Salvation Run (A Supervillain game interest thread.)

Started by Darkcide, May 28, 2012, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkcide

Salvation Run was a DC miniseries that was a lead in to Final Crisis. It concerned the government getting so fed up with the supervillains of the planet after a number of circumstances including Black Adam's destruction of an entire nation and The Rogues murdering the Flash. They managed to round up all of main metahuman villains in the country and in some cases from other parts of the globe and deported them to a planet that was supposed to be safe. They were allowed to keep their weapons, their powers and their costumes but untimely left to fend for themselves as it had reached that point. The planet wasn't near as safe as the villains were told that the planet would be and there winds up being a power divide as they work to survive because I mean come on. They're terrible people, and in many cases? They have severe psychological issues.

I was rereading the series for a game I run offline, and thought that it might be fun to try a game inspired by Salvation Run.

What I'm Looking For:
-Original Characters, no playing as existing villains. You can play as a legacy character, because in some cases? You just have them. There have been several Cheetahs. Original characters, if you are inspired by an existing villain? That is perfectly acceptable.
-No godly characters. It is just really unbalanced, especially since the game is going to be freeform. No Darkseid, Thanos, Molecule Man or Apocalypse type characters. Regardless of the concept you choose? Basically the superheroes have been able to best you no matter how terrible the things you've done and the government was able to arrest you. Nobody is going to be the baddest of the bad, because realistically? There is always something bigger and someone like Darkseid? Doesn't get locked up in Earthly prisons or deported anywhere.
-I don't have a player cap because every player? Is going to start off the same. Being boom tubed onto the planet. There is a plot, but I'm leaving it very open to what the players want to do and the choices that they make. It is not rigid at all, and the pcs can either decide to operate as one large group or as splinter groups.
-DC and Marvel continuity are both free to draw from. The universe? Is an amalgamation.
-As far as what you choose for a concept? You're free to be a serial killer like Sabretooth, a misunderstood thief like Catwoman, a megalomaniac like Doom, a terrorist like Ras Al Ghul, a mercenary like Deathstroke, a rapist like Dr. Light or a activist who goes about their goals using terrible means not unlike Poison Ivy or any number of concepts.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141993.0

Neysha

I'm formally expressing my interest in this concept! Hopefully it takes off!
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Blobbe

Colour me provisionally interested, but dependant on what section it's going to go in.

Darkcide

That'd depend on the players, I don't know how grisly people would want to get with their concepts. Supervillains are a lot nastier nowadays in comparison to the silver age.

Elias

Blobbe

"Nastier" and "more modern" does not mean "better"

Just saying

Darkcide

Here is something that might be handy, a quick little archetype guide for supervillains.  A lot of villains do overlap between categories and there are more than just these ones here.

Assassin-Basically people who kill for a living. They tend to not have high levels of power, but they're usually very skilled and have a lot of connections in the villain world because they've either worked for other villains against them in the pursuit of jobs or whatever the case might be.
Examples: Chesire, Bullseye, Deadshot, Deathstroke

Conqueror-These are usually the extremely big names. They are the types who want to rule the world and have hired out other villains. They tend to have a singular archnemesis who they fixate on and have huge egos. Before being deported? They had a lot of power. Whether it was owning a multinational corporation or being monarch of a nation like in Doom's case.
Examples: Doctor Doom, Vandal Savage, Kang, Lex Luthor, Mongul

Crime Boss-Somewhat like the conquerors, but at a more small scale. They rule over a criminal organization, in some cases? Many of them. They don't want to rule the world, but they are focused on profit.
Examples: Kingpin, Crimson Cowl, Count Nefaria, Silvermane, Carmine Falcone

Cult Leader-Belief is a huge thing with these people, they head cults that are slavishly loyal to them and willing to throw their lives on the line for their leaders. Cults fluctuate in size, but it is important that they have fanatics who were willing to die for them before being deported.
Examples: Kobra, Brother Blood, the Triune Understanding, Ra's Al Ghul

Dark Mirror-Very similar to the heroes they oppose, but they differ greatly in personality and while they may have similar looks, powers and skills? Are a twisted inversion of the hero.
Examples: Venom, Abomination, General Zod, Wrath

Dominator or Mentalist-They can run the whole spectrum of villains, however they focus on using their abilities to make people do things they don't want to do. Whether it is on the high end scale like Starro or more personal and twisted like Purple Man.
Examples: Controller, Maxwell Lord, Mister Mind, Purple Man, Starro

Fallen Hero-A former hero who in their line of work has somehow been corrupted and is now a villain for whatever reasons. This can also include love interests or close supporting characters for heroes who have lost their way.
Examples: Maestro, Monarch, Sinestro, Star Sapphire

Gladiator-They seek to test themselves against the heroes or a hero, this is their primary motivation and they're usually excellent combatants who base their lives around their skills in fighting. They work as assassins sometimes, but usually in the hopes of facing a worthy opponent and they can even ally with heroes if it suits their needs.
Examples: Battle-Beast, Kraven, Lady Shiva

Heir to higher power-This category is dicey because the power level might need to be brought down for these sort of characters, but they typically serve extradimensional beings who were responsible for giving them power.
Examples: Rasputin, Modred the Mystic, Johnny Sorrow

Mastermind-Flirt that line between a conqueror and a crime boss.
Examples: Baron von Strucker, Viper, Baron Zemo

Monstrosity-Artificial creature usually created by Twisted Genius or some tragic accident
Examples: Modok, the Awesome Android

