Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Marmalade

Hey folks! Poking my head in here and taking a look around  >:)

Primarch

Quote from: Kokaine on May 15, 2016, 12:12:29 AM
I dunno how either of you feel about that and how it might affect your character to potentially have her at your character's side with that particular angle. Like if it might taint their image?

I play Lord Lannister, he's a pragmatist more so than anything else so a woman posing as a man would be of no concern to him to long as she was good at what she did. The Red Cloaks also tend to wear that face concealing helmet, so that works?

Flower

Yay a kokabuns!

Also, would it be alright if I made a Septon? I intended for him to be rather high up but a bit...corrupt. I wouldn't be making him for a while but I just wanted to check before the idea solidified in my brain.

Primarch

Kokaine

Quote from: Primarch on May 15, 2016, 07:41:58 AM
I play Lord Lannister, he's a pragmatist more so than anything else so a woman posing as a man would be of no concern to him to long as she was good at what she did. The Red Cloaks also tend to wear that face concealing helmet, so that works?

True. This might just do actually. Adair is very good at what she does and this position--with Lord Lannister eventually becoming aware of her--might afford her slightly better fitting armor so that she isn't hindered. My preference is that she's been in place at least a little while at the time of the start of the game so that the reputation she bears was actually earned by her own deeds--though others may not believe so if/when she is revealed--and my hope is that her impersonation earns her at least a little trouble somewhere down the line.

Quote from: Flower on May 15, 2016, 10:11:46 AM
Yay a kokabuns!

:P
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Primarch

Quote from: Kokaine on May 15, 2016, 10:44:38 AM
True. This might just do actually. Adair is very good at what she does and this position--with Lord Lannister eventually becoming aware of her--might afford her slightly better fitting armor so that she isn't hindered. My preference is that she's been in place at least a little while at the time of the start of the game so that the reputation she bears was actually earned by her own deeds--though others may not believe so if/when she is revealed--and my hope is that her impersonation earns her at least a little trouble somewhere down the line.

I'm sure we can work out something that you'll fancy. Depending on the trouble you want her to get into, either Ragnar becomes aware of who she really is and uses it to keep her under her thumb or if you'd rather Ragnar be her source of protection he can keep her in his employ but that doesn't mean she will be respected by her peers within the Red Cloaks, various Knights and just about anyone else that might find someone like her beneath them. Why don't you drop me a PM with what you have in mind and we'll hash it out?

Kokaine

Quote from: Primarch on May 15, 2016, 11:00:12 AM
I'm sure we can work out something that you'll fancy. Depending on the trouble you want her to get into, either Ragnar becomes aware of who she really is and uses it to keep her under her thumb or if you'd rather Ragnar be her source of protection he can keep her in his employ but that doesn't mean she will be respected by her peers within the Red Cloaks, various Knights and just about anyone else that might find someone like her beneath them. Why don't you drop me a PM with what you have in mind and we'll hash it out?

Can do :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Too many fun face claims running around in my head, and no character ideas for my last slot.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

PrestaDGTation

Wow.  I am a newb as far as the lore goes, but I am certainly interested in the game style.

I have two ideas.  One being kind of a manipulative younger member of a greater noble house, whose aspirations are currently being thwarted by a political marriage.  This person would be loosely based on some other schemers I've had on here, and would be congenially bitter at their circumstances, while still maintaining an operating loyalty to their parent house and new family.  Of course, if the chance arose to get ahead at their expense, well.. to quote an unrelated character, 'that will be an interesting day.'

The other concept is sort of a dangerously loyal slave minion.  This person would work exclusively for a single noble, and either because of gratitude, ambition, stockholm syndrome or blind obsession, would operate with a devoted nature that far exceeds healthy levels.  But this minion would actually be strangely capable of getting things done, when this noble needs a pair of hands that aren't afraid to get dirty.  This might hint at their reasons for having sold themselves into slavery in the first place.  The drawback is that, depending on the reasons for their loyalty, they might turn out to be more dangerous than this noble's enemies if they feel slighted.  I can't help it, I like the crazy ones!

Would anyone want to play with either of these characters?  I'll be honest, I'm most interested in the slave right now, but looking at both!  Lemme know, and I'll draft 'em up!

Love~!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Bibliophilia

PrestaDGTation

"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

GnothiSeauton

Always awesome to just be in the same group with you, Prestadgtation <3
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

BruceTheCat

Hey guys!

