love to check the DW handbook. Ok that was maybe a bit too generic so to make things clearer: Race: human or some graceful beautiful race, Class: close combat warrior or charm/illusionist spellcaster.
Sex/Gender: Female
Interested In: A little bit of everything  ;D yeah I'm ok and enjoy kinkiness with all you mentioned but do not like bestiality (meaning specifically animals), monsters are fine though as long as they are not too animalesque.
Brief Description: Physically I always go for shapely curvaceous girls, slender busty with a tight bubbly butt. As for personality I was thinking a strong dominant personality imposing her will (on NPCs) through strength or magical compulsions but also someone who is also able to enjoy being submitted either consensual or in a dubious way (yay for dub con^^).
And though character might not be fine with non con (it couldn't be non-con if she was fine with it) I'm more than perfectly fine with non con as well  :-)
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Not familiar with DW but I have played d&d for several years.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Usually daily but there are sometimes RL issues get on the way, mostly work on weekends but I always try to keep up.
Which Party?: Any or both if possible

A couple of tentative pictures

TheSithChicken

Name: Serena
Race/Class: I am heavily leaning towards a halfling but the class is up in the air. I have a lot of playbooks.
Sex/Gender: female
Interested In: Open to more or less everything not in my hard offs
Brief Description: Coming soon.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I have played D&D for a very long time. 20+ years. I have had Dungeon World for a couple of years and collect playbooks and settings for it. I have 50+ playbooks for it.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I try for everyday but it generally evens out to about every other day. It has been like that for the last month and a half due to illness and a death in the family.
Which Party?: New party

Okay on to questions that will help me determine class so I can write up a real application here. What tone are looking at for your game? Would the Slayer or Necromancer fit or should I lean towards more traditionally heroic roles like Battlemaster or Barbarian? I am very flexible and want to present something that will not just be fun for me to play but will help the game be more fun for every one.

VonDoom

Quote from: Sain on December 13, 2016, 02:34:51 PM
Party barbarian recommends this bestest GM and rest of the party through the roof! Nastara and them are pure awesome. You won't regret joining. The system is also super easy to pick up.

Resident party pyromaniac/flame goddess can confirm.  O:)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Hexed

Name: bonku khuche if human, Kithfira if halfling
Race/Class: Human or Halfling most likely. And either Brawler/Initiate/Warlock. Using the sheets from that complete list you linked.
Interested In: All of it that isn't toilet play or beatings during sex. From a monster pinning down and taking what it wants from a defeated enemy to cuddling on a lazy day it's all good. Do tend to play females of a more submissive bent.
Brief Description: Short but curvy (As I tend to find the short str based fighter types funny to imagine), with pale skin and either red hair and freckles or black hair and a touch of gothic makeup (Kohl around eyes and a dark shade of lip coating). Personality wise they'd be bright, cheery, and excited with a smile on their face. Even as they beat you down and break limbs or curse you.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: None with Dungeon World But I play Pathfinder and 13th age. D&D itself I have read the books but that's about it.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Now that drama's over I keep a tab open and refresh it a couple times a day.
Which Party?: Both. But most likely New party.

Something like this appearance wise if human.

Very much leaning The Initiate which seems a rather good take on a wandering martial artist that isn't tied to a church/order/monastery.

Nastara

Quote from: Ershin on December 13, 2016, 06:39:27 PM
Name: Eisa Valiard
Race/Class: Human Cleric (maybe Beguiler instead? Bonus points if I can find a class like D&D 3.5's Shadowsun Ninja that can heal people by punching them)
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've had quite a bit of experience with D&D (3.5 and 4) and Pathfinder, but never Dungeon World in either its system or setting.
Which Party?: Old Party
Looks great! I can poke around and see whether we can find a healing ninja, though we can always play with theming!
Dungeon World has a pretty loose implied setting of basically D&D style things!  They don't have a set list of gods, specific cities, or anything like that.  Bit hodge-podge!
If you aren't put in the original party, would you be interested in the second one as well?

Quote from: Kathyan on December 13, 2016, 07:33:16 PM
Name: Desira ... (last name depending on which race I pick)
Race/Class: probably human or elf, I'm not too fond of smaller races but always up for some other sexy fantasy races like catfolk, tiefling so would like to check the DW handbook to know what's available. As for class I tend to go more into the physical front line as a barbarian, fighter, grappler or something alike or as a caster preferably focusing on charms and/or illusions but again I would love to check the DW handbook. Ok that was maybe a bit too generic so to make things clearer: Race: human or some graceful beautiful race, Class: close combat warrior or charm/illusionist spellcaster.
Great! Let me know which class you are drawn to when you get a chance to look at some of the playbooks! :)

Quote from: DarkPrince on December 13, 2016, 08:54:34 PM
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I have played D&D for a very long time. 20+ years. I have had Dungeon World for a couple of years and collect playbooks and settings for it. I have 50+ playbooks for it.
Okay on to questions that will help me determine class so I can write up a real application here. What tone are looking at for your game? Would the Slayer or Necromancer fit or should I lean towards more traditionally heroic roles like Battlemaster or Barbarian? I am very flexible and want to present something that will not just be fun for me to play but will help the game be more fun for every one.
I hear you on collecting playbooks.  I've got a whole freaking folder of playbooks that I've never gotten to the table!
In terms of tone, I'm generally looking towards high flying fantasy, definitely not the gritty shit-farmer of OSR running blindly into the darkness.  Characters are already pretty big and heroic, they do big and heroic things and that's my intention from session 1!  I'm not familiar with the Slayer, but I don't see any reason that The Necromancer wouldn't work if that's your thing!  If it helps, Delvers Company is a mercenary group that does all kinds of adventures for folks, so being motivated by gold, fame, and good times works pretty well for characters!  No reason something a little darker couldn't work for that though!
Let me know if that isn't helpful!  Honestly, I think pretty much any playbook would work!

Quote from: VonDoom on December 14, 2016, 12:27:55 AM
Resident party pyromaniac/flame goddess can confirm.  O:)
Awwww, thanks VonDoom!

Quote from: Hexed on December 14, 2016, 05:58:03 AM
Name: bonku khuche if human, Kithfira if halfling
Very much leaning The Initiate which seems a rather good take on a wandering martial artist that isn't tied to a church/order/monastery.
Sounds good!  I've never had The Initiate at my table, I'll have to check her out!

Yay!  Pumped by all of this interest! I've got to disappear for a couple of hours, but will be back a little later to answer more questions!

MiraMirror

Humph, I am but a simple totally innocent rapier-wielding warrior!  I cannot compete with a flame goddess/pyromaniac. ;3;
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Ershin

Quote from: Nastara on December 14, 2016, 09:43:18 AM
Looks great! I can poke around and see whether we can find a healing ninja, though we can always play with theming!
Dungeon World has a pretty loose implied setting of basically D&D style things!  They don't have a set list of gods, specific cities, or anything like that.  Bit hodge-podge!
If you aren't put in the original party, would you be interested in the second one as well?

Thank you very much~ Nah, don't worry about finding a healing ninja, it was just a thought I was having while looking at the character image.
And yes, I'd still be interested in the second group, though my preference would be for the original if possible ~

Chulanowa

Ershin

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 14, 2016, 10:07:12 AM
Ooooh, tempted, but only one spot  :-X
One spot in the old group, but there's also a new group being formed with multiple spots open :)

MiraMirror

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ershin on December 14, 2016, 10:09:47 AM
One spot in the old group, but there's also a new group being formed with multiple spots open :)

Oh! well then!

pdragon

Well, as they say, the third time's the charm  :P

Name: Gwyndolin Grimrose
Race/Class: Human / The Shade (custom class)
Interested In: Women, Trans, Futa, Feminine Monsters, Tentacle Monsters, essentially a bit of everything.
Brief Description: Physical: A tall, statuesque woman with long, slender limbs and thick womanly assets. She has pale skin, raven hair, and a dark complexion that some would call hauntingly beautiful, while others would just call haunting. Her face tends to rest at a more stern, serious expression than her mood actually reflects, and this combined with her dark powers sometimes makes her appear dangerous or unapproachable even when not her intention.

