Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haloriel

After a brief chat with Rel Mayer, whom was very helpful (thanks again) - I am notating my interest in this game with a character in progress from House Dayne with a (possible) very minor attachment to House Targaryen through a cousinship (barred from throne). Who she is, I am not sure just yet, but I have nailed down her name and appearance. If anyone has an interest in plotting while I pluck my way through a character sheet, I'd love to make connections!

Name: Lady Ilaeryn Dayne
Face Claim: Annabella Hilal

Swashbuckler

Hmmmmmmmm......this looks VERY interesting.    I will have to dwell on a concept a little more.

MasterOfMyFate

So where are the Starks in all this? I'm thinking of making a Stark bastard, but doesn't necessarily mean it would come from the Eddard family line.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Swashbuckler on May 13, 2016, 06:00:43 AM
Hmmmmmmmm......this looks VERY interesting.    I will have to dwell on a concept a little more.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 13, 2016, 11:46:45 AM
So where are the Starks in all this? I'm thinking of making a Stark bastard, but doesn't necessarily mean it would come from the Eddard family line.

Right now there are two Starks that are a bit higher born, but a bastard wouldn't be far fetched! I'd discuss with Caela and Urbanzorro, since they're the other Starks.

There is also Agnes (Amelita's character) who is actually living in the Iron Isles, but she has some blood relation to the Starks.

Swashbuckler

I am thinking of a Dornish mercenary (probably a Sand), or a Water Dancer son of one of the mercenaries that came over with The Mother of Dragons. 

Are any of the high born looking for a bodyguard, hired sword like that?  Can/should I post that question in the OOC?

sweets

Quote from: Swashbuckler on May 13, 2016, 12:15:19 PM
I am thinking of a Dornish mercenary (probably a Sand), or a Water Dancer son of one of the mercenaries that came over with The Mother of Dragons. 

Are any of the high born looking for a bodyguard, hired sword like that?  Can/should I post that question in the OOC?

My Shana needs a body guard, she is from Qarth however.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Swashbuckler on May 13, 2016, 12:15:19 PM

Of course! Feel free to post in the OOC with any questions you may have.

OOC Thread.

Caela

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 13, 2016, 11:46:45 AM

Whose line were you thinking they would be from if not Ned's?? To be a Stark wouldn't they have to be descended from one of Ned's kids? The only brother I've seen mentioned was of the Nightwatch and didn't have children and his sister was dead...

My girl, Lyanna, is always happy to have more family, I'm just curious where your character would be connected to them from.

Urban and I have grandchildren of Sansa who were raised at, and pretty much handle the day-to-day running of Winterfell as their grandmother gets older. Urban's, Doran, is the current heir to Winterfell.

Ames has a second cousin who is a grandchild of Brandon's who was raised and lives in the Iron Isles. While aware of the connection they havent actually met, though there is plotiness for this to happen and should be interesting! :D

Aiden

We also Have Rickton! I imagined he is the Lord of Skagos now.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Aiden on May 13, 2016, 04:20:29 PM
We also Have Rickton  Rickon! I imagined he is the Lord of Skagos now.

Fixed.  >.>

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Caela on May 13, 2016, 03:55:50 PM
Whose line were you thinking they would be from if not Ned's?? To be a Stark wouldn't they have to be descended from one of Ned's kids? The only brother I've seen mentioned was of the Nightwatch and didn't have children and his sister was dead...

My girl, Lyanna, is always happy to have more family, I'm just curious where your character would be connected to them from.

Urban and I have grandchildren of Sansa who were raised at, and pretty much handle the day-to-day running of Winterfell as their grandmother gets older. Urban's, Doran, is the current heir to Winterfell.

Ames has a second cousin who is a grandchild of Brandon's who was raised and lives in the Iron Isles. While aware of the connection they havent actually met, though there is plotiness for this to happen and should be interesting! :D

I actually had two ideas for this.

One of Eddard's lines: Arya Stark as his mother. The character I am going for is someone who has earned himself the title of the Greatest Swordsman in the world who works as a sellsword, but is secretly trying to protect the Stark line as a dying wish of his mother. And to do that he is earning himself legitimacy before presenting himself to the current Stark family. He would be significantly older.

