The Fall of LV-6329: An Aliens Universe Survival Game

Started by Urbanzorro, April 07, 2011, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

-----TRANSMISSION INTERCEPTED------

-Decoding.........MESSAGE BEGINS:

SUBJECT: Chigusa Board of Directors 2nd Quarter Meeting Recorded Minutes/Operating Orders
RECIPIENT: Captain Jason Calloway,  Commanding Officer C.C.S.(Chigusa Commerce Ship) "Prometheus"
CLASSIFICATION: Ultra Violet
RECORDED MINUTES:
Lady Chigusa: "This meeting of the Chigusa Corporation's Board of Directors is hereby called back into order after the previous recess of 20 minutes. All those present please speak their name and position."
Mrs. Carter Angela Carter, Sales and Public Relations Manager
Mr. Wilkes Michale Wilkes, Head of Security Concepts
Dr. Marcellmo Dr. Ilijah Marcellmo, Prometheus project leader
Mr. Jones Richard Jones, Vice President
Lady Chigusa: Stephanie Chigusa, Majority Stock holder, CEO, and head of The Board of Directors. *Softly claps hands together once* Alright now that that's out of the way lets get to business. As I'm sure you all know the main items on our agenda are the status of the Prometheus project, our relations with our primary buyer the U.S. military, and Operation 314 which is scheduled to take place during this quarter. I'd like a status update starting with Prometheus.
Dr. Marcellmo *Clears Throat* As you all know the Prometheus project is part of our plan to replace the Weyland-Yutani as the United States' number one weapons manufacturer by providing a level of quality that W-Y will have no chance of competing with. That having been said, the project was originally slated for completion roughly a year from now. But thanks to a major breakthrough, the specifics of which are in the briefings my office dispatched to each of you, I am very pleased to announce that Project Prometheus is in its final completion stages and all of it's elements, products, and technology will be ready for field testing by this time next week.
All:*Light Applause*
Lady Chigusa: *Applause ends* That's excellent news Lisa, now lets hear about our relations with the military.
Mrs. Carter Sadly we still trail W-Y in all areas of conventional military arms sales, their close relation to the Colonial Marines gives them a strong edge when it comes to bidding for contracts. But our slow introduction of some of our lower end Prometheus tech has shortened the gap considerably. Even Weyland himself can't keep the military's top brass from watering at the mouth over the things we've shown them so far.
Mr. Wilkes And that's not to mention the fact that the Army is nowhere near as under Weyland's thumb as the Marines. I've had their representative....*Ruffles through papers*....General Barnes in my office at least once a week ever since we first unveiled the Thermite-Plasma remix for the M240
Mr. Jones That brings us to Operation 314 if I'm correct, if you don't mind Stephanie I'd like to take this one...I've been micromanaging this for quite some time and I'm very eager to begin.
Lady Chigusa: That's perfectly fine Dick the floor is yours
Mr. Jones Alright, as I'm sure everyone here knows all of our sources have been pointing to the fact that Weyland hasn't simply been sitting on his hands and resting on the lead he's been able to develop over us. For a long time now we've known that they're working on something big. We just never knew what...but now we do, and more importantly we know where their primary research facility is. Our intelligence suggest that if they manage to complete their research and achieve successful results it may be enough to render the entire Prometheus line moot. Operation 314 will involve the elimination of Weyland-Yutani's primary research facility, and will pave the way for the toppling of their monopoly over sales to not only the U.S. Army but also the Colonial Marines.
Mrs. Carter: But that would bring us into open conflict with Weyland-Yutani, which as we all know is pretty much synonymous with entering into conflict with the Colonial Marines...even if we were able to win such a conflict it would be a Public Relations nightmare...A civilian corporation engaging military troops, our sales would plummet, not to mention our stocks!
Mr. Wilkes:  Not necessarily, as I said before I've been in very close contact with the U.S. Army's representatives and I've learned that while the Marines are very much Karl Weyland's attack dog, the Army is not and it's Army's top generals would be more than willing to help us....sweep the whole thing under the rug so long as we can promise them near exclusive rights to some of our more 'interesting' Prometheus weapons. In addition to this I've learned that quite a few of the Marine High Command don't like being under Weyland's thumb either and would be more than willing to simply forgive and forget any incidents that occurred in the process of them getting out from under said thumb. But.....neither the Army or the Marines are willing to make such moves without proof that our Prometheus tech will live up to the hype.
Lady Chigusa: And that means real combat data, not simulations
Mr. Jones: Which is exactly what Operation 314 will give us, not only against Weyland-Yutani's mercenary security teams but against the actual military. If we succeed we'll have crippled W-Y's next big move and proven the superiority of our product in the same stroke. So the question is can we do it?
Mr. Wilkes: I can get us the manpower to easily beat what ever W/Y has at their research base but we'll need something more to stop the Marines
Dr. Marcellmo You'll have it
Lady Chigusa: Very well, then I call a vote of go or no go on the activation of Operation 314 starting with Dick, going around the table and ending with myself.
Mr. Jones: Go
Mr. Wilkes: Go
Dr. Marcellmo: Go
Mrs. Carter: Go
Lady Chigusa: Go
ORDERS:
Captain Jason Calloway, with the full authorization of The Board of Directors you are hereby ordered to make for Galena-357 at the Prometheus's best speed. There you will take on your assigned cargo and proceed at best speed to Weyland-Yutani Corp. Planet LV-6329 and assist Chigusa Security Concepts Division personnel in any way needed. Failure to follow these orders will result in immediate termination of contract, loss of corporate shares, legal prosecution for violation of contract, and placement on the Chigusa Corporation's black list.

That is all.

MESSAGE ENDS

Weyland-Yutani Corp. Transmission ZR-567; Priority: Extreme Circumstances
Recipient: Karl Bishop Weyland, CEO
Originator: MOTHER
   Contact with research station on Lv-6329 as well as with civilian colony Abel's Folly has been lost. I have confirmed occurrence of an incident. The research station has is currently the primary location for  work on xenomorph bio-weapons project. Intelligence and transmissions from the research station's commander indicates the Chigusa Corporation as possible culprits. Colonial Military has been notified, I have activated observation equipment, analysts are standing by to evaluate xenomorph performance against Chigusa Corporation personnel and Colonial Marines should control of the xenomorphs be lost.

USMC Command
      Opperations Brief # 33456
Contact lost with Weyland-Yutani Corp.’s civilian colony, “Abel's Folly” and a Weyland-Yutani Corp. small arms factory on planetoid LV-6329, last known contact indicates possible terrorist activity. USMC Alpha Platoon and Bravo Platoon of Charlie Company, 5th Regiment are hereby dispatched to above stated colony, platoons will assess the situation, determine what events took place, identify any threats, and eliminate said threats with extreme prejudice. Any surviving colonists are to be protected and evacuated. Mission objectives in order of priority are as follows.

Establish Contact with Weyland-Yutani facility and civilian colony Abel's Folly.
Identify any previously and currently existing threats
Eliminate said threats
Protect Weyland-Yutani Corp. equipment and facility
Maintain minimal USMC losses
Protect surviving colonists and civilian colony.
-Brief Ends-

OOC

Ok, so as some may remember I GM'd a previous Aliens/Predator verse game last year. And that game was quite fun. Ever since it ended I've toyed with the idea of restarting it/creating another Alien/Predator game... This is my idea for just such a role play, I've been working on it/fine tuning/developing the plot/expanding the character options for quite a long time. So I should have all of the kinks worked out (puntastic!). This game while similar to the previous one will have a very different plot. But just like the old one it will tell the story of a single platoon of marines. Specifically the 1st(Player Characters), 2nd(NPCs), and possibly the 3rd(Player characters should enough interest be shown) squads of the platoon, as they first attempt to complete their mission, and later simply attempt to survive. It will ideally be filled with action, suspense, interpersonal interaction, and fun!

I’ll be playing the part of the world around them, as well as that of the Alien Hive and other antagonists, I’m looking for some people to play the marines, and possibly Predators and/or other special characters that I may decide to allow as player characters rather than NPCs.  The game will be mildly systemic in that each player will have to first choose what weapons and equipment his/her marine carries. In addition to this the system will be used to determine when/if an alien attack is able to wound one of the marines, when/if random good and (or) bad events occur, and how well the squad does when attacking enemies and/or an important location,  other than these things the game will be freeform. Hopefully this will apple to many people because it leaves room for creativity, as well as allows for unpredictability/fairness.  So if you’re still interested the character list, character sheet, a stats explanation, a weapons/equipment list and system explanation are as follows.

THE SYSTEM:

First off I’ll explain when/how the system will be used, as well as how it will work. There will be three different systems used in the game, each one is original and each one is a simple as I can make them while taking everything into account.

Normal Combat: The system will be used to determine how effective the marines are at killing their foe, as well as how effective the Aliens are at attacking the marines. Here is a simple scenario for example a marine is walking down a hall way he/she encounters an Alien and opens fire the Alien runs to attack the marine the marine manages to shoot the Alien in the head and the Alien dies without harming him/her.  Post wise this is how it would happen, the marine’s player makes a post saying that he/she is walking down a hall way, I would make a post describing the alien getting ready to attack, the system would be used to tell if the marine spots the alien and if he is able to kill it or if it isn’t his lucky day and he gets wounded/has to run/possibly worse. As far as our marine player is concerned the game is essentially freeform with them simply posting using statements such as "My character shoots at the alien aiming for its head" rather than "My character shoots the alien in the head." This allows me to control the action from behind the scenes by being the one to use statements such as "the bullets hit the alien" or "The bullets miss the alien" without bogging down the players with dice rolls, stat comparisons, ect. Ideally this allows for both the player and myself getting to add a bit of creativity without the normal problems of freeform combat games(God modding, disputable outcomes, ect) or the problems of a system game (long amounts of rolling and stat comparison work for relatively small amounts of posts._)

If there is interest and this role play gets off the ground I will be posting up 3 threads in the Extreme Small Groups forum, the first will be the I.C. thread where the story will take place, the second will be an O.O.C thread which will….well be the O.O.C. communication place, the 3rd thread will be for lack of a better way to put it, a Xenopedia, it will contain everything that the marine characters ‘know’ about the aliens they encounter including known stats ect ect, this will be to help the players tell what they are up against, as well as for fun. So far I have purposefully left the system’s explanation rather vague, if there is interest in it, I will explain it in depth giving examples for each situation, and posting up a ‘dress rehearsal’ of how the system will work at different points in time

Character List
The open character slots are as follows
1st Squad(Required)
3rd Squad Leader:
3rd Squad's Sergeant:
1st Squad Smart Gunner:
1st Squad Flamethrower Man:
1st Squad Member
1st Squad Member
1st Squad Member
3rdSquad Synthetic

3rd Squad (Optional)
3rd Squad Leader:
3rd Squad's Sergeant:
3rd Squad Smart Gunner:
3rd Squad Flamethrower Man:
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Synthetic

Character Sheet
Here is the character template that will be used

Image:

Name:

Position in platoon/rank:(Squad Leader, Sargent, Squad Member, ect)

Personal history:

Stats Before Equipment:

Kit:

Stats After Equipment:

Stats Explained:

Each player gets 50 points to use as he or she sees fit.  The stats start at 0 each and the minmum score for each stat is 3(before equipment), and the max is 10(after equipment) the max for Health is 20, and the max for everything else is 10 I.E. you can have a health of 11 but not an attack of 11. The only exception is Ranged Attack, which does not use stat points, it is determined by your equipment only. If a stat is brought lower than 3 after counting for equipment (I.E. a piece of heavy armor brings your agility to 2) that's ok, though having any stat that low is inadvisable.