Personality: Surprisingly kind and nurturing given her dark and intimidating appearance. She at times attempts to play the "wise" or "motherly" figure within a group, however due to living most of her life isolated from the "normal" world she has difficulty grasping the finer points of socialization. She often misses the point of things (sometimes comically, sometimes frighteningly), and while she usually means well, her words and gestures sometimes come across as morbid and creepy rather than reassuring and friendly. She also has obsessive tendencies, becoming engrossed by something to a dangerous degree. This usually manifests itself in her arcane and intellectual pursuits, becoming so obsessed with researching or experimenting with something that she pays little mind to anything else, though has been known to manifest in more dangerous and intimate ways, like the time she became smitten with a fellow delver and ended up stalking them for months.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Regular D&D player, have played Dungeon World once or twice before (with you  :P)
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I typically try to post 2-3 times a week, though recently real life stuff has slowed down my post rate, am currently trying to get back into a more regular schedule.
Which Party?: Either's fine

appearance
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Hexed

So I can't quite seem to find it.

On weapons what does messy and forceful mean?

And is there a list of terms somewhere or am I just overlooking it in that book you can download from the company?

Nastara

Quote from: MiraMirror on December 14, 2016, 09:50:40 AM
Humph, I am but a simple totally innocent rapier-wielding warrior!  I cannot compete with a flame goddess/pyromaniac. ;3;
D'awww, I love Yula!

Quote from: Ershin on December 14, 2016, 09:58:36 AM
Thank you very much~ Nah, don't worry about finding a healing ninja, it was just a thought I was having while looking at the character image.
And yes, I'd still be interested in the second group, though my preference would be for the original if possible ~
Okay, great! Thank you! :D

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 14, 2016, 10:34:49 AM
Oh! well then!
Yup! Somewhere on the lines of 5 or 6 spots total!

Quote from: pdragon on December 14, 2016, 01:29:45 PM
Name: Gwyndolin Grimrose
Race/Class: Human / The Shade (custom class)
She looks super fun! Thank you, pdragon!

Quote from: Hexed on December 14, 2016, 08:30:56 PM
So I can't quite seem to find it.

On weapons what does messy and forceful mean?

And is there a list of terms somewhere or am I just overlooking it in that book you can download from the company?
Messy, forceful, and other such things are narrative tags! Forceful means attacks made with it throw shit around, knock people back, and generally are FORCEFUL. So if you smack someone with a forceful warhammer, BAM they are stumbling back from you! Or maybe you need Forceful to break through a shield!  Messy means it's tough to use it in a way that doesn't leave a big mess, but it can freak people out if they see the horror show that is using your messy weapons!

In terms of terms and stuff, I'm sure I can find one!  I'll post it tomorrow!  Otherwise, let me know if you have specific questions!

pdragon

Thank ye kindly, I'm glad you like her. it was a toss up between her and a
drunken great bow archer
(couldn't find a decent archery focused class).

Request Thread

Nastara

If you'd like me to, pdragon, I can take a look at some archery based classes! There are likely a couple of them kicking around!

Hexed

Huh. That's going to be interesting then. One of the options for Initiate is a set of two choices for their unarmed attacks. One of the options adds Forceful and Messy to your blows.

<.<  >.>

Was seriously considering that option too. That is going to make her fighting with a smile even... funner.

Pretty sure gonna set her as an Initiate so just have to figure out race. And flesh the descrip and personality out even more.
Oh! The class playbook/sheet/whatever it is. That I've been looking at. Jackie Chan wannabe
Thanks for the answers!

But another question for you. One of the level up options is you may take a move from a different class at your lvl -1. While the class itself has no restrictions are there any avoid at all cost combos to be aware of? Like the cheesy option of nabbing all the +x armor when unarmed moves from the fighter type classes? :D

pdragon

Quote from: Nastara on December 14, 2016, 10:11:27 PM
If you'd like me to, pdragon, I can take a look at some archery based classes! There are likely a couple of them kicking around!
Nah its cool, I wouldn't be able to handle juggling two characters anyways (if that's even allowed). Though thanks for the offer.

Request Thread

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Nastara on December 14, 2016, 09:43:18 AM
I hear you on collecting playbooks.  I've got a whole freaking folder of playbooks that I've never gotten to the table!
In terms of tone, I'm generally looking towards high flying fantasy, definitely not the gritty shit-farmer of OSR running blindly into the darkness.  Characters are already pretty big and heroic, they do big and heroic things and that's my intention from session 1!  I'm not familiar with the Slayer, but I don't see any reason that The Necromancer wouldn't work if that's your thing!  If it helps, Delvers Company is a mercenary group that does all kinds of adventures for folks, so being motivated by gold, fame, and good times works pretty well for characters!  No reason something a little darker couldn't work for that though!
Let me know if that isn't helpful!  Honestly, I think pretty much any playbook would work!

The Slayer is a GrimWorld playbook. Long story short - they are hunters addicted to killing. They are cool and thematic but probably not appropriate for your game. I've settled on the Masked Mage but if you aren't feeling that one I can make something else. Part of me wants to play with fire as a Channeler or something else. Feel free to ask any questions you might have or raise any concerns.

Race/Class: Halfling/The Masked Mage (If you don't have let me know and I'll give you the details in PMs)
Interested In: Open to more or less everything not in my hard offs
Brief Description:

Serena has spent her life becoming other people and perfecting the arts of crafting what others saw. She practiced guile and magic and breaking hearts with equal fervor. Her earliest years had taught her that command over the hearts and desires of others was worth a thousand swords. Take a castle by force and armies will come to take it from you. Amass a hoard of gold and thieves will come in stealth or from the skies with fire to steal it. Ascend a throne and people will spend their lives to put a dagger in your back. Make them love you with sweet words, promises, and a little pleasure - and they will give it you willingly with a smile on their lips. Men will fight against threats till their dying breath but will walk barefoot into hell for love.

Where she comes from no one is really sure as her answers change from person to person. Day to day. No one is honestly sure if she was actually hired by the Delver's Company or if she slipped in among them and simply proved too useful to approach about it. A few things though have been learned about her. It is known that all of her family are mages but while the others (and how many and even names) may change from telling to telling her brother is always described as another Masked Mage. Some of her comments have shown that her family were most likely into organized crime. And that she left home not out of any real moral protest but a dislike for the drudgery of the business.

Serena is known to be whimsical and stubborn when it comes to hard work but loves the glamour and the carousing that comes with adventuring. She is generous with coin but less out of charity and more out of the inattention of the born wealthy. She has a strong love of finery though her clothes are more likely to be illusory than not - a thing she likes to tease in flashes and reveals. Pleasures of the flesh are a passion and a tool to her that she has no problem indulging in. She loves to talk but has little interest in the nitty-gritty of people's lives.

Most days she looks much like the picture beside this description. Think of it as her default setting but as a shapeshifter whose very clothes are an illusion I am not going to invest too much time describing her here. If I get in game I will be doing a lot of time describing what she looks beneath different masks.

