Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: ksangre on May 04, 2016, 01:16:36 PM
Interested! I am curious what exactly happened to Littlefinger and the Boltons? Both have potential when considering bloodlines.

Or any great houses in need of heirs/other family members?

Right now someone has shown interest in the Boltons.

I don't believe anyone has connected their character to Littlefinger, yet. (?)

RedEve

Still looking for a connection with another house, through Lady X.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Rel Mayer

For those of you with the itch to play knight styled character on a particular elite guard...

Serah Targaryen will not be there in the very beginning of the game, but she will be arriving with her Gold Guard later. If you're wanting another character, but not planning on writing them for a week or so (besides History stuff) let me know! I'd love to actually have some members on her Gold Guard, rather than just NPCing them all out.

:) Just tossing it out there!

Ryven

Caela

Quote from: Ryven on May 04, 2016, 07:55:56 PM
FINALLY!  My character is sent. :)

Woohoo...always a good feeling when a character comes together.

ElvenKitten

summoner2183

Besides House Mormont... has anyone made any Banner Houses od House Stark?

sweets

I think that a Bolton was mentioned at some point.

Caela

Quote from: sweets on May 04, 2016, 11:52:04 PM
I think that a Bolton was mentioned at some point.

Aiden was looking at making a Bolton I believe.

summoner2183

Quote from: Caela on May 04, 2016, 11:53:41 PM
Aiden was looking at making a Bolton I believe.

But aren't the Boltons seen as a disgraced House after their betrayal of sorts?

sweets

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 05, 2016, 12:22:31 AM
But aren't the Boltons seen as a disgraced House after their betrayal of sorts?

Ramsey was fed to the dragons and the rest of the house bent the knee I believe was what was discussed.

summoner2183

Quote from: sweets on May 05, 2016, 12:45:15 AM
Ramsey was fed to the dragons and the rest of the house bent the knee I believe was what was discussed.

True... but even though that is what happened... I think that the House name is practically sullied I think.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 05, 2016, 12:50:22 AM
True... but even though that is what happened... I think that the House name is practically sullied I think.

Which gives reason to continue their story and see what happens to the Boltons 60 years later! ;)

Aiden

summoner2183

What are some Houses that would be good supporters for the Starks? Besides the Boltons of course.

sweets

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 05, 2016, 01:38:10 AM
What are some Houses that would be good supporters for the Starks? Besides the Boltons of course.

House Reed of Greywater Watch.
House Glover of Deepwood Motte.
House Umber of Last Hearth.
House Manderly of White Harbor.
House Westerling of the Crag.

Just as a few.

summoner2183

Quote from: sweets on May 05, 2016, 01:45:15 AM
House Reed of Greywater Watch.
House Glover of Deepwood Motte.
House Umber of Last Hearth.
House Manderly of White Harbor.
House Westerling of the Crag.

Just as a few.

Cool... would Lyanna and Daron be pleased to have another bannermen loyal to their cause? :D

RedEve

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 04, 2016, 11:49:41 PM
Besides House Mormont... has anyone made any Banner Houses od House Stark?

My character is a member of House Thenn, which is the continuation of what used to be House Karstark.

Work in progress, version 2:

Kyra Thenn

Kyra Thenn
"Lady Thenn"

Full Name: Lady Kyra Thenn

House: House Thenn

City: The Karhold

History:

Though this is now a distant memory, House Thenn assumed their current role of Lords of Karhold at a time of great turmoil. Lord Commander Jon Snow himself arranged the marriage with Alys Karstark that made the former Magnar of Thenn, Sigorn the newly minted Lord of House Thenn. His goal was to prevent the murder of young Alys at the hands of her great-uncle Arnolf, who wanted to put his own son forward as the new Lord of the Karhold. This drama put an end to 1000 years of Karstark rule at the Karhold. By the time Kyra was born, House Thenn had been ruling for near four decades and what had once seemed like a tenuous grasp on their power was now a solid foundation.

Kyra had been twelve years old when Lord Sigorn had passed away and her father Torrhen had become the new Lord. Not much had changed, partly because Torrhen Thenn was not the kind of man to rock the boat and partly because he still heeded the council of his mother, Alys Karstark. The wily old woman still had much of the strength and smarts she had displayed in her youth and she made sure that her son did not stray too much from the firm yet simple way in which Sigorn had ruled.

