Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweets

Quote from: Emjay on May 02, 2016, 07:40:17 PM
Yay! I'll get right on it then. I'll probably have something in this weekend but I'll be PMing you so we can collaborate, that way I'll make sure that the character sheet fits in with what you had in mind.

Great! I look forward to chatting with you.

ElvenKitten

Emjay

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 02, 2016, 07:44:17 PM
Yay! Someone else that's heard of Magnificent Century!

I actually haven't watched it yet. I've been meaning to.

Quote from: ElvenKitten on May 02, 2016, 08:00:52 PM
Has anyone called dibs on Adelaide Kane?

I don't think anyone has. There is a list in the World Building thread of face claims. You should also check the approved character sheet thread.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 02, 2016, 07:49:32 PM
Oooh, another blog I can make good use of.

I found it the other day. I had completely forgot about Eva Green being in Camelot. Thank God for Google.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Emjay on May 02, 2016, 08:22:03 PM
I don't think anyone has. There is a list in the World Building thread of face claims. You should also check the approved character sheet thread.

Ack! It's not very updated. I can compile a list together, but honestly it's not a name that anyone has mentioned yet.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Emjay on May 02, 2016, 08:22:03 PM
I found it the other day. I had completely forgot about Eva Green being in Camelot. Thank God for Google.

There's one that I absolutely love for games like this.  Not necessarily face claims, but I love it for costumes and clothes for characters, in addition to pictures that just set the mood...

http://agameofclothes.tumblr.com/
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 02, 2016, 08:45:33 PM
There's one that I absolutely love for games like this.  Not necessarily face claims, but I love it for costumes and clothes for characters, in addition to pictures that just set the mood...

http://agameofclothes.tumblr.com/

Haha a game of clothes! Clever name *clicks link* Oh my God! I'm bookmarking this O.O

Oh and another fantasy clothing tip; Eli Saab and Paulo Sebastian, two designers that make beautiful gowns that really fit the fantasy aesthetic. If you ever need some fancy looking shit, those two won't let you down.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Emjay on May 02, 2016, 08:52:41 PM
Haha a game of clothes! Clever name *clicks link* Oh my God! I'm bookmarking this O.O

Oh and another fantasy clothing tip; Eli Saab and Paulo Sebastian, two designers that make beautiful gowns that really fit the fantasy aesthetic. If you ever need some fancy looking shit, those two won't let you down.

She does an amazing job with her blog and all of the amazing pictures.  She has looks for most of the houses if you click under the Tags section.

And I'm definitely making a note to check out those two.  I think I've seen some of their work before, but could always use and excuse to go clothes hunting for my characters, haha...
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 02, 2016, 08:57:49 PM
She does an amazing job with her blog and all of the amazing pictures.  She has looks for most of the houses if you click under the Tags section.

And I'm definitely making a note to check out those two.  I think I've seen some of their work before, but could always use and excuse to go clothes hunting for my characters, haha...

Yeah this is outstanding. I  can't believe she's organized it by House and regions. I see she also had a few dressed by Zuhair Murad. He also has a similar look to Eli Saab and Paolo Sebastian.

Totally off topic but does anyone know if Tom Hopper or Ed Skrein are taken?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Emjay on May 02, 2016, 09:25:52 PM
Yeah this is outstanding. I  can't believe she's organized it by House and regions. I see she also had a few dressed by Zuhair Murad. He also has a similar look to Eli Saab and Paolo Sebastian.

Totally off topic but does anyone know if Tom Hopper or Ed Skrein are taken?

Internal muse reaction:

So much yum.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 02, 2016, 09:33:17 PM
Internal muse reaction:

So much yum.

xD Now comes to tough decision to choose which one

I think I'm going to go with Tom Hopper since he has so many pictures from Black Sails. I'm also going to be claiming Rihanna for my Master of Law.

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 02, 2016, 09:29:02 PM
I don't think either are taken.

Thanks! ^^
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

BruceTheCat

Jares Martell
"The Black Viper, Prince of Dorne"

Full Name: Jares martell

House: Martell

City: Sunspear

History:

The Dornish people, more so than any other Great House, live in a isolated place far from the will of the Iron Throne. Separated my a large mountain range which makes traversal on land to the capital of Dorne difficult. Though they are still beholden to the Targaryen House as vassal Lords, the Martell intentionally raise their children and grandchildren with the knowledge and skills to be 'Kings' of their own nation. Orias Martell, father of Jares Martell, trained him from an early age with the strict discipline required of one with his house name. He was taught how to fight, how to command, how to navigate the waters of the most difficult political situations. All with the knowledge and intent that her would one day become an even greater ruler than those who had come before him. It was during this time in his childhood that, in quiet moments, Jares yearned for the powers of the Iron Throne. Believing himself worthy of such grandeur.

