Starfinder: dead suns

Started by Tamhansen, February 06, 2019, 12:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

I'm really wanting to scratch my itch for some fantasy in space. Therefore I want to run the Starfinder Dead suns adventure path. For simplicity's sake, I'd just like to use the core book and the AP itself as sources. Also, please use the core races provided in chapter 3.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Sarah Morgan

I'd be interested in this, if you get any more players.  I've not played Starfinder before, but I do have the rule book, so hopefully working out mechanics/character creation isn't too difficult.

Chanticleer

Also posting interest. I'm an old hand at PF, but SF is new to me.
My current O/os (need work)

Thorne

Might be interesting; I've got the rulebook, albeit I've not had a chance to play. >.>
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

lillisa

Muse

I'd love to play if you have room. 

Perhaps a Mystic (Star Shaman)?  I'm actually really flexible right now, the one character type I'm not itching to get more play out of is a Solarin, and that's just because i'm playing two off line 

Or something else that would fit the group dynamics.  With all the lady's applying, I suspect I'd get the most balance (and possibly romance?) with a male character? 

Ladies, would you get more eye candy (even romance?) out of a humanoid type, or would you prefer someone more exotic like a Verks or Kasatha? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tamhansen

Wow, that was more and quicker interest than I'd expected. I'd be looking at four or five people, and I have five applications for now, so that works swimmingly. What I would like to do, if everyone is okay with that, instead of everyone making a character separately, and just hoping it fits (Which can be fun in its own way) we make a character creation thread where we can discuss and assist each other to make a well rounded party. It might be especially useful with those less familiar with the system.

What do you think?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Sarah Morgan

I'd be fine with a separate creation thread.  As for the romance angle, I personally would prefer someone more human in appearance.  I'll need some time to look over the rules and the different races, but I've wanted to try out this game in one form or other since I heard about it, so I've been curious about it for a while.  I just never had opportunity to play it before.

Grizzly

I'd be interested in joining, if there is still room.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Chanticleer

Character creation thread sounds like a good idea, yes.
My current O/os (need work)

Thorne

Yes. A character creation thread is definitely a good idea. We should do this. *sage nod*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups