Mobile Suit Gundam: Blood and Ideals Interest Check

Started by Mac84, January 21, 2012, 05:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

"A pair of Twin Female Pilots. Depending on the story may or may not defect to the aid the 432nd." :)

SargentToughie

Quote from: Jmorty33 on February 12, 2012, 06:55:36 PM
It's not Gundam without one of those pilots... no wait it's not Gundam without an ace pilot who has no piloting skills whatsoever, is some sort of computer wiz, and a staunch pacifist. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Then I guess Gundam Wing, 00, and G Gundam aren't actual Gundam shows, are they?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

Funny, those are the three instances of the series that I love the most.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jmorty33

Yeah three out of how many iterations of the series. I love Wing and I love how 00 is sort of a modernization of it. Setsuna is such a badass and it sucks how he didn't get with Feldt.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

ShadowFox89

Of course, he was massively overcompensating with that beamsaber in Season 2 :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SargentToughie

Well, what do you expect? He's a Gundam.

And I've got to say that Feldt is likely the most love sick (female) character I've ever seen in a Gundam series. It's kinda funny, in a tragic sort of way.

As for that character archtype you mentioned above? I can name... Amuro and Kira. That's it.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Jmorty33

Hehe yeah that Trans Am Raiser did seem just a little too big. Still 00 Gundam? Invincible!!!

Actually there's also Kamile, Uso, Banager, The guy from F-91, I could go on.

SargentToughie

Kammile is debatable, but I'll give you Uso. I haven't seen either Unicorn or F-91 though, so I can't comment on those.
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

00 Gundam wasn't invincible though, just as Gra- er, Mr.Bushido :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jmorty33

How is Kamike debatable? He whines about how he hates his name, how his dad is cheating on his mom, he is a computer wiz, and he had no prior combat skill before jumping into that Mk-II. Oh also Judo from ZZ, sure he knows how to pilot but still no combat experience and plus he gets a little whiny after Puru dies.

Come on 00 with the 0-Raiser in the final episode where he releases all of those crazy GN particles? Pretty invincible but then again you do have a point after it gets damaged against Ribbons mobile suit.

SargentToughie

I thought we were discussing those that are just avid pacifists and use those as their key character point. Using the MUCH more vague guidelines of people who don't have a whole lot of experience piloting MSs at the beginning of their shows, then yeah, that cuts down on my list rather dramatically.

And I can name at least 2 Gundams more invincible then 00, one for sure: Unicorn and Turn A.
Ons and offs

Jmorty33

I hate turn A. It looks so weird, I have bonkers who the MS designer was for that series, but he needs to get shot. Though Unicorn I will give you, especially if you give it the full armor upgrade.

As for the main character the guidelines are: Pacifist (to any extent), no prior combat experience, computer wiz, whiny bitch until the writers put in a Deus Ex Machina to toughen them up.

Mac84

Welcome Silk and Vostroya,

Yes, If you wish Vostroya, you can place a Zeon pilot. They would be limited to Zaku IIs, Goufs, at the outset with Doms coming in fairly quickly. The Suits for the twin Zeon Aces will by Custom Zaku IIs as Acar's Gouf would be a custom model as well.

Silk, If you wish you are welcome to play the One, or both female aces. The Main reason for their defection was to prevent the assassination of a Young girl. Her father was a high ranking Figure in the Zeon Government. His political views were not very popular.   

Quote from: Jmorty33 on February 12, 2012, 06:55:36 PM
It's not Gundam without one of those pilots... no wait it's not Gundam without an ace pilot who has no piloting skills whatsoever, is some sort of computer wiz, and a staunch pacifist. Yeah, that sounds about right.

As I mentioned before. While this does take place in the UC universe. It is patterned after the MS: Gundam: 08th MS team Series. Which didn't utilize the "Newtype" Plot device.

If you want Silk, Vostroya. Go ahead and put your character sheets up in the OCC/Character Page I have set up. :)

SargentToughie

Since when is the Bright slap a Dues Ex Machina?

TAHN A TAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!!!!!
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

That's something I liked about G Gundam, 00 Gundam, and Gundam Wing. The main protagonists weren't whiny little brats.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jmorty33

Come on he was whining and the writers were probably going, "Shit how do we make him a bad ass pilot?" *Noah bitch slap!* "We did it!"

Exactly 00, Wing, and G had harassed that kicked some ass and chewed some damn bubble gum! And they knew it!

SargentToughie

I just loved the way that Wing and 00 were able to give their characters genuine flaws and struggles without beating the viewers over the face with angst.

TAKE NOTES SEED UNIVERSE!!!!
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

Will I get smacked if my character wears a white/gray/silver mask? :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jmorty33

Ah the SEED universe was just a rehash of 0079 and Zeta. If you look closely it's there.

Yeah 00 I think was the best series that they've made so far.

SargentToughie

Actually, I disagree with you. There are an outrageous tun of parallels between the earlier UC shows and the SEED shows, but they still had their differences.

For instance: UC had compelling characters, powerful plot moments, and a theme that didn't beat you over the face until you got that war is hell.

SEED has... well...
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

SEED has angsty heroes who angst upon the mountains of angst with their flood of angst?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SargentToughie

Yes.

SEED had an ocean of lost potential, so much so that it almost hurt me a little to watch how Destiny ruined it all.
Ons and offs

Robelwell202

Personally, I'm a great fan of Zero, and the designs for the gundams were outstanding!  The enemy mecha, not so much...  Yuck!
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Jmorty33

Hmm I'm afraid I don't know if there is a Gundam Zero, if you mean Zero as in the first series then yeah I would agree with you. If you mean 00 then yeah I think the enemy MS in that series was poor other the GNX series.

SargentToughie

Ons and offs