As with all children of the Martell family, he was trained extensively in combat. Initially he favored speed and range capabilities of a spear, as do most Martell male-heirs. Achieving the skill of a masterful warrior at an early age after his father hired tutors overseas to assist him. However as the years went on Jares also developed a great aptitude in the use of throwing daggers. His primary interest in this weapon stemmed from training with his older sister Sarella. His proficiency in their use came as a desire to impress her as his teacher, and while he is quite skilled, he is not so skilled as she is in their use.

Nobody would accidentally mistake Jares for being a 'kind man'. He is charming, but his charm is wrapped in a veil of egotism and entitlement. The man is ambitious to a fault. When his father took ill with the Mad Fever, Jares was quick to declare himself the Regent of Dorne, given that he was the male heir and next in line for the Throne of Sunspear. Removing any advisers who thought him too radical, while promoting those who were loyal to vision of the future. Which, inevitably, was to sit upon the Iron Throne. After the announcement the King will make, Jares see's the perfect opportunity to achieve his goal. He does NOT want to be independent like many Lords. Jares wants to sit upon the Iron Throne.

Shortly before being called to Kings Landing, Jares spent time in Sunspear with the visiting Head of the Greyoy House, Ava Greyjoy. For the summer period when she stayed with Jares and his family, the pair become close friends. Relishing in all the joys and pleasures that have been associated with the home of Sunspear. Their summer romance however was cut short when the sea beauty had to return to Pyke after receiving news of her ailing husband. Jares has not seen her since.

Family Connections:

Orias Martell - Father, Prince of Dorne
Sarella Martell - Older Sister
Leandra Arryn - First cousin
Lysa Arryn - Leandra's younger sister
Nadira Arryn neé Martell - Leandra's mother
Robin Arryn - Leandra's father

Appearance:

Physically Jares is at the peak of his life. Tall, handsome, and athletically built. He normally wears the traditional attire of a Dornish male member of the royal family. A orange or red tunic with their house crest located just above his heart.

The most distinguishing feature about him is that, when disrobed, Jares has several black beings surrounding various parts of his limbs. They appear as small spider webs branching out along his flesh. Some as small as a penny, others as large as a silver coin. These are areas of his body where Jares regularly dosed himself with some of the most common and deadlier poisons of the realm. Intending to build up a tolerance should anyone attempt to try and assassinate him.

Personality:

As stated in the history, Jares is a charming man wrapped up in a veil of egotism and selfish ambitions. He treats the "low folk" like his lesser (which they are). Those with power fall in to one of two different categories. Some he considers as friends, 'friends' meaning they can mutually benefit each other in their respective quests for power. The other category are roadblocks. Jares has no patience for roadblocks, and either ends up ignoring or killing them.

Surprisingly the man is affectionate to really only his sisters, whom he loves quite dearly. It is strange that this affection never transferred to his father. Likely because Jares always thought that his father fell in to that 'second category'. Someone who stands between him and becoming the Prince of Dorne. Ambition has bread paranoia in the man, which will become more powerful in his psyche after the King's announcement.

Aspirations and Goals:

- Become the official Prince of Dorne
- Become the King of Westeros
- Immortalize his name in the annals of history
- Remove anyone who would openly oppose his rule
- Have a true born heir

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quriks:

Strengths:

- Masterful fighter with Spear, extremely skilled with throwing daggers
- Military and politically minded
- Immune to most poisons
- Charming

Weaknesses:

- "Higher than thou" attitude
- Paranoid
- Too ambitious
- Lustful

Character Death: Yes, with consent of course

Sexuality: Hetero

Player's O&Os Same as player

Other Pictures

[/spoiler]
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

RedEve

It seems like the focus for new players should be on bannermen belonging to the major houses, since most of the major houses themselves have been snapped up.

Is any canon bannerman alright? In how far should be incorporate their likely fate in the aftermath of the War and the subsequent years?

e.g. It's likely that the Boltons and the Karstarks would be greatly diminished in power, if they have survived at all, no?