Familiarity With DW/D&D:   I have played D&D for a very long time. 20+ years. I have had Dungeon World for a couple of years and collect playbooks and settings for it. I have 50+ playbooks for it.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I try for everyday but it generally evens out to about every other day. It has been like that for the last month and a half due to illness and a death in the family.
Which Party?: New party

Chulanowa

well, gives me something to mull while toiling away at work

Nastara

Quote from: Hexed on December 14, 2016, 10:14:45 PM
Huh. That's going to be interesting then. One of the options for Initiate is a set of two choices for their unarmed attacks. One of the options adds Forceful and Messy to your blows.
But another question for you. One of the level up options is you may take a move from a different class at your lvl -1. While the class itself has no restrictions are there any avoid at all cost combos to be aware of? Like the cheesy option of nabbing all the +x armor when unarmed moves from the fighter type classes? :D
Oh yeah, it means brutal!  So she'd be like, scary-fighting!  Looks like an interesting class!  Definitely some fun flavorings on it!
Nope!  As long as you can take the move!  That one does not let you choose a starting move (because it specifies level -1), so it must be an advanced move.  Don't choose an advance moved based on something you don't already have (for example, some kind of maximized spells from the Wizard doesn't help any if you can't cast spells!), but apart from that, it's just to GM approval (so if you pick something from a weird playbook and I'm like, 'Oh Shit, that's SUPER broken!' then we can discuss).

Quote from: pdragon on December 14, 2016, 10:25:41 PM
Nah its cool, I wouldn't be able to handle juggling two characters anyways (if that's even allowed). Though thanks for the offer.
No problem! Yeah, each player just playing one character (for now at least), I just wanted to be sure that the archer wasn't your first choice :)

Quote from: DarkPrince on December 15, 2016, 01:44:43 AM
The Slayer is a GrimWorld playbook. Long story short - they are hunters addicted to killing. They are cool and thematic but probably not appropriate for your game. I've settled on the Masked Mage but if you aren't feeling that one I can make something else. Part of me wants to play with fire as a Channeler or something else. Feel free to ask any questions you might have or raise any concerns.
Race/Class: Halfling/The Masked Mage (If you don't have let me know and I'll give you the details in PMs)
GrimWorld is actually a shocking hole in my knowledge of Dungeon World stuff!  I know Inverse alright, a couple of other oddballs, I know the community well enough that certain names pop out as people I know, but apart from the knowledge that GrimWorld has death moves, I don't know much about them!
Looking at the preview edition of the Masked Mage, it looks like it should be good to go!  Unless the Advanced Moves are freaking batshit crazy or something like that, it looks powerful in some realms, weak in others, and delightfully flavorful.  Definitely looks to have a darker (grimmer even?) bent to it, but there's nothing wrong with that!
In terms of the death move: This campaign I'm not using death moves other than the standard Black Gate setup.  My reasoning for that is that a majority of playbooks don't have a death move and I don't want to spend the time to dig through and find custom death moves for the ones that don't AND that if a character does die, I want to quickly get that player back into the action in some cool, interesting way!  Don't want to spend the time tracing through the consequences of some of the GRANDER death moves.  The Masked Mage's death move seems kind of weak compared to the GrimWorld death moves I've seen though, so I hope this won't discourage you!  As a matter of fact, sending in a different masked individual sounds like it could TOTALLY be a 7-9 result.
Does that seem okay to you? I am open to discussions!

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 15, 2016, 10:02:58 AM
well, gives me something to mull while toiling away at work
Mull away!  And let me know if you have any questions!

Also, people who have PMed me!  I'm right about to answer PMs!

Elisyyr LeTharne

As you requested Nastara, I have posted it here.

Name: Avacyn of Innistrad
Race/Class: Angel-blooded Aasimar(Pathfinder race)/Paladin
Sex/Gender: Female, can be Futa if desired.
Interested In: This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Women/Trans/Futa/Feminine Monsters. Though I am flexible, so those are only preferences.
Brief Description: Personality; Righteous, kind of a prude. Freak in the bedroom. This is her from a previous tabletop session
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've played both Pathfinder, and D&D 1.0-5e. Never touched Dungeon World.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I'm on daily, but not always available for lengthy replies immediately. I have weekends off, and usually one day in the middle of the week. This week it's Today.
Which Party?: Preferably New party, unless you feel I would fit the Old party.
~I like the sound of the broken pieces, I like the lights inside what she says, we got machines but the kids got Jesus, we like to move but we both don't need this! We like to dance but the dead go faster! Turn up the SLAM now barcode blaster, we want the cash all the junk you're after! Rise up control for the next tape measure! Teenage girls with ESP! Girls with guns on LSD!~

Nastara

Thank you, Elisyyr!  Keeping multiple PM threads straight with this thread breaks my brain.

Elisyyr LeTharne

Of course, I completely understand. I will be writing her Bio over, as the first time I just threw the jist of it in there so people would know. So if you'd like you check her previous session link in about 15 minutes it should be an easier more coherent read.
~I like the sound of the broken pieces, I like the lights inside what she says, we got machines but the kids got Jesus, we like to move but we both don't need this! We like to dance but the dead go faster! Turn up the SLAM now barcode blaster, we want the cash all the junk you're after! Rise up control for the next tape measure! Teenage girls with ESP! Girls with guns on LSD!~

Nastara

Okay!  No need to hurry on it or anything! I'm still likely a day or two away from grabbing someone for the old group and a bit longer than that for the newly forming group!

Elisyyr LeTharne

Felt it need to be done anyway. So wasn't really rushing. Should you wish it is done. I will stop spamming your thread now. Till later!

Nastara

Okay!  Sounds great!

Psh, I like conversation going on!

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Nastara on December 15, 2016, 10:09:14 AM
GrimWorld is actually a shocking hole in my knowledge of Dungeon World stuff!  I know Inverse alright, a couple of other oddballs, I know the community well enough that certain names pop out as people I know, but apart from the knowledge that GrimWorld has death moves, I don't know much about them!

Very cool dark fantasy setting that contains rules for running it in Dungeon World and Fate systems. The Playbooks (Battlemaster, Channeler, Necromancer, Skirmisher, Slayer, Templar, and Shaman) are all really thematic and cool. Well balanced too. Some of my favorite playbooks for Dungeon World actually. I can totally gift you a copy of GrimWorld. I was a backer and have a couple of copies I can give away.

QuoteLooking at the preview edition of the Masked Mage, it looks like it should be good to go!  Unless the Advanced Moves are freaking batshit crazy or something like that, it looks powerful in some realms, weak in others, and delightfully flavorful.  Definitely looks to have a darker (grimmer even?) bent to it, but there's nothing wrong with that!

I wouldn't say it's necessarily darker. The Masked Mage is more morally ambiguous to me. It's Advanced Moves are fun but not btashit crazy. Actually I could gift you that one too if you want. I like sharing my collection.

Quote from: Nastara on December 15, 2016, 10:09:14 AMIn terms of the death move: This campaign I'm not using death moves other than the standard Black Gate setup.  My reasoning for that is that a majority of playbooks don't have a death move and I don't want to spend the time to dig through and find custom death moves for the ones that don't AND that if a character does die, I want to quickly get that player back into the action in some cool, interesting way!  Don't want to spend the time tracing through the consequences of some of the GRANDER death moves.  The Masked Mage's death move seems kind of weak compared to the GrimWorld death moves I've seen though, so I hope this won't discourage you!  As a matter of fact, sending in a different masked individual sounds like it could TOTALLY be a 7-9 result.
Does that seem okay to you? I am open to discussions!

Oh that's cool. I never expected the Death Moves to be used. I like the idea but it's not appropriate to every campaign. You would be surprised at how many of the playbooks have Death Moves in the Grim World book. There is a whole chapter on it with a few generic Death Moves in case you didn't want to use your playbook's Death Move or were playing a playbook without one. And it's a chapter worth reading. The Druid's Death Move is absolutely awesome.

Nastara

Quote from: DarkPrince on December 15, 2016, 12:41:59 PM
I wouldn't say it's necessarily darker. The Masked Mage is more morally ambiguous to me. It's Advanced Moves are fun but not btashit crazy. Actually I could gift you that one too if you want. I like sharing my collection.

