Game of Thrones appreciation - Please /spoil carefully!

Started by Ramael, April 18, 2011, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinfulAngel

I absolutely love this show!! Here in the US the entire first season has aired and I adored the show!!! I had no idea the show was a book until just a few weeks ago, I fully plan to buy and read the series as soon as the funds are available.

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17
      Active stories ~ 5  Post time frame 1-5 days

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Capone

Saw this on my Facebook feed.

Man, I am so giddy. So, so giddy.

Martee

It's really a great series.  The time went by a lot faster than I thought it would. 2012 seemed so very far away when the season finale aired last year.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Iniquitous

OMG I am dying for the next season to start. I've got all the books, have read them so many times the books are ragged and absolutely LOVED the first season. April 1st cannot come fast enough for me. Will have HBO added onto my account once more, the dvr set up and Sunday nights will be Game of Thrones nights.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Martee

We had every intention of doing that- cancelling HBO after the first season ended, since we really don't watch much TV and most of that is broadcast network. After seeing how well done the first series was, however, I kept the subscription (and, yes, my husband thought I was being an idiot, but we still kept the sub ;) ) It's not much, I know, but I wrote to them and let them know we kept it because they did such a fantastic job with the show. I figure money talks, and lord knows I don't hold back when I have something to complain about.

* Martee is counting the days

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Lilias

Husband started on the first book after I finished it; now he's almost done with the series so far, and I am still to read Clash of Kings, let alone the rest *grumble* Definitely one for Easter break... proper preparation and all that.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Ink Slinger

I just have this fear that I'm going to be all hyped and excited for the April first premier and they're going to roll through the opening credits (which are a masterpiece in and of themselves) and then the screen will go black.  Giant white letter will appear and the screen will read "Haha April Fools!!  Tune in next week for the season premier of Game of Thrones." 

>.<

Man am I cynical and paranoid or what?
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Caeli

Quote from: Ink Slinger on February 01, 2012, 07:04:12 AM
I just have this fear that I'm going to be all hyped and excited for the April first premier and they're going to roll through the opening credits (which are a masterpiece in and of themselves) and then the screen will go black.  Giant white letter will appear and the screen will read "Haha April Fools!!  Tune in next week for the season premier of Game of Thrones." 

>.<

Man am I cynical and paranoid or what?

If you are, you're not the only one:

One of the comments I remember reading on Tumblr is that a fan was afraid she would tune in on April 1 to watch the sequel, and George R.R. Martin would come on the screen after opening credits and say "APRIL FOOL's! Sorry, you're going to have to wait five more years for the sequel!"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Divine Drivel

Quote from: Caeli on February 01, 2012, 04:53:30 PM
If you are, you're not the only one:

One of the comments I remember reading on Tumblr is that a fan was afraid she would tune in on April 1 to watch the sequel, and George R.R. Martin would come on the screen after opening credits and say "APRIL FOOL's! Sorry, you're going to have to wait five more years for the sequel!"

I will call GRRM and tell him, "You wound me!".
- - - I have random episodes of majestic surliness so I combat this phenomenon by mentally fast forwarding to Fridays - - -

Zipporah

I'm slowly making my way through A Dance with Dragons, I keep having to put it down and then I almost don't want to pick it back up again because I know I won't be able to read for very long. 

Caeli

Quote from: Zipporah on February 23, 2012, 09:30:16 PM
I'm slowly making my way through A Dance with Dragons, I keep having to put it down and then I almost don't want to pick it back up again because I know I won't be able to read for very long. 

I've been doing the same thing, unfortunately. Right now I've been perpetually stuck at around 29%, and haven't been able to read much farther for the past month.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Zipporah

Quote from: Caeli on February 24, 2012, 12:43:41 AM
I've been doing the same thing, unfortunately. Right now I've been perpetually stuck at around 29%, and haven't been able to read much farther for the past month.
I'm stuck at 15%, right now.  I had a bunch of time to read on a long plane flight, but on the flight back I was passed out across the back of the person next to me (I figured he was sleeping across my tray table, I had a right), so I didn't get any more read.  Then classes started.  Maybe this weekend I'll steal a few hours to read. 

Annashi

Silly question, am I the only one that skips most of the books and only reads about a few of the characters? ^^

Zipporah

Quote from: Annashi on February 24, 2012, 12:57:01 PM
Silly question, am I the only one that skips most of the books and only reads about a few of the characters? ^^
I've been tempted to, from time to time, because I'm really not fond of some characters (for example the Greyjoys), but the plot is intricate enough that everything is tied together eventually so I slog through even the characters I'm not into. 

Lilias

Quote from: Annashi on February 24, 2012, 12:57:01 PM

I read cover-to-cover, compulsively. In the particular case, though, I'm tempted to skip the covers bit: I have hard copies (and what beautiful books they are), but I think I'm going to do the actual reading on the Kindle, to avoid weighing myself down and/or spraining a wrist with the bricks.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Zipporah

Quote from: Lilias on February 24, 2012, 01:21:32 PM
I read cover-to-cover, compulsively. In the particular case, though, I'm tempted to skip the covers bit: I have hard copies (and what beautiful books they are), but I think I'm going to do the actual reading on the Kindle, to avoid weighing myself down and/or spraining a wrist with the bricks.
I've got both dead tree and Kindle versions of those books, too.  I love my Kindle, it saves me at least half a suitcase worth of space that used to be devoted to books when I travel. 

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. I've avoided this show till it popped up on iTunes.. I got the first five eps today.. I'm on the 3rd now.. I have to say it's a toss up between the dwarf and the girl's sword master for favorite character. :D

Ink Slinger

Our Blurays arrived Tuesday and we had people over yesterday for a Westeros Feast and watching party.  Pictures of the food Here.  It was absolutely wonderful and I got a lot of the recipes from The Inn at the Crossroads

One of the guys in attendance offered to pay me 70 grand a year to be his personal chef...once he makes his millions of course.  I'm not holding my breath. ;)
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time