Kyra herself has studied under her Septa as well as their Maester. From an early age she had a knack for reading, so much so that the Karhold now has a very impressive library, thanks to Torrhen’s largesse when it comes to indulging in his daughters whims and Kyra’s thirst for any tome she can get her hands on. She is less interested in courtly etiquette and whenever she isn’t found with her nose in the books, she is likely to be in the stables, tending to one of her horses – in spite of the stablehands meek protest – or out riding. Her sister Arsa is more of a little lady who dreams of court life in King’s Landing and a dream wedding that the smallfolk would talk about decades later.

Family Connections:

Lord Torrhen Thenn – Father – Lord of House Thenn – Born 304 AC
Lady Alys Karstark – Grandmother – Born 284 AC
Lady Margaret Thenn – Aunt – Born 306 AC
Lady Arsa Thenn – Younger sister – Born 345 AC

Appearance:

/

Personality:

Whether it is a product of her upbringing or just an innate trait of her personality, Kyra is the kind of person who never gets too high or low in terms of her passions. She was somewhat bookish as a child, though there were a few outdoors activities she still quite enjoyed, like horse-back riding and falconry. She is very close to her family, but especially to her grandmother and her younger sister.

As a well-educated and well-read young woman, Kyra’s biggest flaw is a mistaken belief that she knows more than most people. She still has to learn that wisdom is earned and not all knowledge can be found inside of thick tomes. She is also resentful towards her father’s insistence on her getting married, exceedingly enjoying the position of power and privilege she enjoys at Karhold.

Aspirations and Goals:

- Becoming a good ruler of House Thenn
- Improving House Thenn’s standing in King’s Landing
- To avoid being tied down to a man who will limit her power

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quirks:

Strengths:
-   Intelligence combined with a thirst for knowledge
-   A careful nature
-   Excellent Equestrian
-   Well-liked by her people

Weaknesses: (3+ in list form)
-   Overestimates her own abilities
-   Stubbornness
-   Spoiled

Character Death: (Yes/No. If head of house, it has to be Yes.)

Sexuality: Straight

Player's O&Os Click here

Other Pictures

(Include Real Life or Flavor Images here)

Still need a likeness but Christa has kindly offered her help in that regard.
Also would like a connection to another family through my character's mother.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Ryven

Clala

Quote from: Rel Mayer on May 04, 2016, 01:22:30 PM
Right now someone has shown interest in the Boltons.

I don't believe anyone has connected their character to Littlefinger, yet. (?)
As far as I can tell no mention of using Littlefinger yet. I shall work on something. Probably a grandson. If anyone wants some marriage links with House Baelish gimme a shout.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: ksangre on May 05, 2016, 03:59:47 PM
As far as I can tell no mention of using Littlefinger yet. I shall work on something. Probably a grandson. If anyone wants some marriage links with House Baelish gimme a shout.

There is a Master of Coin, though. :)

GnothiSeauton

Just throwing this out there, for some potential plotting and such...  If anyone wants to maybe work something out, in terms of connections, or shared history, please don't hesitate to let me know with a PM.

Elmo Volmark is the Master of Ships for the Iron Throne.  Sworn to House Harlaw, and by extension, House Greyjoy.  He's a learned Ironborn Captain, who has had a successful reaving career before taking up the appointment as Master of Ships.  I have a few connections with him at the moment.  Ava Greyjoy is his cousin by marriage, who he definitely has no love for, and the same could be said of his cousin by blood in Darya Volmark, who is closely aligned with his Greyjoy nemesis. 

He has a salt wife from Lys, that I believe The Dark Raven is doing, and is actively trying to woo the Lady of Harlaw, a character Amelita is working on, into marriage.  He also has something of an alliance and mutual understanding with Ragnar Lannister in their dealings within King's Landing.  I figured he'd have at least some connections and prior history with those on the Small Council, Royal Family, nobility that possess fleets, etc. 

Kyaria is my servant, de facto slave to Maeryn Tyrell in Highgarden.  A natural born slave from Volantis, who is, in her mind at the least, a loyal and dedicated slave and servant to her savior, Maeryn and her Lord Husband.  She's most likely to be situated in and around Highgarden, serving as essentially a honeypot spy for her Lady.  Possible connections include former “targets” she's slept with to get information, others in and around Highgarden, etc.  I don't have a whole lot worked out with her, but I'm open to just about anything.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

Hey! Just dropping in to say I will be creating a character for your game (if you will have me).  :-)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Flower on May 08, 2016, 01:45:56 PM
Hey! Just dropping in to say I will be creating a character for your game (if you will have me).  :-)

Always! :D

Amelita

Quote from: Flower on May 08, 2016, 01:45:56 PM

-SQUEE!-

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red