Oh that's cool. I never expected the Death Moves to be used. I like the idea but it's not appropriate to every campaign. You would be surprised at how many of the playbooks have Death Moves in the Grim World book. There is a whole chapter on it with a few generic Death Moves in case you didn't want to use your playbook's Death Move or were playing a playbook without one. And it's a chapter worth reading. The Druid's Death Move is absolutely awesome.
May have just been dark with where my mind went with things first!  The 'servant with no face' as a piece of equipment had me like, 'Oooo, creepy horror elements! Dark!'  I don't want you to feel at all like you have to spend $$$ on this!  From what I've seen of the playbook, it looks like it's good to go, I trust the developer of it, and you can just let me know what things do as it goes!  I tend to do relatively little playbook tracking in practice.

Okay! I just wanted to be sure we were on the same page with Death Moves! I didn't want to potentially get to that point and then have to have an awkward conversation!  :)

I've got to read GrimWorld sometime!  With the holidays my gaming/reading time is currently like, 99% smutty rp stuff, but maybe I'll check it out after!

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Nastara on December 15, 2016, 12:47:51 PM
May have just been dark with where my mind went with things first!  The 'servant with no face' as a piece of equipment had me like, 'Oooo, creepy horror elements! Dark!'  I don't want you to feel at all like you have to spend $$$ on this!  From what I've seen of the playbook, it looks like it's good to go, I trust the developer of it, and you can just let me know what things do as it goes!  I tend to do relatively little playbook tracking in practice.

Oh it can totally go dark. It definitely has that option. To me dark is the Slayer or the Templar. With no way of playing them that isn't dark. Those are brutal. Especially the Slayer. I will find a game for that one some day.

The Masked Mage's Advanced Moves are pretty much all giving them more options in disguising themselves, tricking others, and manipulating people. In fact that's pretty much all it does. It does have moves that give them bonuses for betraying an NPC who trusts them.

QuoteOkay! I just wanted to be sure we were on the same page with Death Moves! I didn't want to potentially get to that point and then have to have an awkward conversation!  :)

Being on the same page is awesome.

Quote from: Nastara on December 15, 2016, 12:47:51 PMI've got to read GrimWorld sometime!  With the holidays my gaming/reading time is currently like, 99% smutty rp stuff, but maybe I'll check it out after!

You should. It's really solid. If you'd like a preview I can get you the Playbooks free.

Nastara

Quote from: DarkPrince on December 15, 2016, 01:10:12 PM
The Masked Mage's Advanced Moves are pretty much all giving them more options in disguising themselves, tricking others, and manipulating people. In fact that's pretty much all it does. It does have moves that give them bonuses for betraying an NPC who trusts them.

You should. It's really solid. If you'd like a preview I can get you the Playbooks free.
I /may/ have GrimWorld somewhere... I had a while that I was doing TONS of bundles for RPGs...

Just to check in, does to the Masked Mage have enough to do if she's in a straight up dungeon adventure?  I want to be clear that a VAST majority of the game will be played in full on storm-the-castle-adventuring-time.

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Nastara on December 15, 2016, 01:19:02 PM
Just to check in, does to the Masked Mage have enough to do if she's in a straight up dungeon adventure?  I want to be clear that a VAST majority of the game will be played in full on storm-the-castle-adventuring-time.

Define storm-the-castle-adventuring-time.

Nastara

Like the amount of time spent in town or doing political machinations is on the lower side of things (or it has been thus far) while the amount of time Adventuring, treasuring hunting, exploring dungeons, fighting monsters is on the higher side.

I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't in any way misleading you!  I had a RL friend who played a game of mine knowing that I love story and assuming that it was going to be largely political (because my urban fantasy games tend to be!) and used a Class Warfare character that was just ALL social stuff.  There was definitely space for social stuff (I don't just dump people into a room and say SPIDERS GO), but don't want to be accidentally deceptive or anything!  From what I'm seeing of the Masked Mage it could totally work in the kind of adventure I'm running! I'm just seeing only little slivers of combat stuff and want to be sure you're cool with that :D

TheSithChicken

I think the Masked Mage will be just fine. It has illusions to go along with it's social stuff. Illusions are always useful as long as you aren't playing D&D where they have been nerfed to high hell and it has some combat tricks that it can take. I will just be making a lot of illusions.

Nastara

Perfect!  Yeah, illusions are GREAT for combat stuff in my view and I think the Masked Mage will go great for it!  Cool, cool, cool!

Nastara

Quote from: Kimera on December 13, 2016, 05:28:38 PM
Yeah, the shapeshifting can allow a lot of interesting effects...and fumbles ^^

Edit: The giant spider is also on my fav list
Juuuust realized that I missed your message ages back, Kimera!  Sorry about that! The Giant Spider is a hilarious playbook! All of the monster ones have so much to offer with very specific kinds of games!

Kimera

Quote from: Nastara on December 15, 2016, 11:29:14 PM
Juuuust realized that I missed your message ages back, Kimera!  Sorry about that! The Giant Spider is a hilarious playbook! All of the monster ones have so much to offer with very specific kinds of games!

No problem  ^^

Chulanowa

Okay, I'm just now cracking open some PDF's, but... Squirrelmancer?That sounds ludicrous, amazing, and probably completely unworkable.

TheSithChicken

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 16, 2016, 02:51:26 AM
Okay, I'm just now cracking open some PDF's, but... Squirrelmancer?That sounds ludicrous, amazing, and probably completely unworkable.

I know. I want it.

Kimera

Okay, gonna give this one a shot. Still a work in progress as I figure out some more of her personality

Name: Buibui
Race/Class: Giant Spider
Interested In: Pretty open minded
Brief Description: A big, fluffy spider girl covered in a thick layer of ashengrey fur, becoming darker near the end of her arms and legs. In contrast, bright strokes of orange adorn her legs and the back of her abdomen. Her goal is hoping to find a place in the world.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Played plenty of D&D (lost me after 3.5 though) and familiar with Dungeon World basics
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Constantly but posting mostly happens on weekends?
Which Party?: Would love old party if char fits, but new is also fine

nsfw
OR                

AndyZ

How many of the female characters in the group would be interested in a futa PC?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Nastara

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 16, 2016, 02:51:26 AM
My guess is that is some kind of fantasy version of Squirrel Girl?  Yeah, people have made some WEIRD freaking playbooks.  (Though I will note it looks from a brief glance about online that a couple of the playbooks in that collection are a little funky with how they are written).

Ershin

Quote from: AndyZ on December 16, 2016, 10:11:30 AM
How many of the female characters in the group would be interested in a futa PC?
Hee... to be fair I would have applied with a futa if I hadn't seen the word female in the title. Though if we both end up in the new group I wouldn't mind playing alongside a futa character.

Quote from: Kimera on December 16, 2016, 07:22:19 AM
Okay, gonna give this one a shot. Still a work in progress as I figure out some more of her personality

So fluffy <3

pdragon

Request Thread

Kathyan

Quote from: AndyZ on December 16, 2016, 10:11:30 AM
I would  ::)

Ok so far this is what I got:

Name: Kitira Mianirri
Race/Class: Catfolk Wrestler
Interested In: A little bit of everything  ;D excepting animals, monsters are fine though.
Brief Description: A shapely and gracious curvaceous neko girl, slender and busty with a tight bubbly butt. She has a strong dominant personality imposing her will through strength and sexiness but also someone who is also able to enjoy being submitted either consensual or in a dubious way (yay for dub con^^).
And though character might not be fine with non con (it couldn't be non-con if she was fine with it, right) I'm more than perfectly fine with any way of non con as well  :-)
Backup Weapon: Whip
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Not familiar with DW but I have played d&d for several years.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Usually daily but there are sometimes RL issues get on the way, mostly work on weekends but I always try to keep up.
Which Party?: Any or both if possible

Nastara

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kimera on December 16, 2016, 07:22:19 AM

Name: Buibui
Race/Class: Giant Spider
Interested In: Pretty open minded
Brief Description: A big, fluffy spider girl covered in a thick layer of ashengrey fur, becoming darker near the end of her arms and legs. In contrast, bright strokes of orange adorn her legs and the back of her abdomen. Her goal is hoping to find a place in the world.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Played plenty of D&D (lost me after 3.5 though) and familiar with Dungeon World basics
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Constantly but posting mostly happens on weekends?
Which Party?: Would love old party if char fits, but new is also fine

nsfw
OR                

I usually hate spiders, but that is adorable.

