LADY DEATH -Who Will Dare Enter?

Started by bubby, November 06, 2011, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaakmaal

The premise sounds interesting, yet I am still a bit confused. I would be more than happy to play a good character for this RP. I have an idea in mind.  ::) Would my goal as a good person be to directly stop Lady Death from destroying all life on earth, or would it (ironically enough) be to help Lucifer win the war against her (As I understand it, this would prevent her from returning to earth.).

I guess my question is, what is the main plot going to be and how can the forces of good combat it?

Zaakmaal

Name: Tristan Gilead

Orientation: Gay

Affiliation: Humanity

Physical Description: He has the presence of a descended angel. In heaven his angel was a messenger, not an Angel of war. Infernal and heavenly beings can see his ethereal form around his physical body as a cool radiant glow.

Physical Description:

Earth Job: Tristan works as a bicycle courier carrying packages throughout the city. Even when he is zipping through traffic, he has a calmness about him that is almost eerie. People often don’t know what to think of him. Like everyone in his profession, he has had some awful spills, but he has never been hurt badly. He has walked away from or avoided crashes that he shouldn't have been able to, all without  seeming phased in the least.

Powers/Innate:

Tristain heals from wounds faster than most humans. It isn’t instant healing, but minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises heal in about twenty minutes. Serious lacerations could take several hours or even a day. Broken bones might heal in a couple days if set properly. Although his wounds mend quickly, he could easily die from blood loss far before they had a chance to heal. This ability causes Tristan to age slightly slower than most humans. He appears to age only one year for every five a normal human would age.

He has a presence about him that mortals and demons pick up on, but just can't place. At a glance it seems like resolute calm, but that belies a greater inner strength. Mortals in his proximity begin to feel at peace and begin to trust him. Demons in his proximity quickly begin to find his presence nauseating.

Tristan can usually see through the guise of demons and angels. He may not know the  non-human's identity immediately, but he will know that the person is not what they appear to be. The longer he looks at the disguise, the more he can determine about the thing underneath the mask. The stronger the angel/demon, the longer it takes to see through their disguise.

Special Abilities
:

For short periods of time (5-10 minutes) Tristan can shape the divine energy surrounding him to take the form of an angel. Although the manifestation around him will be visible to divine and demonic beings, humans will just see him floating in midair. The divine energy around him protects his body from physical harm and allows him to fly. A divine sword also appears at his avatar's side to aid him in battle. The more power he expends, the shorter the overall duration of this form.

Exiting this form leaves him exhausted. The more he uses it, the more disconnected he feels from humanity. He is afraid that someday it will consume him and he will be lost.

Weapons:
Tristan uses the tools that already exist on earth to help him fight when needed. Although most of his angelic memories were lost, he remembered mixtures of herbs and rituals that could be used to bind demons. Given enough preparation he can bind most minor demons.

He has also made a point of putting a little charm over his cycling gloves. Demons touched by them are repulsed and feel a wave of burning agony.

History:

Tristan was at death's door when the angel first met him. He was strong and young. A demon had savagely and mercilessly torn him to shreds. Too many had died, yet the angel could do nothing for them. The angel was not of the angelic army. It had no shining armor or gleaming spear. It couldn't have the will to protect humankind while bound to it's duties. The young man, however, had the will and the inner strength to wield it.

Sensing the young man's purpose, the angel sacrificed himself to save the man. The angel's power healed him and granted him the means to fight the demons who had done him harm and would harm others. It instilled in him the mantra, “Humankind must survive.”.

With the angel's memories all but gone, Tristan lives on. He isn't an angel, but is feels less and less connected with the human world. He has trouble recalling memories, faces,and names from before his transformation and his memories continue to slowly fade. He is older than he appears, almost 50. He fears that someday his own identity will be consumed and only his mission will remain.

Edit: My image wasn't showing up propperly

Aiden

Name: Uther "Lucifer" Nastan
Orientation: Hetrosexual
Affiliation: Lucifer
Physical Description: --->
Physical Description: <----
Earth Job: Current Mayor of Las Vegas with eyes set on Senator in upcoming elections.