*edit* Is it possible that a lot of pending characters aren't yet in the character thread? I see several people mentioning secondary and tertiary characters, even though those haven't yet shown up there.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Caela

Quote from: RedEve on May 03, 2016, 06:29:38 AM
It seems like the focus for new players should be on bannermen belonging to the major houses, since most of the major houses themselves have been snapped up.

Is any canon bannerman alright? In how far should be incorporate their likely fate in the aftermath of the War and the subsequent years?

e.g. It's likely that the Boltons and the Karstarks would be greatly diminished in power, if they have survived at all, no?

*edit* Is it possible that a lot of pending characters aren't yet in the character thread? I see several people mentioning secondary and tertiary characters, even though those haven't yet shown up there.

A fair number of people are indeed still working on characters that haven't been finished or haven't been approved yet.

RedEve

I see. Thanks for the information.

Is there some way of knowing which characters are in the works?

Just so there isn't too much overlap with new concepts.

summoner2183

I believe some if the characters that are either pending or WIP can be found in the Ooc section of the game.

Caela

Quote from: RedEve on May 03, 2016, 07:28:04 AM
I see. Thanks for the information.

Is there some way of knowing which characters are in the works?

Just so there isn't too much overlap with new concepts.

I don't think there's a full list anywhere. There's been a lot of open plotting in the recruitment thread but there's been a fair amount of side plotting for tertiary characters in pm's as well. Your best bet is to post your concept here and just ask if it's too similar to anything someone else is already working on. Or you could ask if any of the current major Houses could use Bannermen for their plottings. I'm sure a number of the Heads of Houses could use confidants or something similar.

summoner2183

Here is the Character Thread where the current approved characters are.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248436.0

And below is the OOC and Chatter thread where you can find a bit of the characters that are yet to be approved or WIP

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248435.0

Hope it helps.

RedEve

Thanks for the info.

I am leaning towards playing either a Stark or Tyrell bannerman.

I guess the first thing would be to know if anyone having claimed characters belonging to those houses would object to such a character.
For whatever reason, either me playing such a character or the mere concept of such a character itself.
Don't be afraid to speak up now, it's better to do so now than for it to become a problem later on.

Secondly, what is the current status of the Karstarks?

Aiden

No one has Claimed them as far as I have seen. I am going to be working on the boltons myself today. Canon wise the kartstarks might  still be pissed about th 5 king war?

My Bolton heir has been scrapping by with his people despite being in summer. They don't give a shit about the Starks nor targ rule.

Caela

Quote from: RedEve on May 03, 2016, 07:57:03 AM
Thanks for the info.

I am leaning towards playing either a Stark or Tyrell bannerman.

I guess the first thing would be to know if anyone having claimed characters belonging to those houses would object to such a character.
Don't be afraid to speak up now, it's better to do so now than for it to become a problem later on.

Secondly, what is the current status of the Karstarks?

Urban and I have the current generation of Starks with him having the Head of House. I wouldn't have a problem with a Stark bannerman but I'd hit up Urban for specific plotting if you're thinking of a male character to see what might be needed or work well between the men. If you're thinking of making a wife/daughter character I'd be happy to work out plottings between the women with you. :D

Biblio has the Head of House Tyrell so she's who you'd want to pm for specifics there.

Most folks have been pretty open to side plotting with minor Houses so I doubt you'll have a problem either way.

Not sure that anyone has decided to do anything with the Karstarks. If they have I don't think it's been here or the in the OOC, possibly something being worked out in pm plottage but not sure.

RedEve

Quote from: Aiden on May 03, 2016, 08:01:42 AM
No one has Claimed them as far as I have seen. I am going to be working on the boltons myself today. Canon wise the kartstarks might  still be pissed about th 5 king war?

My Bolton heir has been scrapping by with his people despite being in summer. They don't give a shit about the Starks nor targ rule.

I guess there would be some sort of price for them to pay in the aftermath? With the Starks restored to Winterfell, they would be amongst those Houses who would be made to pay the most, along with the Boltons. Conversely, House Manderly would likely be raised in stature due to their loyalty having never wavered.

Aiden

That is what I went with after urban coined his character the vengeful wolf.

RedEve

I just realized that depending on how the Lysa Karstark situation will pan out, it might not even House Karstark that rules the Karhold at this point in time.
The Karhold and former Karstark properties might now all belong to House Thenn.

The outlines of a character: The current Lord Thenn has only fathered a female child (my character).
Thus prior to the change in law, the Lordship of the House would have gone to his nephew and my characters cousin.
The change will probably match a long-held ambition of my character, which is now further emboldened, in spite of the fact that it goes against Northern tradition.