Health: How many points of damage you can take

Attack:  How much damage you’ll do in hand to hand combat

Ranged Attack: How much ranged firepower you have (does not use stat points, is determined by adding the ranged firepower bonus of your weapons/kit)

Accuracy: How likely you are to hit

Agility: How likely you are to avoid an attack/outrun what’s chasing you

Intelligence: How much more likely you make it for your team to succeed, how likely you are to make certain machines work.

Defense: If hit, how much of the damage is not taken to your actual health

Perception: How likely you are to notice what’s creeping in the shadows, how likely you are to see a trap before it is sprung.

Stealth: How likely you are to avoid being detected

Luck: If good or bad things just seem to happen to you, slightly effects all other stats, effects how likely your team is to succeed.

Weapons/Equipment:

Each player gets 20 kit points to use however he/she pleases, for the sake of simplicity we will assume that ammo is not a factor/leave its existence and running out to our own freeform devices. Each entry below will have a short description of what it is, the amount of kit points it costs, and how it effects your character’s stats. Also some weapons and equipment are exclusive to a specific character slot, for example it wouldn’t make much sense for anyone but the smart gunner to actually have a smart gun.

Universal weapons and equipment
These Items can be chosen by any member of the squads and represent standardized kit that every marine would have access to and be trained to use.
Combat Knife:

Description: Blades, in one form or another have been used by men and women for thousands of years, this primitive weapon is still in use within the USMC which prides itself on training marines who are not only expert shots, but excellent hand to hand combatants. A combat knife is standard issue to every marine both for its usefulness in combat, and as a simple tool.

Effect: +1  Attack

Cost:1

M4A3 Pistol:

Description: The USMC’s standard issue sidearm, the M4A3 fires 9mm rounds, and possesses an impressive level of accuracy, albeit at the sacrifice of stopping power. Marines are advised to use the M4A3 only on ‘soft targets’ or as a weapon of last resort should their heavier armaments be exhausted. A common joke amongst Marine grunts about the M4A3 being that the only way to really put down a target with it is to score a head shot….and even then you may have to do it twice just to be sure.
Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy

Cost:2

AP Rounds(Requires Pistol):

Description: Many marines find their M4A3 lacking in the ability to penetrate its target’s defenses, with this in mind many arms manufacturers have taken to producing alternate forms of ammunition to be sold privately to the marines, the most popular is the armor piercing round, replacing the standard 9mm round with a uranium tipped round more capable of penetrating most  light armors.

Effect: +1 Ranged Attack

Fragmentation Grenade:

Description: A standard grenade, designed to explode 3 seconds after its pin has been pulled, showering the immediate area with high speed, razor sharp shrapnel. Marines are encouraged to use grenades when large numbers of enemies are grouped together.

Effect: +1 to Ranged Attack, +1 Luck, -1 Stealth
Cost:3

Flame Grenade:

Description: A non-standard grenade, designed to explode 3 seconds after its pin has been pulled, blanketing the immediate area with flames. Marines are encouraged to use grenades when large numbers of enemies are grouped together, as well as to provide cover for an escape, or keep an advancing enemy at bay.

Effect: -1 Agility to enemies

M41A Pulse Rifle:

Description: The standard USMC firearm, it is as much a symbol of mankind’s mastery of technology and warfare as it is a deadly weapon, the M41A is capable of firing in either semi-automatic, 3 round burst, or full auto modes. It fires the standard high velocity armor piercing round, and is capable of supporting multiple modifications. It is light, compact, easy to use, and even easier to maintain, the only thing that’s hard to do is break it. Every marine must qualify with the M41A before completing their training to insure that, should the need arise any member of the USMC is able to pick up a rifle and join the fight.

Effect: + 3 Ranged Attack,

Cost: 5

Under slung grenade launcher (Requires Pulse Rifle):

Description:  An under slung grenade launcher for the M41A Pulse Rifle, it fires shaped charge grenades at long range giving the average marine a way to effectively eliminate heavily armored opponents. 

Effect: + 2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Side Mounted Flame Caster: (Requires Pulse Rifle):

Description:  An side mounted light flame thrower for the M41A Pulse Rifle, it is capable of projecting a small gout of flame at any close range target in bursts of 3 seconds, any longer is unadvised due to the possibly of overheating, it is in no way a replacement for the M240B, as it is  lacking in range and power by comparison to the USMC’s flame thrower. In addition to this, the standard infantry man's armor lacks the heat shielding of the flamethrower man's "Ape Suit" and prolonged exposure to the heat and light created by the flame caster has been known to have negative effects on the senses of sight and touch.

Effect: + 2  Attack, -1 Perception

M33 Shotgun:

Description:  The M33 is a pump action shotgun, designed for use in close quarters and urban settings, it is made to offer the greatest amount of punching power while remaining as compact and manageable as possible, it is somewhat less effective at range due to the large spread of its shot as a result of its shortened barrel.   

Effect: + 3  Attack, -1 Ranged Attack

Full Auto(Requires Shotgun):

Description:  Replacing the M33's pump action with a fully automatic loading system, the M33 is now capable of fully automatic firing, allowing it's user to literally paint an area with firepower. The recoil on a fully automatic M33 is many times stronger than that of the standard shotgun, giving it the nickname "the mule" amongst weapon's manufacturers with regards to its kick. 

Effect: + 2 Attack, -1 Accuracy

M10 Pattern Ballistic Armor:

Description:  The current model of body armor issued to USMC marines consists of a chest and back plate, in addition to a helmet, it is designed to effectively stop  small arms fire, as well as rifle fire, but is outclassed when pitted against larger caliber weapons.

Effect:+ 1 Health +2  Defense,

M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor:

Description:  The current model of body armor issued to USMC marines consists of a chest and back plate, in addition to a helmet, it is designed to effectively stop small arms fire, as well as rifle fire, but is outclassed when pitted against larger caliber weapons, in an effort to correct this problem the M12 Advanced Armor is in development, sporting a thicker layer of protection, as well as chemical resistance treatments for protection against enemy who choose to ignore conventional rules of combat.

Effect:+ 1 Health +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.

XV35 Motion Tracker:

Description:  An optional motion sensor. By detecting micro changes in air density the XV35 is able to sense movement in every direction regardless of where it is pointed. It relays this information to its user through an attached screen, as well as through a series of mechanical beeps, which grow louder and closer together as the movement draws nearer.

Effect:+ 2 Perception, -1 Stealth,

M111 Combat Helmet:

Description:  A stronger combat helmet, than the standard issue, the M111 possesses a radio transmitter and receiver, and is also capable of supporting a side mounted camera.   

Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal. 

Side Mounted Helmet Camera (Requires Helmet):

Description:  A side mounted camera for the M111 Helmet, it provides a constant feed to the platoon's officer, allowing him/her to evaluate the tactical situation of every member of his/her squad.   

Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

MS3 Medical Kit:
Description:  A large first aid kit, in the right hands it can be used to handle almost any battlefield injury.

Effect: +2 Health

Smoke Grenade

Description: A non-standard grenade, designed to activate 3 seconds after its pin has been pulled, blanketing the immediate area with a thick cloud of smoke. Marines are encouraged to use grenades when large numbers of enemies are grouped together, as well as to provide cover for an escape, or keep an advancing enemy at bay.

Effect: -1 Perception to enemies, +1 Stealth

Squad Leader Exclusive Equipment

M557 APC:

Description:  The APC is the primary driving ground vehicle used by the USCM. It has one front mounted twin Gatling turret, and one top mounted twin cannon. The APC has a top speed of 50 miles per hour. It is capable of single-handedly offering heavy fire support to USMC personnel, but also has a habit of becoming a target for any enemies in the area.

Effect: +5 Defense when in use, +4 Ranged Attack when in use, +4 Perception when in use,  +3 Intelligence when in use, -6 Stealth when in use, cannot be used within hallways/small rooms/anyplace it wouldn't fit,  Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.

Cost:5

M579 'Daisy Cutter'(Requires APC)
When extreme firefights are expected or when requested by the squad's leader, a 20mm quad Gatling system can be added to the M557 APC's already formidable weaponry. The turret is controlled by a highly accurate multi-spectrum sensor and placed parallel to the APC's primary turret. Despite mild international outrage at the use of anti-aircraft weapons in a ground role. The M579's impressive field results have encouraged Marine Command to turn a blind ear and def eye to the negative publicity.

Effect: +6 Ranged attack vs human sized targets

Door Guns(Requires APC)
There are many ways to turn the M557 APC into a 'gunship' and once such method is to deploy limited traverse door guns at each of the vehicle's three entrances (one on each side and one rear) these weapons are simply heavy machine guns and harnesses built into the APC's interior in order to allow its passengers to fire from the doors while the vehicle is either moving or stationary.

Effect: +3 Ranged Attack per manned weapon(total of +9), requires a player character or npc to actively man the weapons or there is no effect.

Cost: 2

L7 Personal Computer:

Description:  A high speed, compact, personal computer designed to offer the command and control capabilities of the M557 APC, without the APC’s high profile.  The computer is capable of providing radio contact with all members of the platoon, tracking each platoon member’s movements, and analyzing any machine or deceased organic specimen , programs allowing it to analyze living organisms are currently said to be in development.

Effect: +3 Perception, +2 Intelligence, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal

Uplink to FATHER(Requires Personal Computer):

Description:  A high bandwidth connection to the orbiting USS Mitchum, which in turn is connected to FATHER, the bio-computer at the heart of the United States Military Computer System, by relaying received information to FATHER any battle field analysis can be made near instantaneously.

Effect:  +2  Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, allows the personal computer to analyze living organisms providing instant intelligence on said organism’s life functions and weak points(Gives detailed info on any ‘bosses’ encountered).

AURORA Uplink(Requires Personal Computer):

Description:  A high bandwidth connection to the orbiting USS Mitchum, and it's fire control computer. Allowing the use of the AURORA space based assassination system.

Effect: Allows Platoon Leader to fire a single AURORA blast per encounter with hostiles, this blast is capable of instantly killing a single target of human size or smaller.

M190 Key Personnel Body Armor(Replaces All Other Armor If Equiped):    

Description:  Despite accusations of being ‘cold’, ‘inhuman’, and ‘heartless’ the USMC openly acknowledges that it values the lives of its officers  more than that of its standard grunts, stating that the amount of time and training put into creating an officer far outweighs that of a grunt. With this in mind the M190 Key Personnel Body Armor is made available to all marines who achieve officer rank. Designed to protect its wearer from all known threats the M190 is considered by many to be the top of the line in personal battle field protection.