Let me direct everyone's attention to our new Travel Map. Please use this as reference when determining IC and OOC how long it will take you to travel from one place to another. Also, please use this as a guide to determine how long it would take you to travel from non-indicated places on the map.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248183.msg12322690#msg12322690
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

MasterOfMyFate

WIP

Alistair Rivian
"Soldier of Fortune, Sellsword from the West, and Greatest Swordsman in the World (Self-proclaimed)"

Full Name: Alistair Rivian (Fake name), Eddard *working on a last name*(Name given by mother; Not legitimate)

Occupation: Sellsword, Greatest Swordsman in the World (self-proclaimed), Tourney Frequenter

House: Stark (by blood)

City: King's Landing (For now)

History:

The History he tells
Alistair Rivian was born a farmers boy to small family. Being an only boy, Alistair had no friends nor siblings to entertain. Aspiring more for his life than a farmer's boy, Alistair apprenticed under a local blacksmith in order to learn how to use a sword. Secretly, he would steal tools and minerals to make his own swords and pieces of armor. Growing up with the plan of adventure in mind, Alistair became strong through farm work and slamming a hammer to iron as well as skilled as he would test the blades he and his master made. Reaching the age of 15, Alistair ran away with his supplies and self-made equipment but not before bidding his family a silent farewell. Being picked up by an organized group of sellswords, Alistair would make his fortune working for them. He would take the small tasks that they wouldn't take as well as challenging them to a friendly spar frequently. For five years the boy that ran trained and grew to become a well requested hired sword amongst the land of Westeros. Known for his work behind a blade, Alistair would have even worked for a crown or two back in the day (not that he ever disclosed that information). When he had believed he could gain nothing else working for these sellswords, Alistair left and made his own adventure.

He traveled to Braavos and trained in the art of sword play to evolve his skills beyond that he was known for. It was his chance to see the land beyond Westeros and he took it, probably fathering a few of his own bastards. After being gone for 10 years, Alistair would later retake his work as a Sellsword back in the land of Westeros. Except this time he kept himself independent. He would take down some of the world's greatest criminals in single combat and challenge local tournaments that were held in keeps and small towns alike while participating in multiple categories such as The Melee, Axe Throwing, and Archery. However, his name is usually synonymous with The Melee which earns him fame that has spilled throughout Westeros. Multiple swordsmen and knights alike would challenge him with Alistair unable to suffer defeat. After achieving such feats, Alistair turned to move to King's Landing to face the best knights and hopefully retire once he amassed a huge fortune from it. So far he was able to buy a nice house and enjoy wine every evening. Surprisingly, he has yet to participate in tournaments in King's Landing.

The History Untold
In reality, Alistair was born under the name Eddard of Skagos named after his father's father. Son of Rickon Stark, a survivor of house Stark, Eddard was born a bastard with a mother who he never met and a father who raised him to be a fighter. All his life, Eddard only knew the art of the violence and tales of astonishment of his heritagewith a childhood forged through training and stories of House Stark. Rickon, who was never much of a sword fighter during the War of the Five Kings, remained in Skagos and spent twenty five years growing and learning how to kill which ultimately became what he would pass onto his son along with the stories his own father, Eddard Stark, had told him at a young age. There was room for nothing else but fighting and honor for the Stark name for Eddard according to his father. For Rickon, Eddard was to be his vengeance towards the Lannisters for the crimes to his family. While he was too young to truly remember the violence, he did learn the reason why he would never see his family again. The betrayal of his father and the assassination of his brother and mother along with his remaining sisters and brothers being lost amongst the land were the only thoughts that fulled Rickon's rage. And for that, Rickon made sure Eddard would become a great warrior capable of killing those who wronged his blood. For fifteen years, Eddard would only remember the anger his father put into him along with the sword in his hand. On the sixteenth year of his life, Eddard's father Rickon became bed ridden with sickness. On his deathbed, Rickon realized that in forty years of his life, he has done nothing but push his anger onto a child who would never understand it. As his first and final act as a true father, Rickon made Eddard promise that he would find those with Stark blood flowing through them and protect them. He would no longer be Rickon's Vengeance, but instead Rickon's means to guard his family's legacy. Those were his final words before Rickon was laid to rest with a boy holding the tools his father gave him in his hands; a sword, a bow, and tears.