Nihilist-People who want to destroy the world as opposed to ruling it. Power levels would need to be toned down in this category.
Examples: Thanos, Chthon, Doomsday

Psychopath-Insanity is the core here, and from there? It can go off in any number of directions from a serial killer to a someone along the lines of the Trickster.
Examples: The Joker, Murmur, Carnage

Supernatural Being-Without magic or the stipulation of serving a higher power? Those with supernatural abilities? Fall under this category.
Examples: Dracula, Werewolf by Night

Supremacist-The Supremacist believes in a particular cause that is superior to all others.
Examples: Brainiac, Gorilla Grodd, Magneto, Ultron, The Red Skull

Temptress-Characters who use their sexuality to further their ends, and seduces others to achieve their goals.
Examples: Enchantress, Poison Ivy, White Queen

Theme Villain-There is a theme to their crimes, as well as their gadgets all of it is fixed around something. They're usually suffering from OCD.
Example: Mirror Master, Toyman, Two Face, Riddler

Thief-Though they may battle heroes? They are focused on stealing things that belong to them and in several cases may actually be antiheroes.
Example: Catwoman, Shadowthief, Carmen Santiago, Fantomex

Twisted Genius-Focused on using their intellect on a singular goal or proving their mental superiority to any and all who cross their paths.
Examples: Maximus, Arnim Zola, Mr. Freeze

Warlock-Someone with magical abilities who uses them in the service of crime. They are usually opposed by sorcerers who are more benevolent in their nature.
Examples: Felix Faust, Mordru, Baron Mordo, Kulan Gath

JerichoMyers

I'd be game for Twisted Genius/Psychopath character.

Arioch

Neysha

I might just go for a superpowered Thug or Professional ala Shocker style.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

JerichoMyers

Quote from: Neysha on May 30, 2012, 06:57:28 PM
I might just go for a superpowered Thug or Professional ala Shocker style.
My character could always use a nice lab assistant to aid in his twisted science experiments. Though, I'm going to need a resume and three references of past employers. Don't want to be hiring any slackers here. Hehe

Elias

Darkcide

I am definitely open to having more people, but here is the template I'm thinking of as far as the characters go. As far as the powers? I'm gonna base the charting off of what Marvel uses for their characters. Basically no extra dimensional or cosmic entity level characters will be allowed because they're just not balanced. This means characters like Silver Surfer, Thanos, Darkseid, Mephisto, or anyone with infinite ability. As powerful as the character I made might seem? He's based off of Captain Marvel-Black Adam and has their capabilities and powers and the like. That'd be the upper end with Thor, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Intelligence:
1. Slow/Impaired
2. Normal
3. Learned. Captain America, Hawkeye, She Hulk, Nick Fury.
4. Gifted. Dr. Strange, Spiderman, Taskmaster, Dr. Fate.
5. Genius. Black Panther, Professor X, Ted Kord, Loki.
6. Super Genius-This is the cap. Mr. Fantastic, Ironman, Mr. Terrific, Luthor, Batman and Dr. Banner.
7. Omniscient

Strength: Strength is an odd one because when you get to 7? There is a lot of varying degrees. For the sake of simplicity? We will say there are beings stronger than 7, like the extradimensional beings. The max is a solid 7 meaning as strong as Superman and the like, it doesn't mean you can dominate him in a fight or anything but you could stalemate him if he doesn't go all out.

1. Weak: cannot lift own body weight
2. Normal: able to lift own body weight
3. Peak human: able to lift twice own body weight. Batman, Daredevil, Captain America.
4. Superhuman: 800 lbs-25 ton range. Spider Man, Deathstroke, Luke Cage, Wolverine.
5. Superhuman: 25-75 ton range. Vision, Sif, Ms. Marvel, Blue Devil.
6. Superhuman: 75-100 ton range. Thing, Namor, Iron Man, Martian Manhunter.
7. Incalculable: in excess of 100 tons. Hulk, Thor, Superman, Captain Marvel.

Speed:
1. Below normal
2. Normal
3. Superhuman: peak range: 700 MPH. Think Spiderman, Hulk, Storm and Captain America.
4. Speed of sound: Mach-1. Think Banshee, Rogue, and most flyers who self propel without that extra kick.
5. Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity. Think Quicksilver, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Human Torch.
6. Speed of light: 186,000 miles per second. This is the cap unless you teleport. Think the Flash Northstar, and Graviton.
7. Warp speed: transcending light speed. This is going to be capped to all but teleporters and even then? teleporters will need to put a / between their speed when not teleporting and the 7.

Durability This is like strength, it fluctuates. Once you get into 7? There are degrees. Nothing about a solid 7 is allowed because then? You're going into Blackheart or Onslaught levels.
1. Weak
2. Normal
3. Enhanced. Spiderman, Black Panther, Captain America, Psylocke, Bullseye.
4. Regenerative. Wolverine, Deathstroke, Deadpool, Beast, Green Goblin.
5. Bulletproof. Luke Cage, Carnage, Venom.
6. Superhuman. Thor, Ironman, She Hulk, Namor, Wonder Woman.
7. Virtually indestructible. Superman, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Juggernaut, Nova.

Energy Projection
1. None. The average human.
2. Ability to discharge energy on contact. Silver Samurai, and Marduk.
3. Short range, short duration, single energy type. Namor, Wonder Man, Gambit, Iron Fist
4. Medium range, duration, single energy type. Bishop, M, Deathlok.
5. Long range, long duration, single energy type. Cyclops, Storm, Human Torch, Psylocke, and Chamber.
6. Able to discharge multiple forms of energy. Dr. Strange, Ironman, Dr. Doom, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Magneto, Superman, Captain Atom This is the cap for this category.
7. Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy.  Graviton, Vulcan, Mephisto.

