The Sweetest Revenge. (Elvi and Sherona)

Started by Sherona, October 16, 2007, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

Seeing Sonja's disscomfort she had a quick word with the man, by the fire.   He nodded and without looking Sonja's way, tugged the bath the into place and left.
The maids hurried to fill the bath, then scooted off again for more water, a cast iron bath soon seeped away the heat and there would be the need for more.

"Oh...His Majesty is already up and has left M'Lady..."
Busying herself by heading towards the far wall, she began to tug a screen towards the fire side.
"...was up, bathed and breakfasted well over an hour or two ago, said he had things to think about and took his horse for exercise, he often does that." 
Pausing to grunt as she finally got the heavy screen into place, she continued.
"Of course it is a big day for him isn't it, so I can understand it...The bath is ready now M'Lady, if you would be so kind?"
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Sherona

Sonja looked toward the tapestry where he had emerged from last night, and even to the alcove he seemed to hide in earlier in the evening. She briefly wonders if he could possibly be hiding under the desk or perhaps one of the walls opened? Not trusting the maid at all, however the steaming water beckoned her.

"A quick one then." Sonja relented, padding across the floors toward the screen, intent on helping the woman, however she had already finished by the time she reached her. "Oh yes..a very big day for him." The woman retorts a bit wryly as she hesitates before quickly slipping the shift off.

One lean leg is tentatively eased into the waters, the heat contrasting to the cool air causing her to shiver briefly before the other is swung over the side. A low moan is given as she eases her body into the welcoming waters, the warmth already doing wonders for the left over bruises from her fall.

Elvi

Ursa waited until she had settled into the bath, before handing her a large natural sponge and placing a small bowl of highly scented soaps on a small stool beside her.
"I like the slightly green coloured one M'Lady....it smells of citrus fruits, limes and lemons..."
She coughed slightly, not wanting to admit that she had 'borrowed' some at one time.
"....and it is most vigorating upon the skin..."

Lapsing into silence, ursa knelt behind the bath to begin unpinning Sonja's long hair in preperation for it being washed.

Sherona

Sonja listened to the maid talk, accepting the sponge readily. Her hand was hovering over the bowl, planning on simply taking whichever one she happened to grab, not caring what it spelled like. However, so that she did not seem rude she did choose the green. Away from the bowl, the unique scent is apparent as she rubs the sponge over the surface, suds bubbling readily at her work.

Her body, while trim and healthy, was not battle hardened, though she has seen her fair share of battles. No swordswoman, or physcial brawler is she, preferring to work her mind over her body, and it is readily apparent in the soft skins and hands as she methodically washed her body. She takes care to keep her head still so that the maid's progress with unpinning her hair is not impeded.

"Tell me Ursa, hypothetically of course. If someone evil beyond your imagination gave you a choice..say Helping him in his evil in a way you do not even know how..or the death of a score of innocents..Knowing that his evil would be the ruination of many as well. Would you choose to sacrifice the innocents for the greater good, or would you submit to the evil."

Elvi

Ursa paused in her work, wondering why such a strange question.
She shrugged and continued taking out the last pin, then after picking up a brush answered while she teased the odd knot from the hair.
"Well.....I'm not sure I really have the knowledge to answer that M'Lady....But....well....My dad always says that where there's a will there's a way and you can't do much when you're dead an' six feet under."

Sighing Ursa paused again, not sure if she was just talking utter gibberish.
"What I'm trying to say is....As I see it....If I were in that possition, then I would do what I could to keep myself and others alive....After all, who knows what will happen tomorrow and things can always change for the better can't they?"

She sighed again, still not sure if all of that would be of any help, so tried in a rather clumsy way, to change the subject.
"If I were you M'Lady, I would wear your hair down, it would look beautiful over the back of that blue velvet....."

Sherona

Nodding slightly, still not wishing to impede the maid's work, Sonja listens as Ursa speaks pretty much her same thoughts on the situation. It was a little comfort, hearing her opinions spoken aloud, and seemed to agree wtih her, though Ursa had no clue what she was agreeing with.

Renewed vigor is shown as she finishes washing her limbs, a sigh is given at the other woman's hands at her hair. It is good to get the dirt off, and having someone else fuss over her is not too bad of a change, for a short while at least. "No. It may look nice, but I am not there to impress anyone. I am already being forced to dress in a strange fashion for myself, I will keep my old hair style thank you." To be honest, Sonja is secretly vain about that one thing. Otherwise it would be just easier to hack it off, she simply could not bring herself to do that.

She waits for the maid to finish combing her hair so that she could lift herself a bit out of the tub to wash her body proper, and be finished with this morning ritual.

