BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))

Started by Wargtass, November 15, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chazy

My appologies folks. My grandmother passed away last friday and that was the final straw with not able to see my kids and getting somewhat depressed during the holiday season, I am sinking into a deep slump. All the drive I have is to just lay down and pray this nightmare will end. I need to shake this melencholy before it consumes me from within. Will have the next three days off so will do my best to catch up then. Thank you for your patience.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

hagetakabob

I'm assuming this game is still closed to newcomers? (Hey, it can't hurt to ask)

TheGlyphstone

...that's usually what [Closed] means on a thread. ;D

There's work being done for multiple parallel games, but it's in the very early stages.

Wargtass

Quote from: hagetakabob on December 16, 2012, 11:48:15 PM
I'm assuming this game is still closed to newcomers? (Hey, it can't hurt to ask)

As Glyph said. I predict that we'll be able to take in new players around early-late January.

Oh, and if you want to help in the development or just make your voice heard you can head to this thread.
O/O

Chazy

Okay. I was gonna modify my pheonixhawk but I doubt I have the time to do so before the game starts. I only wanted to modify the weapons and max out the armor but I guess I can do that in game. Will just go with the standard pheonixhawk.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

Chazy

Just when I thought I was done, I got sick over the holidays.

Wargtass

Recruiting one MechWarrior for the Company.
O/O

Chazy

Where did everyone go? I had my character ready. Did I miss the starting post or something?

Wargtass

Quote from: Chazy on February 27, 2013, 12:10:58 AM
Where did everyone go? I had my character ready. Did I miss the starting post or something?

I asked that you fill out the whole of your character sheet and post it in this thread but you never did. You missed the starting post and the next 461 IC posts.

This is a good point (as well as in the intro that I'll edit in a moment) for me to tell applicants that I want you to post your filled out character sheets on this thread. A) because I have some of the players that know much more about BattleTech than I do (proofreading for my lazy ass... ::)) and B) we have had some issues down the line and I'd like for all my current players to be able to see what people and characters I take on board. Nothing against you, it's for the benefits of the game and my players.

At the moment we already have a Phoenix Hawk on and the group have decided that their need another Light or a dedicated long range support unit. One of those seats (whichever is vacant after this recruitment) will be taken up by an already existing character as to not overpopulate the game before it is ready to take on more people.
O/O

PaladinZenaku

I am willing to join but I needed to figure out your meaning of long range unit. Do you mean PPC, Gauss rifle sniper styles, -_- or LRM? Here is a list of the mechs I had in mind but wanted the group to choose which is needed more. I am good at sniping but will go for missile platform if needed.
Longbow with its LRM20s
Warhammer with its PPCs
or the most powerful long range mech to exist....FAFNIR with its 2 heavy Gauss rifles
I can also choose a cougar light mech set up to be like the puma with 2 PPCs if that is more preferable.

P.S. I am new on the forum but I know a bunch about battletech. I still have some of my dads RP books from when e played.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Blobbe

At present, we're mostly after a LRM-type fire support 'Mech like an Archer or a Longbow. Also bear in mind that this is 3049; so mostly it's older 'Mechs and certainly no Clan ones.

Wargtass

Quote from: KaylaM on March 01, 2013, 06:39:15 AM
At present, we're mostly after a LRM-type fire support 'Mech like an Archer or a Longbow. Also bear in mind that this is 3049; so mostly it's older 'Mechs and certainly no Clan ones.

Actually its early 3050.
O/O

Blobbe

Quote from: Wargtass on March 01, 2013, 06:40:36 AM
Actually its early 3050.

Whoops! My mistake.

If you're unsure of a unit's availability or introduction, the Master Unit List (http://masterunitlist.info/) is a great place to start

Etah dna Evol

Pilot

Name: Paulos Wilken
Sex: Male
BattleMech: Raven
Homeworld: Solaris
Original Faction: Lyran Commonwealth

Description:

Background:
The Wilken family had lived on New Earth for generations and had served ComStar in different capacities since the fall of the Star League. Paulos’s story begins with his grandfather.  After attending the Royal Sandhurst Military Academy Greis Wilken became a fierce Mech Warrior in ComStar’s ComGuard. He achieved the status of Adept before he grew tired of the regimented life of the armed forces and left Terra for Solaris.

Fighting for the Skye Tigers Stable and rocking a massive Devastator, it wasn’t long before Wilken became a champion of Steiner Coliseum and achieved some success in the larger tournaments. The former Com Guard married a local woman who lived as a housewife in the Silesia District of Solaris. Their son Handel was extremely smart and as a teenager worked in the Skye Tigers Stable as an administration assistant.

After high school Handel Wilken attended Tharkad University and obtained a degree with a double major in economics and business. Moving to the Xolara district on Solaris he worked his way from a junior administrator to a senior executive as a member of Norse-Storm Technologies Incorporated. Handel left many years later to become a Vice President of Marketing with Innovative Design Concepts, also on Solaris. He never married, but he did have a son who he raised by himself who he named Paulos.