The other idea was to be the son of a bastard from Benjen Stark (Eddard Stark's Night's Watch brother). The Bastard would've been conceived before Benjen took the black after a night of passion OR while he was out missing behind the wall with a Wildling mother. Being the child of a wildling, my character would've sneaked beyond the wall as a small boy and grew into a man.

I'm more leaning towards Arya as his mother simply because he would have been raised in secret in Braavos even from the Faceless Men.

Edit: Also, he frequents tourneys as a contender. Thus how he spreads the word that he's the Greatest Swordsman in the world.
Master ON/OFF

Aiden

We have enough greatest swordsmen already and one confirmed.

Princess Targeryan.

Also this is set 60 years after the war of the five kings.

Arya is a faceless (I doubt she would have children).

and Benjen, while a bastard is possible, it takes 60 years in the future.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on May 13, 2016, 05:25:28 PM

Princess Targeryan.

Aiden

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Aiden on May 13, 2016, 05:25:28 PM

Princess Targeryan.

Self-proclaimed is the envisioned idea.

Arya being part of the faceless men does not mean she could not mother children. Another idea is that she ran from them to finish her list of people to kill. Being young after the War of the Five Kings, she could have had my character twenty years after. My envision age is 40ish with his goals to protect what is left of his family.

The Benjen idea is that Benjen had a child and the child of that child is my character. A man with Stark blood, but no name to claim and yet knows of his ancestry.
Master ON/OFF

Primarch

I'm certainly not against someone from Essos coming along with a fancy claim to talent.

Personally I think the concept of a potential Mexican stand off between great fighters, any of who could beat the other on any given day, is much more interesting than having one person who is the undisputed best of the best to the point of it being fact.

Aiden

But it comes down to how is willing to lose (and die)

No one wants to lose in general, less in a free form game.

MasterOfMyFate

WIP

Alistair Rivian
"Soldier of Fortune, Sellsword from the West, and Greatest Swordsman in the World (Self-proclaimed)"

Full Name: Alistair Rivian (Fake name), Eddard *working on a last name*(Name given by mother; Not legitimate)

Occupation: Sellsword, Greatest Swordsman in the World (self-proclaimed), Tourney Frequenter

House: Stark (by blood)

City: King's Landing (For now)

History:

The History he tells
Alistair Rivian was born a farmers boy to small family. Being an only boy, Alistair had no friends nor siblings to entertain. Aspiring more for his life than a farmer's boy, Alistair apprenticed under a local blacksmith in order to learn how to use a sword. Secretly, he would steal tools and minerals to make his own swords and pieces of armor. Growing up with the plan of adventure in mind, Alistair became strong through farm work and slamming a hammer to iron as well as skilled as he would test the blades he and his master made. Reaching the age of 15, Alistair ran away with his supplies and self-made equipment but not before bidding his family a silent farewell. Being picked up by an organized group of sellswords, Alistair would make his fortune working for them. He would take the small tasks that they wouldn't take as well as challenging them to a friendly spar frequently. For five years the boy that ran trained and grew to become a well requested hired sword amongst the land of Westeros. Known for his work behind a blade, Alistair would have even worked for a crown or two back in the day (not that he ever disclosed that information). When he had believed he could gain nothing else working for these sellswords, Alistair left and made his own adventure.

He traveled to Braavos and trained in the art of sword play to evolve his skills beyond that he was known for. It was his chance to see the land beyond Westeros and he took it, probably fathering a few of his own bastards. After being gone for 10 years, Alistair would later retake his work as a Sellsword back in the land of Westeros. Except this time he kept himself independent. He would take down some of the world's greatest criminals in single combat and challenge local tournaments that were held in keeps and small towns alike while participating in multiple categories such as The Melee, Axe Throwing, and Archery. However, his name is usually synonymous with The Melee which earns him fame that has spilled throughout Westeros. Multiple swordsmen and knights alike would challenge him with Alistair unable to suffer defeat. After achieving such feats, Alistair turned to move to King's Landing to face the best knights and hopefully retire once he amassed a huge fortune from it. So far he was able to buy a nice house and enjoy wine every evening. Surprisingly, he has yet to participate in tournaments in King's Landing.