Fighting skills
1. Poor
2. Normal
3. Some training Black Cat, Invisible Woman, Green Goblin
4. Experienced fighter Spiderman, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Spiderwoman, Gambit
5. Master of a single form of combat Silver Samurai, Black Panther, Daredevil, Bullseye, Nightwing, Black Canary, Catwoman.
6. Master of several forms of combat Captain America, Batman Deadpool, Iron Fist, Elektra, X-23.
7. Master of all forms of combat. To be a 7? It needs to be through powers. Whether you are extremely long lived, have photographic reflexes or you're able to draw in information through technological means at a superhuman rate. Wolverine, Taskmaster, Karate Kid, Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Ares.

The Template

Real Name
Alias
Affiliation
Base Of Operations
Identity
Citizenship
Marital Status
Occupation
Education
Height
Weight
Eyes
Hair
Description
Origin
Powers
Skills
Crimes
Enemies

Alias: Godhand
Citizenship: Wakandan

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 280 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Description: Godhand is a large individual both in height as well as build. He is notably light in complexion for a Wakandan, but it is only because he is half Wakandan. He has dark cold eyes, ritual markings along his arms when not in his transformed state and is decently attractive though he rarely smiles. When he is powered, he wears a mostly black bodysuit with a red lightning bolt down the center along with a matching short cape. (Doesn't look like Black Adam, but all of the Marvels wear similar costumes.)

Origin: Granted an assortment of abilities by a gathering of African Gods to serve as their champion.
Powers: Divine Empowerment grants him accelerated healing, a degree of clairvoyance, divine grace, eidetic memory, greatly heightened resistance and endurance, enhanced intellect, flight, enhanced speed, indomitable will, invulnerability, multilingualism, self-sustenance, heightened reflexes and stamina and greatly enhanced strength in the 100+ ton class as well as energy projection in the form of a powerful magically empowered lightning bolt upon yelling the word.
Intelligence-4
Strength-7
Speed-6
Durability-7
Energy Projection-4
Fighting Skills-4

Skills: Godhand is a fairly skilled combatant, especially for people in the 100+ ton strength class. He's able to outfight individuals like Superman and Captain Marvel, and is roughly on par with Thor having stalemated him in the past when neither was trying to outright cause mass destruction. He's also a skilled orator and leader.
Crimes: Mass Murder & Crimes Against Humanity, Deicide.
Major Enemies: Captain Marvel, Thor, Superman, The Avengers, The Marvel Family

History: Godhand is the younger adopted brother of Prince T'Challa, the Black Panther. He lived in his brother's shadow until the day he chanced upon The Rock of Ages by fate and was chosen as a champion to the african gods in the manner that Black Adam was favored by Egyptian gods and Captain Marvel by the Greek gods. He was given vast power and with it managed to usurp control of his home nation. He had a strained relationship with the world outside, but frequently operated as something of an antihero. He'd publicly kill criminals in Wakanda and many heroes didn't agree with his methods. Godhand kept mostly to Wakanda until the day his wife was murdered as part of an outside plot by individuals from Azania. His rage led to him virtually wiping the country off of the face of the earth single handedly before he was confronted by a gathering of heroes including Thor and the Marvel family. It was Superman and Thor who managed to best Godhand although he took several minor heroes down with him. Forced into his depowered form. He was heavily drugged and deported while uncounscious. His destruction of Azania was a huge factor in the choice to deport supervillains.

Elias

Alias: Wraith
Affiliation: The Forgotten
Base Of Operations:Caves in the black forest in Germany
Identity: Unknown
Citizenship: Uknown
Marital Status: Single
Education: Unknown
Height: 5'10
Weight: 140
Description: Half man, half shadow wraith seems to appear and disappear in the dark, when the light is shining on him a white male is seen covered in what looks like hundreds of bone colored markings which appear to glow, he is completely hairless with a wiry muscular frame.

Origin: A student of doctor strange he went in search of magic to aid his fellow man, always a dreamer he believed he would find what he was looking for instead he was tricked and used as a vessel for a dark god, however the ritual was interrupted and only a small portion of the demonic entity was placed inside him causing a split personality. The first is Splinter a sorcerer who believes in the good of man and has aided multiple heroes with magical dilemmas the other and more prominent is wraith leader of the assassins guild known as the forgotten a collection of homeless children brainwashed and trained in murder.

Powers: Shadow Manipulation, can make it extend and pierce stone and steel as well as move and attack enemies, an incredibly devilish personality however his worst crimes are caused not by him but his children as his other self is known to come out and stop him from anything truly heinous.
Intelligence: 4
Strength: 3
Speed:5 (Moves between shadows effortlessly semi teleportation)
Durability: Corporeal: 3 In shadow form: 6
Energy projection: 6
Fighting Skill: 5

Skills: Understands mind manipulation and common tactics of cult leaders, relies heavily on various assassination techniques and styles his shadows make this even easier.
Crimes: Murder, Assassination of political figures, More murder. Cult leader
Enemies: Fantastic Four, X-Men and Dr. Doom (Failed assassination attempt)

Darkcide

Obsidian's abilities kinda meets The Darkness. I like it, cool concept.

