The Next Generation

Started by Lady Jenn, September 06, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"It's hard to miss," Cypher said with an embarrassed laugh. "There was a time I tried to use my power to hide it, but the strain of maintaining the disguise was too much, and...someone dear to me told me anyone who wouldn't accept me with this scar wasn't worth wasting my time on. My name is Katya by the way, no-one in the Corps ever got told it cos I used to hate it back in those days." She felt herself blushing. "I'm torn between wanting to kiss you and thinking if we stay in here much longer they'll start wondering what we're doing in here," she said, unable to supress a giggle.

Lawshenk

Gerri decided for her and passionate kissed her  after the kiss she smiled " if you are about what they think then beautiful Katya, I miss judged you"

Lady Jenn

"There's only one opinion I really care about," she said, kissing her until a quiet knock on the door distracted her. "We should probably go outside, otherwise we'll have a fun time explaining this to the others." She looked at the mask, feeling torn. "I don't know if I'm ready to let the others know who I am."

Lawshenk

" I understand" she was a little disappointed trying to hide it, she took her hand " mask up and come out, with me?"

Lady Jenn

"You should know how special you are to me," she said, kissing her again and then taking her hand. "I haven't shown anyone my true face in...a long time. If I'd known I'd be seeing you today I'd have worn my other costume." She couldn't help stopping as she was about to put the helmet on to wink. "Let's just say you'd probably be enjoying the view."

Lawshenk

" I already am" as they join the others Gerri looked around smiling " we have a week let's meet up then"

Lady Jenn

"How about you show me around?" Cypher said to her. "I've not been here in ages, plus we have...a bit of catching up to do."

"Plus I could make sure everyone is okay," Sky said, seeing Clint and Geri's daughter looking about to protest. "I have an old friend who owns a hotel where they wouldn't ask too many questions, plus the guy owes me more than one favour at this point."

Lawshenk

// not daughter friend or employee it think

Gerri looked at  Katya, " well the flat is different but the shop is exactly the same"  they all fly back to the town

Lady Jenn

(oops, remembered that wrong *facepalms* lol. Also, feel free to time jump at any point, I can't figure out a good moment to do so lol)

Sky managed to sort out a place for the others making sure he gave them a contact number to reach them, Katya taking Geri's hand once they'd gone.

"I obviously need to work on my flirting technique," she said, laughing. "I was trying to get a bit of time to ourselves."

Lawshenk

" I think your perfect, " she smiled and kissed her, you could have just popped in and told me at any time sweetie?"

Lady Jenn

"I can't stay anywhere for long normally," Katya replied. "Besides, I'd have had to let my mask slip for a bit, and before today I didn't feel comfortable doing so. No offence to your superhero uniform, but you look much better in your café uniform anyway," she said suggestively.

Lawshenk

Gerri looked at her and coyly smiled " kind of why I want to retire" she admitted " I want to ask you how old you think I am?"

Lady Jenn

"Good luck retiring," Katya said with a laugh. "I feel like I've spent twenty years trying to retire and I'm probably further away from it than I ever was." She thought for a moment. "I'm pretty sure you're younger than me, unless I've missed something."

Lawshenk

" Are you trying to flatter me?" She smiled " over a 1000 years I've been hear now"

Lady Jenn

"Yeah...I'm not quite that old," she said, feeling suddenly embarrassed. "Although I think I stopped counting birthdays a long time ago."

Lawshenk

"e too " she smiled " all this because of a mermaids tear she holds her necklace " how'd you know I want out?"

Lady Jenn

"I'm not sure," she said. "To be honest I want to retire eventually, it'd be nice to have something approaching a normal life eventually."

Lawshenk

"was kinda hoping the kid would replace me " she laughed " my mum well she's not, not really she thinks I'm being silly but all I need to do is return the necklace to a mermaid and I know one know

Lady Jenn

"Just be careful," Kayla said. "I've taken this long to find you again, I don't want to lose you again almost immediately. I already have a bad feeling about this fight."

Lawshenk

She takes her necklace off for a second and start to age before putting it back on " is this our fight, should we not just slip off in the night?'

Lady Jenn

"I nearly gave up once," she replied. "After Azanti's death, I..." she fell silent for a moment. "I went to a very dark place, but then the sister of my dead girlfriend found me drunk out of my mind in a bar, nursed me back to health and basically said to me if she was still alive and knew the man who killed her was still running around free to do what he wanted then she'd never forgive me if I simply walked away and left it to someone else to deal with."

Lawshenk

Gerri sighed " well it's your fight you the reason I'm doing this she whips he necklace off and place it around Katya's neck instantly getting looked 1000 and her age increased by the second " I am no fighter never have been, I need you win this fight so I Grant you my powers the old women smiled meakly

Lady Jenn

"I can't," she said, handing it back. "I didn't tell you why I stopped being Pyre, it..." she stopped for a moment. "It'll make more sense if I show you." She removed her glove again, this time more of her arm visible, where a nasty burn was still visible. "This was from two years ago, it started with the burns taking longer to heal, now..." She grimaced. "I can't fight, if I go full power I don't know what it'll do to my body."

Lawshenk

" the mermaid rear can help you " she passes it frailly, " if you love me your trust me and take it"

Lady Jenn

"I tried," she said, looking away. "This is after it was healed. Besides," she said, handing it back more forcefully. "If taking it means you dying before I've had a chance to be with you properly I refuse. And..." she sighed. "Sky is doing this for you, if you don't he won't, and if neither of you are there...Yuri is a hero, but the days where he could have led a superhero team into a fight like this are long gone."