Effect:  +2 Health, +4 Defense, Defense stat not suffer damage from chemical/acid based attacks, provides immunity to attacks made by facehuggers

West Point Ring:

Description:  Little more than a symbol, it is the skills and training received at West Point that are the true value of this ring. 

Effect:  +1 Intelligence, +1 Stealth, +1 Perception, 

Every officer has one as far as the men and women under his command are concerned. Whether its one for being kind, cruel, stern, wild, or anything else almost all reputations have been earned by the actions of the officer and serve to endear or infuriate those under their command. 

Effect: Allows for the selection of one of the following options

-An Officer and a Gentleman(Lady)
He/she has a reputation for holding him/herself, and the men and women under his/her command to the highest of standards from the morals of honorable combat, to physical fitness, and even the quest for further knowledge. In many ways he/she represents Marine Command's ideal image of what an officer should be. Those ranked higher then him/her cannot help but realize that he/she is destined for more and those below him/her often find themselves striving to be more like him/her.
Effect:: 2+ Intelligence(representing his/her abilities to command his/her marines), +2 Health, -1 Stealth

-Thirty-eight...Simulated
Not everyone can have hundreds of missions under their belt, everyone has to start somewhere! Fresh out of O.C.S.(Officer Candidacy School) he/she is still very green...and it shows...But hey...every marine knows that God loves the green ones!
Effect: +4 Luck,  -1 Perception

-He's comin' in. I feel safer already.
It must have been brains that got him/her through OCS, because it sure as hell wasn't brawn or marksmanship....He/she has developed a reputation for being a little 'ineffective' in the use of his/her weapons. But his/her mastery of combat tactics is very impressive and everyone knows it.
Effect: +3 Perception, +1 Intelligence, -1 Accuracy

-Ultimate badass! State of the badass art!
Some commanders win battles through finesse, maneuvering, and superior tactics. Others do it by simply steamrolling over their opposition... 
Effect: +2 Attack, +2 Ranged Attack, -1 Intelligence

-He's a damn loose cannon!
He/she puts his/her men before the mission and has proven more than willing to destroy corporate property for the sake of saving civilian lives. In short he/she is a loose cannon, the kind that Marine Command would much rather have die quietly at the ass end of the galaxy then anywhere near where they can raise up a mess.
Effect: +3 Defense, +1 Agility, -1 Health

-You don't see them fucking each other over a goddamn percentage
A corporation slime-ball in a marine uniform. He/she's been secretly on the company's payroll for quite a while and even though no one has ever proven anything his/her reputation for putting corporate interests before the safety of his/her men and those they are supposed to protect is pretty well known.
Effect: + 3 Stealth

Officer’s Saber:

Description:  Commonly used for ceremony, but still kept razor sharp a USMC Officer’s Saber is rarely located far away from its owner due to its symbolizing the officer’s honor….and the fact that it is a required piece of attire when attempting to enter any USMC Officers’ Club for a drink.

Effect:  +2 Attack

Sergeant Exclusive Equipment

Stogie: 

Description:  Bad for your health, but good for your nerves, frowned upon by doctors yet smiled upon by fighting men and women for years. 

Effect:  +3 luck, -1 Health.

Hootch
A little bit of liquid courage never hurt anyone! Despite what the medics say, it puts a little hair on your chest and lets you ignore a little pain....Sadly, Marine Command doesn't share this opinion due to the adverse effects it has on marksmanship and so the only ones who seem able to get away with holding onto a little booze are those who have been in the Corps for quite a while.

Effect: +3 Health, -1 Accuracy

Cost: 1

Customized Scope(Requires Pulse Rifle)
Sometimes the sights on the M41A just aren't enough to make sure that you're able to 'reach out and touch someone.' And so some of the more experienced marines in the Corps. know its a good investment to set aside some of their money for a nice rifle scope. So that when the time comes they can pick off anyone who's trying to hide in the distance.

Effect: +1 Perception, +2 Accuracy

M38 HEAP Round(Requires under-slung grenade launcher)
The M38 HEAP(High Explosive Armor Piercing) round is a replacement for the standard grenade round used in the M41A's underslung grenade launcher. Capable of penetrating 7cm of steel this round is extremely useful against 'hard' targets.
Under slung grenade launcher (Requires Pulse Rifle):

Effect: + 2 Ranged Attack,

357 Magnum Revolver:

Description:  Any marine who’s ever seen combat can attest to the near uselessness of the M4A3 with this in mind many NCO’s choose to carry ‘non-uniform’ side arms which are able to prove useful in close quarters as well as at range.

Effect:  +2 Ranged attack, +2 Attack

Advanced Communications Gear:

Description:  The communication between a platoon’s NCO and Officer is vital, with this in mind Platoon Sergeants are granted access to better radio communications gear.

Effect:  Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment regardless of location, Advanced Communications Gear signals cannot be jammed allowing the Sergeant to always hear who is talking to him/her and who he/she is talking to to always hear him/her. 

Cost:4

Heavy Anti-Personal Rounds(Requires Pulse Rifle) :

Description:  VERY non-standard rounds, currently considered contraband by the USMC due to the fact that there is currently a case being made in Geneva by several governments to make them a breach in the rules of combat.

Effect:  +2 Ranged Attack

Squad Synthetic Exclusive Equipment

Synthetic Body (Must Have):

Description:  Manufactured rather than born, synthetics can be looked at with both pity and envy, their programming forcing them to wish to be human, while their bodies are far superior in almost every way. They are stronger, faster, and tougher than will ever be humanly possible.

Effect:  +2 Health, +2 Attack, +2 Agility, Aliens will ignor him/her unless he/she attacks them.

Advanced Motor Skill Upgrades:

Description:  Further upgrades to a synthetic’s body, these upgrades are focused on increasing said synthetic’s movement speed far beyond human capabilities.

Effect:  +2 Accuracy, +2 Agility

Modular Construction:

Description:  Further upgrades to a synthetic’s body, these upgrades are focused on increasing said synthetic’s survivability far beyond what any human can achieve.

Effect:  +2 Health, +3 Defense, synthetic is capable of initiating self repair when not under attack allowing him/her to recover up to half of their maximum health regardless of their current health.

Guerilla Warfare Upgrade:
Description:  Further upgrades to a synthetic’s body, these upgrades are focused on turning a synthetic into a warrior capable of spotting and surprising his enemies with minimal effort.

Effect:  +4 Stealth, +4 Perception, Synthetic possesses an on board motion tracker, allowing him/her to detect movement without sacrificing stealth.

Flame Retardant Treatment
Description: Upgrades added during a  synthetic's original construction process. The synthetic's "skin" I coated several times over with flame retardant chemicals in order to allow it a substantial measure of protection against flames and heat.

Effect: Flame based attacks deal 1/2 normal damage

Electronic Warfare Package
The modern battlefield is one filled with a plethora of advanced technology. And to meet the challenges that this fact represents several suppliers of synthetics offer an electronic warfare package. Integrated equipment allows the synthetic to not only be protected from nearly all forms of anti-mechanical  weapons but also allows said synthetic to preform several functions which allow it to disable the technology of its enemies.

Effect: EMP weapons, and electricity based attacks have no effect on the synthetic, Synthetic is able to jam its enemies motion detectors and communications

Cost: 3

Construction & Repair Programming
The usefulness of a mechanic on the battlefield cannot be understated. With soldiers relying on several forms of technology, a squad containing someone who knows how to repair and rebuild said technology will almost always preform much better than one which does not.

Effect: They synthetic is able analyze use and repair any equipment it comes across on the battlefield regardless of said equipment's requirements, Synthetic will have access to several unique opportunities to construct new equipment or modify the squad's existing equipment

UA-571C Sentry Gun:

Description:  The sentry gun is the end all be all in automated defense systems, armed with a heavy machine gun, onboard motion tracker, infra red detection, and a “Smart Shot” targeting computer the sentry gun will find its target, and it will not miss. But all these abilities come at a heavy cost, the sentry gun weighs in at several hundred pounds over what would be humanly possible to carry, as such when deployed they are paired with a synthetic tasked with transporting and carrying the weapon.

Effect:  +3 Ranged Attack when deployed, +2 Accuracy when deployed, +1 Perception when deployed, -2 Agility at all times, Can only be deployed, transported, and programmed  by a synthetic, is immobile unless being carried while un-deployed by a synthetic. 

Smart Gunner Exclusive Equipment

M56 Smart Gun (Must Have):

Description:

The standard machine gun of the USMC. Despite the fact that the weapon weighs nearly 40 pounds, it can be easily carried and operated with the assistance of a servo-controlled harness. It is called a "smart gun" because the weapons fire is guided by an infrared tracking system on top of the gun's barrel and on a head-mounted goggle system, guided by a targeting processor in the harness. When a target is designated by the tracking system, the harness automatically guides the operator and gun to the target. Switching targets is as simple as pointing the gun's barrel at a new target. The gun can fire in a three round burst or in fully automatic

Effect:  +5 Ranged attack + 3 Accuracy, +1 Perception

Radioactive Ammunition:

Description: 
Recently approved for anti-terrorism operations, after a military tribunal’s decision that those who would target innocents do not deserve protection under the rules of war, using self contained radioactive slugs which shatter upon penetrating their target, the smart gun is able to cause wounds that slow down, and inevitably kill their victim without near instant medical care. Some marines have expressed hesitation to using radioactive rounds, claiming them to be ‘bad juju’

Effect:  +3 Ranged Attack,  -1 Luck

E5 Advanced Targeting Lens:

Description: 
A lens fitted over the Smart Gunner’s eye it replaces the standard targeting lens and allows for the Smart Gunner to prioritize targets, as well as achieve quicker response times from his/her weapon.

Effect:  +1 Accuracy, +1 Perception

Continuous Cycling Barrel:

Description: 

Studys have shown that due to a maximum in human reaction speeds there exists a 1-1.5 second 'window' between when a Smart Gunner will spot a target and decide to open fire, and when the first round leaves the Smart Gun after the barrel has had time to cycle up. To counteract this a continuously cycling barrel system can be used.

Effect:  +1 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Lightened Frame:
The average Smartgun weighs in excess of 40lbs, even with a sevo-assisted harness this can prove to be quite a burden for the weapon's operator. As such newer production runs of the Smartgun have been constructed out of more advanced alloys which offer a lighter weight to mass ratio while still maintaining the weapon's toughness.

Effect: +1 Agility

Polymer Chest Plate
Smartgunners normally come under more fire than other marines, this is simply because of the enemy's tendency to focus their fire on the one with the biggest gun. In order to compensate for this USCM command has begun issuing new polymer chest plates to smartgunners in the hopes that the added protection will help cut down on casualties.

