Interest Check: 7th Sea (2nd Edition)

Started by AllieCat, June 13, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitryn

I've almost got my Sorte Strega written up, but I was curious on the Signature Item Advantage. If I tok it and made a heirloom sorte deck, how would that work? Could I use it to spend a Hero Point and remove/ignore a number of wounds equal to my highest trait when removing Lashes? Like if my highest trait was 3, then I spend a Hero point to ignore the first 3 wounds when removing a Lash (eg. 1, 2, or 3 Lashes means 1 Lash is removed without taking any wounds; 4 Lashes means that I only take 1 Wound in removing the Lash; all subject to me spending a Hero Point)?

Caitryn

So, still working on the Advantages and Story, but here's what I have so far. Numbers in parentheses are the starting values from Backgrounds . Also, still working on figuring out image formatting here :)

Eliana Bernoulli (Vestini)
Nationality: Vodacce

Brawn: 2
Resolve: 3
Finesse: 2
Wits: 3
Panache: 3

Backgrounds: Sorte Strega, Aristocrat

Quirks
Aristocrat: Gain a Hero Point when you prove there is more to Nobility than expensive clothes and attending court

Sorte Strega: Earn a Hero Point when you commit to a dangerous course of action that you believe is destiny

Advantages (3 Advantage points left)
Rich
Disarming Smile
Sorcery: (2) 3
Time Sense

Skills
Aim 1
Athletics (0) 1
Convince (2) 3
Empathy (1) 2
Hide (1) 2
Notice (0) 2
Perform (1) 2
Ride 2
Scholarship 1
Tempt (1) 3
Weaponry (0)1

Virtue: The Prophet (Activate to know when any other charcter is lying to you until the end of the scene)

Hubris: The Fool (Recieve a Hero Point when investigating something unusual, especially if it seems dangerous)

Sorcery: Sorte
Read
Minor: Arcana, Blessing, Curse, Pull
Major: Blessing, Curse, Pull

Story: Escape from Vodacce and her marriage

Membership: Sophia's Daughters

A young and potent daughter of the Vestini clan, from a minor family, Eliana always hated her destiny to be sold off like property. Fortunately, the strength of her gift brought her to the attention of her distant cousin, Valentina Vilanova, another powerful Sorte Strega and one of the founders of Sophia's Daughters. Over the years, Eliana was given the chance to partake in some of Valentina's secret reading cirlces, recieving a modicum of education. At first, as a part of this circle, Eliana was relatively content and thought she could help make life easier for other Fate Witches by staying 'within the system'. But now a few years into her marriage to Dominic Bernoulli, her situation has become intolerable and she longs for an escape.

Kolbrandr

The tone of the book in various places kinda killed my enthusiasm, having finally picked it up, but you seem to have enough players anywho, so, good luck with the game, hope it goes well.

Crash

It is very much a storytelling game more than a crunchy dice game now, but I love the setting and it does what the writers wanted it to do.  I am guessing those that want more crunch are going to house rule some stuff.

That may not be what Kolbrandr is referring too, but I know a number of people that are thinking that way.  I want to see how it plays a few times first before rendering my verdict on the rules and any changes that might be necessary. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kolbrandr

That's some of what I'm referring to, sure, it does go way more into the narrative side of things than I personally enjoy, but a fair bit of it was straight up the tone of the writers honestly. That one sidebar in the magic chapter kind of killed me as far as my personal list of "don't talk to someone who spent money on your work like that". (I'm also not thrilled by the changes to Eisen and that glamour is now the sole purview of the 20 reincarnations of the round table, various touches like that)

Crash

I liked Eisen (other than removing dracheneisen from the majority of the nobility).  Yeah they have a particular way they want this game to be played and seem to be aggressive in the our way is the best way stance, but whatever.  I change things to fit what I like so I really don't care what they say.

I get it though.  I am sure they have chased some away from the game, but probably brought in others.  I love the setting and am mostly looking forward to the New World and Ifr for setting.  My group didn't much want to play the original rpg (boo on them), but I used sooooo much of the artwork and flavor to color other games.  I will certainly do the same.