Powers/Innate:
Hell's Chains- Black serrated chains can be summoned willingly out of the earth to bind, capture, torment or torture victims foolish enough to find themselves caught.
Fire Immunity
Special Abilities:
The Seven Deadly Sins
Lust ?
Gluttony ?
Greed ?
Sloth ?
Wrath ?
Envy ?
Pride ?
Weapons:
The Lightbringer- Ironic name for a weapon wielded by the former Angel the blade was named after. This form of the weapon had not been seen since Lucifer was an Angel millenia ago. The shattered weapon scattered over the world but after losing hell to Lady Death, the blade appears before him almost as if mocking his defeat. But Lucifer is no more a Seraph, no longer the most beautiful among God's armies and with the former holy weapon he plans on twisting it to suit his own needs...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Final Form, must obtain the 7 "sin" runes to forge- Might never happen in game.

History:
Once known as God's most beloved Angel, he was cast down into the Hells. His past is shrouded in myth, mystery and legend but he is the true King of the Hell. He is the darkness in every soul and will always exist.

Having recently lost his throne to Lady Death, he now dwells in the mortal realm were he plans on plots on not only reclaiming his throne but her as well.

bubby

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 07, 2011, 05:04:18 PM
I dont suppose someone can give me the gist of Lady Death?

I mean the themes sound interesting...

Not sure exactly what you're asking Thorn. If you want to know about Lady Death herself, (the character I will be playing), read 'classic Lady Death' in the wiki page here.

If you're wondering about the RP itself, it's essentially evil vs. evil, with a bit of 'good' tossed in. Lady Death has beaten and exiled Lucifer, and now rules Hell. Lucifer is a massive player now on Earth, (unknown to humanity of course) and wants Hell back. Lady Death wants to eliminate humanity. Inbetween all that is (hopefully) some good guys wishing to of course save humanity.

You're welcome to make a char if you'd like!

Quote from: Zaakmaal on November 07, 2011, 09:23:28 PM
The premise sounds interesting, yet I am still a bit confused. I would be more than happy to play a good character for this RP. I have an idea in mind.  ::) Would my goal as a good person be to directly stop Lady Death from destroying all life on earth, or would it (ironically enough) be to help Lucifer win the war against her (As I understand it, this would prevent her from returning to earth.).

I guess my question is, what is the main plot going to be and how can the forces of good combat it?

The MAIN plot will be what goes on between Lady Death and her minions, and Lucifer and his. However, I believe some forces of good should be in the story to round out the plot. As to how they will combat it? That depends. It's up to you really. Will you want to take on Lucifer or Lady Death? As an Angel, the dynamic between your char and LD would be interesting, as she not only has angelic ancestry, but she finds all angels...annoying. Long story really. ANYWAY, as an avatar for good, your char could battle this evil however you wished. I would just remember that more then likely you will NEVER WIN. You won't die, and I'd be sure to put in the rules that you'd even be allowed to win some battles occasionally, but in the end, good will NOT prevail in this story.

Does that help, and are you still willing to be in?

LunarSage

Name: The Saint of Killers ("Saint" for short)

Orientation: Straight

Affiliation: Lip Service to Lady Death, Technically serves Heaven as the Angel of Death

Physical Description: The Saint of Killers appears as a grizzled, slightly gaunt old west gunslinger with long, stringy hair and pale skin.  He wears an old brown duster and and old west hat.  Legend says that his soul is so cold that it can cause Hell to freeze over and this is evident in his fathomless eyes, devoid of any mercy or compassion.

Physical Description: The Saint of Killers looks the same no matter where he goes.

Earth Job: None.  His only job is to harvest mortal souls who were killed violently.

Powers/Innate: Enhanced Strength, Endurance and Reflexes.  True Immortality.

Special Abilities: The Saint of Killers can be injured by sufficient supernatural power, but he heals remarkably fast.  He is also able to traverse the realms, traveling to Earth, Heaven or Hell.  He has yet to even bother going to Heaven.

Weapons: Melting the Angel of Death's sword in Hell's last burning fire, the Devil forged two Walker Colt revolvers that can harm and potentially kill anything, rarely miss their target, never leave his possession, and never run out of bullets.