Effect: +2 Defense, -1 Agility

Magnetic Velocity Enhancer
The relatively light caliber of the smartgun's rounds has caused many members of USCM command to question whether a new round need be designed and produced. The costs of the associated re-fitting and re-supplying, to get these rounds into the field would be quite considerable. In order to avoid these costs Marine Command is experimenting with using magnetic coils built into the smartgun's barrel to accelerate the weapon's rounds even further before they exit the weapon. Hopes are high that this will offer the smartgun greater punching power at a much lower monetary cost.

Effect: -2 to Enemy Defense stat

Rear View Mirror:

Description: 
Taken from a bike, a car, a bathroom, or a barbershop, a Smart Gunner's rear view mirror is exactly what it sounds like a mirror the smart gunner can use to make sure nothing is sneaking up behind him/her rather than having to turn around with his/her heavy harness

Effect:  +1 Perception,

Flamethrower Man Exclusive Equipment

M240B Flamethrower(Required):

Description: 
The M240 Incinerator Unit is a lightweight, carbine-style flamethrower which uses a pressurized ultra-thickened napthal fuel. The M240 Incinerator Unit can be supplied either through canisters or a direct mains supply.

Effect:   +3 Attack, +2 Ranged Attack

Range Reactive Nozzle: (Flamethrower):

Description: 
A targeting system for the M240 Incinerator Unit, using a laser sight the M240 is able to measure the distance between its barrel and the target. The M240 responds by either expanding or contracting its flame nozzle, allowing it to project either a tight stream of flame or a wall of fire depending on which which will be more effective.

Effect:  +2 Attack, +1 Ranged Attack

M119 Ape Suit(Replaces All Other Armor if Equipped):

Description: 
The standard armor for a squad’s flame thrower man, it is capable of protecting its wearer from the M240’s flames as well as any other flames. The suit itself is completely sealed with a smooth, re-enforced faceplate.

Effect:  +1 Health, +3 Defense, Provides immunity to flame based attacks, Provides immunity to Facehugger attacks.

M120 N.B.C. Warfare Kit(Requires Ape Suit):

Description: 

An upgrade The standard armor for a squad’s flame thrower man, with the realization that any battle involving flame throwers will most likely involve chemical warfare the Nuclear Biological Chemical Warfare Kit offers protection from almost all forms of non-standard attack.

Effect: Provides immunity to acid based attacks

Powered Joints(Requires Ape Suit):

Description: 

An upgrade The standard armor for a squad’s flame thrower man, mechanical motors are built into the joints of his/her suit allowing him/her to move with a before unknown level of grace for a heavy weapons specialist.

Effect: +2 Agility

Thermite-Plasma Remix
The replacement of the M240's napthal fuel with the currently top secret chemical substance known as Thermite-Plasma. Developed as part of the Chigusa Corporation's "Prometheus Tech" advanced weapons line, Thermite-Plasma offers a much hotter burn heat than napthal with no known drawbacks.

Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Ranged Attack

White Phosphorous Injection
Commonly used in incendiary grenades white phosphorous can also be added to flamethrower fuel. When a flamethrower that has had white phosphorous fires it not only projects flames but also tiny burning pieces of white phosphorous. Each one of these tiny pieces lets off extreme amounts of heat at levels so high that even those normally shielded from flame attacks are damaged.

Effect: Enemies who would normally be resistant to flame attacks are not resistant to the marine's flamethrower

Kinetic Dampeners (Requires Ape Suit)
An upgrade for the standard armor for a squad’s flame thrower man, kinetic dampening systems are built into the suit in order to allow the marine to have much more stable footing even when faced with forces that would normally knock them from their feet.

Effect: Attacks that would normally knock the flamethrower marine onto the ground no longer do so with the exception of extreme cases

Squad Member Exclusive Equipment:

Shoulder Born Flashlight:

Description: 

A simple flashlight placed on the shoulder pads of an infantry man's armor, allowing him/her to make the dark a little easier to see in.

Effect: +2 Perception

Combat Stims:

Description: 

A set of stimulants issued to marines to be taken at their own discretion, these drugs increase their physical abilities for a short period of time with not immediate adverse effects, though they have been known to be habit forming.

Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Agility, +1 Accuracy, +1 Health

A45 Auto Ammunition Selector:
Description: 

With the creation and manufacture of several various types of ammo for the M41A the A45 was designed, using a mini computer the A45 determines the best type of ammunition to use against a targeted foe and loads said ammunition into the M41A.

Effect: +1 Ranged Attack, +1 Intelligence, +1 Luck

Cost:4

Anti- Armor Ammunition (Requires Ammo Selector):
Description: 

A M41A round type designed to penetrate heavy armor.

Effect: +2 Ranged Attack when facing a 'boss' opponent

Explosive-Tipped Ammunition (Requires Ammo Selector):

Description: 

A M41A round type designed cause maximum damage to enemies while destroying any protection they may be hiding behind.

Effect: Attacks have a 50% chance of lowering enemies defense stat by 1 point when facing "boss" opponents.

Hollow Points (Requires Ammo Selector):
Description: 
A M41A round type designed to cause maximum damage against lighter armored foes.

Effect: +2 Ranged Attack when fighting any opponents other than 'bosses'

Lucky Round:

Description: 

It is common practice within the USMC for marines to save the casing of the very first round they fire with their issued rifle, the casing is said to bring good luck when it is needed most.

Effect: +2 Luck

Stun Grenades:

Description: 

Specialty grenade used to stun an opponent with a flash of light and a loud concussive bang, causing temporary blindness, deafness, and disorientation. A bit more complicated to use than the average grenade they have been known to allow marines to clear an entire room without taking any fire at all.

Effect:  +1 Intelligence, lowers enemies Agility by 1,  Has a 50% chance of  permanently lowering a 'boss' opponent's Perception, and Accuracy

Demolition Charges:

Description: 

Charges used to destroy walls, doors, and in large enough ammounts buildings, they can prove a useful tool to a group of marines who need to make a new 'door'

Effect: +2 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

Medic Training:

Description: 

Medic Training is optional for all marines, it means an extra 3 weeks of boot camp, but in exchange it teaches them how to keep themselves and their squad mates alive. Official USMC policy is to HIGHLY ENCOURAGE all recruits to sign up for medic training.

Effect: +1 Health, +1 Defense, +1 Health added to all marines involved with any enemy encounter when medic trained marine is present.

Flare
A small chemical torch used to light up dark areas.

Effect: When used all USCM characters have perfect perception while in the area where the Flare was dropped,  One time use only, purchasing multiple flares does not change it's one time use status.

M5 RPG
The M5 RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) is shoulder launched reloadable anti-armor weapon, while low tech compared to most other ant-armor weapons, its small size and light weight make it perfect for small infantry squads.

Effect: Allows for a 1 time Ranged Attack with a power of 30

Cost: 4

Spare RPG Round(s)
Extra rocket grenades for the M5 RPG.

Effect:  Each one allows the weapon to be used  one more time.

Cost: 1(Each, I.E. 3 rockets will carry a total cost of 3)

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

I simply *loved* playing Senjo before and would like to again. Would she fit in here? If she would we'd need to work out a backstory for her survival on "Jackie's Hope". Please let me know.

Urbanzorro

She would fit in just fine ;D Go ahead and send me a message when you're able to talk about it ;)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Perhaps you could message me with how you think she got off "Jackie's Hope". Or would we say this game is set before the previous one?

Crovonovin

Hello Urbanzorro, hello Haibane!  It just so happens that I'm edging my way back into the roleplaying scene here on Elliquiy just in time to catch this game from the start.  I enjoyed my (brief) involvement in the original game, and feel that I may have an easier time participating this time around with a character of my own design, rather than jumping into the middle of things to abruptly. 

I'd love to take up the "Flamethrower Man" position of Squad 1 if someone hasn't already leaped upon it behind the scenes.

Urbanzorro

Its still open go ahead and post up a character ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Aiden

I'd be interested, like Haibane, I would want to bring back my character from the previous game. I like the idea of knowing what is out there and showing a bunch of "fresh" marines what to expect. I would not mind being a "Merc" who formerly served with the UNSC and was hired (and paid well) to "help" with this mission. I am open, but I am also willing to come back as the Squad leader.

The game before this one was good, I just think we need to make sure it does not pace as slow because I think that is what caused it to idle and eventually die.

I shouldn't be doing this, I have plenty of games but damn this setting and being so freaking similar to Starcraft! 

Haibane

Oooh, the old squad is assembling! Should be awesome.

Having talked via PMs with Urban I have decided to play the platoon synthetic again, re-using my previous Senjo character - we have hashed out some behind the scenes storyline about her survival of the previous mission but all that will (or might not) be revealed IC.

Ebb

This looks interesting. I'd like to sign on as a newbie Squad Member, probably with field medic training.

Do you have a link to the older roleplay so we can get an idea for how the game went? OOC, of course.

Urbanzorro

Aiden, when you have the time please pm me and I'll give you a rundown on the events that took place after the death of the previous game

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ebb

Name:   Cooper            

Position in platoon/rank:   Squad Member            

Personal history:   Private Ed Cooper was an average kid, not a standout in school, not a troublemaker. For kids in his small town in Nebraska, you either were smart enough to go to college, dumb enough to get a manual labor job and hope you weren't replaced by a robot, or you joined the military. Cooper and a bunch of his buddies picked the third option, but he was the only one to bull his way through boot camp and come out whole on the other side. Except for training exercises he's never been off-planet. He's got a romanticized view of what combat is like, but he's no hero - he's here to help the heroes out. Cooper bears a certain amount of resentment for 'college boys'.      

Stats Before Equipment:      
Health:10
Attack:5
Ranged Attack:0   
Accuracy:4
Agility:5
Intelligence:4
Defense:6
Perception:4
Stealth:5
Luck:7

Kit:               
Combat Stims:   +1 Attack, +1 Agility, +1 Accuracy, +1 Health
Lucky Round:   +2 Luck
M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor:   + 1 Health, +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks
M41A Pulse Rifle:   +3 Ranged Attack
Medic Training:   +1 Health, +1 Defense, +1 Health added to all marines involved with any enemy encounter when medic trained marine is present.
MS3 Medical Kit:   +2 Health
Shoulder Born Flashlight:   +2 Perception
Under slung grenade launcher (Requires Pulse Rifle):   +2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Stats After Equipment:               
Health:15
Attack:6
Ranged Attack:5
Accuracy:5
Agility:6
Intelligence:4
Defense:10
Perception:6
Stealth:4
Luck:9

Kevben Battleheart

You just keep coming up with games that are catching my interest Urban.  ;D If you don't mind, I shall join this one as well.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Urbanzorro

Don't mind at all ;D

Also, looks good so far Ebb

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ebb

Thanks. Other than a picture, let me know if you need anything else.