Leaving Skagos free of his father for the first time in his life, Eddard realized he couldn't simply walk around wearing the name of a disgraced knight. So, when he was founded by a group of sellswords, Eddard scrambled to make a name up on the spot. Rivers was the only name he could give them, to which they thought it wasn't masculine enough. So, they renamed him Alistair Rivian and, by some string of luck, decided to take the young man into their group. Believing they could use an extra hand, they trained the boy in their way of fighting, kept him sheltered, and fed. As payment, Alistair worked for them as a sword for hire himself. With each job, Alistair became better and better at fighting so much so that the other swords began backing down from sparring challenges. For seven years Alistair worked as a mercenary for hire doing jobs as innocent as guarding a caraavan to as sadistic as killing. While he hated to admit it, Alistair enjoyed every minute of it. To cope, Alistair saw it as adventuring like he always wanted to. But, with his mindset aching for something more than the "simple" life he had, Alistair left the group of sellswords and traveled across Westeros to the land of Braavos to enjoy the rest of his life away from the ghost of his father.

Arriving in Braavos, Alistair fell into a pit of financial trouble seeing that it was hard to find work as a hired sword. However, he did not stay that way long for a kind slightly elderly woman offered him work as someone who would take care of her in terms of cleaning her house. For a few months, Alistair stayed within this woman's house cleaning her floors and learning to prepare food with an itch to touch a sword again. When he asked why did she need to be taken care of, knowing full and well that this woman could take care of herself she told the man she was blind. Not knowing what a blind person was, the woman demonstrated her impeccable hearing while also explaining how she could not see. Now understanding, Alistair felt it was his duty to take care of the woman and to finally lay down his sword for true peace in the free city of Braavos. However, it was when he ended up finding a small sword that belong to the woman did he realize what he was truly brought here for. It had to be divine guidance for Alistair to have been brought to this woman as she revealed to have been a master of the water dance of Braavos. After a severe lost at sword play with the woman even with her blindness, Alistair fell to his knees begging the woman to train him. She did not hesitate to say no. For a long time, all Alistair knew to be part of his life was training in the method of water dance sword play while incorporating it with his own style of sword play; something that the woman did not complain, but didn't necessarily approve of either. But Alistair improved tremendously for it. So much so that the woman could barely keep up with Alistair's youth, but Alistair believed it was because he was taking advantage of her not being able to see. He was happy where he was, especially when he started browsing Braavos and found entertainment in the courtesans. But all good things came to an end, even if they lasted for years. Alistair revealed to the woman, one night, who he truly was and to his surprise she showed some anger for his choice of running away from the duty his father gave him. When he asked why, she did not answer. For the next few nights, Alistair was dragged through what appeared to be torture more than training. Once it became too much for Alistair to stomach, Alistair attacked his teacher in anger. The woman, swiftly taking control of his anger, put him in a hold that ultimately knocked him out. Awaking to find the woman sitting by his bed side, she began to speak about how in her life she failed her mission to kill the people who wronged her family and that she too ran. However, much like Alistair, the woman found training that would make her strong and capable of taking her vengeance to a whole new level. Yet she did not. When Alistair asked why, she replied with the fact that her family was too lost for her to leave Braavos. That her roots were so deeply ingrained that she could not leave Braavos just to chase a fantasy of reuniting with a family she could no longer see. That night, Alistair finally understood the true reason why the old gods and the new brought him here to this woman. Within Alistair flowed the blood of a family he would never know unless he did something about it. He had a mission given to him by his father and Alistair realized it was a mission that wasn't for his father but for him. If he could help it, Alistair would succeed where this woman had failed; return home and right the wrongs done to his family. The next morning, Alistair left with the old woman waving him off but not before helping him forge bracers to protect him from blades. When Alistair was beyond her "sight", the woman removed her face to reveal another. A face that Alistair would never see.

Alistair returned to Westeros after having spent eight years in Braavos; returning home with both a mission and his mastery of the blade taught by his master. Now a fully grown adult ripe with vigor, Alistair traveled Westeros in search of the remaining Stark family. With whispers of Winterfell and tales of the living members, Alistair was set on meeting the ones who would rule Winterfell under the banner of house Stark. Yet, his paranoia prevented him from meeting his family as he believed they would not believe he was of Stark blood. With that thought in mind, Alistair wandered Westeros in search of a way to make house Stark accept him; even if it wasn't as family. Joining a small tourney held in a small town, Alistair come out the tournament as a champion of The Melee. Then, a insane thought crossed the man's mind. What if he proved to be a great swordsmen? Maybe even one of the best like the tale of Ser Arthur Dayne (one of his favorite tales to hear)? Maybe he could become THE best. With a smirk on his mouth and a empty pocket to fill, Alistair continued his adventure as a Sellsword who repeatedly entered small and big tourneys in hopes of spreading his name as the (Self-proclaimed) "Greatest Swordsman in the World." To help spread the world, Alistair would continuously spread it himself in pubs and brothels, much to the ire of the people around him. Some may have even spread the word, either claiming that the man was right or that the man was an idiot. Yet Alistair has yet to lose a fight and many people are seeking to rectify this. For four years this song and dance continued until word reached Alistair that King's Landing is welcoming all keepers of their Keep for a meeting amongst leaders. Seeing this as an opportunity to show his skill to house Stark and maybe convince them that he is indeed of Stark blood, Alistair moved to King's Landing and purchased a place of shelter in wait for the Stark family to arrive. He did not stop drinking and fucking as he waited though.

