BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))

Started by Wargtass, November 15, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Quixote

bondage swing in the cockpit...how would the neuro-helmet figure that one out.   :D

So for the Clanner thing, they treat bondsmen like slaves mostly and since none of them are trueborn they look down on them even further.  They are often used as laborers after captured and in the Blood of Kerensky trilogy Vlad had no problems whipping Phelan when some bondsmen broke into his room (of course there was some bad blood between Vlad and Phelan already, and Phelan took the beating for the ones who really broke in...but I digress).

In the beginning, unless we get captured by Clan Wolf we probably won't be piloting a mech again unless we escape.  The Kahn was very progressive with their treatment of bondsmen, but then again Ulric was trying to show the rest of the Clans that their way is not necessarily the best.  We might be ok with Ghost Bears as well because they are also a Warden clan but that's up in the air.

So there is probably nothing against the trueborn banging bondsmen (they are claimed by the pilot that shot them down) there is generally some eugenic snobbery going on...sex is ubiquitous with them and they never really went into it but I'm pretty sure their birth control is pretty fool proof.

With that said, it's your game so you can tweak the world as you see fit...it wouldn't be the first time a Kahn played against the norm and created a fighting group of bondsmen, they would have to be firmly committed to the clan ideal though.

Hope that help.
Matt

Wargtass

Good to know, I'll keep it in mind. I'm not much of a NC though, so I'll at most allude to the practice.

As for us joining with any clanners, I see it as a very slim possibility. If the story and actions of the players seem to naturally sway that way, I guess it's possible, I wouldn't bet money on it though. Then again, that LB 20-X is tempting as all hell...  :P
O/O

Lady Quixote

yup their weaponry is very tempting, but it also might a leap for characters to give up on their homelands at the drop of a hat. 

I think Clanners doing NC on their bondsman is unlikely, unless they are into that.  Usually they'll boink their own squad or clutch mates (that's not the right word but I can't remember what the group of young clan warriors growing up are called).  The thing to remember is while they are a bit more Brave New World, it doesn't mean they don't care about people.  Some see conquering the IS as their divine right, and that the people are better off for it, others believe they should protect the Inner Sphere (from other clans or themselves)...to say that there's a wide variety of opinions is an understatement.

Matt

TheGlyphstone

Incidentally, Alroy wouldn't be the leader of the merc company - he might have the biggest, nastiest mech, but he's not an alpha-personality type, and doesn't usually stay with a merc group long enough to warrant a leadership role. I was expecting an offscreen NPC to be the overall leader, with our two lances being a part of a larger group.

Wargtass

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 18, 2012, 10:56:23 AM
Incidentally, Alroy wouldn't be the leader of the merc company - he might have the biggest, nastiest mech, but he's not an alpha-personality type, and doesn't usually stay with a merc group long enough to warrant a leadership role. I was expecting an offscreen NPC to be the overall leader, with our two lances being a part of a larger group.

I just wrote Walter up as the leader, but that's a pretty neat idea. What do the others think about that and who would you want to see as Lance-Commanders?
O/O

Lady Quixote

So at this point (I think) the Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons are contracting out merc work, so we could fall under one of their umbrella's.  As for Lance Commanders, I think we need to wait for the rest of the slots to get filled up, but if we're Walter's Wranglers (name up for debate, but I like alliteration) then Walter is probably one of them.

Matt

Jackalope

Wow... It's starting to look like I'm in a little over my head here lol. Beyond the mechwarrior games I don't really know much about this stuff... I was hoping to pilot a Vulture/Mad Dog but now I've no idea whether that fits in or not lol.

Branwen

Quote from: mvo33 on November 18, 2012, 09:24:02 AM
bondage swing in the cockpit...how would the neuro-helmet figure that one out.   :D

This is where a tiny character pays off.  :)  Or yoga, lots of yoga.