Also, the equipment list is missing a cost for Flares. I assume 1.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

I'd be interested in the platoon's smart gunner, if it's still open.  probably won't be able to get a character profile up till tomorrow though.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Urbanzorro

It is open, feel free to begin working on a character.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

Blast, lol, and here I was hoping to be the Smart Gunner. No matter, there's other options to choose from. Might be the Sergeant or Squad Leader if no one else chooses them.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Urbanzorro

I've got the previous game's Squad Leader interested in taking up his old character, but the Sargent is still open ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

Aiden

Name: "Tychus" Tiberius "Caesar" Mengsk

Position in platoon/rank: Platoon Leader

<<<<<DOCUMENTS CLASSIFIED>>>>
Personal history:
Despite having a father high in the ranks of the USMC, the discipline the man brought down on his son only reaped rebellion. Tiberius did everything in his power to be a rail spike in his father's side from the day he could form a cohesive sentence. The music, the piercings, the tattoos his behavior in general against all figures of authority brought a shame to the highly respective man who had been known to break and mold some of the most respected men in the core.

It was when the boy began his transformation into a young man and began to truly follow the path of a future convict that forced Tiberius's father take drastic actions. A few days past his seventeenth birthday he kidnapped his own son and had him sent off to boot. It took two years to beat the rebellion out of him but to his surprise, Tiberius took to the life of a solider so well he pulled strings and had him sent off to West Point.

Tiberius seemed out of place in a class room but in his element with the mantle of command on his shoulders. On mission he is cunning and ruthless, brutal against his enemy and cold to his squad members but it is so they all live to see another day. The rebellious nature that is instinct to him still surfaces from time to time, he would go off orders if it meant saving the life of those who trust him with their lives. The higher ups (as far as he is concerned) have no idea what it is like in the trenches and until they are fighting along side him (like he does with his unit) they can drop dead as far as he is concerned. During off-times he is a different person, he smiles and jokes around despite whatever grim choices and realities they will have to face the next day.

Tychus has been assigned this new mission after replacing the last CO, nothing is known about him but it is rumored that despite his body he was a bench warmer up at high command somewhere. His father is the star of that family but not much else is known of the man who goes by the name "Tychus".

Kit:
m33 shotgun   Full auto     
+5 attack, -2 ranged

M190 Key Personnel Body
+2 health, +4 defense

West point ring
+1 int, +1 Stealth, +1 Perception

Ultimate badass! State of the badass art!
+2 Attack, +2 Ranged Attack, -1 Intelligence

Fragmentation Grenade:
+1 to Ranged Attack, +1 Luck, -1 Stealth

M557 APC w/ Door guns
+5 Defense when in use, +4 Ranged Attack when in use, +4 Perception when in use,  +3 Intelligence when in use, -6 Stealth
Door Guns-
+3 Ranged Attack per manned weapon(total of +9)

Stats - Base (equipped)

Health: 13(15)
Attack: 3(10)
Ranged Attack: 1
Accuracy: 3 (5)
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 7(8)
Defense: 6(10)
Perception: 7 (8)
Stealth: 3 (3)
Luck:  3 (4)

CmdrRenegade

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Xenolord

Heeeeey... by any chance are you looking for a player to be an Alien?

If not, I'm still interested. Just wondering.

Aiden

Urbanzorro

QuoteHeeeeey... by any chance are you looking for a player to be an Alien?

If not, I'm still interested. Just wondering.

Sadly no, there isn't any opportunities to play a xenomorph, though I am glad you're still interested.

@CmdrRenegade
QuoteAm I too late to bring back my Seargeant?
I'm not going to step in and make a definitive decision I think it would be better if you and Kevben Battleheart talk it out between yourselves. If you guy's can't agree (which I doubt will happen given I've found you each to be nothing if not agreeable and courteous) then I'll step in ;D.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

Nahhh, no discussion will be needed. I shall back away from the position and instead make a normal squad member, unless enough members join, then I shall be the Sergeant for Squad 3. And as I said with Kuroneko, there definantly is enough badassery to go around.

Michael Corvus

I'd be interested in bringing Rome back to play, but I see someone else has already spoken for his smart gunner position.  Thoughts?
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Xenolord

*Cry*

Anyhow... I think I'd like to take up the rank of a new squad member, either another gun, or an electronics expert, if you have need of one. Here's teh character sheet.

Image: Reference Picture.

Name: Arca Fields

Position in platoon/rank: Squad Member (or) Electronics Expert

Personal history: Arca joined the USCM when she was 20, fresh out of the academy. Though her chosen field is electronics, she has not shied away from combat training. While not the most accurate member of the squad, she is no chump with pistol or rifle, and isn't afraid to defend herself, or others. Volunteering for the LV-6329 Expedition, Arca hopes to lend her talents to her new squad, as well as hoping to survive.

Stats Before Equipment:
-Health: 8
-Attack: 3
-Ranged Attack
-Accuarcy: 3
-Agility: 4
-Intelligence: 9
-Defense: 3
-Perception: 8
-Stealth: 8
-Luck: 4

Kit: Combat Knife; M4A3 Pistol; M10 Pattern Ballistic Armor; XV35 Motion Tracker; Shoulder-Borne Flashlight; Flares (5); Lucky Round; M41A Pulse Rifle; Under slung Grenade Launcher

Stats After Equipment:
-Health: 9 (8+1)
-Attack: 5 (3+2)
-Ranged Attack: 5 (From Pulse Rifle and Grenade Launcher)
-Accuracy: 4 (3+1)
-Agility: 4
-Intelligence: 9
-Defense: 5 (3+2)
-Perception: 12 (8+4)
-Stealth: 7 (8-1)
-Luck: 6 (4+2)

I wasn't sure how Ranged Attack panned out, so I bs'd it. Hope it's right.

Urbanzorro

@ Everyone: I'm going to work out a little roster to see just who we have where, It should be up in a min or two ;D Then I'll decide if we have grounds for a 2nd player character squad.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

Character Sheet

Image:

Name: Riska Danko

Position in platoon/rank: Smart Gunner/Gunnery Sargeant (E7)

Personal history: Riska is the youngest of five siblings and the only daughter in a career marine family.  With three of her four brothers in the Corps and her father highly placed in the enlisted ranks, it was only natural for her to join up as well.  Her natural ability with guns of all kinds brought her first to the sharpshooter and sniper ranks where she excelled in long-range weapons and target accuracy and then to the point gunner position in the platoon. She not only uses the weapons well, she understands how they work, how to take them apart, put them back together and how to repair or modify them when needed. 

Tall, strong, ahtletic and physically fit, Riska is always aware that as a gunner she is filling a role usually taken by a man, but long ago decided that she has already proven herself better than most other gunners, men included.  So now, she simply doesn't take any shit.  Growing up with four brothers taught her more than enough hand to hand skills to prove she has a right to her place in the platoon.  Seeing plenty of combat has made her cool under pressure, reliable and shown she's damn good at her job.  Besides, she gets to shoot the big gun and blow shit up.  What's not to like?   Loyal to her fellow marines, she always does her best to work with the other platoon members, and to cover their asses. However, lack of committment or stupidity on the part of her teammates makes her a bit twitchy. Riska gives 110% at all times, and expects the same from everyone around her.

Stats Before Equipment:

Health: 13

Attack:  4

Ranged Attack: 0

Accuracy: 5

Agility: 5

Intelligence: 7

Defense: 4

Perception: 3

Stealth: 5

Luck: 4

Kit:

M56 Smart Gun
Effect:  +5 Ranged attack + 3 Accuracy, +1 Perception

E5 Advanced Targeting Lens
Effect:  +1 Accuracy, +1 Perception

Continuous Cycling Barrel
Effect:  +1 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Radioactive Ammunition
Effect:  +3 Ranged Attack,  -1 Luck

Lightened Frame
Effect: +1 Agility

Polymer Chest Plate
Effect: +2 Defense, -1 Agility

Rear View Mirror
Effect:  +1 Perception

M111 Combat Helmet
Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.

Side Mounted Helmet Camera (Requires Helmet):
Description:  A side mounted camera for the M111 Helmet, it provides a constant feed to the platoon's officer, allowing him/her to evaluate the tactical situation of every member of his/her squad.   

Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor
Effect: + 1 Health +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.

M4A3 Pistol
Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy

Stats After Equipment: 

Health: 14

Attack:  5

Ranged Attack: 9

Accuracy: 10

Intelligence: 9 (+2 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event)

Defense: 10 (Defense stat is immune to acid attacks)

Perception: 7

Stealth: 4

Luck: 3

Edit: switched out the combat knife for the helmet mounted camera and adjusted stats accordingly

Urbanzorro

Ok here's the roster as is so far.

1st Squad(Required)
3rd Squad Leader: Aiden (Mengsk)
3rd Squad's Sergeant: Cmdr Renegade (O'Shay)
1st Squad Smart Gunner:Kuroneko (Riska Danko)
1st Squad Flamethrower Man: Shihong(Character Name TBA)
1st Squad Member Ebb(Cooper)
1st Squad Member Kevben Battleheart (character Name TBA)
1st Squad Member XenoLord (Arca )
3rdSquad Synthetic: Haibane (Senjo)

3rd Squad (Optional)
3rd Squad Leader:
3rd Squad's Sergeant:
3rd Squad Smart Gunner: Michael Corvus (Rome)
3rd Squad Flamethrower Man:
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Member
3rd Squad Synthetic

As you can see we actually have 1st squad filled up already, which is very surprising considering how short an amount of time this interest check has been up for. SO I'm going to go ahead and open up 3rd squad. BUT each player will, for now at least, only be allowed 1 character. So if you'd like to switch to a position in 3rd squad please say so now and I'll switch you on my roster ;D Also 3rd squad doesn't need to be 100% filled before we start the game. It can be, but given some of my plans it doesn't need to be >:)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Image:

Name: Michael "Sarge" O'Shay

Position/ Rank: Platoon SGT/Master SGT

Personal History:  A Corp lifer, he doesn't know or want to know much else.  He's seen enough war and death to help him stay cool under pressure.  He tolerates no weakness in his men or in himself, but those who meet that standard see he has their best interest at heart.  He gets the job done and tries to bring home as many of his people as he can. 

Stats Before Equipment

Health: 10
Attack: 5
Accuracy: 6
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 6
Defense: 5
Perception: 5
Luck: 5

Primary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle with Heavy Anti-Personnel Rounds
Armor: M12 Pattern Advanced Personnel Armor
Kit:
   -M111 Combat Helmet
   -Side Mounted Helmet Camera
   -XV35 Motion Tracker
   -Stogie
   -.357 Magnum
   -Advanced Communications Gear

Stats After Equipment

Attack: 7
Ranged Attack: 9
Intelligence: 6  (8 when major outcome being decided)
Defense: 9
Stealth: 3
Luck: 8
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Urbanzorro

@Aiden, Cmdr Renegade, Kuroneko, and Ebb Characters Approved

@XenoLord You've only used 11 of your 20 Kit points, are you sure you wish to do this? Given that your pistol adds to your Attack and not Ranged Attack you currently have a Ranged Attack of zero.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

Awesome!  And now I must to bed.  Looking forward to starting the game  :D

Michael Corvus

Awww.... Rome got moved out of 1st squad and separated from the gang. :( Ah well,  he's a one man wrecking crew anyway. As Rome would say, "Bring it on baby! This shit builds your immune system! WOOO!"
The Oath of The Drake

Urbanzorro

Also it should be noted that the squad break up listed is not necessarily how the squads will be divided i.e. just because you're in 1st squad on my lil chart right now doesn't mean you'll be in it IC. I'll divide it as best fits the plot, right now this chart is just so that people can know what is and isn't open ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Hi Urban, the backstory we agreed on to cover Senjo's return is now redundant I think because most of Kilo Platoon under Mengsk survived "Jackie's Hope" so we need to rethink what happened on LV-1875.