Family Connections:

-Lyanna Catelyn Stark (cousin)
-Doran Stark (cousin)

Appearance:

Alistair appears tall, almost as tall as the Mountain was in the age of the Lannister's rule yet not as muscle bound as the beast was. Alistair usually clads himself in leather armor for maneuverability with a few pieces of metal (such as chainmail underneath the armor and bracers around his forearms), giving him the appearance of a not so knightly member of society. He constantly changes his leather armor whenever he finds a grade better than the current one he wears, but always keeps the bracers he forged himself. Thus it explains why his leather armor always seems to be without tear while his bracers have various marks of cutlery clashed onto it. Much like those of Stark blood of old, Alistair keeps his hair long and tied with scruffy facial hair tamed to a five o'clock shadow. Yet all his hair fails to cover the scar that crosses his left eye. If it was one defining feature that many people recognize Alistair for, it was the scar and the wolf charm he keeps around his neck.

Personality:

Alistair is a very "confident" person with belief in his own ability. Thus, his confident is exuded through his willingness to accept any challenge and act like a drunkard while beating his opponent. To the world, Alistair is a cocky man without a care in the world and no emotional ties to anything. Some theorize that is why he is always alone while others think that he's just a plain ol' "arsehole". Yes, to the world, Alistair puts up a persona of being a drunk and a cold killer but it is only a mask to hide his true purpose. Alistair, in reality, is a man driven to achieve his goal of reuniting with the Stark family and protecting them from a world that has nearly destroyed it 60 years ago. His honor, while a myth to the world, requires him to train to become capable to protect what is left of the Stark family and would not let him see them until he is ready. For fun, Alistair aims to fight every great swordsman until he's the best. To make people angry, he proclaims himself as the worlds greatest swordsman  and no one has been capable of shutting him up yet.

(In paragraph form, please)

Aspirations and Goals:

• -Become herald as the Greatest Swordsman in the World. (not his true agenda)
  • -Reunite with the Stark family and make sure no one threatens it ever again. (True goal/recurring)
  • -At least get married and father one legitimate child. (Does not know if he has bastards or not)

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quriks:

Strengths:

• -Master of the art of sword play: First being taught how to hold a blade by his Stark ancestor, Alistair has traveled the world during his time as a sellsword to mastered his own way of using a sword with a preference to long swords. He has prior experience with exotic types of blades around the world however.
  • -Archery (Adept): While not the greatest Archer, Alistair is able to hit his target almost every time. However, his concentration must be fully focused on the target and he must stay perfectly still. Unable to shoot and move at the same time. This is merely a hobby and has not battle usage so far.
  • -stealth and espionage: During his time of learning to fight he also learned how to go into hiding when he does not want to be found. It was also how he kept tabs on the Starks.
  • -Potent liver: Having drank so much wine and liquor in his youth, he has learned to put people under the table.
  • -Roguish charm: Having been around the world, Alistair has wooed his way into many skirts and tasted various forms of flesh. He would never tell anyone that he lost his virginity in a brothel

Weaknesses:

• -Stark family: Despite not having met his true family, Alistair would do anything to protect them. He would definitely falter if they are used against him.
  • -Fear of snakes: Having been bitten by a snake, Alistair now avoids them like the plague.
  • -barely educated: Knows how to read and write, yet does not understand higher forms of education
  • -man-whore: Loves pretty ladies enough that it may be the death of him.
  • -Alcoholic: He just can't stay away.

Character Death: Preferred not, but when it's dramatic it's hard to say no.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Player's O&Os O&Os

Other Pictures

Faceclaim: Chris Hemsworth

Almost done. Just one small part of history to go over with the GM's before it's all complete.

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

BruceTheCat

Hey guys!

The first GM event is up - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=249345.msg12323364#msg12323364

To reiterate what we said earlier, not all characters need to be in this event. However, we encourage all players to participate with at least 1 of their characters. Aegon will make his announcement at the end of the 3rd day.