Elvi

"Well I am sure it will look beautiful either way."
Leaning back on her heels Ursa looked at the long tresses in front of her then thought of her own mousey brown hair, some people seemed to have all the luck.
As she and Sonja stood, almost at the same time, there was a tap at the door and the maids walked in with fresh water. Though niether women could see as the screen shielded them from view ursa recognised the tell tale splosh as one walked in and caught the door frame with her bucket.

"Ahhhh...more water...You will allow me to at least wash your hair for you will you not?"
Ursa made it sound more like a special request rather than a duty.

Sherona

Sonja, just waiting for one of Borghast's untimely entrances, ducked back down instinctively as the door opened, but breathed slightly as it was simply more water for the bath. "There is something to be said about bathing in a stream. Atleast the water is continuously coming too you and not having to be hauled." She remarked with something that came close to the first smile her lips had been given for days.

She returns to a standing position, soaping efficiently and quickly her body, ridding herself of the very last bit of grime. Rinsing quickly int he cooling water, preferring to keep the clean water clean for her hair, Sonja turns toward Ursa with a raised brow. "I am quite capable of doing this myself..have done so all my life." Yet she again she does not wish to hurt feelings, no matter how volatile her anger was, this did not mean that she enjoyed harming another. "Yet if you must, then I won't stop you."

Elvi

"Oh no M'Lady...."
Ursa looked slightly bewildered and embarrassed at Sonja's outburst.
"I'll bring the water in and leave you to it, I was only trying to do my job as best I can..."

Scuttling out from behind the screen she spoke to the women there.
The door opened then closed again and Ursa reappeared to leave a bucket of water for her.
"There is more water just beyond the screen M'Lady, I will go and see what is keeping breakfast..."

Sherona

Sonja instantly felt badly, but before she could say anything Ursa hurries away. Sighing she waits just a moment, and with relief sees Ursa re-enter. Ursa might be deluding herself into believing the half-cocked lie that Borghast has spun, but she might be the only friendly face Sonja has while she is trapped here and she does not want to spoil that.

"Look Ursa..I am sorry. I am just not..not used to any of this." Folding her arms, as she spoke, the Sorceress tilts her head to the left slightly. "Forgive me my outbursts, it has been a trying..few days for me and I am still getting adjusted.

Elvi

"That's understandable M'Lady"
Ursa gave her a little smile.
"Perhaps I should learn to ask instead of just assuming...."
She gave her a little nod before adding.
"But I will go and check on your food....it is taking a long time...the kitchens are in chaos this morning..."

With a little curtsie, Ursa tuned and hurried out of the room....

Sherona

Giving her a rather strained smile in return, Sonja nods at her words. "Don't hurry on my account, I doubt I will be able to put any food in my stomach this morning. You should take your time to eat." That said Sonja begins the sometimes arduous process of washing her hair, wetting the dark strands thoroughly. She would not give up this simple luxury, and she is glad that the maid had not insisted on doing it herself.

Elvi

"I have already eaten M'Lady"
Ursa called from the door.
"And so must you...."

Some twenty minutes later, there was a tap on the outer door and Ursa arrived back.
She carried a tray with cold meats, cheeses, bread straight from the oven and hot boiled eggs, along with fruits and a steaming jug of hot tea.
Grunting she hefted it onto the desk and sighed as the wieght lifted from her tired arms.
"Food M'Lady, I waited for the bread it's just come out...."

Sherona

Sonja had finished her hair, taking a towel left for her, and dried her body before donning the undergarment left for her. She then wrapps the now heavy black strands in the towel, rubbing furiously for a moment before adjusting and letting the towl sit turban style on her head.

Her body felt physically better atleast, if the weight of the decision and the cold knot in her stomach hadn't been eased away then atleast the dirt has. As the maid enters, she stands once more, again wishing that she could atleast help with some things.

"I would rather dress before I eat. I am tired of being half dressed, and I, well.." Sonja paused, slightly embarrassed by her next admission. "I don't think I know how to properly don everything the Seamstress left."

Elvi

"Well...you eat first M'Lady..."
Ursa nodded sagely.
"We wouldn't want you to spill food on that beautiful gown after all that work would we?"
She bit her lip for a moment, then nodded.
"You must be cold after your bath, I'll get you something..."
Pulling off her own shawl, that she had wrapped around her, Ursa draped it over Sonja's shoulders.
"I'm sorry, I should have thought of this before...be back before you've finished your food."

Scooting to the door, Ursa dissapeared once more.

Sherona

"No no its..fine." Sonja started to say just as the woman disappeared again. Sighing she walks to the food spread out. The knot in her stomach protested anything being put on top of it, but since Ursa did go through so much trouble she picked up a piece of the freshly baked bread, nibbling on the ends. Absently she moves back towards the window, looking down on the walled garden hoping to catch another glimpse of the children innocently playing, while moving the shawl closer around herself.

