Stranded ( Interest Check)

Started by Awesomesauce, September 09, 2012, 06:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomesauce

Hey.
Was wondering if some people would be interested in a game taking place in an Island.
The story is not yet defined, but I had in mind the usual people go on a cruise or vacation, it crashes, only a few survivors make it to a nearby island with a twist.
There's already other people living there, with a similar language but different beliefs, perhaps they are even downright evil and believe in trying to enslave the people that just crashed onto the island, or perhaps they'll try to kill the males and keep the women, I don't know.
It seems interesting to me, though. .Maybe we can even mix some fantasy in.

Anybody up for it? Suggestions?

Siereis

Totally interested! Thought I'd like for more elaboration in terms of plot content and expected scenes first.  For example, did you have in mind that this would be a mostly social and interacting RP? Free-roam or GM controled?  Sexual content expectations and limits? 

I'll definitely keep an eye out here.

TheHangedOne

I'm interested, but I can't give a definite yes or no until I see more details in all areas.

Sie has a lot of good questions, and I have one to add: What sort of fantasy element(s)?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Acid Lips

I am putting my interest into this! :)

Awesomesauce

I'm actually still trying to brain storm a plot.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.
By the way, I want to mention I'm kinda new to Elliquiy. Bear with me for a bit please. xD

To answer Siereis questions :
1)I'm actually unsure of what you mean by that. I mean, every RP can be described as social/interacting. I expect there to be romance, drama, action, etc.
2)I'd like it to be free roam for the most part. Let the character's build the story completely, without a GM needing to intercede. (If that's what you meant.)
3)I do expect sex to happen. After all, there's going to be human beings trapped inside an island, with perhaps a hostile group of human beings already living there. I don't really have any limits in mind,  other than if a player voices being disturbed by something, it'd be taken to PM?

As for the fantasy elements. I'm still unsure. Perhaps it could be that every single person that survived actually has a paranormal ability of some sort. Perhaps the Island has magical properties that awaken various dormant talents among the people in there, it is hidden from the view of the outside world, almost impossible to escape, etc. which needless to say, would favor the group of people that had already been living there.

Thoughts? I'm very open to suggestions. Just want everybody to have fun, after all. =)

TheHangedOne

I have a suggestion. Lots of strange flora and fauna; many fruit bearing trees, strange springs and the like. Certain fruits/vegetables/springs grant temporary powers/abilities, but if you eat enough (or drink enough from a spring or swim in it long enough) it becomes more permanent.

It could also be a place unlikely to be discovered because prevailing weather conditions makes it very unapproachable; lots of seas and turbulence and the like. You could also set it in a stretch of ocean that is cursed, like the Dragon Triangle or Bermuda Triangle, for added mystique.

The locals might not even be humans at all? Maybe they're their own strange species, maybe only vaguely human in appearances.

Feel free to use any of these ideas as you see fit, and especially to discard them if it doesn't sound good to you. I can also come up with more specific ideas, if you'd like.
Check out my poet tree!

Awesomesauce

I'm definitely using your second idea.
I was thinking about there being an electro-magnetic field that acts as a sort of jammer. No electronic signal can get into the island, though they can operate within it.
There's typhoons in the distance about 1 kilometer away from every single point in the shore. Nobody is able to swim past them.

Now for your third idea... Vaguely resembling humans?
Elaborate please.
Mm. .I'm kinda leaning towards every person already having an innate magical/supernatural ability that they discover upon reaching the island, bit by bit, though perhaps some could have discovered theirs earlier.
Though perhaps we could scrap the fantasy elements and just have it so normal people get stranded, and there's a group of primitive people already living there..
Maybe some isolated monsters, be it prehistoric or mythical could appear as well?

How is all this sounding?
Like I said, suggestions are appreciated.

TheHangedOne

Sky's the limit there. Elves, lizard-folk, goblins, pretty much any fantasy humanoid thing could be there.

I like the idea of primitives; their are, after all, many tribal cultures that exist to this day in places like the Amazon.

Also, some sort of 'remnant' creature, throwbacks to more primitive and bestial animals, would be awesome.
Check out my poet tree!

Siereis

Thanks for the answers Awesome, and ya, you did answer them all.

Also, might I throw in my support for literally all of the ideas that Hangedman offered, especially the idea of including monsters.

Now my only question is: Who will 'control' the locals/beasts/etc?

Lastly...what time period did we ever settle on? Current day?  I'm actually quite eager to post a character now!

Can't wait for this to start :(

MzHyde

I'm interested in this and would love to get a character up!

Awesomesauce

I was actually wanting to see if we could come up with a slight amount of lore for the locals, and have certain players play them if they so wish.

I could play some of the beasts, though I expect some players will want to write about their character's encounters with one.
Perhaps some people would want to play two characters? Though I actually dislike the notion of someone playing two though. I find that when people play two characters, they both suffer.
I'm up for allowing that though, with a maximum of two, with opposite affiliation.

Now, for the locals.
I was thinking primitive humans. Perhaps Scandinavian? Perhaps dark skinned?
What do you guys suggest?Keep in mind there doesn't have to be only one tribe of locals. Goblins could be a few miles away from the Scandinavian beauties, or orcs. (Not that I want to saturate the island with a bunch of races though! =O )

If any of you were wondering, I would of course sometimes have to control the weather as a GM, including the accident that causes the crash. I mean, someone has to do it. :p

And to those wanting to create characters. Does anybody have a standard skeleton I can borrow and modify? =)

TheHangedOne

I vote for Scandinavians! Especially if we can somehow cross an Amazon with a Viking. That would, just, like... make my year. I think.

As for a standard skeleton, how about this:

Name:

Noteworthy Skills:

Physical description:

Personality:

Brief History:
Check out my poet tree!