We will proceed with that later down the line, after we have had a chance to RP for a while.
- scribus1000

Kokaine

My O/Os

MasterOfMyFate

Alistair Rivian (Eddard of Skagos and apprentice of a old woman)

Alistair Rivian
"Soldier of Fortune, Sellsword from the West, and Greatest Swordsman in the World (Self-proclaimed)"

Full Name: Alistair Rivian (Fake name), Eddard *working on a last name*(Name given by mother; Not legitimate)

Occupation: Sellsword, Greatest Swordsman in the World (self-proclaimed), Tourney Frequenter

History:

The History he tells
Alistair Rivian was born a farmers boy to small family. Being an only boy, Alistair had no friends nor siblings to entertain. Aspiring more for his life than a farmer's boy, Alistair apprenticed under a local blacksmith in order to learn how to use a sword. Secretly, he would steal tools and minerals to make his own swords and pieces of armor. Growing up with the plan of adventure in mind, Alistair became strong through farm work and slamming a hammer to iron as well as skilled as he would test the blades he and his master made. Reaching the age of 15, Alistair ran away with his supplies and self-made equipment but not before bidding his family a silent farewell. Being picked up by an organized group of sellswords, Alistair would make his fortune working for them. He would take the small tasks that they wouldn't take as well as challenging them to a friendly spar frequently. For five years the boy that ran trained and grew to become a well requested hired sword amongst the land of Westeros. Known for his work behind a blade, Alistair would have even worked for a crown or two back in the day (not that he ever disclosed that information). When he had believed he could gain nothing else working for these sellswords, Alistair left and made his own adventure.

He traveled to Braavos and trained in the art of sword play to evolve his skills beyond that he was known for. It was his chance to see the land beyond Westeros and he took it, probably fathering a few of his own bastards. After being gone for 10 years, Alistair would later retake his work as a Sellsword back in the land of Westeros. Except this time he kept himself independent. He would take down some of the world's greatest criminals in single combat and challenge local tournaments that were held in keeps and small towns alike while participating in multiple categories such as The Melee, Axe Throwing, and Archery. However, his name is usually synonymous with The Melee which earns him fame that has spilled throughout Westeros. Multiple swordsmen and knights alike would challenge him with Alistair unable to suffer defeat. After achieving such feats, Alistair turned to move to King's Landing to face the best knights and hopefully retire once he amassed a huge fortune from it. So far he was able to buy a nice house and enjoy wine every evening. Surprisingly, he has yet to participate in tournaments in King's Landing.

The History Untold
In reality, Alistair was born under the name Eddard of Skagos named after his father's father. Son of Rickon Stark, a survivor of house Stark, Eddard was born a bastard with a mother who he never met and a father who raised him to be a fighter. All his life, Eddard only knew the art of the violence and tales of astonishment of his heritagewith a childhood forged through training and stories of House Stark. Rickon, who was never much of a sword fighter during the War of the Five Kings, remained in Skagos and spent twenty five years growing and learning how to kill which ultimately became what he would pass onto his son along with the stories his own father, Eddard Stark, had told him at a young age. There was room for nothing else but fighting and honor for the Stark name for Eddard according to his father. For Rickon, Eddard was to be his vengeance towards the Lannisters for the crimes to his family. While he was too young to truly remember the violence, he did learn the reason why he would never see his family again. The betrayal of his father and the assassination of his brother and mother along with his remaining sisters and brothers being lost amongst the land were the only thoughts that fulled Rickon's rage. And for that, Rickon made sure Eddard would become a great warrior capable of killing those who wronged his blood. For fifteen years, Eddard would only remember the anger his father put into him along with the sword in his hand. On the sixteenth year of his life, Eddard's father Rickon became bed ridden with sickness. On his deathbed, Rickon realized that in forty years of his life, he has done nothing but push his anger onto a child who would never understand it. As his first and final act as a true father, Rickon made Eddard promise that he would find those with Stark blood flowing through them and protect them. He would no longer be Rickon's Vengeance, but instead Rickon's means to guard his family's legacy. Those were his final words before Rickon was laid to rest with a boy holding the tools his father gave him in his hands; a sword, a bow, and tears.