History: The Saint of Killers is the Patron Saint of Murderers and Assassination. He was originally a soldier serving in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War; both respected and feared for being absolutely merciless on the battlefield, his bloodlust verging on that of a berserker frenzy. After the war, he makes his living in the American West by collecting Native scalps and bounty hunting, until rescuing a young woman. She manages to break through to his gentler side, and the two fall in love and have a daughter. When his wife and child fall ill, he attempts to fetch medicine for them, but is delayed by a gang of outlaws, which results in his family's death. He subsequently slaughters much of the gang, kills an innocent hostage, but runs out of bullets before killing the leader, which leads to his death after being impaled in the chest with a shovel.

Death takes him, and, because of the innocent life he took, he is consigned to perdition. His own hatred causes Hell to literally freeze over (much to the Devil's wrath), which causes the Angel of Death to offer him to return to Earth under the condition that he takes up his role of collecting the souls of those who die by violence. Melting the Angel of Death's sword in Hell's last burning fire, the Devil forged two Walker Colt revolvers that can harm and potentially kill anything, rarely miss their target, never leave his possession, and never run out of bullets. The now resigned Angel of Death dubs the man "The Saint of Killers". The Saint returns to Earth after killing the former Angel of Death for insulting him. He kills the rest of the bandits and purges the town of Ratwater simply because of his nature, and rests at a tomb on Boot Hill while his spirit gathers souls that die by violence.  Now he wanders the Earth, a wildcard in the game of Lucifer and Lady Death... doing his job and ruthlessly gunning down anyone who gets in his way.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

Let me know if that works, bubby.  :-)

Zaakmaal

It's like Vegas. The forces of evil prevail, but the forces of good had a lot of fun trying.  ;D

I'm up for it.

Aiden

I'm starting this game in a weakened state, Uther Aka Lucifer, only remaining power is the chains which he will use to escape as needed if he is pulled into a fight. For the start, no one knows he is Lucifer on earth and want to keep anyone for knowing the truth for a good portion of the game.

I am actually hoping people think he is the Anti-Christ, the charismatic leader arriving to save the world in its time of need.  >:)

Amazon  - I know we discussed in PM the story with Purgatori, so maybe she backs Uther, hoping he will lead her to daddy, only for her to realize later that it is him all along.

bubby

Quote from: LunarSage on November 08, 2011, 07:37:33 AM
Let me know if that works, bubby.  :-)

Of course that works Lunar!

Quote from: Zaakmaal on November 08, 2011, 07:44:46 AM
It's like Vegas. The forces of evil prevail, but the forces of good had a lot of fun trying.  ;D

I'm up for it.

Sweet! Welcome to the game!

I think we have enough players to start pretty soon. I'd like to see a few more char sheets first, to make sure we can round out the 'intrigue' well enough.

Swashbuckler

Name: Nergal the Imp
Orientation: Heterosexual
Affiliation: Lady Death
Physical Description: (True Self) 

Physical Description: (Earth persona if applicable)

Earth Job: None, since he does not really spend much time there except on an errand
Powers/Innate: Fire immunity, invisibility at will, flight (wings), slightly inhanced strength, can make small balls of fire to throw
Special Abilities: can travel to Earth and back (in Earth form or True Form)
Weapons: (If any) Poisonous stinger on tail (knock out poison)
History: Nergal is the consummate survivor.   Neither large nor powerful in terms of physical presence, Nergal is definitely one of the more clever and devious or demons, even among Imps that are known for such traits.   One piece of evidence to this is that he had served Lucifer before his ousting, and now Lady Death after.   Well versed in both the workings and politics of Hell, the information Nergal possesses and his ability to garner what he does not makes him a valuable resource, as does his apparent loyalty to whoever is in charge.

In truth, Nergal does not really care who runs the show, as long as the business of Evil is getting done.  Currently he is sering Lady Death to the seeming utmost of his abilities, but secretly he thinks Hell can do better.   For certain he thinks her plan to eradicate all life on Earth is folly and madness, and will do anything he can to deter or steer her away from it.  Who wants to rule over a lifeless wasteland?  If worse comes to worst, he could always work to see her replaced, but the risk/reward ratio there is currently rather imbalanced.