Neysha

Quote from: JerichoMyers on May 30, 2012, 09:28:43 PM
My character could always use a nice lab assistant to aid in his twisted science experiments. Though, I'm going to need a resume and three references of past employers. Don't want to be hiring any slackers here. Hehe

Well I'm nerdy enough that I'm open to a possible collaboration between our characters. I can tailor my bios history to reflect off yours after you post your character.
My Request Thread

Blobbe

As said; I'm interested but I want to know what section it'll be in before I commit/create a character

Neysha

Quote from: KaylaM on May 31, 2012, 07:07:11 AM
As said; I'm interested but I want to know what section it'll be in before I commit/create a character

I'm assuming you have an opinion on the matter? Perhaps one you'd like to share? :)
My Request Thread

Arioch

Elias, seems we were thinking of very similar character ideas.  I'll try and come up with something else.

Latooni Subota

Totally interested, and working on a gadgeteer, who will be sadly out of her depth after getting dropped onto a new world I think. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Latooni Subota

Alias: Tabby Katt, Wi-Fi
Affiliation: Solo Thief
Base Of Operations: An old remodeled pre-WW2 bunker outside of New York.
Identity: Wi-Fi
Citizenship: American
Education: High School Drop-Out
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair: Brown

Description:
Tabby is a petite teenager, barely hitting 5'0", who definately doesn't look like she'd be a supervillain. Pale skin shows that she's no fan of the outdoors, and her body is only lightly curved and muscled. Her multicolored suit (Complete with bulletproof capability and temperature control) shows off what little curves she does have, hugging her modest hips and bust enough to give Tabby a little boost in physical pride. Her hair is short and messy, almost the exact same shade as her eyes. She is only rarely seen out of her nanoweave suit, utterly convinced that it's the only thing that'll keep her alive around all these superheroes and supervillains in this day and age.

Origin: Tabby is a mutant, in no uncertain terms. She doesn't have fur, she can't change size, she doesn't breathe fire . . but she's still a mutant. Once puberty hit her, those annoying math problems that gave her so much trouble suddenly became child's play. A subpar student beforehand, she suddenly found herself overflowing with unnatural intelligence, able to finish exams faster than she could physically write down the answers! Her overactive brain could even calculate the probability of various types of questions being put on quizzes, something that was extremely disconcerting to the young girl. And her teachers.

Finding herself now struggling through school in a completely different way, due to her overactive brain over-analyzing everything in sight, she slowly began to realize another gift. When she'd stare at the digital clock, bored out of her mind at having to wait through class, the clock would speed up. As she got older, this unnatural ability to change the times on digital clocks improved! . . and she realized that the ability was actually a psychic ability to rewrite computer programming, and control machines that relied on it. As computers and machines became more complex, her ability to manipulate them grew even stronger . . such as walking up to an ATM, telling the camera to turn off for a while, and having the ATM give her 500 dollars.

This sort of temptation grew and grew, as the increasingly bored girl finally decided to become a thief. Her first caper was using a brick to bash in a bank's door, the alarm system already shutdown, and simply walk through. The electronically controlled doors opened at her words, and let her walk right into the vault and leave with a duffelbag full of money. This money was used to  fund something that didn't bore her as much: Invention! If she'd given away all the things she'd invented to people, the world would be in a better position . . but she didn't. She kept her inventions to let her do more and more daring heists, until her eventual capture and . . 'deportation'.

A month ago, important data began disappearing from Wayne Enterprises databases, followed shortly by data from Stark Enterprises. Her boredom had lead to her trying to find cool things in big companies to play with. What she ended up with was all sorts of designs for interesting machines and weapons. Even Lexcorp wasn't spared her intrusions, and boy did she find some interesting things there. Unfortunately for her, when she attempted to hack into the Baxter Building, certain people were waiting for her. Iron Man, Batman, and the majority of the Fantastic Four expected something like this, and chased her up to the roof of the building. Despite her ability to wrest control of Tony Stark's suit away from him and attack the others with it, a combination of a gas pellet from Batman and a forcefield around her body from the Invisible Woman led to her being knocked out and captured.

She was deemed to be too much of a safety hazard, due to her ability to access any computer system just by being near it, and they worried about her eventually accessing classified SHIELD or Justice League data. Kept on a heavy dose of drugs, she was shipped off with the rest of the more well-known villains, just to be safe.

Powers: Wi-Fi's mutation has not only granted her hyper-intelligence, but also an ability to telepathically reach out and control advanced machines. Generally, anything more complex than the steam engine is something she can control, the more advanced the higher the level of control she has over it. Her nanomachine suit is the pinacle of the many things she's tried to invent over the last five years. It's bulletproof, temperature controlled, and she can create small-scale devices from it by temporarily sacrificing how much of her it covers. Embarassing, but useful.

Intelligence: 6 (While she is an amazingly skilled genius and inventor, she has . . difficulties with being able to focus on things, leading to her mostly being a minor villain.)
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Durability: 5 (Her nanomachine suit is Bulletproof . . though her body can't handle the shock from sustained fire over time, as well as the suit can.)
Energy Projection: Up to 5. (Her nanomachines can be used to construct all manner of weapons . . though to get a weapon powerful enough to be Class 5, she essentially needs to strip herself of all her suit's protection to transform the entire thing into a railgun or gatling laser. This is something she has yet to do.)
Fighting Skills: 1 (She's a nerd, not a ninja!)

Skills: Wi-Fi is pretty much top-of-the-line when it comes to computer programming, mechanical engineering, and other academic pursuits. If she had stayed on a more moral path, Stark Enterprises would have scouted her. Unfortunately, the physical skills are beyond her, short of some basic gymnastics and dance (which she's surprisingly good at). She has good reflexes and is double jointed though!