The History Untold
In reality, Alistair was born under the name Eddard of Skagos named after his father's father. Son of Rickon Stark, a survivor of house Stark, Eddard was born a bastard with a mother who he never met and a father who raised him to be a fighter. All his life, Eddard only knew the art of the violence and tales of astonishment of his heritagewith a childhood forged through training and stories of House Stark. Rickon, who was never much of a sword fighter during the War of the Five Kings, remained in Skagos and spent twenty five years growing and learning how to kill which ultimately became what he would pass onto his son along with the stories his own father, Eddard Stark, had told him at a young age. There was room for nothing else but fighting and honor for the Stark name for Eddard according to his father. For Rickon, Eddard was to be his vengeance towards the Lannisters for the crimes to his family. While he was too young to truly remember the violence, he did learn the reason why he would never see his family again. The betrayal of his father and the assassination of his brother and mother along with his remaining sisters and brothers being lost amongst the land were the only thoughts that fulled Rickon's rage. And for that, Rickon made sure Eddard would become a great warrior capable of killing those who wronged his blood. For fifteen years, Eddard would only remember the anger his father put into him along with the sword in his hand. On the sixteenth year of his life, Eddard's father Rickon became bed ridden with sickness. On his deathbed, Rickon realized that in forty years of his life, he has done nothing but push his anger onto a child who would never understand it. As his first and final act as a true father, Rickon made Eddard promise that he would find those with Stark blood flowing through them and protect them. He would no longer be Rickon's Vengeance, but instead Rickon's means to guard his family's legacy. Those were his final words before Rickon was laid to rest with a boy holding the tools his father gave him in his hands; a sword, a bow, and tears.

Leaving Skagos free of his father for the first time in his life, Eddard realized he couldn't simply walk around wearing the name of a disgraced knight. So, when he was founded by a group of sellswords, Eddard scrambled to make a name up on the spot. Rivers was the only name he could give them, to which they thought it wasn't masculine enough. So, they renamed him Alistair Rivian and, by some string of luck, decided to take the young man into their group. Believing they could use an extra hand, they trained the boy in their way of fighting, kept him sheltered, and fed. As payment, Alistair worked for them as a sword for hire himself. With each job, Alistair became better and better at fighting so much so that the other swords began backing down from sparring challenges. For seven years Alistair worked as a mercenary for hire doing jobs as innocent as guarding a caraavan to as sadistic as killing. While he hated to admit it, Alistair enjoyed every minute of it. To cope, Alistair saw it as adventuring like he always wanted to. But, with his mindset aching for something more than the "simple" life he had, Alistair left the group of sellswords and traveled across Westeros to the land of Braavos to enjoy the rest of his life away from the ghost of his father.

(INSERT BRAAVOS STORY HERE)

Returning from Braavos with both a mission and his mastery of the blade taught by his master, Alistair returned after eight years in Braavos. Now a fully grown adult ripe with vigor, Alistair traveled Westeros in search of the remaining Stark family. With whispers of Winterfell and tales of the living members, Alistair was set on meeting the ones who would rule Winterfell under the banner of house Stark. Yet, his paranoia prevented him from meeting his family as he believed they would not believe he was of Stark blood. With that thought in mind, Alistair wandered Westeros in search of a way to make house Stark accept him; even if it wasn't as family. Joining a small tourney held in a small town, Alistair come out the tournament as a champion of The Melee. Then, a insane thought crossed the man's mind. What if he proved to be a great swordsmen? Maybe even one of the best like the tale of Ser Arthur Dayne (one of his favorite tales to hear)? Maybe he could become THE best. With a smirk on his mouth and a empty pocket to fill, Alistair continued his adventure as a Sellsword who repeatedly entered small and big tourneys in hopes of spreading his name as the (Self-proclaimed) "Greatest Swordsman in the World." To help spread the world, Alistair would continuously spread it himself in pubs and brothels, much to the ire of the people around him. Some may have even spread the word, either claiming that the man was right or that the man was an idiot. Yet Alistair has yet to lose a fight and many people are seeking to rectify this. For four years this song and dance continued until word reached Alistair that King's Landing is welcoming all keepers of their Keep for a meeting amongst leaders. Seeing this as an opportunity to show his skill to house Stark and maybe convince them that he is indeed of Stark blood, Alistair moved to King's Landing and purchased a place of shelter in wait for the Stark family to arrive. He did not stop drinking and fucking as he waited though.