bubby

Swashbuckler

Le Immortelle

Name: Purgatori/Sakkara
Orientation: Lesbian
Affiliation: Neutral
Physical Description: Purgatori is a crimson-skinned vampire goddess. Stands at well over 6'2", towering over most humans and is considerably muscular with a physique which would put even the fittest of the humans to shame.
Physical Description: Sakkara is a woman of medium height, with black hair and brown skin, typically seen wearing leather.
Earth Job: CEO of Isis International
Powers/Innate: Super Strength, Speed, Agility, Healing, Immortality, Flight
Special Abilities: Blood Alchemy and expertise in almost all forms of magic.
Weapons: Cremator's Sword
History: This. As for how she landed on Earth, it could be simply after Lady Death took over hell and as a result of which she was banished, her own little empire destroyed and her dream of goddesshood denied to her once again. In the company of the humans which she despises so much once again, she is now head of Isis International, specializing in discovery of ancient artifacts of power in order to become stronger. She's backing Uther, believing him to be the Anti-Christ and perceiving him as someone who shall be able to bring the humanity down once and for all, opening up gates for her ascension to goddesshood which she has always deserved but has been denied.

Le Immortelle

Quote from: Aiden on November 08, 2011, 11:56:27 AMAmazon  - I know we discussed in PM the story with Purgatori, so maybe she backs Uther, hoping he will lead her to daddy, only for her to realize later that it is him all along.

Heh, that would be interesting, the revelation should come to her at some point when she's able to notice some clue in the middle of his campagin, which prompts her to reach even more closer to him to drink his blood. :D

Zaakmaal

Amazon, I think I found my good guy's place as a thorn in your company's foot. Would you mind if my character made your character's life more complicated?

Only for the greater good of course.  O:)

Thorn14

I might make a pro humanity good person, if you still have room.

Le Immortelle

Complications, are always welcome Zaakmaal! :D

A business rival? An artifact hunter like Indiana Jones? Some alchemist..I dunno possibilities are endless..looking forward to your character!

bubby

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 08, 2011, 01:00:07 PM
I might make a pro humanity good person, if you still have room.

You're welcome to join Thorn! I made a char template which is a bit further down the page.

LunarSage

Aiden, since our characters have history together perhaps we should chat some.  Would Uther have interest in trying to manipulate the Saint for his own ends?

Thorn14

Does anyone know a good source of western style art I can find for pictures maybe?

I admit I'm better at finding anime, but since thats not allowed here I'm having difficulty.

I'm thinking of a demon hunter, one while, not a super badass, will at least know what she's doing.

bubby

Name:Lady Death

Orientation: Heterosexual

Affiliation: Self, Hell

Physical Description: Standing at 6', she is a statuesque beauty of alabaster flesh, a snowy mane that falls to her calves, muscled curves bound in leather. Her eyes shine like the moon, but her lips are the red of blood.

Physical Description: (Earth persona if applicable) ((Was once known as Hope in Medieval times. No longer applies, though Lucifer, knowing her history, could use her true name and history as a means of torment.))

Powers/Innate:Shadow manipulation, (control and travel,) levitation

Special Abilities:Angelic essence (formed as a white glow)

Weapons: Sword: Apocalypse(Infused with Chaos, capable of rending space, and channels LD's own energies to magnify) Steed: Vassago

History: History is here, under the Classic Lady Death section.

bubby

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 08, 2011, 02:37:56 PM
Does anyone know a good source of western style art I can find for pictures maybe?

I admit I'm better at finding anime, but since thats not allowed here I'm having difficulty.

I'm thinking of a demon hunter, one while, not a super badass, will at least know what she's doing.

Deviantart is always a good spot to look

Thorn14

Hrm.

I may just have to use a real life image and just make a good description.  -_-

Aiden

Quote from: LunarSage on November 08, 2011, 02:14:03 PM
Aiden, since our characters have history together perhaps we should chat some.  Would Uther have interest in trying to manipulate the Saint for his own ends?

He is willing to manipulate everyone to get what he wants. But, the most important thing I am looking at in this game is not to be known as Lucifer for a long time. Perhaps the sword will peak Saint's interest, but I can't have people knowing I am Lucifer. In his current state he is his weakest.

bubby

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 08, 2011, 03:49:13 PM
Hrm.

I may just have to use a real life image and just make a good description.  -_-

That's perfectly fine hun!

Ok, once again I'm off to work. Tomorrow I believe I'll make an OOC thread, which will include game guidelines, and so we can all start conferring on basic ideas, as well as a char thread to put all the nifty characters. I see this game starting by Saturday!