Crimes: Grand Theft, Extortion, Trespassing.

Enemies: Tony Stark, Fantastic Four, Batman, Lex Luthor

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Elias

Quote from: Arioch on May 31, 2012, 12:12:01 PM
Elias, seems we were thinking of very similar character ideas.  I'll try and come up with something else.

Great minds think alike?

Arioch

Or we read the same kind of stuff.  A big difference was mine didn't manipulate shadows but traveled through them and was a female.

Sylia

Now this looks very good.. I think I'll make a character for this!

Darkcide

Nice character Latooni, I'm also going to be making a bunch of npc's. You all are more than welcome to take them up or to make NPC's as well in addition to your pc's. Just because all the world's villains? Are being sent to this planet.

To that end? How intense do you all forsee the game? Just so I know what section to put the game in? Also I'll be starting it very soon, since every character? Is going to get the same intro and they're able to join in at any point because all of the villians? Are being boom tubed (aka teleported) onto the planet and they'll wake up on an alien planet.

Sylia

Real Name Sara Michaels
Alias Overdrive
Affiliation Solo
Base Of Operations An apartment building in florida
Identity Overdrive
Citizenship American
Marital Status Single
Occupation Natural Disaster
Education High school graduate
Gender Female
Height 5'4
Weight 119 lbs
Eyes Red
Hair Black
Description Sara is a rather curvy young woman that isn't too short and isn't too tall either. She's quite proud of her breasts even though some people wonder how she runs with them. Sara normally has messy short black hair, but it's grown out as of recent and is about shoulder length. Many people ask about her red eyes, but she only replies that red is a natural color.. to which people reply that it isn't.
Origin Sara was a girl who loved to run. Ever since she was a little girl, she enjoyed running and was the fastest kid around in her neighborhood. Even in school, she was the star track member due to her incredible speed, no one even came close to her. But one day when she was out running, she continually pushed herself to run faster and faster. Next thing she knew, she was outrunning cars while on the sidewalk! She didn't really question it at the time, but she just enjoyed the thrill of running that fast. School no longer compared. The track no longer mattered. All she wanted to do was run and run and run.

As time passed, Sara found that she was growing ever faster and less morally reserved about where she ran. Before, she would run in wide open places so she wouldn't worry about running into people, but that soon stopped being a worry. She found after barreling into a few things a couple times that she has some sort of protective field around her that protected her from harm. Then came the recklessness. With her newfound power, Sara figured she'd need a secret identity. One that people would be able to tell that she's special. So she decided to take one.. from a superhero! Thus started the run-ins with the flash family after she found and stole the impulse costume from them.

More time passed and Sara found herself a wanted person. Her highspeed travelling was causing wide destruction where ever she went, kicking up tsunamis or hurricanes and in some instances sweeping up tornadoes along her path. She had had many run-ins with other speedsters that either tried to get her to join them or stop her, but she never listened. Of course, she got caught many times, but she escaped just as many. But finally.. people had enough. They wanted her gone so the next time the Flash caught her, she was shipped off with the other villains. He tried to reason with them that she wasn't a bad girl, just a bit misguided, but they wouldn't have none of that. Sara had caused enough destruction to be considered a global threat. As a parting gift, The Flash allowed her to keep the modified Impulse costume she had stole long ago.
Powers Overdrive has one major power and a couple minor ones. Her main ability is the ability to run fast. Very fast. Almost insanely so. At her top speed, Overdrive can run at the speed of light, making her leave destruction in the wake of her running due to her not wanting to slow down. Ever. She also has enhanced reflexes to go along with her speed. This brings us to her other powers. Overdrive can generate a field around her when she's running or stationary that makes her mostly impervious to impact and often can downright run through things she shouldn't be able to like a wrecking ball. And finally she has the ability to steal the speed of other speedsters, making their power effectively turn off suddenly for a minute.
Intelligence 2
Strength 2
Speed 6
Durability 6 (due to field projected around her)
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Skills 3
Skills None
Crimes Mass destruction across the globe. Generally it's usually her fault if you can't find any other explanation for it.
Enemies The Flash, Zoom (Stole his speed once and got him caught by the flash), Kid Flash, Impulse (stole the costume and modified it), Pretty much the enemy of every speedster ever.

Neysha

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alias: Tremor... Vibrator
Affiliation: Independent Contractor
Base Of Operations: A farmstead in Newton Country, Arkansas
Citizenship: American
Education: Associates Degree
Height: 5‘2
Weight: Light. :)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Deep Red

Description: Small framed small fry. Ashley is leanly built, often sporting a farmers tan/sunburn and has bright red hair and striking green eyes. She has a trim body, with small breasts but a shapely, round butt.

Origin: Ashley describes herself as a self made supervillain, which isn't quite the truth. Growing up in rural Arkansas, Ashley was denied the opportunity to develop her natural ability and talent with all things mechanical but it wasn't completely wasted. She spent most of her childhood fidgeting with farm equipment and other odds and ends she found in the county but never was able to translate her talent into academic success. She did a stint in the National Guard as a mechanic and used that to pay her way to an associates degree and various technical certifications.

But military life alone wasn't satisfying for her. She hated the fact she was doing grunt work and feeling unappreciated like she always had. Despising her place in life and blaming the military, she intentionally leaked information to HYDRA about sensitive security issues at her current military base in exchange for a ‘foot in the door’ so to speak to that terrorist organization. The raid was successful and Ashley was exfiltrated by HYDRA who, after amusing themselves by having her beg for her life, decided to let her in the organization as a provisional member. Ashley however, feeling humiliated by her new employers, never forgave them for making her feel so powerless.

