A Rogues Fortune ~Recruitment Thread (Still Recruiting)~

Started by Lady Lunarius, May 08, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

GMs -  ~ Lady Lunarius ~ Black Howling ~ Lynnie~

Rogue's was established some 3,000 years ago by two great elven rulers. These rulers sought to establish a place for creatures of all corners of the earth. With their allies among the werewolves they built the land of Rogues. Creating it into the land it is today. Their eldest daughter Lady Arahaelbes soon married her long betrothed. Lord Erendriel.

Together they ruled over Rogues in her parents sudden absence. To this day it is not known among the people what ever became of Rogues first Rulers. However it is said, that deep within the archives of Rogues Castle, lay the truth. Though none have ever set eyes upon it. Many have searched, many have failed. It is said the archives are cursed to those who are not of Royal blood, or who do not bear some crest of the family. Not that many would attempt to get past the wolves or the Necromancer who now guards the library and the archives.

Lady Ara and Lord Eren lived a long happy, though troubled life together. Raising their children and their people up to where they could live in peace. That Rogues may grow and expand. Shadows lingered though, and history is often written by the victor. The land has seen war, and has seen itself ripped apart and rebuilt.

In the last year, one tragedy after another has struck. Rendering Rogues weak in many ways, while building its strength at the same time. Lord Eren was lost to his people on his travels. Seeking to expand the land and create allies with an unlikely race. The Dark Elves.  His head returned to his Queen. It was then she called upon her allies in the North. Lord Talonien Shalbarain. Long betrothed to her eldest daughter Nissa Dilloth, their wedding happened quickly.

Immediately his heart was hers, and though Nissa showed some reluctance to the marriage she went through with it for her families sake, for Rogues. Their marriage was not even a week old when tragedy struck. Not just the Royal family, but all of Rogues. The dark elves lead by their High Priestess moved swiftly upon the land. Taking with it hundreds of innocent by standers and soldiers. Not even the Royal family was without its losses. Lady Nissa was lost, struck down in the battles, Lady Ara disappeared. Many more lost.

It is not known for sure what sent the Dark Elves fleeing. Some say it was Lord Talon's rage, his icy powers moving swiftly upon the forces wiping them out by the hundreds. Or High Priestess Lunarius, with her strange gifts acting upon his orders. It is known for sure however, that they were pushed from Rogues with an almighty thrust, and unable to enter its boundaries again. Not that they made any attempts since.

Currently:
As of now, it has been a month since the attacks. No sign of Lady Ara's return and the land is broken, shattered by the dark magics used in the attacks. Those with dark hearts can feel the pure energies that seem to flow along the boundaries, almost repelling them to stay within the city.  Though over the month the energies seem to be fading. Many have taken to The Grove of Tranquility for healing and mourning. While others with far less serious injuries found themselves within the hospital cared for by those surviving staff members. Others rebuild. Homes and businesses are beginning to reopen, creatures seeking some semblance of the lives they had before.

Lord Talon, new to Rogues has the task of healing the land as well as gaining the peoples trust. Building their hope for the future, for their families that remain.

*~^~* ROGUE RULES *~^~*

• REAL LIFE COMES FIRST! - We don't like to rush people to post. We understand that everyone gets antsy and into a story-line and if you can post back to back that is great!  However, others have families and issues that arise. Please be patient.
  • All players must adhere to all Elliquiy rules!
  • Rogue Rules are created with a consensus among all GM's and Co-GM's
  • GM Announcements, GM Notices, GM Updates will be posted in both the OOC and the Announcements thread.  These are generally important so please pay attention to them.
  • Please make sure to keep the Character submissions thread clear of OOC chatter.  I know we all get excited about characters but lets do it in the OOC so that the GM's can see the characters clearly and be able to add them to the necessary locations.

• We do ask that you keep us updated if you plan to be away for an extended period of time.  We have an A/A thread that allows you to post your absence or hiatus there.  It helps us keep the game moving and helping new characters enter into the story-line.
  • Religion:  It has always been said the two things never to be discussed are Religion and politics.  In this case, we welcome all kinds of religions and understand that some characters will be tied to specific set.  HOWEVER!  These characters are NOT allowed to fulfill divinely quests or blessings without GM Approval!  We do not allow Gods, Goddesses, or all powerful beings in this game.  Any type religious "quest" will be strictly monitored, if approved.
  • All questions and concerns regarding characters in play or players need to be directed to GM's so that they can be worked out efficiently and peacefully. If there are concerns with a GM contact the other GM's first to state your concerns.  We understand that there will be some more comfortable around others.  Please go to a GM you feel most secure around if they are available.
  • We do want to definitely repeat that REAL LIFE is FIRST!  We understand that sometimes it has to take you away.  If you have been on Hiatus for longer than one month with no IC activity and no contact with a GM for a week, we will remove your characters from jobs and businesses and place them in hiatus.  This allows the game to move forward and if anything an NPC to interact with other members in that business.  You are of course welcome to come back at any time!  We will try to fit you back in the best as possible, but some positions may not be available at that time.