Family Connections:

-Lyanna Catelyn Stark (cousin)
-Doran Stark (cousin)

Appearance:

Alistair appears tall, almost as tall as the Mountain was in the age of the Lannister's rule yet not as muscle bound as the beast was. Alistair usually clads himself in leather armor for maneuverability with a few pieces of metal (such as chainmail underneath the armor and bracers around his forearms), giving him the appearance of a not so knightly member of society. He constantly changes his leather armor whenever he finds a grade better than the current one he wears, but always keeps the bracers he forged himself. Thus it explains why his leather armor always seems to be without tear while his bracers have various marks of cutlery clashed onto it. Much like those of Stark blood of old, Alistair keeps his hair long and tied with scruffy facial hair tamed to a five o'clock shadow. Yet all his hair fails to cover the scar that crosses his left eye. If it was one defining feature that many people recognize Alistair for, it was the scar and the wolf charm he keeps around his neck.

Personality:

Alistair is a very "confident" person with belief in his own ability. Thus, his confident is exuded through his willingness to accept any challenge and act like a drunkard while beating his opponent. To the world, Alistair is a cocky man without a care in the world and no emotional ties to anything. Some theorize that is why he is always alone while others think that he's just a plain ol' "arsehole". Yes, to the world, Alistair puts up a persona of being a drunk and a cold killer but it is only a mask to hide his true purpose. Alistair, in reality, is a man driven to achieve his goal of reuniting with the Stark family and protecting them from a world that has nearly destroyed it 60 years ago. His honor, while a myth to the world, requires him to train to become capable to protect what is left of the Stark family and would not let him see them until he is ready. For fun, Alistair aims to fight every great swordsman until he's the best. To make people angry, he proclaims himself as the worlds greatest swordsman  and no one has been capable of shutting him up yet.

(In paragraph form, please)

Aspirations and Goals:

• -Become herald as the Greatest Swordsman in the World. (not his true agenda)
  • -Reunite with the Stark family and make sure no one threatens it ever again. (True goal/recurring)
  • -At least get married and father one legitimate child. (Does not know if he has bastards or not)

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quriks:

Strengths:

• -Master of the art of sword play: First being taught how to hold a blade by his Stark ancestor, Alistair has traveled the world during his time as a sellsword to perfect his art no matter the size of the blade
  • -Archery (Adept): While not the greatest Archer, Alistair is able to hit his target almost every time. However, his concentration must be fully focused on the target and he must stay perfectly still. Unable to shoot and move at the same time
  • -stealth and espionage: During his time of learning to fight he also learned how to go into hiding when he does not want to be found. It was also how he kept tabs on the Starks.
  • -Potent liver: Having drank so much wine and liquor in his youth, he has learned to put people under the table.
  • -Roguish charm: Having been around the world, Alistair has wooed his way into many skirts and tasted various forms of flesh. He would never tell anyone that he lost his virginity in a brothel

Weaknesses:

• -Stark family: Despite not having met his true family, Alistair would do anything to protect them. He would definitely falter if they are used against him.
  • -Fear of snakes: Having been bitten by a snake, Alistair now avoids them like the plague.
  • -barely educated: Knows how to read and write, yet does not understand higher forms of education
  • -man-whore: Loves pretty ladies enough that it may be the death of him.

Character Death: Preferred not, but when it's dramatic it's hard to say no.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Player's O&Os O&Os

Other Pictures

Faceclaim: Chris Hemsworth

What I made so far with a history (Fake) to show his fake identity. Still working on the real one if I get the go ahead on familial ties.
Master ON/OFF

Primarch

Well that's where plotting comes in. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. You let me win fight X, I let you win fight Y. My character will make a comment to the skill/bravery/ingenuity of yours & you return the favour so we're not just blowing our own horns.

Its how I tend to handle it but it most certainly can get messy when people into a fight scenario with no plan.

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on May 13, 2016, 05:44:11 PM
But it comes down to how is willing to lose (and die)

No one wants to lose in general, less in a free form game.

