BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))

Started by Wargtass, November 15, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blobbe

Modified again! Branwen gave me an awesome idea for a character pic. Actually happy with this one!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Pilot

Name: Elisa Moreno
Sex: Female
BattleMech: BL-6-KNT Black Knight
Homeworld: Galatea
Original Faction: None (Mercenary)

Description: Elisa is on the tall side of things, standing 176 cm tall. She is fit and trim with an athletic build that suggests a life of training and discipline rather then luxury. Her skin is on the tanned side, topped by light red hair and green-brown eyes. A couple of small nicks and scars are visible, giving a further indication to her past and experiences.

Background: Seventy-five percent of Mercenary units fail in their first eighteen months; of those that survive, only a small portion will made it beyond five years. Even then, most of those usually will live a hardscrabble, hand-to-mouth existence for most of their careers. Success is the exception, rather then the rule.

Castilla's Cavaliers was one of those; never fantastically successful, they lived a life of marginal contracts fighting uphill against financial failure, equipment and supply shortages and the like. Elisa Moreno was born to one of its Mechwarriors and a Technician, and raised with the unit as it travelled, never calling any one place home. As she grew, she learned how to operate a BattleMech at her parent’s urging, as well as getting some background in technical skills and having a degree of sense knocked into her.

Unfortunately, the inevitable occurred; a raiding contract for the Taurian Concordat went bad, dropping the Cavaliers into heavier then expected opposition and forcing them to retreat without reaching their objectives with heavy casualties. The TDF chose to hold back payment on the grounds that the unit had failed its objectives and not performed ‘adequately’. What was left of the unit limped back to Outreach, where they simply surrendered to the combined weight of losses and debt, falling apart.

Elisa was one of those who sought a second chance; inheriting her father’s ‘Mech after his retirement due to injury, she set out to find a second chance at making her way. Using her skills and experience, she was hoping to get in on the ground floor of another unit and maybe, just maybe, do better then her parents did.

Personality: Elisa is rough and determined, the sort who tackles problems head-on and doesn’t shy away from a challenge when presented with it. She can be blunt and even obnoxious at times, preferring expediency and bluntness to pussyfooting around and fake politeness. Not used to luxury, she’s used to hard work and living rough, and isn’t afraid to do what’s needed to get a task done.

She has a dislike of Wolf’s Dragoons, seeing them as elitist snobs who have had everything handed to them on a silver platter. Her past career has also left her with a strong dislike of pirates and Taurians.

Speciality Skills: Elisa has a fair amount of technical experience and knowledge, especially when it comes to jury-rigging or making do with less than optimal parts. She also is something of a scrounger, good at scavenging and turning up parts and supplies.

BattleMech Characteristics

Chassis:  Technicron 1L Endo Steel
Weight Class: Heavy
Callsign: Defiance
Description: While Elisa’s Black Knight is in perfect functional condition, it’s ancient body bears the scars of many conflicts; the armour is pitted and battered, and its internal systems carry the legacy of many years of field repairs, bypasses and jury-rigging.

Loadout:
*Magna Hellstar II PPC
*2 McCorkel Large Lasers
*4 Maxwell DT Medium Lasers
*Magna Small Laser

Modules: Beagle Active Probe

Upgrades: Endo Steel skeleton

General Armor Values: 13 tons standard armour (208 points)

Lithium

^ Nice.

Oh, and there's plenty of (murderous axe-wielding) pink Mechs if you know where to look! :P

Lady Quixote

(typing from phone, please bare with me)

First I wanted to thank you for working on this game wargtass.  Also I wanted to purpose that if we don't ring two more to do two reinforced lances of 6 each (not completely unheard of, but still strange...it could be our merc charm...).

Along with that, if you do do 6 member lances and need to juggle some pilots/mechs around let me know.  While I personally love the Marauder Graff can end up in any mech.  If you need another medium to help round out a lance let me know.

Thanks and have a great day.
Matt

Branwen

Wow!  I want to worship at your feet and learn your skills!

Branwen

Quote from: mvo33 on November 20, 2012, 08:39:52 AM
Along with that, if you do do 6 member lances and need to juggle some pilots/mechs around let me know.  While I personally love the Marauder Graff can end up in any mech.  If you need another medium to help round out a lance let me know.

In line with Matt's comments, if we have TOO many pilots, I'm more than willing to take on a ground support or other non-cockpit role.  I really don't mind.  I could even play a civilian if someone needed one.

