Blood Oath: A Lost Girl AU Game (LGBTQA Friendly! Urban Fantasy! Accepting!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, July 11, 2014, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Blood Oath
A Lost Girl Alternate Universe

It is the year 2015 and in New York City, and the Light and the Dark are, as always, under a tenuous peace, the threat of war brewing always on the horizon. Barely-there whispers are circulating that tensions are mounting and there is a general fear and restlessness gripping both sides of the fae world. Unexpected alliances are being made, old ones broken. No one knows what it is, but one thing is for certain: something is coming. Will you be ready?

Game Information

Q: What forum section will the game take place in?
A: Extreme
Note: This is to allow for any and all plot possibilities. No player will ever be EXPECTED to partake in a scene/plot arc they are not comfortable with. All posts WILL be tagged for content and anything NonCon or Extreme will be spoilered.

Q: Who is the RP open to?
A: Any and All characters or players. We will not turn away anyone based on gender or sexuality or otherwise. All we ask is that you be respectful to other players and the GMs OOC.

Q: What is the general story/plot?
A: This is going to be a sandbox game set in the universe established in the Lost Girl TV series. This means that while there will be GM-introduced plots, the game will focus largely on the interaction between PCs. It will center around politics between the Light and the Dark fae, there will be mystery, backstabbing, coniving, love, death, betrayal... the sky is literally the limit.

Q: What is the genre/setting?
A: Urban Fantasy Set in New York City.

Q: What roles may player characters be?
A: Player characters can be almost anything their imaginations can dream up... from humans (both claimed and unclaimed), to creatures from myth and lore from all over the world. High ranking members of fae society (The Ash, The Morrigan, Elders, etc) are strictly off limits.

Q:What are the character creation guidelines?
A: If a player chooses to play a species established in the TV show, it is recommended that they reference the Lost Girl wiki (located here for information on that species. If the species does not appear in the series and no information is provided on the wiki, players are expected to type up a brief synopsis of the powers their character would have and provide links to any outside information so GMs can verify and provide insight as to how the species's power might work in the Lost Girl world. It is also stressed that unless the character concept provided is very good, chances are slim that we will accept an unclaimed human who has knowledge of the fae. We will also not accept any character concepts who have auto-death type abilities or who can exhibit extreme control over other characters (IE Vex-level Mesmers. We may be willing to accept toned down versions of these concepts though). Players may have up to 2 characters to start with.

Q: What about character connections?
A: Character connections are not only totally okay, they're encouraged! Ideally we would like to see players work out connections and relationships without the GMs having to hold their hand. 

Q: Will you be using a face claim list?
A: Yes. Players must post a face claim before they submit their sheet, and should reference the face claims thread to be sure they are not claiming one that is already listed. After one week if there hasn’t been any word on whether or not the sheet is still being worked on/submitted, the claim will be up for grabs again. Note: The sheet does not have to be DONE, but the GM(s) need(s) to know that it’s in the works.

Q: How NPC's will be handled?
A: Key NPCs (elders, the Waykeeeper, etc) will be under GM control and marked as such in any posts they are a part of. Most “background” and “filler” NPCs will be up for general use.

Q: Do we need any extra/outside information to play?
A: It is recommended that players watch at least a few episodes from the first season of Lost Girl to get a handle on how fae society works, however it is not required if the player is willing to do enough research on their own via wikis and googling. Aside from that, all you really need is an active imagination!

Q: What  is the pace of the game?
A: Game pacing will be fluid, however we would ask players to be able to post at least once per week, more if possible. Time will be set up in week-long intervals and scenes will be open to happen any time within that week long period, with special events such as holidays and the like possibly being run as the only available IC day for plot purposes

Q: How often do you want people to post?
A: Typically, we would like to see people posting at least once or twice a week, though obviously more posts are always welcome! Due to the fluid time pacing I’m not overly stressed out about people posting X number of times as long as they can meet the 1-2 post per week minimum.

We do ask is if you are getting in to a scene with a large number of characters please keep in mind everyone’s availability. If you can only post once every week but everyone else in the scene posts multiple times a day, work something out with them and make sure they know your availability.

Q:What type of sexual content do you expect/hope to see in the game?
A: Sexual content is open and any content allowed within E rules is permitted. However, it is stressed that players appropriately tag and spoiler any post with sexual content in their post. If a Non-Con scene is to happen, both parties must be in agreement to what is happening and all limits OOC must be respected. Any breaking of these rules will result in one warning before the player will be removed from the game. 

Q: Will there be a Co-GM?
A: Yes. Cerigo will be on board as Co-GM.

Q: How guided will the play be?
A: Largely sandbox, though GM(s) will regularly be putting plot arcs and events in to play for characters to react/interact with. Some of these arcs will be optional, some will be enforced game wide due to their severe nature.

Q: To what extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?  
A: As much as they deem necessary without metagaming.

Q: How active will the GM be?
A: Very. We are both online every day. If we aren't posting as the GMs, we should be lurking and/or posting IC. 