That's what pre-plotting and the dicebot are for. :D

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF

Caela

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 13, 2016, 05:47:29 PM
WIP

Alistair Rivian
"Champion of Tourney's, Sellsword of the West, and Greatest Swordsman in the World (Self-proclaimed)"

Full Name: Alistair Rivian (Fake name), Eddard *working on a last name*(Name given by mother; Not legitimate)

Occupation: Sellsword, Greatest Swordsman in the World (self-proclaimed), Tourney Champion

History:

The History he tells
Alistair Rivian was born a farmers boy to small family. Being an only boy, Alistair had no friends nor siblings to entertain. Aspiring more for his life than a farmer's boy, Alistair apprenticed under a local blacksmith in order to learn how to use a sword. Secretly, he would steal tools and minerals to make his own swords and pieces of armor. Growing up with the plan of adventure in mind, Alistair became strong through farm work and slamming a hammer to iron as well as skilled as he would test the blades he and his master made. Reaching the age of 15, Alistair ran away with his supplies and self-made equipment but not before bidding his family a silent farewell. Being picked up by an organized group of sellswords, Alistair would make his fortune working for them. He would take the small tasks that they wouldn't take as well as challenging them to a friendly spar frequently. For five years the boy that ran trained and grew to become a well requested hired sword amongst the land of Westeros. Known for his work behind a blade, Alistair would have even worked for a crown or two back in the day (not that he ever disclosed that information). When he had believed he could gain nothing else working for these sellswords, Alistair left and made his own adventure.

He traveled to Braavos and trained in the art of sword play to evolve his skills beyond that he was known for. It was his chance to see the land beyond Westeros and he took it, probably fathering a few of his own bastards. After being gone for 10 years, Alistair would later retake his work as a Sellsword back in the land of Westeros. Except this time he kept himself independent. He would take down some of the world's greatest criminals in single combat and challenge local tournaments that were held in keeps and small towns alike while participating in multiple categories such as The Melee, Axe Throwing, and Archery. However, his name is usually synonymous with The Melee which earns him fame that has spilled throughout Westeros. Multiple swordsmen and knights alike would challenge him with Alistair unable to suffer defeat. After achieving such feats, Alistair turned to move to King's Landing to face the best knights and hopefully retire once he amassed a huge fortune from it. So far he was able to buy a nice house and enjoy wine every evening. Surprisingly, he has yet to participate in tournaments in King's Landing.

The History Untold
WIP

Family Connections:

(List Family Connections Here)

Appearance:

(What do they usually wear? Any interesting scars or birthmarks?)

Personality:

Aspirations and Goals:

(Bullets, please. What does your character strive to do in the end?)

Strengths: (3+ in list form)

Weaknesses: (3+ in list form)

Character Death: (Yes/No. If head of house, it has to be Yes.)

Sexuality: (All welcome)

Player's O&Os (Link, List or N/A)

Other Pictures

What I made so far with a history (Fake) to show his fake identity. Still working on the real one if I get the go ahead on familial ties.

Get the go ahead for the background from the GMs and, as I said, Lyanna is always happy for more family.

Aiden

Claiming Hand of the King

Liam Neeson as a Face Claim

and House Tarly as Father and Heir

Amelita

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 13, 2016, 05:47:29 PM
WIP

Alistair Rivian
"Champion of Tourney's, Sellsword of the West, and Greatest Swordsman in the World (Self-proclaimed)"

Occupation: Sellsword, Greatest Swordsman in the World (self-proclaimed), Tourney Champion

History:

The History he tells

The History Untold
WIP

Family Connections:

(List Family Connections Here)

Appearance:

(What do they usually wear? Any interesting scars or birthmarks?)

Personality:

Aspirations and Goals:

(Bullets, please. What does your character strive to do in the end?)

Strengths: (3+ in list form)

Weaknesses: (3+ in list form)

Character Death: (Yes/No. If head of house, it has to be Yes.)

Sexuality: (All welcome)

Player's O&Os (Link, List or N/A)

Other Pictures

This came from one of the GMs at some point:

Quote from: Red Lobster on May 03, 2016, 04:35:58 PM
Hey guys!

Two quick GM announcements.

[...]

Second, Rel is going to make an amendment to her sheet per my request. Serah Targaryen, Aegons daughter, will have the title Champion of Westeros. It is a known fact that she is the best sword fighter of her age. A lot of us have characters are good at sword or weapons play, but she would be definitively the best. It is in fact something that she would be famous for, just like Jaime Lannister, the Knight of Flowers, or Aegon in his prime. I would like 1 character to be known, and feared among even the best Knights, as someone you don't want to challenge.

Just so you're aware of context.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red