News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

FATE of the Shinigami

Started by ShadowFox89, June 06, 2013, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Well since we seem aimed towards a more CSI style with a mix of ass kicking, action, and investigation....

All over the Soul Society, spirits have been going missing. For the past month, over a hundred souls have vanished. It has been limited to the poorer districts, for the most part, so no fuss had been made. But in the last two days, spirits in of of House Bourbon's estates on the border with Albion (England's Soul society) have gone missing. In response, Roseille d'Bourbon has formed a Special Investigation Division to find out just what is going on.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Okay, so for the reason we met, we say we formed a task force to investigate and deal with the missing souls. Shall we convene and decide how our characters are connected, for example, the opinions our characters hold?

ShadowFox89

Goofed up a slight bit on the sheet, forgot Aspects.

For a character, you only need to worry about:
A High Concept
QuoteFirst, decide on your character’s high concept. This is a single phrase or
sentence that neatly sums up your character, saying who you are, what you
do, what your “deal” is. When you think about your high concept, try to
think of two things: how this aspect could help you, and how it might make
things harder for you. Good high concept aspects do both.

A Trouble
QuoteNext, decide on the thing that always gets you into trouble. It could be a
personal weakness, or a recurring enemy, or an important obligation—anything
that makes your life complicated.

Another Aspect
QuoteNow compose another aspect. Think of something really important or
interesting about your character. Are they the strongest person in their
hometown? Do they carry a mighty sword known through history? Do they
talk too much? Are they filthy rich?

Figure out your six approaches. Each approach is rated with a bonus. Choose one at Good (+3), two at Fair (+2), two at Average (+1), and one at Mediocre (+0). There are some example setups in the section.

I THINK that is it, for now. I'm sorry I'm so bad at explaining this, I'm a really crappy teacher :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

Name: Catelyn Quinn
High Concept: Defender of Soul Society
Trouble: Extreme Clumsiness
Refresh: 3
Fate Points:

Approaches: Shy Mage
Careful: +1
Clever: +3
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +2
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts: Because Cecily makes a visual clone of Catelyn, she gains a +2 to forceful when released due to the distraction.
Aspects:Rosielle d'Bourbon's Favorite test subject
Magic Expert

Stress: [ ][ ][ ]
Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

Batman4560

Can I ask how you did that? I have on idea what Im doing with the fate system or where I can find it.

ShadowFox89

http://www.faterpg.com/

edit: it would be worth it to take a loot at Fate Core as well. That has examples of play, more explanations on how things work, etc. FAE is designed as a quick read.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

How I did what?  I just put in my basic concepts where indicated, and followed instructions about the plusses.  At any rate, the pdf is available here.  http://www.faterpg.com/  It is fate accelerated.

Batman4560

Thanks guys. Let me know if anything is wrong please.

Name: Matthis St. Andre
High Concept: Servent of justice.
Trouble: Must protect and guide Emilia Valois at all costs.
Fate Points:

Approaches: The Guardian
Careful: +3
Clever: +2
Flashy: +0
Forceful: +2
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +1

Stunts: Because I am sworn to protect, I get a +2 when I carefully use décevoir to hide my allies.
Aspects: Sworn defender of Emilia Valois. Bound by honor.

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

RedFangedWerehawk

Name: Pankratios "Pan" Milas
High Concept: Silent but Deadly Reckless Redeemer
Trouble: Difficult to fight alongside

Fate Points:

Approaches: Reckless Assassin
Careful: +0
Cleaver: +2
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +1
Quick: +3
Sneaky: +2

Stunt 1: Because of Féta tou Chrónou's Time/Space manipulation abilities, Pankratios gets a +2 to Quick when using his 'rend attack' technique.

Stunt 2: Because he loathes showboating and enemies that toy with their opponents, Pankratios gets a +2 to Forceful when attacking an enemy that is showing off.

Aspects Chasing his foggy past

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

----------------------------------------

The FATE Accelerated PDF says that we can take up to three stunts without penalty. If I am mistaken let me know what I have to do in order to keep my second one.

Avalon29

Name: Conall McClellan
High Concept: Hot-Blooded Protector
Trouble: Hated by certain nobles
Fate Points: 3

Approaches: Dogged fighter
Careful:+1
Clever: +1
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +3
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts: Because I can create seismic waves upon impact, I get a  + 2 to forceful when Faolchú is released and my opponent tries to block the technique directly.

Because I can create a minor earthquake, I get a +2 to flashy when I create an advantage when Faolchú is released and my opponents are performing high speed maneuvers.

Aspects: Has a reputation with the poorer districts in WESS,
Devoted brother,

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

I have two stunts and FATE Accelerated says I can get up to three for free but if I need to I'll lower my refresh by one.

Vaulera

Name: Emilia Valois
High Concept: Last Scion of the Valois Elite
Trouble: Broken Trust
Fate Points: 3

Approaches:
Careful: 1
Clever: 2
Flashy: 0
Forceful:1
Quick: 2
Sneaky: 3

Stunts:

Stunt One: Because I can fire off bolts quick bolts of lightning, I get +2 to forceful when the opponent isn't expecting it.

Stunt Two:  Because I have snuck out into soul society for years, I get +2 to sneaky when slipping away unnoticed.

Aspects: Stubborn as a bull, Delicate as a flower

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

Not entirely sure how well I did, and tried to fit her approaches to match her personality as well was something we were missing. Very small and light girl would be not too bad at sneaking, is the rationale.

Mysterica

Yeah.  Catelyn probably would have higher sneak... were it not for her clumsiness..

Vaulera

Haha. I suppose I'm going to take the rather aloof approach, but with a "whatever it takes to complete the objective" attitude.

Batman4560

I will do my best to guide you then ^

Vaulera

Mysterica

ShadowFox89

Sorry guys, I'm going to be a bit distracted for the next week (watching my little brothers while my mom and other brother goes to pick up yet another brother from Submarine School in Conn), which means I probably won't be able to get an IC up for another week.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Oh yeah. Something I should have asked about before. How is this going to be executed? Usually for the pen and paper people gather around with dice and paper etc. in several different sessions. I assume we will be doing it on the forums etc. but it seems like it would be strange. A turn order, perhaps?

ShadowFox89

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180624.new#new

OOC is up. I'll be putting up the character thread and a brief IC soon, rather sapped on energy to do much with it right now :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A