Q: Will there be an OOC thread? 
A: Yes! In fact, there will likely be two… one for general chatter and one for potting, GM questions, etc.

Q: How do I contact/approach GM with questions?
A: Until we have a dedicated IC-OOC thread, just posting here in this thread will do.

Q: How will IC decisions be resolved? 
A: We would prefer that for most minor arcs that only involve a couple of characters, the players figure it out themselves. If the plot arc has potential over-arcing effects that will impact a lot of people and/or the city as a whole, however, it should be brought to the GMs for approval/awareness. In most instances we won’t tell you no, but we do need to be aware of the big stuff.

If at any point a decision cannot be resolved between the players, please bring the issue to the GMs and we will do what we can to accommodate.

Q: Will PvP be allowed?
A: This isn’t a combat-centric game, but in the event that two characters decide to get in to a brawl or what have you, it is expected the players will sort out how the fight goes and what the results are on their own. If absolutely necessary the GMs can help make decisions regarding this, and it is expected that players will respect our final ruling in these situations.

Q: What about canon characters?
A: Canon characters are not up for grabs and will rarely, if ever, show up in the game. There is no unaligned succubus named Bo. If Dyson exists, he's just a cop in another city. The Blood King has been dead since shortly after he put an end to the last great war between the fae.

Rules

• Be respectful and considerate.
  • Leave OOC out of IC, and remember IC does not equal a player's OOC.
  • GM word is law. If you have issues with decisions made, voice them in PM.
  • Deal with conflict via PM's. Deal with conflict, don't let things bug you until you explode. Let the GM(s) in on what's happening if dealing with it doesn't seem to be working out. It’s perfectly fine to include the GM(s) from the start too.
  • All posts must use the provided game tag and must be tagged for content.
  • All non-con or extreme content must be spoilered in the post
  • Power game at your own risk. Just remember that no matter how big and bad your character is, there is always someone bigger willing to put the boot to them.
  • The above rules are subject to change at the GM's discretion.

Character Creation Guidelines

Character Creation Rules:

• No key players in fae society (Ash, Morrigan, Elders, etc) are available for play by the players.
  • Nearly any species in the show is available for play, save for any species with auto-kill abilities (such as Death Worms)
  • Species with the ability to control others (such as Mesmers) are heavily limited and will be tweaked to tone down their powers.
  • Succubi and Incubi are very rare and as such, their number will be heavily limited, allowing for only two.
  • Unaligned characters are available (limited to 2) but should be aware of the risks associated with being unaligned. No one is going to have Bo's power level and unaligned characters will be handled realistically. They will have no protection from either side and thus will also be considered "fair game" as much as a human might.
  • Unclaimed humans are available for play but most often will not have any knowledge of the Fae's existence.
  • Claimed humans are available though we will require extra information on their owner.
  • Species not seen in the show are available for play, but must be properly researched regarding strengths/powers/weaknesses and must be approved by the GMs
  • Half-breed fae are allowed but will be closely scrutinized and limited in power.
  • Human/Fae mating produces non-fae children.
[li]Once your sheet is complete, PM it to Cerigo.[/li][/list]
Sucubi/Incubi Available: 1/2
Unaligned Available: 2/2

Fae Character Sheet

~BASICS~

Name:
Alignment:
Role Within the Fae Community: (if any)
Education:
Hobbies:

How Do They View Humans?: Friends, Food, Chattal, Equals, Slaves, etc

~Appearance~
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Physical Description:
Distinguishing Features:
Character Model:

~Indepth~

What Do They Feed Off Of?: All fae feed off of something human related... human blood, human emotions, human remains. Explain what your fae feeds off of.

Power(s):

Strengths:

Weaknesses: Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.

Personality: List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.

History: Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.

Connections: Family/Friends/Etc

Dislikes: Non-Sexual
Fears&Phobias: No one is fearless. Specify at least one.
O/Os: A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged

Fae Sheet Code

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]BASICS[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Species[/b]:
[b]Alignment[/b]:
[b]Occupation[/b]:
[b]Role Within the Fae Community[/b]: (if any)
[b]Education[/b]:
[b]Hobbies[/b]:

[b]How Do They View Humans?[/b]: [i]Friends, Food, Chattal, Equals, Slaves, etc[/i]

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Appearance[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]:
[b]Character Model[/b]:

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Indepth[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]What Do They Feed Off Of?[/b]: [i]All fae feed off of something human related... human blood, human emotions, human remains. Explain what your fae feeds off of.[/i]

[b]Power(s)[/b]:

[b]Strengths[/b]:

[b]Weaknesses[/b]: [i]Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.[/i]

[b]Personality[/b]: [i]List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.[/i]

[b]History[/b]: [i]Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.[/i]

[b]Connections[/b]: [i]Family/Friends/Etc[/i]

[b]Likes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Dislikes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Fears&Phobias[/b]: [i]No one is fearless. Specify at least one.[/i]
[b]O/Os[/b]: [i]A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged[/i]

Human Character Sheet
~BASICS~

Name:
Claimed By:
Education:
Hobbies:

How Do They View Fae?: Fear, Friendship, Curiosity, etc

~Appearance~
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Physical Description:
Distinguishing Features:
Character Model:

~Indepth~

Strengths:

Weaknesses: Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.

