Large Groups

Started by Mabmoro, October 29, 2008, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabmoro

How many people in a game is needed to be considered a Large Group and get their own category?

Sherona

1000 post from a small game makes it eligible to be bumped up to large game. :)

Caeli

All multi-player, multi-thread games start in small games regardless of the number of people. Once the total post count for your roleplay is 1000+, the game is entitled to a sub-board in its respect Big Game subforum.

Edit: What Sherona said. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Mabmoro

Alright, and to start a game in small games, I just make a post or two?

Caeli

Well, typically you might start an OOC thread for your various members to discuss details or to gather interest. I would recommend that you already have a solid idea in mind as well as a few RPers who have expressed interest before you put up an OOC thread and the various game threads, but the details of how you start are really up to you.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Xillen

Basically, the Solo boards are for those games that only require a single thread, regardless of number of players.

If your game benefits from more than one thread, you use the small games forum instead. For example, if you have a thread for the actual story, a thread for the OOC talk and a thread about the characters, you make three different threads, with more or less the following names:

[name of the game] In character
[name of the game] Out of character
[name of the game] Characters

People can see they belong together by the tag up front. If the total number of posts from all threads together reaches 1000+, you can contact a goddess to create a new board for you. Then you can contact a Satyr/Siren to move the threads for you.

Haibane

Can an admin person set me straight on this - I thought the 1000 post count had to be In Character posts only. Huge OOC discussion threads for example would not count (OOC threads can easily be the biggest component of a group game). Some really odd people might be tempted to spam their own games OOC thread in order to bump the post count towards 1000...   ::)

Elandra

It does include OOC, however admins have a right to refuse to grant the large game, especially if the OOC far outweighs the IC posts.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~