She was put to work as a laboratory technician, developing and refining weapons for HYDRA but found HYDRA to be a lot like the military, where she did grunt work and was generally unappreciated. So she worked on a side project which would mark her independence. Using HYDRA resources, she developed her own ‘Tremor’ battlesuit which was based partially off using HYDRA Dreadnought power generation technology, specs from early Grim Reaper technology and Hammer Industries and AIM specs that HYDRA had gained access to.

Within a few months of work, she was able to create her Tremor battlesuit. Within minutes of donning it, HYDRA finally found her out. She declared her independence from that organization soonafter in an exceptionally violent manner. Ashley had never killed another person before that day face to face. She found it surprisingly easy to do, both literally and emotionally.

Having declared her independence, she pursued the only career option open to her that also allowed her the independence that she sought even though ultimately, she knew she was a ‘follower’ more then a leader herself. She became a part time mercenary, part time thief, part time tinkerer and full time supervillain and hasn’t regretted it since.

Powers: The Tremor Battlesuit is custom made by Ashley as her declaration of independence. It is a two piece black uniform. Layers of HYDRA beta cloth sandwich a specially made gel that Ashley developed herself which hardens when it detects external force and pressure, acting like an armor, as well as absorbing harmful excesses of vibration energy such as those used by sonic or concussion based weapons and powers.

Powered by a miniaturized generator similar to that used by the Dreadnought robot, the Tremor part of the name comes from the vibration based energy shield that is constantly emitted from the suit. Similar to ‘The Shockers’ weapon and suit her own vibro-blasters are not quite as powerful or versatile and instead work in two basic modes. A wide beam shockwave and a narrow, focused repulsor blast, based on stolen Stark tech. The other ability of this ‘field’ is that it can deflect all manners of small caliber bullets, dissipate low concentrations of energy or thermal discharges and help slow or deflect kinetic impacts as well as high resistance to sonic, shock and concussion based weapons or powers.

It is important not to overestimate her suits defenses however. She’s capable of deflecting small arms with a fair amount of reliability which decreases with the heavier ordinance expended upon her. Same with dealing with punches. Human beings of normal skill or strength will find it extremely hard to land a blow on her, even a glancing one, but those that are skilled or more readily, strong enough can penetrate her field with proportional ease. Same with higher power energy based attacks. Her suit increases her survivability, but does not make her invincible.

Intelligence- 3 (she’s naturally talented but nothing exceptional in any other regard)
Strength- 2 (athletically strong for her size, but still normal)
Speed- 2 (athletically quick, but still very human)
Durability- 3 (her suit is mostly bulletproof, but far from invincible)
Energy Projection- 4 (she can fire long range and narrowly focused repulsor blasts or short range, wide spread concussive/sonic blasts that can send people and small vehicles flying and tear up the asphalt)
Fighting Skills- 4 (barely can be considered an experienced fighter, especially in her suit)

Skills: Ashley is a talented gearhead, mechanic and general tinkerer who simply has lots of mechanical aptitude. She has show a talent for some fields of biology and chemistry as well in her development of the gel for her Tremor suit. She is also a fairly well skilled hand to hand combatant and growing up in Arkansas, has a natural affinity and skilled proficiency with both firearms and explosives.
Crimes: Robbery, Theft, Treason, Breaking and Entering, Terrorism and murder related charges.
Enemies: The Fantastic Four, Wakanda, DareDevil, Spider-Man, SHIELD, Teen Titans, and HYDRA.
History: Ashley’s biggest regret since leaving HYDRA and going independent has been the fact that her nickname was intended to be Tremor. However after commiting her first robbery, the local reporter only heard the last half of her name and thus assumed her name was Vibrator, based on the fact of her ‘vibration based powers’ and much to her chagrin, the name has stuck. Initially a sore point, she has learned to deal with it and rolls with any attempts to annoy her by using that name. Having lived a rough life, it takes more then that to get under her skin.

She’s worked as a villain for the Maggia and other organized criminals, Blockbuster, A.I.M., the Wizard, Secret Empire, Penguin and most notably the resurgent Kingpin as superpowered muscle. She has also worked together with The Shocker, Boomerang, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Trapster, Klaw, and others in various jobs. Most of the time she avoids superheroes and has exclusively done all of her ‘independent side jobs’ well away from superhero hotbed cities. But she has teamed up with other organizations and villains and doesn’t shy from superpowered confrontations if she has no choice or an advantage. Her biggest 'victory' as she puts it was when she supposedly beat Nightwing so bad that she was certain he was hospitalized. Though she doesn't say it, she credits the victory to the experience of having gotten defeated by DareDevil not too long before.

She was captured by the authorities after an extremely short fight with the Black Panther where she found herself surprised and at a disadvantage. However she also realizes she was likely outmatched and outfought regardless of the circumstances.
My Request Thread

JerichoMyers

To explain things a little clearer, Braniac's vast, unrelenting knowledge turned him insane. He can barely comprehend what he knows but uses what's known for game. He has absolutely no ambition to rule the world but to cause chaos. Unless you're paying him enough or your project interests him, he has no sides. Luthor was just INCREDIBLY boring to him. Even on an alien planet, he'd love to have lots and lots of cash, though none of if is even relevant. Hehe

Darkcide

Liking the concepts, but Jericho, dude. I said that intelligence is capped at a 6. That is the highest allowed for a pc, a 7 is omniscience and it is broken. 7's are reserved for plot devices and extradimensional beings.