Wargtass

As things look now we'll start the first mission with 10 'Mechs. My idea for that would be to have two lances of four and a two-'Mech team filling in a battle coordination and communications role. Probably sounds boring, but ambushes do happen... :p

Character Thread
Mission Briefing
OOC

Lances will be posted shortly in the Mission Briefing thread.
O/O

Wargtass

Unit Rosters are up, discuss such thing as leadership for each Lance in the OOC.

And needless to say you are all accepted! I feel we have a pretty tightly knit group already. Finishing up the Briefing map and after that I'll get to working on the first post. Unless my MWO-Company needs me, I'm on call!
O/O

Blobbe

Quote from: Lithium on November 20, 2012, 08:31:40 AM
^ Nice.

Oh, and there's plenty of (murderous axe-wielding) pink Mechs if you know where to look! :P

Yay for Shimmering-Sword!

Marie Reynolds

Well guys i have really just hit a wall with this character so i will be removing myself from the running. Ill hopefully be able to catch you guys on the next one.

Sara Nilsson

Pilot

Name:  Miyoko Shadowborn
Callsign:  Puma
Sex:  Female
BattleMech: Shadow Hawk SHD-2K. Her poor mech has numerous scars across the front and shoulders testifying to the owners tendency to sometimes lose a bit of focus during battle. A stylized puma is painted over the right chestplates. If someone manages to peek into the cockpit they might be surprised to see several small stuffed teddy bears perched in little toy chairs and strapped in and of course wearing little hand made leather helmets. She likes to pet those while just idling and waiting to unleash the hellish wrath of her PPC.
Homeworld Lambrecht
Original Faction: Draconis Combine

Description: A rather petite young woman with large soulful eyes and a taste in clothes that is far from practical tent to make most people quickly dismiss her, but those that look closer can see that under her pale skin muscles ripple and the hands are callused and rough from hours of tinkering with heavy machinery. Her nails are worn short and almost always have engine grease underneath them, so for those that look closer at her tend to dismiss her based on the fact that she isnt all that attractive. She keeps her hair cropped really short like most mech pilots further removing any feminine charm that her exterior might evoke in an onlooker.

Background: The only daughter of two mech pilots who had found each other during their service to the Combine it was only natural that she would follow in their footsteps. And as a young woman she found a love for the medium mechs and despite her superiors rather see her train for larger mechs (due to her rather savage way of warfare which would have suited a heavy mech better) she refused (and earned one of many marks against her) and fell in love with the Shadow Hawk. During her short career in the military she was promoted and then demoted just as fast more times then she could count and when opportunity arose to strike out on her own she took it, the Combines military far to strict for her taste.

Personality: While normally calm and easy going as soon as she gets the neuro helmet on her head her blood lust creeps into her, while her mech isn't very heavily armoured the PPC will make anyone pay dearly as her lust rises. This lust has caused her to suffer needless damage and has prevented her rise in the ranks more then once, something that is recently causing her to try and calm down more and more.

Speciality Skills: Any free time she has that doesnt involve tinkering with her beloved mech she likes to practice with her katana or sit down for a good game of Go.

Type/Model:    Shadow Hawk SHD-2K
Tech:    Inner Sphere / 3025
Config:    Biped BattleMech
Rules:    Level 1, Standard design

Mass:    55 tons
Chassis:    Standard
Power Plant:    275 Core Tek Fusion
Walking Speed:    54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed:    86.4 km/h
Jump Jets:    3 Standard Jump Jets
   Jump Capacity:       90 meters
Armor Type:    Standard

Armament:
    1 LRM 5
    1 PPC
Manufacturer:    (Unknown)
Communications System:    (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

In use by:    Draconis Combine

Type/Model:    Shadow Hawk SHD-2K
Mass:    55 tons
Equipment:         Crits    Mass
Internal Structure:    91 pts Standard    0    5.50
Engine:    275    6    15.50
   Walking MP:    5         
   Running MP:    8         
   Jumping MP:    3         
Heat Sinks:    17 Single    6    7.00
   (Heat Sink Loc: 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL)
Gyro:         4    3.00
Cockpit, Life Support, Sensors:    5    3.00
Actuators:    L: Sh+UA+LA+H, R: Sh+UA+LA+H    16    .00
Armor Factor:    152 pts Standard    0    9.50
          Internal    Armor
          Structure    Value
     Head:    3    9
     Center Torso:    18    23
     Center Torso (Rear):         8
     L/R Side Torso:    13    18/18
     L/R Side Torso (Rear):         6/6
     L/R Arm:    9    16/16
     L/R Leg:    13    16/16
Weapons & Equipment:    Loc    Heat    Ammo    Crits    Mass
1 LRM 5    RT    2    24    2    3.00
   (Ammo Loc: 1 RT)
1 PPC    LT    10         3    7.00
3 Standard Jump Jets:                 3    1.50
   (Jump Jet Loc: 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 CT)
TOTALS:         12         45    55.00
Crits & Tons Left:                   33    .00
Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:    4,544,806 C-Bills
Battle Value:    1,018
Cost per BV:    4,464.45
Weapon Value:    644 / 644 (Ratio = .63 / .63)
Damage Factors:       SRDmg = 11; MRDmg = 9; LRDmg = 4
BattleForce2:    MP: 5,   Armor/Structure: 4/5
       Damage PB/M/L: 2/1/1,   Overheat: 0
       Class: MM,   Point Value: 10

