Eberron Bepop (3.5 edition DnD)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 10, 2013, 05:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

QuoteMuse char's can be mechanic although I originally intended mechanic to be related by blood to the captain but I am fine with that the mechanic is not 'must be related' sort deal.

Well, I was thinking that Luna's character could have been the captain's daughter, an idealistic young cleric.  That would still give the mechanic a connection to the pilot through her.

Also, is there a minimum of gold we must spend?  I currently have about 19k gold left.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Luna's char is a warforged, so captain cannot be 'related' to warforged. Although crazy as it sounds some humanoid may have 'adopted' a warforged as son/daughter some reason or another (and I am okay with that). The mystery how warforges are done is still mystery to even most Canniths (expect those who used Creation Forges).

Anyways cap spending to gold is 10,000 per item unless most price is related to exotic material. The spending minimum (meaning how much you must spend) does not exist. Although advice is that you spend most of it but you can put money to savings.

kckolbe

I thought that the lore behind Luna's character is that she was human and died, but Muse's character "created" her into warforged...kinda like RoboCop, only sexier (sorry).
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Muse

I could handle the loss of 3 levels of Artificer.  What really bugs me is the loss of attached components.  *Sighs* 

Maybe we can come up wiht a different concept. 

Hmmm? No, no.  There was a human girl who was dying,but Luna healed her as she became a cleric.  ^_^;; 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

Muse, does the use of the polymorph spell help?

Intro Thread

Lockepick

I appreciate the clarification, and Windwright Captain sounds interesting, but it wasn't really what I was looking to play.

I do appreciate the advice and assistance, I think I just don't like playing casters very much. I feel guilty when I do awesome stuff, and I feel lame when I have to compare it to a full attack round, and it is under performing. It's a little hang-up by mine.

Right now, if there is still a Non-mechanic/pilot spot open, I'd probably roll a Rogue or Spell-Thief. The latter has some cool flavor which might make up for the loss of focus. I will read over Factorum again, to see what all the hub-bub is about, but I wasn't super enticed the first read through.

I've honestly lost track though, so no clue if I should roll up some stats or if there is no room for me.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Muse

Luna and i are looking at Shifters now. 

Luna would still be playing a cleric. I'm still up in the air. One of my concepts is a wilder from Sharn who worked the high steel before enlisting in the war.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kunoichi

A Shifter Cleric?  Hmm.  In that case, might I recommend the Moonspeaker prestige class from Races of Eberron?  It's got class features that give slightly more benefit to Druids, but even Clerics can get some very nice abilities out of the class. ^^

kckolbe

Hm...if Muse is going Wilder and lockepick rogue/spellthief (I prefer spellthief for both flavor and versatility), then we are down an Artificer (mechanic).  I'd be willing to take up that role instead of the Warmage if it means everyone gets to play.

Intro Thread

Kunoichi

Er, kckolbe, Zaer has already pointed this out, but we don't really have to have an Artificer if nobody wants to be one. ^^; The ship's mechanic will just be an NPC.

kckolbe

But he is only allowing 4 chars plus pilot and mechanic, and we have six players interested.  I'm willing to play an Artificer 4/Duskblade 4.  He'd excel at destroying constructs (including Warforged).  Also, he'd be human, making a relation to the captain possible.

Intro Thread

Kunoichi

Ah, I missed that. ><; In that case, playing an Artificer certainly wouldn't be a bad choice.  You'd be able to contribute in a very wide variety of ways.

kckolbe

Plus, I like the idea of his being able to kill constructs easily, and Duskblade compliments that nicely with the attack bonus and spell channel ability (which seems to allow infusions).  They also both cast off of Intelligence, which works nicely, and can both wear medium armor.  He is to them what clerics are to undead.

I picked the combination for flavor, but they really do work together nicely.  He won't be the strongest fighter by any stretch, but he is capable enough, plus I rolled nicely on stats so I can afford to play something less powerful.

Intro Thread

Kunoichi

I kind of like the 'Hordeficer'-style builds for covering melee, myself, but I suppose having a small army of homunculi at your beck and call could slow the game down a bit. ^^;

I think you'll find the Unofficial Artificer Handbook to be a good resource, though.

Zaer Darkwail

Just note that infusions do not work on duskblade's spell channeling via melee strikes. Same reason as I would not allow it work with sorcerer 4/duskblade 4 (by channeling other class spells via melee strike). Only spells channeled are duskblade own class ones.

However, you can get the construct harming spells via Extra Spell feat and artificer infusions blend well in 'temporally empower my sword and armor' aspect being duskblade. Also my own house ruling duskblades get somatic weaponry at level 1 (so they can cast by waving their shield and sword around to cover somatic components of the spells they cast).

Anyways it's correct that there is 4 PC slots and then pilot and mechanic spots (and if not filled I use NPC instead).

kckolbe

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 12, 2013, 02:40:46 PM
Just note that infusions do not work on duskblade's spell channeling via melee strikes.

I may pass on duskblade then and just go artificer.

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, going full artificer is not bad choice either :). Just check the handbook as it speaks in very good detail about artificers and build ideas.

Muse

Kunoichi

So, now that my build's been settled on, I've got a couple of magic item-related questions.

In Complete Psionic, there's an item called a Psychoactive Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor.  It costs 3,000 gold, takes up the Body slot when equipped, and basically acts a set of full plate that counts as light armor and can be put on and taken off as a standard action.

The item appears again in the Magic Item Compendium, on page 170, but there it costs twice as much, but also doesn't take up a slot when equipped.

For my first question, would it be possible for me to purchase the cheaper version that takes up an equipment slot, rather than the more expensive slotless version?  And for my second question, would I then be able to enchant the item as armor from there?

Zaer Darkwail

You can take the cheaper version and you can further enchant it so long it takes actual equipment slot to wear it. You could in theory make the full plate made from mithril (and so kind of work as advanced magitech bodysuit armor). You can change psionic nature of the armor into arcane one easily.

Kunoichi

That's good to know. ^^ If I give it the Glamered enchantment, could I describe it as shape-shifting into whatever sort of clothing I want it to be?

Rhaegar14

Well, let me clarify a bit on the matter of the Windwright Captain and our need of a pilot; I would rather play the Knight Phantom. What I'm saying is that I'm willing to jump on this grenade if no one else will lol.

And Zaer, Windwright Captain requires 6 ranks of UMD, which means without at least 1 level in a class that has UMD as a class skill you can't qualify by 8th level. This, in turn, limits the number of classes that qualify easily/naturally. If I've found all of them, the list goes Artificer, Bard, Beguiler, and Spellthief.

Now, just about any other Arcane casting class can qualify by 8th with a Rogue dip. If I were to roll up the pilot, I'd probably do a Half-Elf Spellthief 1/Duskblade 6/Windwright Captain 1.

Also, for your GMPC, I highly recommend the Legendary Captain PrC. I was gonna mix it with Windwright if the former didn't require that the character be master of the ship.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Lockepick

Rolled up my Stats on Invisible Castle. Not sure what I should be posting, so I'll post everything! It said I was 'Ironman!" the whole time, but this last page doesn't seem to say that, so no clue if I fucked that up.

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/34090/

STR 17, DEX 17, CON 15, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 13

I'll try to get some details and a sheet up sometime tomorrow.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Marie Reynolds

Would there still be room in this game perchance?