Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

I'm making a non-noble pirate/smuggler who works out of King's Landing.  I just need the time to sit down and write him up.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: RedEve on May 03, 2016, 08:14:23 AM
I just realized that depending on how the Lysa Karstark situation will pan out, it might not even House Karstark that rules the Karhold at this point in time.
The Karhold and former Karstark properties might now all belong to House Thenn.

The outlines of a character: The current Lord Thenn has only fathered a female child (my character).
Thus prior to the change in law, the Lordship of the House would have gone to his nephew and my characters cousin.
The change will probably match a long-held ambition of my character, which is now further emboldened, in spite of the fact that it goes against Northern tradition.

I believe we have it where the eldest female can take the throne as long as there is currently a male leader. Now if there was a female Queen who had only female children, then it would be passed down to nephews and such for male heirs.

Of course, maybe the Karstarks have different traditions that don't follow the normal succession rules (prior announcement), but the new announcement would kinda nullify all of that. Forcing people to make their first born as the true heir.

Quote from: Ryven on May 03, 2016, 08:19:26 AM
I'm making a non-noble pirate/smuggler who works out of King's Landing.  I just need the time to sit down and write him up.

Can't wait to see him!

RedEve

So in essence this new law would make little difference (at least in the short term) for my hypothetical character?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Caela

Not until her father dies...but when that happens she won't have to worry about losing her home to, or being forced to marry by, some cousin she barely knows. It would be hers.

Caela

Rel Mayer

Quote from: RedEve on May 03, 2016, 08:56:26 AM
So in essence this new law would make little difference (at least in the short term) for my hypothetical character?

Quote from: Caela on May 03, 2016, 08:57:50 AM
Not until her father dies...but when that happens she won't have to worry about losing her home to, or being forced to marry by, some cousin she barely knows. It would be hers.

What she said! Of course you could make the current leader a female, which would mean the announcement would have a greater impact on her.

Devilyn Sydhe

This does look very interesting though I only have a surface knowledge of GoT.  I have in mind a sort of mix between Ramsay and Khal Drogo, a beast of a man who would be loyal to one head of house but likely a detriment to the house's honor as well.  I guess he would be a bodyguard or sell sword in a way but more specifically be useful in his ruthless ability to carry out punishments handed down from his Lord or Lady without second thought.  My first thought was House Lannister but I'm not sure if that house is already filled.  I'd also be searching for a good barbaric faceclaim as I'm assuming Jason Mamoa would not be allowable since he was part of the show.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: KalebHyde on May 03, 2016, 11:08:29 AM
This does look very interesting though I only have a surface knowledge of GoT.  I have in mind a sort of mix between Ramsay and Khal Drogo, a beast of a man who would be loyal to one head of house but likely a detriment to the house's honor as well.  I guess he would be a bodyguard or sell sword in a way but more specifically be useful in his ruthless ability to carry out punishments handed down from his Lord or Lady without second thought.  My first thought was House Lannister but I'm not sure if that house is already filled.  I'd also be searching for a good barbaric faceclaim as I'm assuming Jason Mamoa would not be allowable since he was part of the show.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if you used him. As long as he's a bit different from Khal Drogo! :)

RedEve

Depending on the outcome of the Alys Karstark situation, either House Karstark or House Thenn would now be Lords of the Karhold.

So which of the two is it in this universe? I am kind of rooting for Alys myself in terms of the books, which would make it House Thenn but I can work with whatever the GMs prefer.

BruceTheCat

Leaving this here from a note I left for myself in the WB thread.

Note for writing later:

How do the poor and low folk react to the legalization of slavery?

They react well. Low folk voluntarily sell themselves in to slavery, and are in turn given a gold coin. Worth several, several years worth of pay. Likewise all their debt is forgiven. Several would do this for the hopes of better living conditions and regular food.

The most affected would be the middle class of Westeros. Not rich enough to purchase slaves, too rich to sell themselves or family in to slavery. The line between the middle class and poor becomes blurred. The poor become slightly richer, the middle class become slightly poorer as the extremely wealthy can afford slaves to do work for them.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Hey guys!

Two quick GM announcements.

First, I am going to be posting up the first IC post tonight. It will be the party where Aegon will make his announcement. There will be hundreds of attendees, Lords, Ladies, anyone with any sort of position. Before the party Aegon held one of the largest tournaments of all time in celebration of the Targaryens and Westeros. Open invitation to any aspiring knight. All who participated in the tournament are also allowed to attend the party, so you can use that as an excuse to get in if you need. It is fairly important that everyone is at this party since it is the first major scene and GM event. If you can't think of a reason to be there, ping me and Rel and we can help you. You don't need all of your characters to be there. Our main interest is just making sure every player feels involved.

