The Curse of Millersborough (Questions and OOC chat)

Started by Remiel, January 02, 2018, 10:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

Quote from: Trieste on January 18, 2018, 02:53:55 AM
Yeah, I was typing my vote and being like "wow I hope this doesn't blow up in my face".

I'm like, I AM SO RUSTY.

I think we all are, Tri! It will take a couple of games to get back into the mindset :-) You're still alive tho, so I'd say: so far, so good! ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

It's true! My track record for surviving to the end is 2 for 2 right now in the last month. ;)

Mintprincess

Quote from: Blythe on January 17, 2018, 07:21:20 PM
I'm doing okay. :)

I also know I've been playing a bit intensely, so a quick apology if I cranked it up a bit too much for anyone's tastes. Still <3 all of y'all OOCly, obviously. ^^
I love your passion Blythe!

Remiel

Q:  When someone is killed or voted out, is their role revealed?

A:  Yes.

Remiel

Hey guys, I completely neglected to put it in the rules this time, but just as a reminder, for this and future Mafia games, you are not allowed to use Elliquiy's quote function, either in the game thread or a game-related PM.  You can paraphrase what someone had said in your own words, but you're not allowed to quote them directly.

For example, saying

"I know that Persephone is a vampire.  Last night she told me
Quote from: Persephone on January 19, 2018, 09:42:45 AM
I am a vampire.
"

is NOT okay, but saying

"I know that Persephone is a vampire.  Last night she told me she was a vampire."

IS okay. 

It's a fine distinction, but using the quote function (as well as the Who's Online tool, or any other technical tools of the forum) provides an unfair advantage.  Basically, treat the game as if all the players were sitting in the same room at the same time.

I apologize for not putting this in the rules this time around.

Remiel

To all Millersborough players:  the game is currently on pause while I try to figure out what to do about SithLord's suspension.  Please stand by.

Trieste

Quote from: Remiel on January 20, 2018, 09:42:48 AM
To all Millersborough players:  the game is currently on pause while I try to figure out what to do about SithLord's suspension.  Please stand by.

Bad luck!

Remiel

Okay, guys.  After thinking about things all day, I decided that the fairest thing to do for both sides is to drop Sith from the game, reveal his role, and move on with the day vote.   If anybody has an objection to this, please let me know!

Mintprincess

Thank you Remiel for taking the time with this.  Let's all still have fun everyone! <3

Mintprincess

Remiel

Well, because of SithLord's suspension and other...events, I think that a bit more time is necessary.  Let's go with 4:00pm, Monday, EST.

Which means that, at the time of this posting, you all have...*checks watch*  about 28 1/2 hours to get those votes in!

Trieste

This game has been harder than many of the ones I’ve played. I’m enjoying the challenge.

Mintprincess

Blythe

Super exciting game, I must say. And I agree, one of the harder ones I've ever played. Y'all are some wild & fun mafia players. <3

Blythe

GOOD LUCK TEAM CITIZEN <3

*cheers from the ghosty section of the OOC*

Mintprincess

Ok. Now that is over I have to share the most funny of moments. 

Rummy tum tum told me he was the constible.  (Sorry babe didn’t believe you).  So I asked him who he protected last night knowing full well that the constible protected me. (thanks Ket!)

I figured he had a good chance of guessing wrong.

But instead.

He ‘protected’ a dead body.  Nightowl.

And I have to know— did you fuck that up on purpose?? !!  Lol

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Thanks for playing, everybody!  I hope you all had fun, even though it got a bit intense there for a while.

Breakdown of roles:
Yugi006 -- Dracula
Madame Professor -- Zealot
Mintprincess -- Citizen
Imogen -- Citizen
Blythe -- Vampire Hunter
Rummy Tum Tum -- Mad Scientist
Lynnie -- Citizen
NightOwl35 -- Consort of Dracula
SithLordofSnark -- Citizen
Scott -- Citizen
Ket -- Constable
Trieste -- Minion

Day One
- The election for Mayor begins.  Madame Professor, the Zealot, and Ket, the Constable, are the favorites.  Ket wins by one vote and is elected Mayor.

Night One
- Blythe, the Vampire Hunter, examines Madame Professor, and sees that she is not a vampire (or at least wasn't at the start of the night).
- Yugi, Dracula, tries to turn Imogen, a Citizen.  Unfortunately for him, Ket, the Constable, chooses to protect Imogen for the night.  Thus, Yugi's ability is wasted.
- MP decides not to use her ability.

Day Two
- Rummy tries a little bit too hard to appear suspicious, and several players immediately suspect him of being the Mad Scientist.   Unfortunately, he is never quite able to shake this suspicion.
- Blythe enters Beast Mode, contacting half the players in the game.  He reveals his role to Madame Professor, Rummy, and Imogen.
- Blythe tries to force a multi-way tie, thus forcing Ket to choose the lynch victim for the day, but his plan is undone when Imogen begins to suspect him of being a vampire.  Alliances are formed; Blythe and MP form an alliance, and Mintprincess and Imogen agree to a non-aggression pact.  Imogen calls Blythe out as the Vampire Hunter in public, forcing Blythe to reveal his role to everyone.
- Yugi and NightOwl sit and watch from the shadows as the village turns on itself, nominating Imogen (a Citizen) and Lynnie (a Citizen) for execution.  Ket decides to execute Lynnie.