Latooni Subota

Clearly, Jericho will be Wi-Fi's rival. Wi-Fi will have no choice but to fiddle with his helmet's light-up eyes, since it's likely that's the most she'll be able to do to the helmet with constant focus. XD

JerichoMyers

-Sigh- I'm gonna go off an assume you want me to edit the profile and such about the character having Brainiac's knowledge, right?

EDIT: Don't worry, I usually have to edit profiles/posts two or three times before they are accepted. It's a normality for me.

Hehe, considering Spaz went into the Fantastic Four's mainframe and fiddled with their lights for an entire day just to be very annoying, he'd be annoyed but figured it was karma. Hehe.

Blobbe

Quote from: Neysha on May 31, 2012, 09:49:15 AM
I'm assuming you have an opinion on the matter? Perhaps one you'd like to share? :)

Just want to know what section the game's going to be in, that's all. Its one of my main deciding points of if I want to pursue it or not

Darkcide

Quote from: JerichoMyers on June 01, 2012, 04:00:08 AM
-Sigh- I'm gonna go off an assume you want me to edit the profile and such about the character having Brainiac's knowledge, right?

EDIT: Don't worry, I usually have to edit profiles/posts two or three times before they are accepted. It's a normality for me.

Hehe, considering Spaz went into the Fantastic Four's mainframe and fiddled with their lights for an entire day just to be very annoying, he'd be annoyed but figured it was karma. Hehe.

Yeah. Like as smart as your character would be? I can allow you to be smarter in certain aspects than Luthor, or Mr. Fantastic who are by all accounts the smartest men on the planet in their respective universes. Not on Brainiac's level though. The villains in this game? Are terrestial based for all intents and purposes, the level of intelligence and knowledge that Brainiac has? Borders on omniscience in several runs they've had with the character. Even someone like Luthor has not been able to comprehend Brainiac's knowledge.

Neysha

My character alright?

I'm willing to modify as needed to better suit the RP.
My Request Thread

Darkcide

Yeah, there is nothing out of wack with the character and there are varying degrees of villainy. The concept works.

Latooni Subota

KaylaM: I would expect that the game would probably be something like NC- Exotic, considering supervillains are . . you know . . jerks? Also shapeshifting/aliens/whatnot.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Especially you Darkcide?

. .  Darn, I should've played a shapeshifter! So much 'potential' XD

Darkcide

Like I said, that depends on what the players want. Comics have different tones depending on the characters. Some are more violent than others, and I'm able to play either way. If the players want to get in depth with their descriptions of violence? Or to play as rapists and the like? I'm cool with that, if they don't? It works too. I honestly think it could go either way which is why I want to leave it to the players to decide their comfort level. If the tone was along The Killing Joke or The Joker book? Or something? Then I might put it in NC or Extreme.

Neysha

Oh hey Jericho, did you want to collaborate on a shared backstory like you suggested earlier in the thread. I'm not sure how compatible our two characters are though. They seem... somewhat different flavors of villainy and on different levels. Though we both have the Fantastic Four as enemies. :D
My Request Thread

Sylia

So is my character alright? I kinda thought her up on the fly, so not sure if it translated to a good character well enough.

Neysha

Quote from: Sylia on June 01, 2012, 02:41:06 PM
So is my character alright? I kinda thought her up on the fly, so not sure if it translated to a good character well enough.

Your character is a spunky walking (or running) natural disaster.

Like the Hulk but more likable and innocent.
My Request Thread

Sylia

Hehe, thanks alot! Wasn't sure if she came off correctly at first, but guess she did.

Blobbe

Fair enough. I'm really only interested as long as it's not NC/extreme. Really, being a vaillain doesn't mean you have to be a jerk. You can be a villain and be intelligent, cultured, suave, sophisticated, cultured, refined and all that without being a total arse.

Elias

I assumed extreme since wouldnt combat be the main aspect of this game?

@ KaylaM Agreed, Lex Luthor is a great example of that *Nods*

JerichoMyers

I'll edit my profile, well, delete and redo. The premise of the character was that the knowledge of Braniac turned him insane, it even says he can't comprehend what he knows. It's information that's there but can't or barely interpret. Bah, not sure why I'm arguing, the character was an awful idea in the first place.

Neysha: I'll probably lay off the character creation scene for a little while. Love to but I've embarrassed myself enough for one evening.

Elias

What if he was normally 6 but could briefly access level 7 intelligence? Like opening a floodgate?

CDark

Sylia and Latooni have been bugging me to join, soooo I'll give a character design a shot, since this IS a pretty interesting setting! Besides, I could use a good brush up on playing a villain!

Neysha

Quote from: JerichoMyers on June 01, 2012, 08:05:52 PMNeysha: I'll probably lay off the character creation scene for a little while. Love to but I've embarrassed myself enough for one evening.

Sure thing Boss. :p

Clearly Jericho, you put up Spaz's online dating bio which is naturally more impressive in portraying his intellect as opposed to the bio made for this RP which is meant to be an honest reflection of the character.
My Request Thread

Darkcide

So any preferences as far as the section you all would like to see this in?

Elias

Extreme, that allows combat and such and provides no real barriers.
NC-exotic could also work.

Latooni Subota

I'd vote for NC-Exotic rather than Extreme, personally.

Sylia

I'm with Lat. NC-Exotic seems like it'll be a happy medium, not too easy mode, not so harsh that people'll get their feathers rustled.