vin26m

This is a work in progress.  If it seems viable, please let me know and I will flesh it out completely.  Thanks!

Pilot

Name: Hiro Kagekaze
Sex: Male
BattleMech: Spider
Homeworld: Shionoha, Dieron District

Description: Hiro is of medium height with a lean, muscular build.  He has short, straight black hair on his head and a goatee on his face. 

Background: Hiro is from the Dieron District of the Draconis Combine.  He grew up poor, but managed to break through the barrier caused by not being a member of the privileged class.  He was skilled enough to enroll in the Dieron District Gymnasium (DDG), which graduates 15 to 20 mech pilots per year with a complete disregard for the students' political and philosophical leanings. 

Like almost all of his fellow DDG graduates, Hiro was recruited to the 2nd Dieron Regulars, a veteran unit with questionable loyalty specializing in mountain combat and emphasizing honor through victory - in other words, they strived to win by any means necessary.  Ambushes, false truces and "playing dead" were all viable tactics.  Also, the atmosphere was one of constant backstabbing among its troops, which kept everyone on their toes.

Hiro's commanding officer (CO) had the resources to ruin careers and the willingness to do so.  After another member of his unit tricked Hiro into sleeping with the CO's daughters.  Hiro got caught, the CO booted him from the front-line unit to a garrison one.

Personality: Hiro is a trickster and a goofball in times of peace.  He acts aggressively and impatiently in times of war.  He doesn't always consider the consequences of his actions, yet he manages to come up with sound combat tactics when it really matters.  He fights dirty, and plays dirtier.

Specialty Skills: Due to Hiro's childhood in a rough neighborhood and training in a combat-oriented school, he is skilled in unarmed combat (particularly jiujitsu), armed combat (especially swords), and small arms (paired pistols).  He is also stealthy, athletic, acrobatic and perceptive.

Chassis: Spider
Weight Class: Light
Callsign: Ninja
Description: Hiro's Ronin is a humanoid looking bipedal mech with a spider web design on the chest.  It is designed for speed and maneuverability, which are used for scouting and flanking.  It also performs incendiary tasks - it starts fires to prevent enemies from pursuing it, to trap enemies, to clear areas for friendly forces, to generate smoke for concealment, and to quickly ignite ammo crates and command posts.  It is painted a matte black with hints of purple trim, reminiscent of the color scheme popular of his school.

Loadout: Some combination of medium lasers, flamers and/or machineguns

Modules: Maybe a C3 slave or TAG

Upgrades: (All upgrades to the structure itself, including Ferro-fibrous armor, Endoskeleton, DHS, etc.)

General Armor Values: (Just so that we have a hunch)

Original Version

Pilot

Name: Hiro Kagekaze
Sex: Male
BattleMech: Something heavy with a sword that jumps
Homeworld: Shionoha, Dieron District

Description: Hiro is of medium height with a lean, muscular build.  He has short, straight black hair on his head and a goatee on his face. 

Background: Hiro grew up in the Dieron District of the Draconis Combine.  He grew up poor, but managed to break through the barrier caused by not being a member of the privileged class.  He was skilled enough to enroll in the Dieron District Gymnasium (DDG), which graduates 15 to 20 mech pilots per year with a complete disregard for the students' political and philosophical leanings. 

Like almost all of his fellow DDG graduates, Hiro was recruited to the 2nd Dieron Regulars, a veteran unit with questionable loyalty specializing in mountain combat and emphasizing honor through victory - in other words, they strived to win by any means necessary.  Ambushes, false truces and "playing dead" were all viable tactics.  Also, the atmosphere was one of constant backstabbing among its troops, which kept everyone on their toes.