Kimera

Nastara

I need to find more ways to include more Delvers in more things... Consider me brainstorming ways to have more threads without increasing Nastara-cognitive-load. Also, hit me up if you have ideas for such things.

My intention is to Monday or Tuesday hopefully get in contact with the person to join the new group so we can start hammering out some of the playbook details, next group I'll likely send out invites Tuesday after Christmas? Just holiday time taking lots of my time.

Chulanowa

I don't have a picture selected yet, so that part is WIP.

Name: River Hollyhock
Race/Class: Pixie (Yes, I really have this playbook. I have no idea where it came from but there it is in my "downloads" folder)
Interested In: Mostly interested in "The Adventure!â„¢" but if you want kinks and that sort of thing? Definite preference for feminine, though gender / orientation is not that important. Futa is always fun, and definitely not adverse to furry. Rather enjoy size difference, though within realistic proportions.
Brief Description: She's a tiny thing, tawny-skinned and with long black hair that appears black until the light hits it just right, making it explode in iridescent colors like a blackbird's feather. She's usually dressed in very little at all, mostly made of whatever bits and things she found and thought looked nice at the time. This showed off the fact that despite her size, she's still a well-developed woman. Her eyes are almond-shaped, and blue-in-blue, matched by a pair of retractable blue antennae that peek out from above her brows. Extending from her back are a set of four iridescent insect-like wings that constantly shed a fine, golden-glowing powder.River usually keeps herself small, just for the sake of convenience; she's not averse to growing (or shrinking others) in the least, but you know, sometimes you just have to squeeze in places! She's a pagan little thing and doesn't take too kindly to "modern" religion or mores; if it's good enough for trees and badgers and things like that, it ought to be good enough for everyone else! She's out in the world specifically to had adventures, but - just as importantly! - to help other people have adventures, too. Whether they want them or not. Adventures for everyone!
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've played lots of D&D / Pathfinder, every edition but 4th. I have made a DW character, once?
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Able to read daily, posting schedule falls between "daily" and "every other day" depending on work / RL.
Which Party?: Prefer new party, get in at the ground floor!

Kathyan

Quote from: Kimera on December 16, 2016, 12:37:23 PM
Glad to have found an exception  ;D

That's two exceptions with me ^^ I usually don't like spiders either but this one is really cute. Those fluffy fangs look really handy too :P

Kimera

Quote from: Kathyan on December 16, 2016, 02:46:37 PM
That's two exceptions with me ^^ I usually don't like spiders either but this one is really cute. Those fluffy fangs look really handy too :P

Glad you like her.

Plus she can get pretty kinky with her spider silk as well  :P

Nastara

Just want to check in quick!  My weekends tend to be pretty freaking crazy, so if you don't hear from me, don't assume I've passed beyond the Black Gate into the lands beyond, surely I've made a deal with Death and will return on Monday.

When I /DO/ return Monday, I'll be gathering information and trying to make a choice for the slot in to the old party.  From there, I'll construct the old party, hopefully ~Wednesday or Thursday, but possibly needing to wait until the following week.  From there, I'm going to see if I can come up with some kind of a system or forum or thread to have more adventures, events, or whatever that doesn't end up driving me entirely freaking crazy trying to manage three threads!

AndyZ

Name: Ara Songweaver
Race/Class: Human Bard
Sex/Gender: Futanari
Interested In: Female humanoids
Brief Description: Her appearance changes when within a city and on the road.  While she focuses on looking as beautiful as possible while kept in a city under the custom of hospitality, the filth of the open road and travelling clothes are a simple reality that she knows she can't shirk.

She is flirtatious to those she finds attractive but cordial regardless, never knowing when she'll meet a new friend or ally.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Very familiar with base Dungeon World, familiar with D&D since 3e as well as Pathfinder.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily
Which Party?: Preferably new party, but not averse to old party

Ara Songweaver was born to a small village approaching the edges of the Frozen North, which is only beautiful so long as one doesn't live there.  It's cold, harvest season never gave enough for everyone to feel truly fed, and life was far more of a struggle than it ever needed to be.  Her family and people were kind, but this was not the life for her, and everyone knew it.

Although she attempted to learn the ways of magic from the village wise woman, she simply lacked the talent to pick up more than the basics of book learning.  While a childhood friend learned various cantrips, the best she could manage was to create strange and arcane sounds, and even that only with concentration and gesturing.

As a bard came to visit the area and learn their ways, Ara couldn't help but be baffled.  This land was terrible; it was everywhere else that was beautiful, worthy of attention and of seeing with one's own eyes before that final visit to the Black Gates.  The elven woman who became her tutor disagreed in only one way: everything was worthy of visiting at least once.

With her parents tentative blessing, she set out into the world.  The last act of her village was to grace her with the surname of Songweaver.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AribethAmkiir

Name: Rose Nightingale
Race/Class: Human Thief
Interested In: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/Tentacles/Groups/Orgies (No mostly-beastial creatures, please.)
Brief Description:  Physical - A lithe woman of average height and weight.  With broad hips and full breasts, she moves with an eye-catching feminine grace.  Dark hair with silver streaks falls loosely about her shoulders, and sharply contrasts against her snowy complexion.  Dark purple mascara and black eyeliner frame green colored eyes which sparkle with mischief and daring.  Diamond shaped ruby earrings dangle from each human-shaped ear, and match the ruby pendant about her neck.

Though seen in fancy dresses and traveling clothes, on occasion, she most often wears her black dyed leather armor, custom-made to accentuate her feminine assets.  The vest cinches tightly around the middle, exaggerating the thinnest of her waist and the flaring of her hips, and lifts her breasts into a noticeable swell of cleavage.  Purple edging adorns the vest, upon the top and bottom, and adds a tiny bit of color, and style.  Dark leather pants adorn her legs, and are tucked into thigh-high soft-soled and flat-heeled boots.  A purple belt, the same color as the edging on the vest, divides top from bottom, and is burdened with a number of small non-descript pouches.  A hand's span from each boot’s top, wrapped upon each thigh, and within easy reach, are two bandoliers each designed to carry a brace of throwing knives.

When working, Rose wears a black scarf around her neck, and a thick, billowy cloak which hangs to her knees, contains numerous hidden pockets, and is voluminous enough that she could wrap herself and a small child within.  Leather bracers with steel lining cover her forearms, and thin, soft, and supple gloves cover her hands. 

Personality - Rose is the sort that you want on your side.  She is fiercely loyal, and highly protective of her allies.  While, to her foes, she is merciless.  Daring, stubborn, and always looking for the next great heist or adventure, Rose is no stranger to dangerous encounters; be they found within a dungeon’s depths or palace’s balcony.  Quick to laugh and eager to jest, she sees life as a competition with the only true winner being those who live to the fullest.  The traps of a tomb and witless beasts of the wild are simply obstacles to laugh at, out-clever, and overcome.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Played an encounter of DW with you, and a campaign of D&D 3.5.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Multiple times a week, usually 2-3 times.
Which Party?: Either party, with a slight preference to the old.

