USS McNair - TNG based RP - Looking for Chief Counselor

Started by HockeyGod, September 13, 2010, 07:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

-=/\=- Hailing Frequencies Open -=/\=-

We're recruiting junior officers.

The game will be most likely placed in the light section.

You need to be comfortable with all sexualities to play in this RP. You won't ever be forced into a situation that would make you uncomfortable, but others around you may enjoy experiencing various scenarios you may not enjoy.

Pixilicious

Since you so nicely mentioned it...I'll give it a go. :)
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

HockeyGod

Quote from: Pixilicious on September 13, 2010, 09:22:26 PM
Since you so nicely mentioned it...I'll give it a go. :)

We have one interested! Two does not a ship make, LOL!

Kip

I'm really roleplay light at the moment (*eyes Pixi warily*)

but....

1) Star Trek
2) Pix and Alx
3) increasing free time

ummm..
errr...

*quickly scribbles his name down, hands it to alx and runs*

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

HockeyGod

Quote from: Kip on September 13, 2010, 09:25:09 PM

but....

1) Star Trek
2) Pix and Alx
3) increasing free time

ummm..
errr...

*squees*

I have the perfect position!....Captain's Yeoman.  >:)

Pixilicious

Quote from: Kip on September 13, 2010, 09:25:09 PM

but....

1) Star Trek
2) Pix and Alx
3) increasing free time

ummm..
errr...

*hijacks the thread for a moment to eye her Husband warily back*  Yes, dear?  *ends the hijack of the thread, waving to Alx as she runs out*

Barnbean

Im always up for some Trek, though writing in a game with Alx? Hmm...

HockeyGod

Quote from: Barnbean on September 13, 2010, 09:29:51 PM
Im always up for some Trek, though writing in a game with Alx? Hmm...

Um...you had no choice in the matter...Pixi and I...Barnbean's gonna be dragged into it willingly or not!

Kip

Quote from: Pixilicious on September 13, 2010, 09:28:37 PM
*hijacks the thread for a moment to eye her Husband warily back*  Yes, dear?  *ends the hijack of the thread, waving to Alx as she runs out*

I swear I'm responding soon :P

2-3 Solo games now that I've got to work on
1 Group game now with this

Colour me full.

Actually, way back back back in the distant past - Star Trek was the first thing that I roleplayed and it's still very much my comfort zone.

It's irresistable.

*starts eyeing off the roles*

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

HockeyGod

Perfect...the Captain can always use an Orion male dancer, LOL:

Pixilicious

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 13, 2010, 09:30:35 PM
Um...you had no choice in the matter...Pixi and I...Barnbean's gonna be dragged into it willingly or not!

I second these motions!  :D  I <3 you, Barn! :D

Barnbean

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 13, 2010, 09:30:35 PM

Can the ship be named the SS minnow? Can we be lost in space? Can I make any more lame jokes?

Aether

RP in the Trek universe would be awesome.  Count me in!

I see that there is no mention by players as of yet  for positions?  Is there any that hold a particular interest for others?

Pixilicious

Quote from: Aether on September 14, 2010, 12:33:25 AM
RP in the Trek universe would be awesome.  Count me in!

I see that there is no mention by players as of yet  for positions?  Is there any that hold a particular interest for others?

Well, Alx said there would be no assigning of any roles yet.  That this was just an interest thread, so I figured there was no point in talking roles yet, just seeing if there would be enough people.

HockeyGod

Here are who we have so far:

alxnjsh
Pixilicious
Kip
Barnbean
Aether

I received permission to put up a little blurb in the dead ST game from the GM so I just did that. We'll see what kind of interest that sparks.

Aether

Quote from: Pixilicious on September 14, 2010, 03:58:26 AM
Well, Alx said there would be no assigning of any roles yet.

This is what I get for reading and responding to an interest thread while half asleep   ::)

Cassiopeia

Yaay!  Finally a Star Trek thread that I caught Aether linked to me just as I woke up  ;D  Looks great, I'm definitely interested!

RedEve

I might be interested in this, depending on the expected posting frequency? :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

HockeyGod

Woo hoo! Slowly a ship is being made!!! Tell your friends...spread the word!  ;D

alxnjsh
Pixilicious
Kip
Barnbean
Aether
Cassiopeia
RedEve

Aether

Nova class is a good pick, alxnjsh.  I have read up on it and sitting at 80 crew compliment, it seems a perfect size for us.  I wonder if you can be tempted to use the Rhodes variant via some good explanation?

Main reason being the Rhodes was space worthy for far longer than the standard Nova class.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Aether on September 14, 2010, 10:31:16 AM
Nova class is a good pick, alxnjsh.  I have read up on it and sitting at 80 crew compliment, it seems a perfect size for us.  I wonder if you can be tempted to use the Rhodes variant via some good explanation?

Main reason being the Rhodes was space worthy for far longer than the standard Nova class.

Oh, I think I had a little Trekgasm when reading your post  ::)

Yes, I think the Rhodes variant is quite appropriate. I also had considered being stationed in a particular sector, but sometimes that is a bit more difficult. I've already thought out many missions. I particularly enjoy going back and revisiting TNG episodes to see exactly what's happened since the Enterprise left. It makes me reminisce.

If anyone has ideas for missions I'll also create a mission suggestion thread (if we get enough people). I'm thinking we need at least a few more to really get off the ground.

RubySlippers

I'm game, does the ship need anything?

I'm thinking a Risian Civilian heading up the bar area and relaxation services (get your mind out of the gutter) would be nice. A good cook (replicated food is nice but come on a real meal with a person making it can't be bad for morale), barkeep and do things like organize social groups - plus a skilled bartender.

I just want to roleplay in a nice role that doen't have to be in the military.

HockeyGod

Thanks for the interest RubySlippers. For now we're just seeing who all wants to play before figuring out characters.

alxnjsh
Pixilicious
Kip
Barnbean
Aether
Cassiopeia
RedEve
RubySlippers

Cassiopeia

Quote from: Aether on September 14, 2010, 10:31:16 AM

Quote from: alxnjsh on September 14, 2010, 10:35:34 AM
Oh, I think I had a little Trekgasm when reading your post  ::)

*seconds the Trekgasm* <.<  Glad I'm not the only one ... >.>

Aether

Oh, and is it just me, but why does a starship this size need a secondary deflector?  I would love to see that space filled out like and Intrepid class shape, kind of like the Rhodes did anyways, and contain a XX Forward and possibly some other recreational perks.  Just ideas of course  ^.^

There are simply too many missions to count, I wouldnt mind our own little take on any one of a number of them.  I cant even narrow down my list either, so I will just happily second my faves!