Night Two
- Seeing that Lynnie was innocent, Madame Professor, the Zealot, uses her ability to eliminate Imogen.
- The vampires decide to kill Scott, a Citizen.
- Ket, the Constable, protects Trieste.
- Blythe scries Imogen and discovers she is not a vampire.

Day Three
- Mintprincess suspects Yugi of being the Zealot.  Yugi plays along.
- NightOwl correctly deduces everybody's roles.   Shi makes cursory contact with Trieste, the Minion, but neglects to inform Trieste of the identity of the other vampire.
- There is speculation in multiple corners that Blythe did, indeed, start out as the Vampire Hunter but may have been turned.
- SithLordofSnark proves that he is a Citizen to Mintprincess by directly quoting the PM in which I give him his role assignment.    This breaks the game because now Mintprincess knows, through process of deduction, that NightOwl cannot be a Citizen and is thus lying to her.   In all honesty, I bear much of the blame for this, as I saw it coming and did nothing to stop it.  Ironically, however, the crisis is solved by Sith's suspension.  After conferring with NightOwl, Yugi, and Mint, it is mutually agreed that the best and fairest course of action is to drop Sith from the game and reveal his role.
- Mintprincess believes Yugi to be the Zealot until Madame Professor admits to the role in public and votes for NightOwl.  Mintprincess realizes that Yugi is lying.
- Perhaps even more damning, Yugi tries to defend NightOwl during the voting, thus drawing suspicion upon himself when NightOwl is revealed to be a vampire.
- NightOwl is lynched and revealed to be the Consort of Dracula. 

Night Three
- Blythe investigates Yugi and discovers that, yup, he's a vampire all right.  Unfortunately, he does not survive to tell anyone about this revelation, as Yugi eliminates Blythe.
- Ket protects Mintprincess.

Day Four
- The village unanimously lynches Yugi.  Villagers win.

Mintprincess

Also to be fair, Nightowl and I also entered into a Mint vs Night go all out and go crazy. Hense my ramp up of Passion and frustration!  Sorry if I went overboard. These games get me sometimes.   But you all were so super fun.   

Trieste gave me a heart attack when she switched her vote.  I was like. WTF?!?!?  Lol!!

Remiel

Also, I have to note this:

What was absolutely fascinating about this game was that, from an outsider's perspective, both Blythe's and Imogen's strategies were logically sound.   On Day Two, besides the fact that Ket had been elected mayor, you all had literally zero information, other than the knowledge that no one had died during the night.  Which could have meant that either someone had been protected (as was the case), or, much more likely, someone had been turned. 

Blythe's strategy--to force a tie, and thus force Ket to pick an unlucky victim--would have, at the very least, told you something about Ket.  Which may or may not have been especially useful, but it would have been something.   It also would have minimized the risk from accidentally voting out the Mad Scientist.

And Imogen's strategy--to lynch Ket, since, as Mayor, she would have been the most likely target to have been turned during the night--was equally valid.  Had I been in the game, I probably would have voted (incorrectly, as it turns out!) for Ket on Day Two as well, because I always play the odds.

To me, this is fascinating, because, as the difference of opinion between Imogen and Blythe--both intelligent, rational individuals and extremely strategic players--blossomed into disagreement, then suspicion, and finally outright paranoia, the vampires didn't have to do a damn thing to turn the village against itself.  Indeed, they sat quietly in the shadows as accusations were tossed back and forth.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 25, 2018, 02:54:51 PM
Ok. Now that is over I have to share the most funny of moments. 

Rummy tum tum told me he was the constible.  (Sorry babe didn’t believe you).  So I asked him who he protected last night knowing full well that the constible protected me. (thanks Ket!)

I figured he had a good chance of guessing wrong.

But instead.

He ‘protected’ a dead body.  Nightowl.

And I have to know— did you fuck that up on purpose?? !!  Lol

Yes. But, you meddling villagers just had to work together and find the vampires instead of calling me out on my bullshit and killing me >.>

Madame Professor

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 25, 2018, 03:51:52 PM
Yes. But, you meddling villagers just had to work together and find the vampires instead of calling me out on my bullshit and killing me >.>

Still apart of our happy little village, even if you are bat-shit crazy. <3
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Rummy Tum Tum

I just wanted little Rumford to go out and play ):

Mintprincess

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 25, 2018, 03:51:52 PM
. Hahaha so that was on purpose.  Just confirmed for me Ket was my go to!

Rummy Tum Tum

I said plenty of bullshit on purpose, like how Imogen thought you were the second suspicious person when in fact it was Mad. That didn't work out either. I might've made a good vampire, come to think of it.