Vergil Tanner

Hey, so...is it too late to throw my hat into the ring to try and get a place in a Delvers Company game? I applied for one a while ago but it fell apart, so is it possible to get in on the action with my little Elf Summoner? Or am I too late? >.>

Assuming that the slot is still open and that you don't mind me applying, here's the bio I used to apply last time;

Name: Sara'luthwen Elanorriel ("Sara" for short)
Race: Elf
Class: Summoner?

Interested In (Character): Men, Women.
Interested in (Player): Men, Women, Futa's, Monsters, Bestial Creatures, Masculine Creatures, Feminine Creatures, Amorphous Creatures (EG, Slimes).

Brief Description:

-- Appearance:
Sara stands at a surprisingly petite height for an Elven woman, standing at only 5'5, and is of an athletic, well-maintained lithe-but-curvaceous build - her body being what she has learned the humans call "An Hourglass Figure," many men apparently being very interested in her ample, DD-chest - that regularly attracts a lot of unwanted attention to the surprisingly shy, naive young girl. Her long blond hair falls down to around her waist (impossible to take care of without the use of magic!) and her bright, kindly emerald green eyes peer out from a smooth, gracefully curving face. Her skin is soft and smooth, though she has a marring scar across the middle of her back and spine, stretching from her left shoulder blade down to her right hip. Her lips are smooth, graceful and pleasantly plump and her ears end in sharp points, clearly marking her as a pureblooded, "Aristocratic" elf. Despite having left her family and her clan, she still insists on wearing the traditional Spiritualists Garb of her people; a snow-white bustier with golden trim and traditional tribal patterns swirling on the chest that wraps around her body and under her arms and meets in the centre of her back, held in place by a series of thick white laces in a criss-cross pattern.

Her lower half is covered by a short white skirt with yet more golden trimmings and metal ornaments hanging from the waist, with the option of adding a series of white train-like attachments that trail behind her for ceremonial or formal functions. Her stomach and the area just below her chest-level is uncovered, her soft flesh allowed to be exposed to the air around her with the golden winged tattoo that marks her as a Mage among her clan. Her fingerless white and gold gloves extend up to just below her shoulders and match her mid-thigh-high travelling boots. Unfortunately for her, such dress is considered "revealing" and provocative among many human settlements, earning her yet more unwanted attention when wandering around settlements on her own. Were she not a mage, she has no doubt that she would have been taken advantage of by evil, scrupulous men many, many times. Still...it is all she has left of her family and her traditions, and she refuses to allow the more base nature of Mortalkind to strip her of that connection, or intimidate her into changing her own bodies desires and comfort to conform.

-- Personality:
Sara is a woman out of her element; she only left her clan to explore and discover the world a few short months ago, and is still learning about the intricacies of normal, everyday life outside of her nomadic people. As such she can come across as fairly shy and nervous, though once her initial nerves have passed she generally attempts to be friendly and outgoing to everybody she meets, and often comes across as innocent and naive...because she is. However, she is not stupid and often surprises people with her unexpected intelligence in certain matters...you don't live very long as a "Hedge Mage" if you don't have some brains, after all. The elements themselves are very punishing towards fools. She did learn very quickly of course, after one or two note worthy incidents, that many people are not what they seem and many more people only want her for what she can do for them. As such, though she is still naive and is perhaps slightly quick to trust others, she is aware of the fact that she must be more careful and always endeavours to be cautious...though she still finds it exceedingly difficult not to see the best in others and will often be the first to offer assistance or sympathy even when it might prove dangerous or unwise to lower her guard to do so. Her devotion to the Old Gods of her Clan can make her seem like a bit of a prude sometimes, but the truth is that she accepts all sexualities and approaches to intimacy; life is a gift from the Gods, after all, and if your body desires something it is because the Gods will it, and if the Gods will it, then it must be holy and just...right?

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Not very. I'm not exactly a newb, granted, but the last time I played a System Game like D&D or Pathfinder was a good couple of years ago.

How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily. My schedule will be altering slightly so that may change to Bi-Daily, but when I'm not working or out with friends (which is admittedly rare) I am always on E. I try and get on at least every evening. I do have to advise you, of course, that I will be flying to China for a new job next week, sooooooo I will be in a very different timezone. I will still endeavour to get on at least every day to catch up with my commitments, or to inform you if there's been a delay. Believe me, I practically live on the internet and I don't see that changing much. :P

I believe I still have the full stat sheet somewhere, but I'll have to find it. >.>
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

vin26m

Name: Alleyne
Race/Class: Elf Fighter
Interested In: Female/futa/male humanoids/beasts/monsters, tentacles, nonconsensual, bondage, oral/anal/vaginal/multiple penetration, humiliation, degradation, dirty talk, verbal abuse, impact play, choking, rough sex, force, lots of cum

Brief Description: Alleyne is curt, hard-headed, strict, arrogant and judgmental.  She has a tough, dominating exterior, but deep down she needs to be shown her comeuppance by having to submit and by being used.  Her overconfidence comes from being part of a lineage of great elven warriors along with being the recipient of lucky breaks in battle.  She has blond hair and blue eyes.  Her beret and cloak are red.  Her elven shirt, skirt with white fabric, sleeves, gloves, bracers, thigh high boots, leaf bra and leaf panties are all green.  Her clothing is accented with gold trim and green four leaf clovers. 
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I know Pathfinder, which came from D&D 3.5. I've read through DW. 
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I get on every 1-2 days and post 1-2 times a week.
Which Party?: New Party

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I forgot to put this in, but I'm interested in either party; whichever one the GM thinks would be a better fit :-) If they think I'd be a decent fit at all >.>

Anyway, yeah. Either party is fine with me! I don't have a preference :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Bibliophilia

Name: Ushat "Ushie" the Insignificant
Race/Class: Orc Gladiator
Interested In: Any and all comers welcome!
Brief Description:   Ushie is, quite possibly, the world's smallest orc.  She stands a mere 5'7" and weighs somewhere around a hundred and fifteen pounds, soaking wet.  Her dark green hair is roughly shorn short and falls across her brow into her yellow-orange eyes, partially obscuring a face far too cute to be accepted by orc society.  Her slender frame is clad in hand-sewn leather garments over chain mail armor, which leaves quite a bit of vibrant green skin exposed and allows for the appreciation of lean musculature and simple tribal tattoos.  Despite her race, and her natural inclination toward battle, she has a sunny disposition and can be something of an annoyance if one doesn't enjoy constant chatter and invasive questions.  She doesn't focus well, though, so it's easy enough to distract her with a new topic, some errand or a pretty bit of nature passing by, should one find themselves tired of her company.  She's a clever girl, but wisdom is in short supply, and she often finds herself getting into situations without considering the consequences, or before she fully understands what is expected of her.
Familiarity With DW/D&D:   I've been playing Pathfinder/D&D for like...five years?  I'm not an expert, but I know how to look up what I don't know.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?:  I'm on Elliquiy every day, and I can usually reply at least once a day, but my average is three to five times a week.
Which Party?: New party, please!

Nastara

Quote from: AndyZ on December 16, 2016, 04:39:19 PM
Name: Ara Songweaver
Sex/Gender: Futanari
Interested In: Female humanoids
Thank you, AndyZ! Looks like there's a lot of futa-love, so this could be a nice match!  Just to clarify, is this interest in just fully female humanoids?

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 17, 2016, 12:57:32 AM
Name: Rose Nightingale

Thank you very much, Aribeth!  Got her!  Looks very fun!