Hiro's commanding officer (CO) had the resources to ruin careers and the willingness to do so.  After another member of his unit tricked Hiro into sleeping with the CO's daughters, and getting Hiro caught, the CO booted him from the unit.

Personality: Hiro is a trickster and a goofball in times of peace.  He acts aggressively and impatiently in times of war.  He doesn't always consider the consequences of his actions, yet he manages to come up with sound combat tactics when it really matters.  He fights dirty, and plays dirtier.

Specialty Skills: Due to Hiro's childhood in a rough neighborhood and training in a combat-oriented school, he is skilled in unarmed combat (particularly jiujitsu), armed combat (especially swords), and small arms (paired pistols).  He is also stealthy and perceptive.

Chassis: Hatamotochi
Weight Class: Assault (80 tons)
Callsign: Ronin
Description: Hiro's Ronin is a humanoid looking bipedal mech complete with a samurai helmet and customized with a sword after one of its PPC's was blown off.  It is painted a matte black with hints of purple trim, reminiscient of the color scheme popular of his school.

Loadout: 2 x SRM-6, PPC, Sword

Modules: (Module upgrades of the 'Mech's systems as well as secondary systems, i.e. Anti Missile Systems, Artemis, BAP, etc.)

Upgrades: (All upgrades to the structure itself, including Ferro-fibrous armor, Endoskeleton, DHS, etc.)

General Armor Values: (Just so that we have a hunch)

Blobbe

The 'Mech sword wasn't developed until 3057, some 8 years after this RP is set. Likewise, the Hatamoto-Chi isn't readily available outside of the DCMS, being a still brand-new 'Mech. There's no way that someone would be dishonourably discharged and yet still allowed to leave with one.

vin26m

Quote from: KaylaM on November 23, 2012, 07:25:13 AM
The 'Mech sword wasn't developed until 3057, some 8 years after this RP is set. Likewise, the Hatamoto-Chi isn't readily available outside of the DCMS, being a still brand-new 'Mech. There's no way that someone would be dishonourably discharged and yet still allowed to leave with one.

Oh man.  I really like that mech pic.

Thanks for the input, Kayla.

I changed the mech from a Hatamoto-Chi to a Spider.

I could use some help with the Spider's loadout and gear. 

I'm thinking some combination of a medium laser or two, a flamer or two, a machine gun or two, a C3 slave, a Narc with homing beacons/explosive beacons and/or TAG.  What would be helpful to the group?

Sel Nar

The Default Spider is a scary-good scout 'mech, actually. 8/12/8 Movement profile (Walk/Run/Jump) 2 Medium lasers, and the rest of its 30 tons is armour; Treat it like a Locust with bigger guns, and jumpjets and it'll treat you right.

C3 Computers aren't established until post 3050, Narc launchers, around the same, and explosive beacons are Post 3057 IIRC. Also, TAG is pretty much 'artillery designator' and the Company doesn't have any artillery to play with.

Honestly, keep the Spider in its 3025 config, with the possibility of uprating the armour to ferro-fibrous for more protection for same weight.

Sara Nilsson

checking in since warg doesnt seem to check his pm.. wanting to know if im accepted :)

Wargtass

I have been gone for the last 24, so haven't had time to check in on everything. As far as I am concerned, you are both accepted. But as Sel says, there is no C3's. I'll fill up Ivan's spot with Hiro and put Miyoko in the Command Lance for now. Welcome aboard!
O/O

vin26m

vin26m

Would you mind if I added a bit about Hiro being familiar with using explosives?  I don't think anyone else has a skill for sabotage.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Wargtass on November 24, 2012, 09:14:39 AM
I have been gone for the last 24, so haven't had time to check in on everything. As far as I am concerned, you are both accepted. But as Sel says, there is no C3's. I'll fill up Ivan's spot with Hiro and put Miyoko in the Command Lance for now. Welcome aboard!

yay! *dances* are we there aright now or will we show up later?

Wargtass

Quote from: vin26m on November 24, 2012, 09:40:50 AM
Would you mind if I added a bit about Hiro being familiar with using explosives?  I don't think anyone else has a skill for sabotage.

Sure thing!

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 24, 2012, 09:51:10 AM
yay! *dances* are we there aright now or will we show up later?

The timewarp is with you, you arrive now!
O/O

Saric

you still looking for players or are you full up?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Lady Quixote

only wargtass can say if he's still looking for players but I think we have one slot left open...

Matt

Wargtass

O/O

Saric

"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Saric on November 25, 2012, 12:47:46 PM
I shall begin battlemech construction immediately.

good we need more hunky males to abu.. i mean.. oh shit..