Perhaps they were just lifted out once the computers determined the colonists were all dead and Jane and the - uh - interesting lifeform we met (whom I shall call 'Bob') came out with them?

I'm not sure what else we can say happened seeing as so many of Kilo are around.

(You know, I did say to you that if you simply reopened Kilo Platoon again, we'd most likely all just play on!)

Xenolord

It was 12 by my count, but yes, I'm sure. There's nothing else in that listing that would fit an electronics expert, but other then that, yep, I'm good. If there's something else you can recommend, I'll certainly consider it.

Urbanzorro

Well I'd recommend a pulse rifle. Even electronics experts would have received rifle training and would have needed to qualify with it to finish boot camp. Just as in the real life USMC. Also A slight edit for your back story is needed. At this point in time the xenomorphs' existence, and the existence of other aliens for that matter,  is not common knowledge and as such only those who are very high up on the USCM command chain, those involved with xenomorph research or those who had had first hand experience would be the only ones to even know of their existence much less any real info on  how they fight/work/ect.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Aiden

Quote from: Haibane on April 08, 2011, 02:27:12 AM
Hi Urban, the backstory we agreed on to cover Senjo's return is now redundant I think because most of Kilo Platoon under Mengsk survived "Jackie's Hope" so we need to rethink what happened on LV-1875.

Perhaps they were just lifted out once the computers determined the colonists were all dead and Jane and the - uh - interesting lifeform we met (whom I shall call 'Bob') came out with them?

I'm not sure what else we can say happened seeing as so many of Kilo are around.

(You know, I did say to you that if you simply reopened Kilo Platoon again, we'd most likely all just play on!)

If there is a change like that then we need to take all the returning characters to a PM...since something happened to Ceaser that he ended up changing his name to "Tychus"

Kevben Battleheart

Image:Refrence Image

Name: Rohan Zhevara

Position in platoon/rank: Squad Member/Private First Class (PFC, E-3)

Personal history:

Stats Before Equipment:

Attack: 3
Accuracy: 9
Intelligence: 5
Luck: 6

Kit:

• M41A Pulse Rifle (5)
    Effect: +3 ranged attack
  • M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor (2)
    Effect: +1 health, +3 defense, and Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks
  • M111 Combat Helmet (1)
    Effect: +1 defense, +1 intelligence when major outcome being decided, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.
  • Side-Mounted Helmet Camera (1)
    Effect: +1 perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event
  • A45 Auto Ammunition Selector (4)
    Effect: +1 ranged attack, +1 intelligence, +1 luck
  • Anti-Armor Ammunition (2)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack when facing a "Boss" opponent
  • Explosive-Tipped Ammunition (2)
    Effect: Attacks have a 50% chance of lowering enemies defense stat by 1 point when facing "boss" opponents.
  • Hollow Points (2)
    Effect: +2 Ranged Attack when fighting any opponents other than 'bosses'
  • Lucky Round (1)
    Effect: +2 luck

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 11
Ranged Attack: 4 (6 when facing a 'Boss' opponent, 6 when fighting any opponent other than 'Bosses'
Accuracy: 9
Intelligence: 6 (8 when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Defense: 8
Perception: 8
Luck: 9

Tis a work in progress. I should be able to have a name and history built up for him later today.

Xenolord

Alrighties, I changed that stuff. Sorry for the confusion.

Urbanzorro

@Kevben Battleheart: Character Approved
@XenoLord: Character approved, and no apologies needed ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Zillah

I would love to play Yui again, if that's at all possible. :)

EDIT: I didn't realize the roster was virtually filled already! :( So just please keep me in mind if someone drops out, then.

Haibane

There are positions free in 3rd Squad, Z, darling. Yui could have moved around in the platoon as Rome seems to have done.

I'm sure Yui will love being in 3rd Sqd with Rome for company... such a refreshing conversationalist!

Urbanzorro

Lol, there's also the fact that I may mix up the squad rosters a bit, the ones up right now are just to show which slots are open i.e. how many marines, flamethrower men/women, smartgunners, ect are open.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Zillah

Okay, sounds good. :)

Then please, put Yui in one of the flamethrower slots.

Crovonovin

Image: [Unsuited]  [Ape Suit (Minus Gun)]

Name: Benjamin Mathias

Position in platoon/rank: Flamethrower

Personal history: [Under Construction]

Stats (With Equipment):

Health: 9 (10)

Attack:  3 (9)

Ranged Attack: (+5)

Agility: 4 (6)

Defense: 5 (8)

Luck: 10

Kit:

• M240B Flamethrower (5)
  • Range Reactive Nozzle: (Flamethrower) (3)
  • M119 Ape Suit (3)
  • M120 N.B.C. Warfare Kit (2)
  • Powered Joints (2)
  • Kinetic Dampeners (1)
  • Thermite-Plasma Remix (2)
  • M4A3 Pistol (2)

Athos

I'd be interested in playing a squad member in 3rd squad. Character sheet will be up for approval asap.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Urb, sweetie, you need to fix some typos in the squad lists - you've got '3rd' a few times where you mean '1st', plus Zillah wants to be flamergirlyui in 3rd squad.

Name: "Senjo" (Hitagi Senjogahara)
Age: 45 months (synthetic activated time) / 25 years (human physique)
Position in platoon/rank: Synthetic (Scout)
Personal history: Built MegaTech Synthetics 45 months ago as backup shell. Activated for USMC scientific, diagnostic and field support services 39 months ago and programmed with standard USMC combat, communications and tactical firmware and MegaTech BodyShell bioscience orientation and diagnostic software. Chassis is standard duralinium and carbon fibre monocoque subframe with military grade armour plating overlays and USMC approved MegaTech circulatory and sensory liquid-organics (colloquially known as 'white stuff' and crudely known on the mess deck as 'cum blood').
Assigned as squad synthetic to 1st Squad, Kilo Platoon, USMC 11 months ago and despatched aboard USS Mitchum to LV-1875 with 1st and 3rd Squads, Kilo Platoon 7 months ago to investigate loss of communications with colonists on mining outpost "Jackie's Hope" sixteen days previously. Result of operation: Classified. Current status of LV-1875: High radioactivity levels on surface; uninhabitable; access - Prohibited.
Chassis has received Modular Construct upgrade with SFR (Self Fix and Regulate) repair system.
Guerilla Warfare software programming install: Senjo is cleared for Platoon Scout operations.
Outer skin is Asiatic-Japanese Type IIIc TouchCoate biomanufactured from cloned tissue with experimental SoftZone(c) silicone-muscular-response coverings and internals.
Due to a personal quirk of her build team's lead programmer she has had English tonal voice drivers installed and speaks with a distinct middle-class British accent.
Hair colour: purple-black. Eye colour: Golden red. Height: 5' 10" Weight: 257 lbs (nominal operating mass)
SoftZone(c) response covering type A-VIIA-7c 'curvy'.

Platoon Status: Senjo was assigned to Kilo Platoon in Tac Training but remained aloof and alone, forming no friendships. She was able to form a brief close relationship with PFC Norton "Gizmo" Law before he became a casualty on LV-1875. Subsequent to the LV-1875 operation Senjo was withdrawn from operational status for reprogramming. She has been reassigned to Kilo again in the last 48 hours.

Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 13
Ranged Attack: N/A
Accuracy: 8
Defence: 4

Kit:
Synthetic Body: @ 5 points
Modular Construction Upgrade: @ 5 points
Guerilla Warfare Upgrade: @ 5 points (install comes with built-in XV-35 motion tracker)
Sentry Guns: @ 3 points
Custom installation of voice comms unit integral with the skull structure, and inbuilt head-cam via direct feed from eyes.
Primary Weapon: Paired installation of two UA-571C Sentry Guns (manually transported).
Secondary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle, no upgrades.

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 17 (aliens will ignore synthetics unless they attack)
Ranged Attack: 3 (UA-571C) 3 (M41A)
Accuracy: 10 for UA-571C guns, 8 for M41A
Agility: 7 (modified to 5 when transporting UA-571C)
Defence: 7 (can self repair when out of combat up to 50% of starting health)
Perception: 9 (modified to 10 to calculate UA-571C gunfire)
Stealth: 7

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please let me know if anything about the "Jackie's Hope" mission needs editing there. Note I've listed Gizmo (Miles Trent's character) as a casualty since he hasn't yet shown an interest in playing this game. Is that okay? If he shows up and chooses to play Gizmo again, I'll edit.

What of the other characters who are not in this game? Would they be casualties or just reassigned elsewhere?

Athos

Image:

Name: Marcus Jones

Position in platoon/rank: Squad member, Private First Class

Personal history: Marcus grew up an orphan, living on the streets and never knowing his parents. He spent most of his early childhood stealing food and huddling in doorways for warmth. As he grew older, he developed a taste for violence. He enjoyed the power he felt by hurting others and fear in their eyes. He also enjoyed the respect it garnered him with the local criminals and it wasn’t long before he was doing work for the local crime families. Fearless to a fault, Marcus cared nothing for pain or for getting away before the police arrived. At seventeen, he was convicted of murder and sentenced to serve thirty years. Eight years into his sentence he became aware of a program for inmates. The Marine Corps was looking to augment its numbers by offering convicts a chance to serve out their sentences as part of the Marines rather than in prison. Willing to take any risk just to get out of prison, Marcus applied and was accepted. Marcus is a loose cannon with a hair trigger temperament. He doesn’t particularly respond well to authority, but he makes up for it by being tough as nails and utterly fearless in combat. Despite this, he has a tendency to show some compassion for the underdog.

Stats Before Equipment:

Health: 16
Attack: 4
Accuracy: 4
Intelligence: 4
Defense: 6
Luck: 6

Kit:

M12 Advanced Personal Armor: (2)
+ 1 Health +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.

M41A Pulse Rifle: (5)
+ 3 Ranged Attack

M111 Combat Helmet: (1)
+1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.

Side Mounted Camera: (1)
+1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

Underslung Grenade Launcher: (3)
+ 2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth

Side Mounted Flame Caster: (3)
+ 2  Attack, -1 Perception

Shoulder Born Flashlight: (1)
+2 Perception

Lucky Round: (1)
+2 Luck

Combat Stims: (3)
+1 Attack, +1 Agility, +1 Accuracy, +1 Health

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 18
Attack: 7
Ranged Attack: 5
Intelligence: 4 (6 when deciding the outcome of major events)
Stealth: 2
Luck: 8

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Kuroneko

Mmmmm, Statham ... I think I've died and gone to heaven  ;D

Urbanzorro

@ Athos: Looks good ;D

@Everyone: Here's the squad charts with the split up of forces as it will be IC.