Quote from: vin26m on December 17, 2016, 08:58:23 PM
Name: Alleyne
Interested In: Female/futa/male humanoids/beasts/monsters, tentacles, nonconsensual, bondage, oral/anal/vaginal/multiple penetration, humiliation, degradation, dirty talk, verbal abuse, impact play, choking, rough sex, force, lots of cum
Thank you, vin!  That's an absolutely delightful list of Interested Ins.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 18, 2016, 01:34:39 AM
Name: Ushat "Ushie" the Insignificant
Race/Class: Orc Gladiator

Delvers Company seems to super attract tanky characters who are just fucking adorable!  Thank you, Bibliophilia!

AndyZ

Quote from: Nastara on December 18, 2016, 05:30:24 PM
Thank you, AndyZ! Looks like there's a lot of futa-love, so this could be a nice match!  Just to clarify, is this interest in just fully female humanoids?

Yeah.  I love playing futa but am not personally sexually interested in them.  But out of all the other characters so far, the only one that wouldn't really interest Ara is the giant spider.

Nastara

Okay, thank you very much, AndyZ!

I'm looking at characters, slotting people in, and trying to work out best parties with shared kinks, unshared roles, and compatible writing preferences!  Definitely going to have the current party role filled in either Monday or Tuesday (hopefully Monday) with... either later this week OR next week starting the second party!

Late submissions still accepted at this point, thank you ALL so much.  I love all of these characters and want to get them all in somehow.  I am working on another idea that I'm hoping to introduce that will be able to fit people in a more float-in-float-out way, but I'm still working out details.

vin26m

Quote from: Nastara on December 18, 2016, 05:30:24 PM
Thank you, vin!  That's an absolutely delightful list of Interested Ins.

Cool, thanks!

Bibliophilia

-grins.-  Thanks, Nastara!  I am excited to play her.

AndyZ

Quote from: Nastara on December 18, 2016, 05:47:21 PM
Okay, thank you very much, AndyZ!

I'm looking at characters, slotting people in, and trying to work out best parties with shared kinks, unshared roles, and compatible writing preferences!  Definitely going to have the current party role filled in either Monday or Tuesday (hopefully Monday) with... either later this week OR next week starting the second party!

Yeah, sadly I don't have as many ins as others.  Hopefully that doesn't disqualify me >.> If needs be, I can be the one that gets away to rescue the others when we get ambushed, or whatever you may have planned.

Late submissions still accepted at this point, thank you ALL so much.  I love all of these characters and want to get them all in somehow.  I am working on another idea that I'm hoping to introduce that will be able to fit people in a more float-in-float-out way, but I'm still working out details.

If I may offer a suggestion therein that might or might not be your idea: an adventuring guild, kinda like the Pathfinder Society.

Nastara

Quote from: AndyZ on December 18, 2016, 06:10:36 PM
If I may offer a suggestion therein that might or might not be your idea: an adventuring guild, kinda like the Pathfinder Society.
That's precisely what the Delver's Company is! ;D  The hope is that we'll keep bringing people in, growing groups, keeping stuff going.

My side-idea thing I'm trying to work out is basically because it's tough to run the number of groups we would need to bring everyone in, but I'd love to be able to do that.  I'm toying with the idea of some kind of a sexy arena that people could hop into in some sort of way... I'm not sure, thoughts still up in the air!

VonDoom

Quote from: Nastara on December 18, 2016, 06:16:07 PM
That's precisely what the Delver's Company is! ;D  The hope is that we'll keep bringing people in, growing groups, keeping stuff going.

Except they're hot and kick ass instead of being nerds.  O:)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Nastara

There's some nerdery in there as well!  I mean, I can vouch that I set to party to fight umber hulks.  Not exactly scraping the barrel on monsters (lookin' at you flumphs), but far from non-nerd tongues!

Ershin

Quote from: Nastara on December 18, 2016, 05:47:21 PM
Definitely going to have the current party role filled in either Monday or Tuesday (hopefully Monday) with... either later this week OR next week starting the second party!
Looking forward to the results  <3

Quote from: VonDoom on December 18, 2016, 06:31:22 PM
Except they're hot and kick ass instead of being nerds.  O:)

Nerds, you say? Why do I suddenly feel compelled to demand someone's lunch money?

AndyZ

People smarter than Ara are one of the three types of people she finds sexy.

Nastara

Looking forward to it as well!  The old group has a single encounter to finish, then we'll be able to roll in and start ROCKING NEW ADVENTURES! WOOHOO!

And then second group will ALSO HAVE ADVENTURES!!!

And I /may/ see about setting up an arena after that...

MiraMirror

Quote from: Nastara on December 18, 2016, 08:15:56 PM
Looking forward to it as well!  The old group has a single encounter to finish, then we'll be able to roll in and start ROCKING NEW ADVENTURES! WOOHOO!

And then second group will ALSO HAVE ADVENTURES!!!

And I /may/ see about setting up an arena after that...

An arenaaaaa? Player vs player? .3.

EPIC, MIGHTY SPARRING?!  Want!

Whoever gets in simply must touch Yula's fluffy tail at some point, especially if we get into another drinking game in the tavern.

Nastara

I'm still working out exactly how an  arena would work. I want to be able to have more things going on, but I can obviously only run so much! 

Chulanowa

Quote from: MiraMirror on December 18, 2016, 08:41:43 PM
An arenaaaaa? Player vs player? .3.

EPIC, MIGHTY SPARRING?!  Want!

Whoever gets in simply must touch Yula's fluffy tail at some point, especially if we get into another drinking game in the tavern.

"Touch flufftail" is always a good option, I have found.

AndyZ

MiraMirror

Chulanowa

There we go, finally settled on an image for River. Dunno why I took so long, it's not like she's going to look the same over the course of the game  ;D

TheSithChicken

I know how you feel. I picked a picture out for Serena and her whole gimmick is illusions and changing her appearance.

Vergil Tanner

Well, you need to know what she looks like underneath all of that, right? Or will people see an Eldritch Abomination that is Beyond Comprehension if they use Dispel magic? :P

MiraMirror

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 18, 2016, 09:41:58 PM
Well, you need to know what she looks like underneath all of that, right? Or will people see an Eldritch Abomination that is Beyond Comprehension if they use Dispel magic? :P

I cast "Summon Greater Geeeee Emmmmmm!"

Vergil Tanner

Chulanowa

Under all her fae glamors, River is actually three corgis in a trenchcoat.

Nastara

Sorry, you're stuck with the lesser GM.

DEFINITELY helps to know her initial form! :D

Vergil Tanner

Chulanowa

Vergil Tanner

Bibliophilia

TheSithChicken

Not really. Her Masks can fool Death himself (if we were using Death Moves).

AribethAmkiir

Just finished reading the "Crimes of the Ancient Stronghold".  I must say, that was quite an epic adventure.  I'm excited to see what comes next.

Nastara

Glad to hear it! I'm pretty thrilled with how things have been going.  And when we hit 1,000 posts I'll be the most thrilled for easier reading! :P

MiraMirror

Yula has her own solo adventure, too. ^.^

Yay for boning things, but managing to get out of actual sex!

Because, you know, backstory reasons.

AribethAmkiir

"Boning things but avoiding sex"?  I'm trying to figure out how that works.

MiraMirror

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 18, 2016, 10:21:48 PM

She gave the big boss a blowjob and a titjob to avoid getting penetrated, though she actually kind of pitied the drow afterwards for a few reasons.  Pretty sure Malrefesh will be back since Yula only did that to steal her orb (which is a whole fun little adventure waiting to happen in itself).