Second, Rel is going to make an amendment to her sheet per my request. Serah Targaryen, Aegons daughter, will have the title Champion of Westeros. It is a known fact that she is the best sword fighter of her age. A lot of us have characters are good at sword or weapons play, but she would be definitively the best. It is in fact something that she would be famous for, just like Jaime Lannister, the Knight of Flowers, or Aegon in his prime. I would like 1 character to be known, and feared among even the best Knights, as someone you don't want to challenge.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

xPeachyPuff

I'm going to have to withdraw my interest (for now) cause Overwatch open Beta is ruining my life. I'll keep my eye on this though and hopefully still come up with something to join in at a later date (if possible.)

- Rainbow ♥

Rel Mayer

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 03, 2016, 08:54:07 PM
I'm going to have to withdraw my interest (for now) cause Overwatch open Beta is ruining my life. I'll keep my eye on this though and hopefully still come up with something to join in at a later date (if possible.)

- Rainbow ♥

You're always welcome to pop in whenever you'd like. :)

Clio

Okay okay. I lost my will to stay away.

I'll be making the head prostitute for Biblio's Madam, and I'm currently looking for a face claim.

Also, if anyone needs help with a face claim, let me know. It's what I love to do.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Christa on May 03, 2016, 11:20:30 PM

I'll be making the head prostitute for Biblio's Madam, and I'm currently looking for a face claim.

Also, if anyone needs help with a face claim, let me know. It's what I love to do.

There she is!

GnothiSeauton

Woot woot
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

RedEve

Ooh, me me!  :-)

An early to mid 20-something face-claim for a Northern lady.
Preferably a face-claim for which it will be easy to find universe-appropriate (roughly medieval) style photographs.

Basically she would be the heir to the Lordship of Karhold.

I am working on the assumption that House Thenn are now the rulers there, unless the GMs decide otherwise.

Ryven

Character sheet is almost done.  Hopefully will have it done by this evening.

RedEve

Apologies if this has been answered already, but what exactly is the start year to this game?
361 AC? 362 AC?

summoner2183

RedEve

RedEve

I would like to have a tie to another house in Westeros through my character's mother.
The mother would be married to the current Lord of House Thenn (the current rulers of the Karhold).
Send me a PM if you are interested in creating such a family bond between House Thenn and your House.

Very much a work in progress:

Lady Kyra Thenn

Kyra Thenn
"Lady Thenn"

Full Name: Lady Kyra Thenn

House: House Thenn

City: The Karhold

History:

/

Family Connections:

Lord Torrhen Thenn – Father – Lord of House Thenn – Born 304 AC
Lady Alys Karstark – Grandmother – Born 284 AC
Lady Margaret Thenn – Aunt – Born 306 AC
Lady Arsa Thenn – Younger sister – Born 345 AC

Appearance:

/

Personality:

Whether it is a product of her upbringing or just an innate trait of her personality, Kyra is the kind of person who never gets too high or low in terms of her passions. She was somewhat bookish as a child, though there were a few outdoors activities she still quite enjoyed, like horse-back riding and falconry. She is very close to her family, but especially to her grandmother and her younger sister.

As a well-educated and well-read young woman, Kyra’s biggest flaw is a mistaken belief that she knows more than most people. She still has to learn that wisdom is earned and not all knowledge can be found inside of thick tomes. She is also resentful towards her father’s insistence on her getting married, exceedingly enjoying the position of power and privilege she enjoys at Karhold.

Aspirations and Goals:

- Becoming a good ruler of House Thenn
- Improving House Thenn’s standing in King’s Landing
- To avoid being tied down to a man who will limit her power

Strengths/Weaknesses/Quirks:

Strengths:
-   Intelligence combined with a thirst for knowledge
-   A careful nature
-   Excellent Equestrian
-   Well-liked by her people

Weaknesses: (3+ in list form)
-   Overestimates her own abilities
-   Stubbornness
-   Spoiled

Character Death: (Yes/No. If head of house, it has to be Yes.)

Sexuality: Straight

Player's O&Os Click here

Other Pictures

(Include Real Life or Flavor Images here)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Ryven on May 04, 2016, 04:10:16 AM
Character sheet is almost done.  Hopefully will have it done by this evening.

Sweet action!

Quote from: summoner2183 on May 04, 2016, 07:14:17 AM
361 I think... but i am not sure as well.

This is true!

@RedEve:

Love what I see so far. Please PM it to Red Lobster and me when you've finished!

ElvenKitten

Clala

Interested! I am curious what exactly happened to Littlefinger and the Boltons? Both have potential when considering bloodlines.

Or any great houses in need of heirs/other family members?