1st Squad(Required)
1st Squad Leader: NPC
1st Squad's Sergeant: Cmdr Renegade (O'Shay)
1st Squad Smart Gunner: Michael Corvus (Rome)
1st Squad Flamethrower Man:  Zillah
1st Squad Member: NPC
1st Squad Member Kevben Battleheart (character Name TBA)
1st Squad Member: NPC
1rdSquad Synthetic: Haibane (Senjo)

3rd Squad (Optional)
3rd Squad Leader: Aiden (Mengsk)
3rd Squad's Sergeant: Empty So far
3rd Squad Smart Gunner:Kuroneko (Riska Danko)
3rd Squad Flamethrower Man: Shihong(Benjamin Mathias )
3rd Squad Member: Athos (Marcus Jones)
3rd Squad Member: Ebb(Cooper)
3rd Squad Member: XenoLord (Arca )
3rd Squad Synthetic: Empty so far

With one exception, I'm trying to keep the new people in one squad and the ones from our previous game in another. That having been said our 'new' squad simply needs a synthetic and a Squad Leader to be ready to go. At which point the game will be able to start. Kevben, you had mentioned a desire to be a Sergaent. If you still have said desire it would help my plans for the story quite a bit for you to take up 3rd Squads empty Sergeant position, what do you say?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Crovonovin

If you didn't see it Urbanzorro, my character is at the bottom of the second page.  ;)

Kevben Battleheart

Yes I am indeed still interested  ;D (tis a bit giddy) I'll have a cs up for him here shortly.

Michael Corvus

Name: Roman "Rome" Beneke

Position/ Rank: Smartgunner / Lance Corporal

Personal History: 

Aside from informing everyone he meets that he earned his Class 2 civilian cargo handling license when he was 17 and that with just 2 more months of training he'll be officially qualified to operate the Caterpillar P-5000 Powered Work Loader, Rome doesn't talk about his past with anyone unless it's one of his infamous 'sexual conquests of Rome' stories. As far as anyone who doesn't have access to his personnel file knows, he has no family, no friends, and no life before the Corps.

Rome enlisted in the United States Colonial Marines at the age of 18 in an attempt to evade authorities after killing three men who made the unfortunate mistake of trying to separate Rome from his cash. He already had a few strikes on his record for aggravated assault and destruction of property but getting pinched for murder would result in either life in prison or execution, neither of which were options he was ready to accept. The Corps was the only logical conclusion he could come to.

He loved every second of basic training and excelled in specialized training, scoring top marks in unarmed combat and heavy weapons training. The Corps nurtured his rage and his primal instincts, molding him into a ruthless, fearless, efficient killing machine.

Nearly a year after enlisting in the Corps, Rome graduated from his MOS school as a smartgunner. His initial Permanent Duty Station (PDS) was to the 2nd Colonial Marine Brigade based at Titleman Station, L-1 Lucien-Avril system on Lacaille 8760 IV. Rome remained at this post for 2 1/2 years, earning promotions along the way.

As a fresh E-5 (Sergeant) of his own squad, Rome was expecting to finally get away from the bullshit guard duty and uneventful patrols. He wanted to see some action. However, when he realized it was just more of the same except with more responsibilities, he became increasingly restless and agitated. During training maneuvers, Rome compromised his leadership role by taking marines under his command off mission to an off-limits zone, scaring some of the local colonists and raising a little USCM hell in a local bar. He was charged with dereliction of duty, sentenced to 90 days in the brig and demoted to E-4 (Corporal.)

After he was released from the brig, he was reassigned to the 3rd Colonial Marine Division based at Kuat ASFB, Surier 430 in the Delta Pavonis IV system. He remained at this station for nearly a year. Once again, the lack of action, both militarily and personally, drove him to make some poor decisions. He was later accused of having sex with an 18 year old recruit who also happened to be the daughter of a Sgt. Maj. in his Regiment. Rome was charged with sodomy, conduct unbecoming, and unauthorized absence. He was busted to Pfc and sentenced 120 days in the brig. Upon his release he was reassigned to a front-line force, 5th Regiment, Charlie Company, Kilo Platoon, 1st Squad headquartered at Chinook 91 Geo-Synchronous Orbital (GSO) Station, Georgia 525 in the 70 Ophiuchi A V system. Since this last reassignment, he's been in the thick of one piece of action after another keeping him busy and out of trouble for the past 18 months. Shortly before departure on his current mission, Rome was promoted to Lance Corporal.

He is a loud mouthed, wide-eyed, and maniacal badass marine in combat. He follows orders without question or hesitation and he always gets the job done, regardless of the obstacles. His methods and behavior can be quite unorthodox most of the time, but he adapts and overcomes and he always gets the job done.

When the chips are on the table, Rome is all business but he takes every opportunity, even during a lull on hot missions, to stir things up a bit. His sarcastic sense of humor can often times creates tension among those unfamiliar with him, though among his squad mates his sarcasm is generally ignored, or they return his fire. Off duty, Rome is a prankster, always up to some sort of mischief. While he is fiercely loyal to his friends, with the exception of his fellow squad mates there are few he deems "friend." One of his mottoes is "The mission before the man," the other being "No one left behind.” On his last mission to LV-1875, people were left behind, which has had an effect Rome. He has a harder time controlling his rather more frequent outbursts of rage, and he has nightmares about fallen Kilo members who were left behind. Gizmo, Reaper, Widow; they were all dead, their bodies irretrievable. Rome had never left a man behind… until now.

Marine command ordered their silence on the events of LV-1875, but just to be safe have deployed Kilo to the far reaches of colonized space to ensure their secret remains intact.

Stats Before Equipment

Health: 14
Attack: 8
Accuracy: 3

Primary Weapon:
M56 Smartgun - Effect:  +5 Ranged attack + 3 Accuracy, +1 Perception
Continuous Cycling Barrel - Effect:  +1 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth
Magnetic Velocity Enhancer - Effect: -2 to Enemy Defense stat
Radioactive Ammo - Effect:  +3 Ranged Attack,  -1 Luck

Armor:
M12 Pattern Advanced Personnel Armor - Effect:+ 1 Health +3 Defense,
-Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.
Polymer Chest Plate - Effect: +2 Defense, -1 Agility
M111 Combat Helmet - Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence

Kit:
Rear View Mirror - Effect:  +1 Perception
E5 Targeting Lens - Effect:  +1 Accuracy, +1 Perception
Side Mounted Helmet Camera - Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

Stats After Equipment

Health: 15
Attack: 8
Ranged Attack: 9 (-2 to Enemy Defense stat)
Accuracy: 7
Intelligence: 6 (+2 when deciding the outcome of a major event)

Edit: Swapped out the motion tracker for the rear view mirror and adjusted the stats accordingly. Also reallocated stat points before equipment.
The Oath of The Drake

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Michael Corvus

O8) I'm glad to bring him back, Urby. He's fun to play.
The Oath of The Drake

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 12:59:41 PM
Mmmmm, Statham ... I think I've died and gone to heaven  ;D

Hehe, it's what I do. :P

Haibane

Yay! Rome is here. We're safe now.  ::)

I think he's the only character I've ever heard address an android as "Sweet cheeks".

Urbanzorro

Lol, true true. And we are actually quite close to having a good start up roster. We just need our last Sgt ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

He's in the process of being made as we speak my good sir  :D

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Haibane on April 09, 2011, 05:44:09 PM
Yay! Rome is here. We're safe now.  ::)

I think he's the only character I've ever heard address an android as "Sweet cheeks".

WELL... she does have a very nice ass! Whether or not she's real makes no nevermind to Rome. lol

Urban, if the other slots in 3rd Squad fill up and we have more people interested, would you be willing to fill the remainder of 1st squad with player character replacements? I have someone who may be interested but I don't know if they'd be up for playing an NCO or Synthetic.
The Oath of The Drake

Urbanzorro

Sure, I'm willing to ;D I honestly hadn't expected to get many more people but if some are interested feel free to tell um to come on down!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

Image: Refrence Image

Name: Arillo Amandil

Position in Platoon/Rank: Sergeant

Personal History: In Arillo's family, being in the armed service has been a tradition of sorts. His great-great grandfather was part of the Irish Army and his squad called themselves the Wild Geese and his father had been part of the US Army, so naturally Arillo would follow in the footsteps of the men of his family and so he decided to join the Marines. Being the cocky person that he was, Arillo thought that the Marines couldn't be any harder than what his father had been putting him through as he grew up, but quickly realized after basic began that what he had gone through before was a cakewalk compared to this, but preserver he did just as his father trained him. Soon, after all the weeks of intense and mind numbing training, he was one of the few who could proudly call himself a Marine. From then on he had been deployed on various missions, surgical strikes in hostile territory, taking down key enemies in terrorist groups and others that were classified. It was during one of the missions of removing a terrorist leader that Arillo lost his left eye. Something  had glanced across his eye but it was enough to cause him to permanently lose it, but that didn't deter him as he simply wore an eye patch and despite the missing eye, his aim never faltered and his attitude never changed, if only slightly.

Stats before equipment:

Health: 11
Defense: 5
Perception: 4

Kit:

• M41A Pulse Rifle (5)
    Effect: +3 ranged attack
  • Under-slung Grenade Launcher (3)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack, -1 stealth
  • M38 HEAP Rounds (2)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack
  • 357 Magnum Revovler (3)
    Effect: +2 ranged attack, +2 attack
  • M12 Pattern Personnel Armor (2)
    Effect: +1 health, +3 defense
  • M111 Combat Helmet (1)
    Effect: +1 defense, +1 intelligence when major outcome being decided
  • Advanced Communication Gear (4)

Stats after equipment:

Health: 12
Ranged attack: 9
Intelligence: 7 (8 when major outcome being decided)
Defense: 9
Perception: 4

And here is your second Sergeant, up and running except for his history. That will be following here shortly.

Urbanzorro

Kk, do you have a picture of him? But his stats look good. AND SO I shall begin working on the game's opening ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kevben Battleheart

You mean you can't see the image that I have for him? (insert choice curse here) alright, will fix that.

Edit: Ok, how about now? Does the link work?

Urbanzorro

Link works, image is good, character approved :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

The link is broken here :(

http://www.anime-online.tv/upload/pjs/c712d7568b6476b5b610466d60b17fb5.jpg

Nothing at that address at all.

Kevben Battleheart

BAH! Alright, another image then.

Edit: alright Hai, how does it work now? I can get it to work.

Kuroneko

The link always worked for me, and I could see the image when you imbedded it in your post as well.  Freaky internet and its glass candy.