Chulanowa

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 18, 2016, 10:21:48 PM

Ever played a necromancer in Diablo II? Works like that  ;D

Bibliophilia

-snickers.-  Oh!  -runs off to play Hearthstone.-

thaumaturgeterashi

Name: Keiko Yurino*
Race/Class: Human Sorceress**
Interested In: Women/Feminine Monsters***
Brief Description:
Physical: Stands five feet, two inches tall.  Short brunette hair and bright, emerald-green eyes, smooth and clear skin. Modest bust contrasted by a nice, plump behind.  Usually wears simple clothing.
Personality: Humble, somewhat modest. Protective to the point of being a worrywart toward those she cares about.  She starts out being afraid of her powers because at some point during her youth, (while her sorceress powers were growing), she woke up at the end of sleepcasting a fire spell that burned down her childhood home with her sleeping parents still in it. (Yup, orphan)  However, with time, she can learn to control her spellcasting prowess and use it for good.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've played with AD&D, DnD 3.5e, and DnD 5e.  No experience with DnD basic, DnD 4e, or DW.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily.  I usually check in seldomly because of the pace of SSV, but having more to respond to would
Which Party?: Old Party if my character fits, New Party otherwise.

*No, this isn't the same person as my robot girl in SSV, though they are both variants of the same prime character.  I like to change things around a lot. :)
**Couldn't find a race I liked, so I went with the default.  Most of the custom races in this game are monstrous ones.  Boring.  Also, I like the idea of a spellcaster whose prowess is based on her emotions.  A bit Frozen-ish, I know, but this one is more fire based, so I won't be throwing the land in eternal winter, so don't worry. ;)
***I'm okay with my character playing (or being played with) with males, but you didn't ask what my character is into... ;)

Nastara

(Looks like it will be Tuesday for the Current Party Member!  I'll send a message and then post here that someone has been grabbed up, then I'll start putting together the puzzle of the New Party!)

Ershin

Quote from: Nastara on December 19, 2016, 04:59:57 PM
(Looks like it will be Tuesday for the Current Party Member!  I'll send a message and then post here that someone has been grabbed up, then I'll start putting together the puzzle of the New Party!)
The suspense is palpable >.>

Nastara

This probably takes longer than it should because I HATE doing the decision part of this. I've listed out all of the PCs with notes like 'Great character! Great posting history! Know personally that they are fun!' and it's not making choosing easier.

AndyZ

Are there enough people for an extra group combined with enough time on your part to handle that extra group?

Nastara

There are enough people for an extra group, but not enough Nastara-time for an extra group.  If I could, I would FILL my time with running sexy Dungeon World.

There may be time for a Nastara side-project (like the arena I was talking about before which would be kind of like... semi-GMed PvP scenes), but a full adventure group takes a decent amount of time (often players wait for GM to respond to big moments within the plot or fight, have to plan/balance encounters, try not to fall into the same thing over and over again, etc).

AndyZ

Very understandable ^_^ Don't overpush yourself if you know you can't do it.

Nastara

Yeah, I'd definitely rather manage things well with two groups than have three groups collapse!  Three groups may be on the horizon, but we'll see!

Vergil Tanner

Well, we're all waiting on tenterhooks to see which character you'll be picking! *crosses fingers* :P

AndyZ

Nastara

Okay, so, Ershin is going to be the player for the currently running group!  I'm still in the process of putting together the team for the new party!

I'm sorry this takes me a while. 

To ALL who apped, I'd love to introduce a new thread with some fun, sexy maybe PvP combat/contests (with GM intrusion style naughtiness)  which will be easier for me to manage than a full third party, but could help to transition to that later!  Obviously, no pressure to go for that if it isn't interesting to you.

But thank you all so much.  You are all so amazing, I love all of these characters, and I just want to fill game after game after game.  There were enough people that entered for me to fill 3 new groups.

Vergil Tanner

Congratulations Ershin! :D

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the second party, though with Sara I doubt I'd be interested in an arena...limited time y'see. Who knows, though? :P

AribethAmkiir

Congrats, Ershin.  That group definitely needs a healer.  :)

Hexed

Ershin

Thank you very much for the opportunity, looking forward to seeing what Dungeon World is like and playing with the group ~

pdragon

Request Thread

Kathyan

Awww  :'(
Guess there were/are to many of us

Anyway cheers for Ershin. I still hope to get into the second group as I don't think I could get a full feel of DW with only PvP arena but well at least that'll be fun too :P

Omg pdragon, that video really made me laugh xD

Nastara

Hopefully all answers will be had tomorrow!  I'll also see what I think I can manage in terms of finding more ways to include more people!

Nastara

Hello!

I've sent out my initial invitation for the new group, which unfortunately means that the current Adventure Parties are filled.  I wish SO much that I could have included everybody, but with 5 being my hard-cap for party size it was impossible to do.  Literally every one of you had an excellent application and I wish so much that I could just run the 3 to 4 groups required to fit everyone!

In the coming days, I'll try to figure out if there are other ways we could play some lower-cognitive-load Dungeon World with other players because I do love every one of these apps!

As with all group games, there is also always a chance of player drop-out, if that happens I will go back to this thread to try to find a fill.

So just once again, thank you all so much.  You are all amazing and happy writing!

AndyZ

Would the arena thing be a city sandbox, and if so, anything we could do to help get it going?

Vergil Tanner

Aww, that's rather disappointing. Oh well...I'll just have to try again next time. :-) Congratulations to everybody who got through, and good luck!

Kathyan

Pretty disappointed myself too. I did have my hopes high to play DW and to learn more about it so I could also GM it with my friends as well. Oh well considering there were around sixteen or seventeen people applying for this guess I was very probable to be left out.  :-(

Still save me a spot in the waiting line, I wont lose my hopes yet :-)

Nastara

I'm sorry!  I truly do wish I could get it fully set up with all of you! 

Quote from: AndyZ on December 21, 2016, 02:23:14 PM
Would the arena thing be a city sandbox, and if so, anything we could do to help get it going?
I'm really not sure yet.  I'm trying to work out what the level of work I am able to do for a third group of some kind (especially one that would be HUGE) would be.

pdragon

Quote from: Nastara on December 21, 2016, 05:49:31 PM
I'm sorry!  I truly do wish I could get it fully set up with all of you! 
I'm really not sure yet.  I'm trying to work out what the level of work I am able to do for a third group of some kind (especially one that would be HUGE) would be.
Perhaps have the "third group" be more of an open world free form thing? Just allowing the various characters to interact and go on adventures without actually following the rules of DW? That way everyone can use their characters and do whatever side plots, misadventures, etc. they want, without the need for a DM to have to constantly watch over and monitor everything. And then if people leave the main groups or if you just want to shake up the groups later down the line you have a pool of active people to choose from who have been developing their character relationships and history instead of just sitting around collecting dust.

Plus you have the potential for things in the freeform game to inspire new story/quest ideas, or if something major happens during one of the Delvers' adventures you can explore the larger consequences of it in the freeform thread. Plus it could be a nice little side thing for the main game characters if there's ever some down time or you're busy with something and they just want to mess around in the setting for a bit with their characters without the formality of the game itself.

Request Thread

vin26m

Thanks for the consideration and good luck with the groups.

AndyZ

So, if I try to set up a DW sandbox setting, who all would be interested in helping and/or playing?

Kathyan

So kinda DW for leftovers? ;D
Well I really wanted to play with Nastara but count me in, I'm very willing to play and also help if possible.

Vergil Tanner

It would really depend on the plot, and how much you're willing to bend with character classes; Nastara and I worked out a custom class for Sara the last time I applied for a game with her, and I'd rather not have to rework it from the ground up. If the plot interests me, though, and I can carry over my custom class, then I might be interested.

AndyZ

Wouldn't just be leftovers.  I was thinking something larger that's more a sandbox, where adventurers can just hang out and such.  I'm too focused on something else to properly run everything right now, though, so I'd need folks who also wanted to play out missions for others and all.

Vergil Tanner

I'm not experienced enough with DW to play adventures for other players, unfortunately.