Lady Quixote

I could see that, although I would think your sense of balance is more than a bit off...I'd hate to see your Goliath mounting a lance mate's Spider

Matt

Lithium

I'll finish this in a few hours after I get some sleep, sooooo tired~

Pilot

Name: Lily Anne Montplaisir
Sex: Female
BattleMech: Axman AXM-2N
Homeworld: New Avalon
Original Faction: Federated Suns

Description:

Background:

Personality:

Speciality Skills:

BattleMech Characteristics

Chassis: Dorwinion
Weight Class: Heavy, 65 tons
Callsign: Kismet
Description:

Loadout:
2x LRM-15
3x Medium Lasers
1x Large Pulse Laser
1x Hatchet

Modules:
Jump Jets

Upgrades:
Ferro-Fibrous with CASE
Full-Head Ejection System

General Armor Values: Medium-Heavy

Wargtass

Quote from: Jackalope on November 18, 2012, 11:48:47 AM
Wow... It's starting to look like I'm in a little over my head here lol. Beyond the mechwarrior games I don't really know much about this stuff... I was hoping to pilot a Vulture/Mad Dog but now I've no idea whether that fits in or not lol.

The Mad Dog is a Clanmech, so it's off limit for now (might become salvageable later on though). The Archer is a pretty solid replacement though, with comparable armament and configuration, looks pretty neat as well.
O/O

Blobbe

The Clans definitely are not into the whole "rape and pillage" thing.

In Clan society, the "free love" approach means that sex is readily available; among Trueborn warriors, the easiest approach to seduction is to simply walk up to another warrior and ask if they wish to couple (ie, have sex) with you. Within clan society, sex is removed from reproduction; Trueborns are biologically infertile normally. Likewise, there's very little emotion in it; a Trueborn is just as likely to have sex with someone they have known for a long time as they are with a complete stranger, and in neither case would there be any feeling of commitment or affection.

One of the results of this is very little feeling of inappropriate behavior. A commander having sex with a subordinate is considered to be entirely natural and normal, and unlikely to affect their judgement or behavior. An instructor having sex with a cadet is unremarkable, and said instructor is going to pass or flunk the cadet based on their merit, not on how good they are in the sack.

Conversely, in Clan society, rape is seen as one of the worst crimes one can commit. The Clans don't have much in the way of a criminal justice system, and trials are virtually non-existent, relying more on honour systems and honesty then gathering evidence. An accusation of rape - even if the evidence is dubious - is punishable by death. On the spot. In the street. In public. With the body being strung up from the nearest lamp post.

For a Trueborn, having sex with a freebirth (ie, someone born normally from their parents' progreation) is seen as disgusting at the best of times and somewhat akin to bestiality at worst. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between.

In short; a Clanner would be incredibly unlikely to rape a prisoner; they'd be more likely to beat the snot out of them in the name of "teaching the freeborn scum a lesson" and then go off and have sex with a random stranger.

Lady Quixote

Exactly, thanks KaylaM.  Not surprised I got some details wrong.

Although I don't think Trueborn are born infertile and they talk about joining genetic material but that's rarely expanded upon (I think...).  If I had to guess they probably take sperm and ovum from the warriors and freeze them, they talk about the Iron Womb. 

Also for those of you wondering I found the word I was looking for Sibko's.  Also warriors may still turn down each other because they hate each other...rivalries can be pretty strong in Clan society.

Matt

Latooni Subota

I can't believe this popped up while I was sick, so I didn't get in on the ground floor. I NEED to be in this, since my game with Allie never got off the ground (SO SAD q.q ). Is . . is there still room, Wargy? :(
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

orderNchaos

Pilot

Name: Ranna Krannok
Sex: Female
BattleMech: HCT-6 Hatchetman 
Homeworld: Outreach
Original Faction: Wolf's Dragoons

Description: Ranna brings the rumor about the spirit of redheads to it's full life.  When she's not tinkering with her HCT-6 Hatcheman Razor she's probably running five miles or sparing with the other officers in the hangar bay.  Ranna takes great pride in her body and looks, a trait she learned at an early age from her mentor.  Her red hair is never the most noticeable aspect of her features but they do draw attention to her other assets with flare.