Leaving Skagos free of his father for the first time in his life, Eddard realized he couldn't simply walk around wearing the name of a disgraced knight. So, when he was founded by a group of sellswords, Eddard scrambled to make a name up on the spot. Rivers was the only name he could give them, to which they thought it wasn't masculine enough. So, they renamed him Alistair Rivian and, by some string of luck, decided to take the young man into their group. Believing they could use an extra hand, they trained the boy in their way of fighting, kept him sheltered, and fed. As payment, Alistair worked for them as a sword for hire himself. With each job, Alistair became better and better at fighting so much so that the other swords began backing down from sparring challenges. For seven years Alistair worked as a mercenary for hire doing jobs as innocent as guarding a caraavan to as sadistic as killing. While he hated to admit it, Alistair enjoyed every minute of it. To cope, Alistair saw it as adventuring like he always wanted to. But, with his mindset aching for something more than the "simple" life he had, Alistair left the group of sellswords and traveled across Westeros to the land of Braavos to enjoy the rest of his life away from the ghost of his father.

Arriving in Braavos, Alistair fell into a pit of financial trouble seeing that it was hard to find work as a hired sword. However, he did not stay that way long for a kind slightly elderly woman offered him work as someone who would take care of her in terms of cleaning her house. For a few months, Alistair stayed within this woman's house cleaning her floors and learning to prepare food with an itch to touch a sword again. When he asked why did she need to be taken care of, knowing full and well that this woman could take care of herself she told the man she was blind. Not knowing what a blind person was, the woman demonstrated her impeccable hearing while also explaining how she could not see. Now understanding, Alistair felt it was his duty to take care of the woman and to finally lay down his sword for true peace in the free city of Braavos. However, it was when he ended up finding a small sword that belong to the woman did he realize what he was truly brought here for. It had to be divine guidance for Alistair to have been brought to this woman as she revealed to have been a master of the water dance of Braavos. After a severe lost at sword play with the woman even with her blindness, Alistair fell to his knees begging the woman to train him. She did not hesitate to say no. For a long time, all Alistair knew to be part of his life was training in the method of water dance sword play while incorporating it with his own style of sword play; something that the woman did not complain, but didn't necessarily approve of either. But Alistair improved tremendously for it. So much so that the woman could barely keep up with Alistair's youth, but Alistair believed it was because he was taking advantage of her not being able to see. He was happy where he was, especially when he started browsing Braavos and found entertainment in the courtesans. But all good things came to an end, even if they lasted for years. Alistair revealed to the woman, one night, who he truly was and to his surprise she showed some anger for his choice of running away from the duty his father gave him. When he asked why, she did not answer. For the next few nights, Alistair was dragged through what appeared to be torture more than training. Once it became too much for Alistair to stomach, Alistair attacked his teacher in anger. The woman, swiftly taking control of his anger, put him in a hold that ultimately knocked him out. Awaking to find the woman sitting by his bed side, she began to speak about how in her life she failed her mission to kill the people who wronged her family and that she too ran. However, much like Alistair, the woman found training that would make her strong and capable of taking her vengeance to a whole new level. Yet she did not. When Alistair asked why, she replied with the fact that her family was too lost for her to leave Braavos. That her roots were so deeply ingrained that she could not leave Braavos just to chase a fantasy of reuniting with a family she could no longer see. That night, Alistair finally understood the true reason why the old gods and the new brought him here to this woman. Within Alistair flowed the blood of a family he would never know unless he did something about it. He had a mission given to him by his father and Alistair realized it was a mission that wasn't for his father but for him. If he could help it, Alistair would succeed where this woman had failed; return home and right the wrongs done to his family. The next morning, Alistair left with the old woman waving him off but not before helping him forge bracers to protect him from blades. When Alistair was beyond her "sight", the woman removed her face to reveal another. A face that Alistair would never see.

Alistair returned to Westeros after having spent eight years in Braavos; returning home with both a mission and his mastery of the blade taught by his master. Now a fully grown adult ripe with vigor, Alistair traveled Westeros in search of the remaining Stark family. With whispers of Winterfell and tales of the living members, Alistair was set on meeting the ones who would rule Winterfell under the banner of house Stark. Yet, his paranoia prevented him from meeting his family as he believed they would not believe he was of Stark blood. With that thought in mind, Alistair wandered Westeros in search of a way to make house Stark accept him; even if it wasn't as family. Joining a small tourney held in a small town, Alistair come out the tournament as a champion of The Melee. Then, a insane thought crossed the man's mind. What if he proved to be a great swordsmen? Maybe even one of the best like the tale of Ser Arthur Dayne (one of his favorite tales to hear)? Maybe he could become THE best. With a smirk on his mouth and a empty pocket to fill, Alistair continued his adventure as a Sellsword who repeatedly entered small and big tourneys in hopes of spreading his name as the (Self-proclaimed) "Greatest Swordsman in the World." To help spread the world, Alistair would continuously spread it himself in pubs and brothels, much to the ire of the people around him. Some may have even spread the word, either claiming that the man was right or that the man was an idiot. Yet Alistair has yet to lose a fight and many people are seeking to rectify this. For four years this song and dance continued until word reached Alistair that King's Landing is welcoming all keepers of their Keep for a meeting amongst leaders. Seeing this as an opportunity to show his skill to house Stark and maybe convince them that he is indeed of Stark blood, Alistair moved to King's Landing and purchased a place of shelter in wait for the Stark family to arrive. He did not stop drinking and fucking as he waited though.