I really like the rules for a forum game as it is easy to make a character and in a way rules light enough that I think it will run smoothly.  I look forward to finding out anyway.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

A Person On A Computer

Are you still taking people?  I've got a character I've wanted to play forever in 7th Sea, and with the new game actually up for me from backing it, I'm wanting to do this! 

Plus, I've been watching Black Sails recently, so that's only brought me up to wanting swashbuckling even further.  xD

AllieCat

Sure.. people are still working on characters I think :)

MadPanda

Officially making Marsilia's third language Eisen.

Hope you don't mind the fan club, Bruna...   ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

A Person On A Computer

Well, here's my work in progress.  Went for something of a "Latin Lover" trope.  Solves his problems either with the blade or by bed.  True to the Bon Vivant kind of lifestyle.  I swear, there will be at least one scene where he's diving out of a second or third story window while missing articles of clothing after sleeping with some married woman.  Possibly followed by a rooftop chase scene with him trying to put articles of clothing back on.  Including his boots. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Carlos Santana Diego Velasquez
Nationality: Castillian

Brawn: 2
Finesse: 4
Resolve: 2
Wits: 2
Panache: 3

Backgrounds:

JENNY

Quirk: Earn HP when resolving conflict with seduction or sexual wiles. 

DIESTRO

Quirk: Earn HP when besting a trained duelist at their own game.     

Advantages:
Dynamic Approach
Come Hither
Fencer
Disarming Smile
Legendary Trait: Finesse
Linguist

Skills:
Aim 1
Athletics 2
Convince 3
Empathy 2
Intimidate 1
Notice 1
Perform 1
Ride 1
Sailing 1
Scholarship 1
Tempt 3
Weaponry 3

Arcana:
-Virtue (Coins for the Ferryman) Adaptable
-Hubris (The Beggar) Envious

Story: Lover and a Fighter
-Reward: Duelist Academy

HairyHeretic

Where do we stand on this now? It seems we have a few characters completed at least. Are others still WIP?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Crash

Yeah I was wondering the same.  I may eventually do a Sandbox game myself but I was hoping for another book or two before doing that.

Marie Reynolds

My mechanics are done I am just writing up back story.
Character Sheet

Name: Petras     Nation:The Sarmatian Commonwealth

Arcana:
The Glyph
Virtue: Temperate
Activate your Virtue to prevent any magical
effect (Sorcery, Artifacts, Monsters, etc.) from
affecting you.
Hubris: Superstitious
You receive a Hero Point when you refuse to solve
a problem using Sorcery, an artifact, or some other
mystical effect that you don’t trust.

Brawn:2
Finesse:2
Resolve:3
Wits:3
Panache:3

Doctor
You work to heal the sick and tend to the wounded.
Quirk
Earn a Hero Point when you tend to the injuries of a Villain
or the innocents harmed by a Villain.
Advantages
Miracle Worker
Time Sense

Žynys (Sooth sayer)
You met the Devil on the road, tricked him, and gained his
powers at your command.
Quirk
Earn a Hero Point when you use something evil for good.
Advantages
Sorcery
Sorcery
Linguist
General Advantages:
University
You attended one of Théah’s formal universities and
are familiar with many academic fields of study such
as mathematics, architecture, and astronomy. When
you make a Risk using Scholarship, Empathy, or
Notice, all of your dice gain +1 to their value
Able drinker

Skills
Athletics:2
Convince:3
Empathy:2
Intimidate:2
Notice:2
Perform:2
Ride:2
Scholarship:3
Weaponry:2

Sanderis:

Darkness:
Minor Favors:
• Observe an area or another character
through shadows. You see and hear everything as if you were standing in the shadow,
and all of your senses function normally.
• Open a shadowy portal to instantly travel a
short distance to another shadow in sight
• Cause a creature to be attacked by its own
shadow, inflicting 1 Wound each time they
take an Action this Round.
• Wrap shadows around yourself to become
impossible to detect. Any attempts to locate
you with mundane means automatically fail
(requiring no Raises to avoid).
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide