BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))

Started by Wargtass, November 15, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi

Not wholly convinced I make the link between "fire support" and "needs to move fast." Artillery pieces are not exactly known for their agility. Maybe you and I are thinking wholly different things when we hear "fire support."

TheGlyphstone

"Faster moving" being relative to our assault mechs, which isn't hard. Dervishes, Trebuchets, and Catapults are all relatively fast mechs with good long-range support ability.

Lady Quixote

right, faster than our assault lance and/or more maneuverable...our assault/anvil lance is loaded for bare on PPCs (with one King Crab packing ac/20s) and the start of our Fire Support lance is a Crusader which while as fast as our heavies (64kph) it has jump jets which help it get into a better position to let loose the missiles.  Some of the light mechs might also be packing Narc pods as well.

also Thorne, here is teh character thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=157978.0

Matt

Andi

Except I am not particularly /interested/ in playing a skirmisher. Never have been. Now, that Rasalhague variant on the Archer looks like he packs a fair amount of indirect-fire punch, and masterunitlist.info lists the ARC-5R as available in 3050. ( Of course, my position on fire support is that if they are engaging in /direct/ fire, something already went wrong. They are supposed to be behind that ridge and shooting over it. )

TheGlyphstone

More assaults isn't what we're looking to pick up, unfortunately.

Andi

I'll brake myself out of this discussion until I hear from Warg. Andi out.

Thorne

Archer isn't an assault 'Mech anyway - it's a heavy, at 70 tons.

What was initially said about support still presumably counts, yes? I'm not sure why this is a problem, to be honest. :/
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

PaladinZenaku

Reason why I think we arent looking for any big mechs is the team is top heavy. Heres a run down on what we have.

King Crab, Awesome, Black Knight, Marauder, Raven, Hatchetman, Crusader.

2 Assaults
3 Heavies
1 Medium
1 Light

"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Thorne

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 17, 2013, 08:52:53 PM
"Faster moving" being relative to our assault mechs, which isn't hard. Dervishes, Trebuchets, and Catapults are all relatively fast mechs with good long-range support ability.

*indicates above*
Weight class =/= what you boys are asking for, methinks. I just did a little fast romp through sarna.net for these three 'Mechs, to double check.

The Trebuchet and Dervish both weigh in on the heavy end of the medium range, at 50 and 55 tons, respectively.
The Catapult is a heavy, at 65 tons - and not the most useful option of the three, looking at it.

So, yah... at this point, I've been as helpful as I'm gonna be, I'll leave you boys to it.

I will say this though. I really don't like watching people tell others what to play, and you guys are starting to toe that line pretty seriously. I realise advice was asked, but this is starting to make me really twitchy.  >.<

Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Wargtass

Quote from: Thorne on April 18, 2013, 04:14:45 PM
I will say this though. I really don't like watching people tell others what to play, and you guys are starting to toe that line pretty seriously. I realise advice was asked, but this is starting to make me really twitchy.  >.<

Agreed. While you are here to recommend 'Mechs and what of the four classes you would like to see, it in no way means that you should dictate or pressure new players into picking a 'Mech they do not want. It's their character ultimately, not yours and I still have final say in the matter. You asked for Fire Support, the Archer is a damn fine piece of fire support.

I approve an Archer ARC-5R if that is what you want, Andi.
O/O

Andi

Warg, with your approval, I'll go ahead and migrate Parcival's info to the "official" character sheet thread.

Wargtass

Just add in the 'Mech info and you are good to go!  ;D
O/O

Wargtass

Opening up recruitment again to fill some vacant spots in the company in the near future. Any gender welcomed and 'Mechs restricted to common sense Inner Sphere ca 3025-3050. If you are unsure or have any other questions, please PM me and I'll answer any and all questions!
O/O

Wargtass

Updated 1st Sept 2013: Made the front page a bit more approachable for those not familiar with BattleTech.
O/O