Meanwhile a young Paulos used his grandfather’s contacts in Skye to gain admittance to the Sanglamore Academy at the age of 16. At Sanglamore Paulos trained to become a Mech Warrior, much to his grandfather’s elation and his father’s chagrin, the former who had become his hero and mentor and the latter who didn't understand either of them. This was directly following the Skye Rebellion of 3034 and Free Skye student activists were common. Paulos never joined Free Skye but he did become something of a sympathizer.

Following graduation Paulos was one of the many Sanglamore graduates that joined the Skye Rangers, being commissioned as a Leutnant in the 4th Skye Rangers. Assigned an Ostscout Mech Paulos became adept at quick battlefield reconnaissance and employing electronic counter measures. Leading from the front, his leadership qualities were recognized early one and he was promoted to First Leutnant after one year in service. He was a Lance Commander of a Scout Lance by the time the 4th Skye Rangers were deployed to the First Battle of Kessel during the War of 3039.

In the first battle the 4th Skye Rangers along with a Donegal militia and the 11th Lyran Regulars easily crushed the 12th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre of the Draconis Combine.  The Rangers and the Regulars would have fared just fine if the 12th Cadre was reinforced by the 5th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre, but they were reinforced by the 5th Cadre and the 2nd Sword of Light, one of the fiercest Battle Mech Units in the Inner Sphere.

During the Battle Paulos’s Lance rotated through a rear maintenance area. Outside of his mech and hydrating, Paulos overheard the Commander of the 11th Regulars state that Donegal fell into a trap, the 11th were folding and they were going to sacrifice the 4th Rangers to cover a general withdrawal. When the other person the Commander talked to walked away, Paulos knifed the Commander in the back and slit his throat from behind, holding his hand over the commanders mouth to keep him from alerting anyone.

Paulos walked out from the area, remounted his mech and fought the rest of the battle. The Lyran Regulars who court martialed him never found the weapon and could never prove murder, but he was seen walking from the area so he was convicted of wrongful death and sentenced to a military prison on Tharkad for ten years. His grandfather visited a Paulos a few times in prison before Greis died of a heart condition.  His father never visited him. After his ten years on that cold world doing hard time, he emerged a much more cynical person.

Paulos returned to Solaris where Handel disowned his criminal son, but not before bequeathing Greis’s journals and all of his grandfathers possessions including a house in the Silesia District and a small fortune. It seems Greis left nothing to Handel. Selling the House and using the vast and overwhelming majority of his grandfathers wealth, Paulos was able to purchase a brand new Raven. Etah took his new mech and went to search for a mercenary unit to call home and a new life.

Personality:
Wilken is boisterous though not boastful and confident but not cocky. The veteran mech warrior has a reasonable amount of integrity, is loyal to his friends, comes off as genuine, likes to party and is cool under pressure. In a mech he is a team player, working to disrupt the enemy and inform his allies rather than to actually kill anything. He is the guy you want by your side unless you manage to offend him in some way, then he might shank you in your throat.

Speciality Skills:

• Basic combat training including individual tactical training, hand to hand combat and marksmanship
  • Has a talent for writing
  • Plays a competitive stick combat sport
  • Stays abreast of current events
  • Strangely adept at legal and historical research

BattleMech Characteristics
Chassis:  Hellespont Type R
Weight Class: Light (35 tons)
Callsign: Land Shark
Description:

Loadout:

• Beagle Active Probe (Cyclops-Beagle Sensory Probe)
  • Guardian ECM Suite (Apple Churchill Golden Shield)
  • Medium Lasers x2 (Ceres Arms)
  • Narc Missile Beacon (Apple Churchill Guiding Light)
  • SRM-6 (Sian-Ceres Cougar)
  • TAG (Apple Churchill 442x)

Modules:

• K-3 transmitter
  • Satellite Uplink
  • SatNav Receiver

Upgrades:

• Durallex Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment II
  • Endo Steel BattleMech Skeleton

General Armor Values:
Head: .30
Center Torso: .60
Center Torso(rear): .20 
R/L Torso: .60/.60           
R/L Torso(rear): .10/.10
R/L Arm:   .40/.40             
R/L Leg:   .40/.40             
For a total of 4
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Lady Quixote

Hello Etah dna Evol,

While I love the Nightstar we are only in 3050 and the Nightstar doesn't come back around till 3057.  It is a LostTech design but it's still pretty lost at this time, also I'm not sure where the NSR-9LS comes from there is a 9FC, 9J, and 9SS.  Finding one that was somehow hidden away in a warehouse for 300 years seems really far fetched to me.  It's Wargtass's call in the end but stretches things a bit to far for me.