Family Connections:

-Doran Stark (cousin)

Appearance:

Alistair appears tall, almost as tall as the Mountain was in the age of the Lannister's rule yet not as muscle bound as the beast was. Alistair usually clads himself in leather armor for maneuverability with a few pieces of metal (such as chainmail underneath the armor and bracers around his forearms), giving him the appearance of a not so knightly member of society. He constantly changes his leather armor whenever he finds a grade better than the current one he wears, but always keeps the bracers he forged himself. Thus it explains why his leather armor always seems to be without tear while his bracers have various marks of cutlery clashed onto it. Much like those of Stark blood of old, Alistair keeps his hair long and tied with scruffy facial hair tamed to a five o'clock shadow. Yet all his hair fails to cover the scar that crosses his left eye. If it was one defining feature that many people recognize Alistair for, it was the scar and the wolf charm he keeps around his neck.

Personality:

Alistair is a very "confident" person with belief in his own ability. Thus, his confident is exuded through his willingness to accept any challenge and act like a drunkard while beating his opponent. To the world, Alistair is a cocky man without a care in the world and no emotional ties to anything. Some theorize that is why he is always alone while others think that he's just a plain ol' "arsehole". Yes, to the world, Alistair puts up a persona of being a drunk and a cold killer but it is only a mask to hide his true purpose. Alistair, in reality, is a man driven to achieve his goal of reuniting with the Stark family and protecting them from a world that has nearly destroyed it 60 years ago. His honor, while a myth to the world, requires him to train to become capable to protect what is left of the Stark family and would not let him see them until he is ready. For fun, Alistair aims to fight every great swordsman until he's the best. To make people angry, he proclaims himself as the worlds greatest swordsman  and no one has been capable of shutting him up yet.

Aspirations and Goals:

• -Reunite with the Stark family and make sure no one threatens it ever again. (True goal/recurring)
  • -At least get married and father one legitimate child. (Does not know if he has bastards or not)

Strengths:

• -Master of the art of sword play: First being taught how to hold a blade by his Stark ancestor, Alistair has traveled the world during his time as a sellsword to mastered his own version of sword play with a preference towards long swords. He has prior experience using other exotic types of blades though with most of his experience being in long swords.
  • -Archery (Adept): While not the greatest Archer, Alistair is able to hit his target almost every time. However, his concentration must be fully focused on the target and he must stay perfectly still. Unable to shoot and move at the same time. This skill is mostly just for sport and for tourneys with little to no actual battle applications.
  • -stealth and espionage: During his time of learning to fight he also learned how to go into hiding when he does not want to be found. It was also how he kept tabs on the Starks.
  • -Potent liver: Having drank so much wine and liquor in his youth, he has learned to put people under the table.
  • -Roguish charm: Having been around the world, Alistair has wooed his way into many skirts and tasted various forms of flesh. He would never tell anyone that he lost his virginity in a brothel

Weaknesses:

• -Stark family: Despite not having met his true family, Alistair would do anything to protect them. He would definitely falter if they are used against him.
  • -Fear of snakes: Having been bitten by a snake, Alistair now avoids them like the plague.
  • -barely educated: Knows how to read and write, yet does not understand higher forms of education

Player's O&Os O&Os

Other Pictures

Finished. Waiting for approval.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Verasaille

I had to read the entire thing so I would not miss anything. But I have to say I have always wanted to do a GOT rp. Not sure if a group game will satisfy my hunger for it though, as group games tend to either die of stagnation, or the pace is so slow it is hard to be patient.

Is there room for another few? This is so huge already I would understand if you said no. I have in mind a few different characters. I am willing to create something that might be lacking, or fill in where there is no voice currently.