Other Realms:

Much has happened in Rogues 3,000 years. Pieces of the land have been broken off, while others build upon. Some completely banished onto another plane. There are indeed portals that lead to these lands. Some forgotten, while others sought openly, while there are those within Rogue Proper itself hiding from their Realm. Lands of Nightmares, Lands of Technology the like of which this world has only dreamed of. Lands of Ice, and Lands of Fairytales, where those stories many heard growing up live. Some have portals that allow you entrance, but will not allow for you to leave. While others reject any being that is magical in nature, and some embrace the magic and hungrily pull you in.

(Update Pending)

(Update Pending)

(Coming Soon to a Rogues near you!)

Ice Rogue's is a kingdom of snow and ice. Once a part of Rogue's it's self it was cast out by the ruler of Rogue's when a nasty ice witch claimed it as her own and turned it into a winter wonderland. A small band of creatures that travel together, known as The Hidden Tribe wish to free the land, removing the curse and living in peace. On the night of Winter Solstice the leaders of The Hidden Tribe came across a portal that lead them back to Rogue's, being the only two not captured by the ice witch, or turned to crystal by her mage they were lucky to come across a land filled with creatures that may very well help them in the completing of their task. The freeing of the royals, of the land, and of their friends.  This land has been conquered by the Hidden Tribes and no longer does the Ice Witch Queen live.  The land is closed to new characters but we do allow various adventures to happen within its bounds. 

Updates:

This thread will be updated as needed, please feel free to check back. I'll be sure and post when updates are made. Several are pending but for the most part any questions can be posted here. All GM's PM boxes are open, but you never know if your question is one someone else might have, so again you're welcome to post here. The only stupid question is the one unasked. 

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Lady Lunarius

What is A Rogues Fortune?

A Rogues Fortune is a free-form, sandbox style game where your character is free to grow, and thrive within the land of Rogues. Each Realm has its separate set of Rules, though the main rules still apply. All Realms have their own plots, though there are Game Wide plots that are happening. Feel free to create your own plots, or join in with others (at the creators discretion of course). Here is a link to our Plot Bunnie/Character Thread. This is also the place to request any characters you might need to have created, if someone would like to join you on your adventure.

Important Threads to check out:

The Beginner's Thread
Important Rules and Information
GM Announcments
Rogue Proper Character Submissions
Nightmare Rogue Character Submissions
Tech Rogue Character Submissions
Rogue's Character Directory
Rogue's Character and Plot Bunnies
A Rogues Fortune OOC
Aplogies and Absences

^~^ Character Creation and Submissions ^~^
A.R.F. Complete Wiki

In Rogues we want you to have the freedom to create a character that calls to you. Be it a dragon who's 1,000 years old, or a Nymph from the time of Ancient Greece or even a Newly turned Vampire. There are no limits to the amount of characters you can create. However we do have limits set in place to assure no one is creating all powerful characters. Most characters will be posted in our Character Submission's threads. Each Realm has a separate Submissions Thread.

First characters can be submitted here in the recruitment thread. Any after that will be submitted in their appropriate thread. For any ideas please feel free to check out the Complete Wiki located at the top of the page, or any of the links below.

Please Note that in order to be approved you must have two GM's approval.

[float=right][img height=300]IMAGE HERE[/img][/float]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Realm:[/b] (Rogue Proper, Nightmare Rogue, or  Tech Rogue)

[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Residence:[/b]

[b]Relationship Status:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Ons and Offs:[/b]

Once you've submitted your character please feel free to pop into our OOC and say Hi while you await the approval process.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Game Wide Happenings:

At the beginning of each IC thread you'll find this:
Date in Game: Saturday February 1st 2014
Weather: High 51 low 32
Current Gamewide Happenings: New Dawn, still rebuilding since attack

Season: Winter
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent
Next Full Moon: 2/14/2014 (makes for an interesting valentines day doesn't it?)

This is so that everyone knows what the current game happenings are, and any additional information. We will update with each time jump! Each Realm will have its own game wide happenings so be sure and check. (Some are being worked on as we speak)

♥♡♥ Rogues Recruitment Thread To Do List   ♥♡♥                       

Characters to be Approved:

Characters to be entered in the Wiki/Directory

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Bloodied Porcelain

*puts out cookies and drinks for people*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

GnothiSeauton

Looking for someone to play a twin sister (female twins) in a possible incestuous, devious relationship in the delightfully twisted playground that is Nightmare Rouge.

PM me to work out some details :)
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

EroticFantasyAuthor

This is a free-form game rather than a system game, correct?

Black Howling

EroticFantasyAuthor

The setting seems to be Modern rather than Medieval High Fantasy, correct?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 21, 2014, 11:57:04 PM
The setting seems to be Modern rather than Medieval High Fantasy, correct?

Yes its modern setting, with fantasy and non-fantasy characters. If you step into Tech Rogues its more futuristic with no magic what-so-ever.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

EroticFantasyAuthor

Thank you for the info.

My apologies but I do not believe I will be pursuing this further.

Black Howling

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 22, 2014, 12:33:24 AM
Thank you for the info.

My apologies but I do not believe I will be pursuing this further.

Well thank you for inquiring . :)

Sharon

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Sharon on May 23, 2014, 04:34:48 PM
I am game if you will have me.

Of course!!! If you have questions please by all means ask!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: Sharon on May 23, 2014, 04:34:48 PM
I am game if you will have me.
Of course! If you need help with the sheet or the like just give one if us a holler. Or hell, pop into the ooc even.