Also I hate to say it but we are pretty top heavy already, we could use something more of a missile boat or rapid response mech (medium or light variety).

Matt

Etah dna Evol

The mech wasn't in a warehouse for 900 years. His grandfather picked up a frame from his ComStar days that he restored (the Nightstar is a Norse-Storm Technologies Mech and Norse-Storm Technologies is based on Solaris). But I can make him have restored a different mech type if needed.

Also I know its kind of heavy, but I like ERPPC's and gauss rifles (you need both, because PPC's overheat and gauss rifles are ammunition dependent) for long range support. Carrying missiles always seem counter productive to me. Even with CASE technology and they can blow the mech that is carrying them almost as easy as they can be fired.

If you wanted a lighter mech I can look for medium that has gauss rifles and some kind of long range lasers. If you guys are really looking for a missile boat or a light mech I can wait for another opening in the group.

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Lady Quixote

Yeah what I meant by heavy is the fact that we have an Awesome, King Crab, Marauder, Black Knight, Orion, and Axman already...so our company is already running on the heavy side of things.  (the rest of the force is a Phoenix Hawk, Hatchman, Sling, and a soon to be sold Shadowhawk...I think she's selling it...Sorry Wargtass, I don't even know how to catagorize Janos' thing...)

It's my opinion that even finding a frame and being able to get it out of ComStar would be near impossible (since they once again sunk into fanaticism after Myndo took charge during the 3rd succession war), let alone restoring it.  But once again, it's Wargtass's call as he's running the show around here.

Matt

PaladinZenaku

Well I am in the process of writing up my character that pilots a longbow LGB-12C. It is a 85 ton assault mech that has 2xLRM20s, 2xLRM15s, and 3xER small lasers.
~Shadowfang~

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Etah dna Evol on March 01, 2013, 05:58:28 PM
The mech wasn't in a warehouse for 900 years. His grandfather picked up a frame from his ComStar days that he restored (the Nightstar is a Norse-Storm Technologies Mech and Norse-Storm Technologies is based on Solaris). But I can make him have restored a different mech type if needed.

Also I know its kind of heavy, but I like ERPPC's and gauss rifles (you need both, because PPC's overheat and gauss rifles are ammunition dependent) for long range support. Carrying missiles always seem counter productive to me. Even with CASE technology and they can blow the mech that is carrying them almost as easy as they can be fired.

If you wanted a lighter mech I can look for medium that has gauss rifles and some kind of long range lasers. If you guys are really looking for a missile boat or a light mech I can wait for another opening in the group.

If you really like PPCs or Gauss rifles and have to go as a light mech. Look at the configs for the adder.
~Shadowfang~

Lady Quixote

I hate to tell you Paladinzenaku but your longbow is going to have the same issues as teh Nightstar, it was a lost design that didn't appear again (in production at least) until 3058.  Also ER Small Lasers haven't been developed by the Inner Sphere for another couple years yet as well.

It will be something to take up with Wargtass as well, he posted in the OCC that he was out for the day on harbor patrol so he should be back on tomorrow.

Also Adder's a clan mech and this is stricktly an IS affair right now...although we did get rather embarassed by some Elementals in our first mission
Matt

PaladinZenaku

I didnt know that but I will look in on that next time. Well I cant find a good missile boat mech without it either being lost tech or 5 to 20 years away from where you are playing.
~Shadowfang~

Lady Quixote

The Archer is a very venerable missile boat of the era (75 tons, and two LRM 20's) as is teh Catapult (65 tons 2 LRM 15s and jump jets)...then there is the Trebuchet (50 tons, 2 LRM 15's, Darth Vader head, and faster than the other two).

The Master Unit List can help you find mechs of specific era's http://masterunitlist.info/Unit?Name=adder, and Sarna.net is also a very good resource for looking up history http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page.

There are a bunch of us who are very familiar with the PnP and Battletech lore here, and are more than happy to help.

Matt

PaladinZenaku

Ok I will take a catapult design but need to find a good varient that is made close to the era we are playing in. But I am sorry I cant post my character tonight because I have to go cya.
~Shadowfang~

Blobbe

The basic CPLT-C1 Cataplut pretty much covers all our needs. It's also about the only variant that exists at this point.

Etah dna Evol, at this stage the only opening is for a light-medium 'Mech or an LRM boat; the unit is absurdly top-heavy right now and there's no real need for any more assault or heavy 'Mechs.

Lady Quixote

the CPLT-C4 packs some more missile firepower at the expense of close firewpower (-4 ML and insteady you have 1 SL)...sure it's mostly a star league era mech but the modifications aren't that far off that finding one would be impossible.  Similarily the CPLT-A1 removes all the MLs and adds more armor and ammo...but you pretty much have to be paired with someone who can help you out if they get in close because you will be useless.

That's the big problem with both of those variants, you really are lacking any sort of close range defense for when the enemy gets inside your LRM's min range

Matt