I have read the books, which go into a lot more detail than the tv series. I have a few questions as well. Is there a reason to leave out the Faceless? I do enjoy portraying a rogue or assassin character. Of course I do not need to do that strictly as a Faceless.

I would love to portray a female knight. I adore Brienne in the series. Someone like her would be delicious. A warrior who is dedicated to serving one House, as a Champion or merely as a Guard Captain, maybe?

Finally I think a character something like Bran Stark. A Seer or a witch who knows the Old Ways. The Three Eyed Raven was such a fascinating character. As a cripple she is a beggar in the streets of King's Landing. But she has the gift of prophecy, and can travel to the past to gain meaningful insights. She can be used by one of the Houses as a source of intell. Maybe they watch over her and protect her from harm.  I realize this last one is a stretch. 

So If there are any of you seeking a Knight or a Seer or an Assassin, give me some idea how I can best serve the group.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Aiden

You can go Assassin, but not necessarily from the Church of the Black and White as being associated with them comes with a magical affinity (which is not currently permitted in the game)

Same with the Seer (magic is not permitted at this time)

This game is lacking Knights, in game there is only 2. So you could go that route.

My Hand of the King serves in the crown's professional army and if a woman proved herself worthy, she would be allowed to serve in the Brotherhood.

Or you can make a Knight loyal to another house.

Caela

Quote from: Verasaille on May 16, 2016, 08:40:48 PM
I had to read the entire thing so I would not miss anything. But I have to say I have always wanted to do a GOT rp. Not sure if a group game will satisfy my hunger for it though, as group games tend to either die of stagnation, or the pace is so slow it is hard to be patient.

Is there room for another few? This is so huge already I would understand if you said no. I have in mind a few different characters. I am willing to create something that might be lacking, or fill in where there is no voice currently.

I have read the books, which go into a lot more detail than the tv series. I have a few questions as well. Is there a reason to leave out the Faceless? I do enjoy portraying a rogue or assassin character. Of course I do not need to do that strictly as a Faceless.

I would love to portray a female knight. I adore Brienne in the series. Someone like her would be delicious. A warrior who is dedicated to serving one House, as a Champion or merely as a Guard Captain, maybe?

Finally I think a character something like Bran Stark. A Seer or a witch who knows the Old Ways. The Three Eyed Raven was such a fascinating character. As a cripple she is a beggar in the streets of King's Landing. But she has the gift of prophecy, and can travel to the past to gain meaningful insights. She can be used by one of the Houses as a source of intell. Maybe they watch over her and protect her from harm.  I realize this last one is a stretch. 

So If there are any of you seeking a Knight or a Seer or an Assassin, give me some idea how I can best serve the group.

Right now the GM's aren't allowing magic in the game because they want to strike a balance with the "normal" folks first. They have said that down the road it might be a possibility but it would be kept exceptionally rare even if it was allowed.  Your female Knight sounds like a fantastic idea..we could use more knights.

Rel Mayer

Hey Vera!

Everyone is pretty spot on. There is no magic to keep things balanced in the beginning of the game. We'll start to add magic once the story gets a bit further, but it may be a bit messy to in the beginning.

An assassin would be quite alright, as for a Faceless. Not right now.

The knight idea sounds awesome though. Love to see what it could manifest into. Let us know if you have any questions.

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 16, 2016, 07:38:39 PM
Alistair Rivian (Eddard of Skagos and apprentice of a old woman)

Alistair Rivian

History:

The History he tells

The History Untold

Family Connections:

-Doran Stark (cousin)

Appearance:

Personality:

Aspirations and Goals:

Strengths:

• -Master of the art of sword play: First being taught how to hold a blade by his Stark ancestor, Alistair has traveled the world during his time as a sellsword to perfect his art no matter the size of the blade
  • -Archery (Adept): While not the greatest Archer, Alistair is able to hit his target almost every time. However, his concentration must be fully focused on the target and he must stay perfectly still. Unable to shoot and move at the same time

Weaknesses:

Player's O&Os O&Os

Other Pictures

Finished. Waiting for approval.

I'm sorry about the delay on getting back to you, but I've honestly been so tired today I haven't quite read through the sheet. Do you mind giving us until tomorrow to go over your sheet? We can PM you with the details.

WhatLiesAbove

I can help you make up an assassin. And my girl Darya could always use a trusted soldier to help her with missions!

Haloriel

Okay. I have finished my character sheet. If anyone wants to build connections with my Lady Ilaeryn Dayne, that would be great! <3

Edit: Now approved :D

Amelita

PM me when she's approved, Halo. I write Sarella Martell :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red