Personality: List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.

History: Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.

Connections: Family/Friends/Etc

Dislikes: Non-Sexual
Fears&Phobias: No one is fearless. Specify at least one.
O/Os: A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged

Human Sheet Code
[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]BASICS[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Claimed/Unclaimed[/b]:
[b]Claimed By[/b]:
[b]Occupation[/b]:
[b]Education[/b]:
[b]Hobbies[/b]:

[b]How Do They View Fae?[/b]: [i]Fear, Friendship, Curiosity, etc[/i]

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Appearance[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]:
[b]Character Model[/b]:

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]Indepth[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]Strengths[/b]:

[b]Weaknesses[/b]: [i]Must have as many weaknesses as strengths or a minimum of 2.[/i]

[b]Personality[/b]: [i]List six personality traits (2 must be negative, one neutral) and provide a description/reason for each. See the provided list for examples.[/i]

[b]History[/b]: [i]Minimum of four good length paragraphs covering anything important that has happened in their life, how they grew up, what influenced their personality to make them the person they are today.[/i]

[b]Connections[/b]: [i]Family/Friends/Etc[/i]

[b]Likes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Dislikes[/b]: [i]Non-Sexual[/i]
[b]Fears&Phobias[/b]: [i]No one is fearless. Specify at least one.[/i]
[b]O/Os[/b]: [i]A link to the player's O/Os is required, but specification of characters is encouraged[/i]

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Sephora

I would love to play!  I'd also be interested in co-gming.  I love Lost Girl (though I've only finished season 3).  I've recently got back into group games, and I think this could be a lot of fun if we got enough interest and some quality players. 

Bloodied Porcelain

I've gotten several nibbles from people outside the thread. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Sephora

Bloodied Porcelain

Cerigo

I am not diffi-oh wait... I see what you did there...

Curses! I fell right in for it.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Bloodied Porcelain

Sephora

Well that's three then that I know of.  How many other pms did you receive?

Bloodied Porcelain

Three tentative. One more that asked for the link but I don't know if she's seen it yet.

Sephora

Alright, well then that's a tentative 5.  If some people are interested in playing multiple characters, then that's a pretty good number.

Do you normally do any kind of vetting process in your group games?

Bloodied Porcelain

I usually have people submit their sheets and unless I already know them, I browse through their post history to determine whether or not I think they'd work out with the rest of the group in terms of style.

midnight diamond

*squee!* Ermahgerd! Me me me! I loooove Lost Girl! I'd love to be involved in a Lost Girl group game! ;D

Bloodied Porcelain

Excellent! I'm going to try to start compiling info this weekend for the RP. Get a more solid idea of what I'd like to see the game be written out and provide enough info that watching the show won't be something people have to do, though I'd of course always suggest that they do so. ;)

midnight diamond

Phobetor

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 11, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Three tentative. One more that asked for the link but I don't know if she's seen it yet.

Why must you make me fall for your tricks?! ;)
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

undisclosedtoyou

Consider me interested!  I have no idea what kind of character I'd make though, since there are just sooo many options!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 12, 2014, 05:57:38 PM
Why must you make me fall for your tricks?! ;)

*maniacal giggles*

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 12, 2014, 06:00:26 PM
Consider me interested!  I have no idea what kind of character I'd make though, since there are just sooo many options!

Yay Dis!

AndyZ

One of the issues I see: aren't Light and Dark pretty decently separated?  You'd either want to keep everyone on the same side or else deal with half the players having issues interacting with each other.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

VonDoom

Hmm. I'm not quite current in regards to the show, so I'm probably missing quite a few fey shown in later episodes, but I do like mythology and folklore very much. So consider me another interested party.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Bloodied Porcelain

I have been fighting a killer migraine today but I'm slowly working on stuff. Sorry this is taking a bit guys. :(

Aiden

I am planting my flag of interest here, I am only 4 episodes in but I am enjoying it.

I am leaning towards werewolf but I want to see more of the Fae before I pick one.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on July 13, 2014, 02:35:48 PM
I am planting my flag of interest here, I am only 4 episodes in but I am enjoying it.

I am leaning towards werewolf but I want to see more of the Fae before I pick one.

F**k you I was thinking of creating a werewolf!  Skjnfdjknfjdn, now I'm gonna think up something else, because I don't want your uncoolness rubbing off on me! :P

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM
I have been fighting a killer migraine today but I'm slowly working on stuff. Sorry this is taking a bit guys. :(

It's okay!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

midnight diamond

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

No worries, BP. <3 Feel better!

Bloodied Porcelain

I've updated the first post with more info/character sheets. Please feel to PM or ask questions here.

Flower