Background: Ranna, an orphan of the battle of Crossings was brought to Outreach in 3030 at the age of five after the Dragoons evacuated Crossings.  Her family had been killed when a Combine unit used their town to stage an ambush of Natasha Kerensky's Black Widow Company.  After the battle the company found only two children living among the dead, the Combine had kept the civilians corralled in the city to limit the Dragoon's response.  Taken in by Natasha Kerensky, Ranna became a favored child of the Dragoon's after they began a policy of recruiting orphans for service following the almost complete destruction of the unit during the campaign to defend Glenmora, Harrow's Sun and Wapakoneta.  Raised by the Dragoons, Ranna learned from an early age the aspects of combat, driving mechs and living as a warrior.  Showing great aptitude for piloting and mechanics, Ranna earned her position as a mechwarrior in Delta Regiment at the age of eighteen.  Being one of the first war orphans to reach the rank of Mechwarrior, Ranna helped Natasha Kerensky train new recruits and develop new combat skills and was promoted to the rank of Lt at the age of twenty two.  Like her mentor, Ranna developed a hot temper and propensity to jump before looking which created a certain level of strife between her and Jaime Wolf.  After a bitter disagreement with Jaime Wolf on matters of a contract the Dragoons were accepting, Ranna left the Dragoons.  Her intent was to explore and gain valuable knowledge of differing combat tactics to return to the Dragoons, but the bitter sting between Wolfe and Ranna seemed to much to repair.  Ranna signed on with the Wranglers six months ago.

Personality: Ranna is a brilliant strategist and mechwarrior but she is also has a fiery personality that rarely takes "no" for an answer.  Willing to lead from the front and run into a fight without thinking has earned her much respect and many scars but seems perfectly suited for a woman who drives a Hatchetman. 

Speciality Skills: Sharpshooter/ Natural Aptitude (Mechs) /Mech repair / Tactics

BattleMech Characteristics

Chassis: Chariot Type II
Weight Class:  Medium
Callsign:  Harlequin
Description: Dark grey with Brown and red tiger stripes randomly placed around the arms and legs.  The Blade of the hatchet has blood painted along the leading edge as if running down the blade.

Loadout:
LB 10X Autocannon
Ammo (AC) 10
Medium Pulse Laser x 3
Jump Jets x 2
Hatchet

Modules: CASE, C3 Slave Computer,

Upgrades: Ferro-Fibrous Armor

General Armor Values:

Lady Quixote

Current force:
Command/Heavy Hitter Lance
Glyph - Alroy/King Crab
Wargtass - Walter/Highlander
MVO33 - Graff/Marauder
Lithium - Lily/Axman

Recon Lance
TheHangedMan - Ivan/Valkyrie
Branwin - Yamina/Locust
orderNchaos - Ranna/Hatchetman
blank

So we need one more light/medium to make up the recon lance and we're good to go.

Matt

Latooni Subota

I could do that! I could be a light pilot! I pilot lights all the time! *Flails*
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Lady Quixote

most likely wouldn't be a problem but it's Wargtass's game, I'm just keeping a running tally and hoping he doesn't mind.

feel free to post up a character/mech

Matt

Blobbe

Hoping to get my chracter finished in a bit. Just dealign with RL now >.>

Lady Quixote

I wouldn't think that would be a problem, Wargtass is in Sweden (assuming his profile is correct) so I wouldn't expect to see him back on till tomorrow.  Even after that I wouldn't see where it would be a big deal, RL can come up for anyone at any time.  Nothing to worry about.

Matt

Marie Reynolds

Okay so here is the concept that im looking at running. A member of the Eridani Light horses has been sent with a letter of recomendation from House Davion an ally of the House Steiner and would be their to help support the  Steiner's effort and also to just be their to keep House Davion informed of the situation. If anyone could make some suggestions or just outright tell me it would not be viable. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nightsky They link is the Brawler Mech I would like to pilot and i would be going with the NGS-4T this mech is a medium class and is also made to be a heavy recon unit. So look forward to your suggestions and comments. Thanks

Lady Quixote

The Nightsky isn't built for another 4 years yet...sorry

Matt

Blobbe

3049, houses Steiner (Lyran Commonwealth) and Davion (Federated Suns) are unified into a single political entity, the Federated Commonwealth. They have a single unified military (the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth, or AFFC) that is made up of members from both states. There wouldn't be any need to "trade" officers between the two groups as they'd be the one command. At that point, the Erandai Light Horse were employed by the AFFC; an officer could be 'detached' from them or be a former member who left the unit for some reason.

Also, the Nightsky isn't developed until 3053 (and the NGS-4T won't exist till the 3060s), so it's not going to be available in 3049.

Marie Reynolds

Alright cool, and yeah cant belief i missed the damn need more confused the dates from another mech i was looking at well back to looking at more brawler Mechs. I think I might go with an officer  from the eridani idea then maybe someone comming from a stint of teaching at the science academy

Branwen

You are really persevering, Marie!  Good on you for not getting discouraged.