Quote from: Athos on April 09, 2011, 04:41:15 PM
Hehe, it's what I do. :P

Yeaaaah, and he's gonna be distracting  :P

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 09:02:30 PM
The link always worked for me, and I could see the image when you imbedded it in your post as well.  Freaky internet and its glass candy.

Yeah, the internet and its shiny candy always screw up with me on occasion.

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 09:02:30 PM
Yeaaaah, and he's gonna be distracting  :P

Just remember to keep your gun pointed away from my gun. ;)

Kuroneko

Quote from: Athos on April 09, 2011, 09:43:42 PM

Heheheheheheh.  Will do.  Besides, she can think of better things to do with his gun.  ;)

CmdrRenegade

Kuroneko

Heh, those are awesome!  I loved when he cut through the wall, lol.

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 10:24:25 PM
Heheheheheheh.  Will do.  Besides, she can think of better things to do with his gun.  ;)

Cock it and pull it?

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on April 09, 2011, 10:42:27 PM
Just remember to think of this anytime Rome goes into character.  :D

Dude, awesome! First one is my favorite. Mommy don't let the bad man hurt us... LMAO!

Michael Corvus

Hells to the YEAAH, baby! WOOOOOOO!!! Rome is back mother fuckas and Ima kill all you bitch ass bugs... fuckin' dickheads!

hehe, sorry... couldn't resist.
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

Athos

Kuroneko

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Athos on April 09, 2011, 09:43:42 PM

This is my rifle! This is my gun! This is for fighting and this is for fun!
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

LMAO!  OMG, that's hilarious!  What, no picture of Stewie?   :P

Aiden

"Former" Mengsk- Lance Corporal Beneke! Will you repeat that inspiring song for all of squad 1 so they never forget! With a little heart next time!

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 11:13:40 PM
Win-win then, eh?   8-)

Abso-fucking-lutely. :D

Quote from: Michael Corvus on April 09, 2011, 11:18:00 PM
This is my rifle! This is my gun! This is for fighting and this is for fun!

LMAO! You are my hero.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Aiden on April 09, 2011, 11:21:22 PM
"Former" Mengsk- Lance Corporal Beneke! Will you repeat that inspiring song for all of squad 1 so they never forget! With a little heart next time!

YES LIEUTENANT!
This Is My Rifle. This Is My Gun

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than any enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit... My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will.... Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace.

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 09, 2011, 11:19:51 PM

LMAO!  OMG, that's hilarious!  What, no picture of Stewie?   :P

My bad!
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

Kuroneko

Hey UrbanZ, I had a question for you.

So, the previous squad has a history of working together, relationships, etc.  What about the new squad?  Are they recently thrown together, or have they been on missions together before?  And, if so, are we free to figure out how those characters relate to one another before we start?  Just curious.

Urbanzorro

I'll leave that up to you guys ;D with the one requirement that Aiden's character is new to the squad if you choose to have known one another.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

Aiden

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 12:00:53 PM
I'll leave that up to you guys ;D with the one requirement that Aiden's character is new to the squad if you choose to have known one another.

Yea, from what you all heard "Tychus" is a milksop of a CO who has been warming a bench all his career. Squad 3 will no otherwise (even if he does not remember them) but let him get on the field with you guys...

Ohh and former squad one,
We have an APC, FUCK YEA!
Fuck computers with up links to FATHER.

Kuroneko

WHOO HOO!  APC!  Ohhhhhh, yeaaaaaah!!!

Anyone else in squad three want to work out previous history? Or do we all want to be a new squad assigned to the mission?  I'm up for either.  ;D

Urbanzorro

QuoteOhh and former squad one,
We have an APC, FUCK YEA!
Fuck computers with up links to FATHER.

I seem to remember someone skimping on the APC last time :P

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

I think I recall someone trying to shanghai us an APC.

Urbanzorro

Lol I remember that as well, good for you that he didn't :P

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

I've been reading the previous thread, and it's a great read.  Well done, guys!  I'm really looking forward to this.  :D

Ebb

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2011, 12:23:01 PM

Anyone else in squad three want to work out previous history? Or do we all want to be a new squad assigned to the mission?  I'm up for either.  ;D

In general I think that shared history adds a lot to roleplay. But in this case I'm looking forward to playing someone just out of boot camp. So I'd encourage those of you with older characters to develop some ties, but I plan to be dropped into the deep end of the pool myself.

If the squad is an established one, I could be taking the slot of another guy who either got killed or injured in the line of duty. Or accidentally, for that matter.

Kuroneko

I agree that shared history adds a lot to the story.  It also sets up the squad as a group with establised trust or lack thereof both within themselves and in regards to the other squad. 

Replacing someone who was killed or injured is a great idea.  Poor Cooper.  Fresh out of training AND stepping into another guy's shoes, lol.

Aiden

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
Lol I remember that as well, good for you that he didn't :P

I am pretty sure you would have done something to take it out of the game early, all Gms are evil bastards like that. But also the uplink to father was cool but I never used it since it was kinda "cheap".

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Michael Corvus on April 09, 2011, 11:02:46 PM
Hells to the YEAAH, baby! WOOOOOOO!!! Rome is back mother fuckas and Ima kill all you bitch ass bugs... fuckin' dickheads!

hehe, sorry... couldn't resist.

"Good to have you back, Rome."

Kuroneko

Too bad we can't all have kick ass video intros, lol. 

Haibane

From what Urban said all the old Kilo people have full recollections of LV-1875, its just they've been shunted off to hell-hole outposts on the edge of nowhere with no-one to talk to about it, and told that if they do talk *makes gesture of finger drawn across throat*. So Mengsk should know everything, just like Yui, Rome, Sarge, etc.

Is that right Urban or did I misunderstand something?

Urbanzorro

Mengsk is a special case, as the Lt his de-brief was a lot more 'intense' and some aspects of his memories have been screwed about with because of it, i.e. their are gaps, false memories, ect. Though a good hard slap of truth/familiar faces may clear it up ;D   

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 04:35:27 PM
Though a good hard slap of truth/familiar faces may clear it up ;D
Rome!? Come here, we need you!

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2011, 12:23:01 PM

I'm down. I figure Marcus had been out of basic for about a year now, so it's likely he's formed some kind of relationship with some of the others. It really depends on what kind of action, or lack thereof, 3rd squad has seen up to this point.

Michael Corvus

The Oath of The Drake

Haibane

Try and keep up, dear. Mengsk's brain went awol and you need to remind him about all the fun and lovable psycopaths characters he knew in Kilo. I figured you were the best person to jog his memory.

Aiden

Or the inside of a Synthetic's throat...  ^-^

*cough*

Damn...that does feel like the real thing! -groan-

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Haibane on April 10, 2011, 05:57:33 PM
Try and keep up, dear. Mengsk's brain went awol and you need to remind him about all the fun and lovable psycopaths characters he knew in Kilo. I figured you were the best person to jog his memory.

"Oh... Right, Senjo." stomps over to Mengsk and slaps both big hands on his shoulders firmly, gripping and shaking him like he were trying to loose a stray coin from an old piggy bank. "El TEE! EL TEE! IT'S ME! ROME. WAKE THE FUCK UP AND QUIT ACTING LIKE A BITCH!" Still gripping Mengk's arms, he glances back over his shoulder at Senjo with an expectant grin. "How's that?"
The Oath of The Drake

Kuroneko

*falls down laughing* 

He's an officer AND a mariachi  8-)

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2011, 05:35:00 PM
Given that Marcus took a state sponsored enlistment to get out of prison, it might be good if he's proven he can be trusted when shit goes down.  Beyond his spectacular body, I mean  ::)

Or even better, if he he's proven the opposite and has earned the ire of the rest of the squad.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Athos on April 10, 2011, 09:58:45 PM
Or even better, if he he's proven the opposite and has earned the ire of the rest of the squad.

ACK!  I accidentally deleted that last post you quoted!  I'm a dork.

Up to you dude, he's your guy ;).  Riska's going to think he's hot either way >.>.  I mean, she's going to think he's a loose cannon that can't be trusted.  Yeah.  That's what I meant ...  ::)

Urbanzorro

The IC thread is up!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=103426.0

So is the OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=103427.0

I'll have a database/character thread up asap.

Also I'd like to announce we have one more player/character ;D

She will be played by Dragondancer and take up one of 1st squad's  'Squad member' slots currently held by the NPCs

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

WHOOT!  Just FYI - both of those links go to the OOC thread ;).

Dragondancer

Thanks, Urbanzorro for letting me slide in to the game at the last minute...

*waves hi to everyone*

I'm really looking forward to it!!  ;D

Dragondancer

Name: Angelina DeSilva

Position in platoon/rank: squad member/private

Personal history:  Rumored to be the daughter of an infamously brutal militia leader, the details of Angelina DeSilva’s life growing up in Columbia and her subsequent enlistment in the USMC are known only to her and those at military pay grades high enough to allow access to her classified files. Although new within the ranks of the U.S. military, it’s obvious by the way she carries herself and handles her weapons that she has garnered substantial experience somewhere.  Although she tends to be quietly observant, she does not shy away from confrontation - whether it be in battle or amongst egotistical personnel or rowdy civilians. Actions are what speak to Angelina, and she has no tolerance for BS or empty promises. For her trust is earned, and not simply given. Having seen more than her share of tragedy, pain and suffering in her life, she has come through whatever she’s endured mostly intact physically, mentally and emotionally.  Although her physical scars are healed and visible to any she may allow to get close enough to see them, her emotional scars are not as obvious even though they run much deeper.  She constantly battles internally to balance the two disparate sides of her personality; the serene, caring and loving woman and the ragingly violent killer. Fiercely loyal to those she allows inside her protective shell, Angelina is someone who gives as good as she gets.

Stats Before Equipment:

Attack:  5
Ranged Attack:
Agility: 7
Defense: 3
Stealth: 7
Luck: 3

Kit:

M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor (+1 Health, +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks)
M111 Combat Helmet (+1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Side Mounted Helmet Camera (+1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Shoulder Born Flashlight (+2 Perception)
Combat Knife (+1 Attack)
M41A Pulse Rifle (+3 Ranged Attack)
Under slung grenade launcher (+2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth)
Stun Grenade (+1 Intelligence, lowers enemies Agility by 1, has a 50% chance of permanently lowering a “boss” opponent’s Perception and Accuracy)
Lucky Round (+2 Luck)
Medic training (+1 Health, +1 Defense, +1 Health added to all marines involved with any enemy encounter when medic trained marine is present)

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 12
Attack: 6
Ranged Attack: 5
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 8
Defense: 8
Stealth: 6

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 12:00:53 PM
...with the one requirement that Aiden's character is new to the squad if you choose to have known one another.
At which point we need the obligatory:

Amandil: How many drops is this for you, Lieutenant?
Mengsk: Thirty eight... simulated.
Mathias: How many *combat* drops?
Mengsk: Uh, two. Including this one.
Cooper: Shit.
Danko: Oh, man...

EDIT: 1st sqd has no player leader, yes? What's the plan for that, will sarge take charge?

Kuroneko