Elvi

There was no sign of the children, perhaps it was simply too early for them to be running around, perhaps they too were having breakfast and preparing for the day ahead, perhaps they were silent for a more sinister reason.

As Sonja stood looking she heard a clattering of hooves and barking of hounds, in the courtyard below the window. It sounded as though someone had arrived, or possibly returned.

Ursa returned a few minutes later, bringing with her a plain day dress, not unlike a pinafore and a dressing robe, slightly worn and with a darned patch on the sleeve, but clean and fresh smelling.
"I got these from Greta M'Lady, all the clothes that are no longer used end up with her, she and her girls remake them for us servants."

She held them out.
"They are both clean M'Lady, I'm sorry they are not new, but ... well ...yours are still in the making...."   

Sherona

Sonja heard the noise, and assumed it was Borghast who returned, remembering what Ursa had said about him taking a ride. Sighing she turns and drops the piece of bread, half eaten back on the platter.

A sigh of relief is heard when she sees what the Maid has brought. "Don't be sorry Ursa, I have told you before, I am not a Lady. These are more to my comfort level more then all the finery inthe world." Hurrying, she pulls the dressing robe around her, running a hand over it to smooth it down. Already she felt a little less bare, a bit more confident. "Thank you, the food looks delicious but really I don't think I can force any more down."

Elvi

relieved that her choices were suitable, Ursa turned her attention to the food.
She looked down at the tray and then back up to Sonja, a concerned look on her face.
"No...you need to eat M'Lady, you have a very busy day ahead of you...."
She sighed and thought of the butterflies she had in her tummy at the thought of meeting 'her' stable lad.
"I understand, but you really must eat and at least have some of the tea before it goes cold, I am told that it is a fine blend and very good for the nerves and the digestion...."
Ursa gave her a pleading look.
"Please M'lady? I would feel terrible if anything happened to you...."

Sherona

Sighing, Sonja reached for the half eaten piece of bread once more, nibbling it lightly. "I assure you, anything that happens to me will not be because of an empty stomach." Taking up the tea as well, she moves back toward 'her' room, a piece of bread and some tea, and then a quick prayer that it would stay where she put it.

"Busy day indeed." She murmurs, loud enough for the maid to hear surely though not in her usual annoyed tones. More thoughtful, as she enters the room with the bed, and stopping beside the lovely gown laid out. Finishing the bread, but nursing the tea slowly, she calls toward Ursa. "I am sure you have many plans, I understand I can not go directly to the council..but perhaps you could relay a message to them?"

Elvi

As Sonja left, Ursa busied herself with clearing up after her bath.
She paused to pick up the half used soap and take a long sniff of it's aroma, smiling to herself, almost dropping it into the bath as she heard Sonja call out.

Hastily she dropped the soap back into the dish and wiping her hands almost ran to the door of Sonja's chamber.
"A message M'Lady?.....I'm not sure....but I will try...."

Sherona

Sonja thought for a moment, she did not want to make it seem too much like a code, yet did not want it easily broken either as she had no doubts the maid would run it by someone before she actually took it. "Just tell them, when you get a chance, that I wont be able to get back to look in on the pup, it's lost its voice so they must take care of it." At first they might be confused, but surely one of them would remember where her gift lies, in the spoken word, and make the connection.

Elvi

Ursa frowned, the message didn't make much sense, she scratched her head.
"If it's that important M'Lady, perhaps we should have it brought here for you?"
She shrugged, not sure how a dog could loose it's voice, then carried on.
"His Majesty is very fond of dogs, I'm sure he wouldn't mind another here, if it made you happy?"

Sherona

"No, puppies should be free, not cooped up even when given excersize." Sonja said with a tight grin, finishing the tea off. "Plus this one is rather dangerous, too dangerous to keep around civilized people and dogs." Turning she gestured to the dress once more. "Shall we? I am sure you will wnt ample time to prepare yourself."

Elvi

"There is no need to send that message."
Borghast, much to Ursa's shock, appeared almost like a spectre behind her, making her squeek like a mouse caught by a cat.
"The pup is being well cared for, voice or no voice."

Smiling at Ursa, Borghast stepped aside.
"If you would be so kind as the have the bath emptied and refilled?"
He looked down at his hunting clothes, spattered with mud from his morning's ride.
"I would like to bathe before I change."

The young maid gave him a quick curtsie and hurried off, Borghast smiled as he watched her before stepping inside Sonja's room and closing the door firmly behind him.
He leaned against it, pretty much as Ingram had done, not so long ago.
"So....My Lady Sonja....you have made your decision?"