Neysha

I'll agree with NC-Exotic. Just because it's in NC-Exotic doesn't necessarily mean everyone has to participate in NC themed content.
My Request Thread

Darkcide

Well alright then, I'll put up the introduction before I head out tonight. Like I had said earlier, the introduction is universal for all of the characters involved so you'll just be able to go from there.

JerichoMyers

Going to attempt another crack at a character, though I'm quite sure it's a no go. I was thinking along the lines of a legacy to Bane, some one who took over his Venom business after he retired. Kinda like a canon but more based in the Batman Beyond series, shortly after the Nurse buddy was captured. Instead of slammers, it went right back to venom.

Darkcide

That works, only thing is that Bruce is still Batman. This game takes place during modern time. So your character would have fought Bruce, or Dick Grayson during his stint as Batman.

JerichoMyers

Dammit........ Another character down the tube. If that's the case, then Bane wouldn't be retired. Back to the drawing boards for me. Hopefully, in the distant future, I can make a decent profile.

Darkcide

Villains have apprentices or side characters all of the time. Realitstically Bane does work with people. He worked with the Secret Six, and has worked for Ras Al Ghul. They had Bane kicking the venom habit in the comics, so you can tie your character into that by being the one to pick it up. That'd put you into contention with him, since he was travelling the globe and destroying the stuff where he could find it.

Neysha

Quote from: Darkcide on June 04, 2012, 10:52:26 AM
Villains have apprentices or side characters all of the time. Realitstically Bane does work with people. He worked with the Secret Six, and has worked for Ras Al Ghul. They had Bane kicking the venom habit in the comics, so you can tie your character into that by being the one to pick it up. That'd put you into contention with him, since he was travelling the globe and destroying the stuff where he could find it.

Going to have to agree with Darkcide here. When I read the new bio, the only thing that stuck out to me as not fitting with the RP was Terry McGinnis being Batman, as opposed to a contemporary person. It'd be rather easy to rectify that curious inclusion with some modifications to the characters history.
My Request Thread

summoner2183

I was thinking of making a shark-themed villain, who's motivations is something like Poison Ivy's. Is it acceptable?

Darkcide

Shark themed like how? Like Killer Shark? King Shark? Or Tiger Shark? And motivations like Poison Ivy? So what he's like an Atlantean and tired of Surface Dwellers polluting the oceans and killing marine life? I don't see why it'd be a problem. It's been done a few times.

Darkcide

So the game is currently ongoing, there is always room for more villains for those who are interested.

Latooni Subota

Can we get an actual OOC thread? Or use this one for it? Or did I miss the OOC thread? >.>

MzHyde

Hey! You got room for one more in this pool? I brought cookies!

Elias

MzHyde

Real Name Temperance Matthews
Alias Wicked Witch
Affiliation Freelance

Bio Temperance Matthews is a gorgeous young woman with a tragic first name. Highschool can be cruel and being a part of a Wiccan family doesn't help. Her mother and father were always interested in nature, magic, and the mystical forces that surround us every day. Despite her good looks Temperance was always viewed as an outsider where she grew up and never quite fit in with any of the cliques. After graduating, she followed her parents around the country as they explored the ley lines that wrap around the planet, and other spots of power. During a stopover in a major city, however, her parents were killed by collateral damage during a bout between a superhero and supervillain. Something inside Temperance snapped. What makes a superhero so 'good'? They think they can do anything just because they have power! They think they're so high, so mighty! Look at them! Bossing around so-called 'villains' who are just trying to live their own way! It's nothing more than bullying! Well, no more. It's time to push back.

Temperance took off, in search of magic. Real magic. She knew it was real. She'd seen villains and heroes on the news using it. She just needed to figure out how to tap into it. Eventually, after years of hard study and work, she found it. Temperance got her hands on an ancient staff of magic and used her arcane knowledge to re-ignite the dormant powers within it. A twenty three year old Temperance Matthews was reborn! Reborn as The Wicked Witch!

Powers
--Elemental Manipulation: Temperance can toss balls of fire, ice, earth, water, or air. She can create shapes out of earth, conjure fire and water, and other such spells. Casting spells involves gestures with her staff or hands and uttering phrases. More powerful spells, obviously, take longer and more complex words or gestures to complete. A simple fireball, for example, takes but one word and a quick flick of her wrist. Creating a rock golem would require a magic circle and a much more complex spell phrase. Triggering a massive explosion would require a magic circle and a serious spell chant.

--Alchemy: Temperance can transmute any substance into any other substance. Steel into mud, lead into gold, water into fire. Doing this, however, requires planning and preperation. A ritual has to be performed and a sample of both substances must be contained within a magical vial, along with other ingredients. The prepared vial is then tossed on, for example, a bank vault, which quickly melts down into water and washes away.

--Conjuring: Her own posessions often reside within a 'pocket dimension' that she can transport non-living things to and from. The objects must 'belong' to her, however, for this to work. It is quite handy for teleporting clothing, her staff, or other items into her grasp.

--Teleportation: Temperance can teleport herself to anywhere she has been before simply by picturing it in her mind. Anything living touching her is taken along for the ride.

Status
--Int: 5
--Str: 2
--Spd: 2
--Dur: 2
--En: 6
--Sk: 3

Temperance has always been a gifted student and she's turned that intelligence twords studying magic exclusively for a number of years now. She has literally done little else than fume and pour over arcane tomes while plotting her revenge against superheroes and 'bullies' in general. Her gift for magic and ability to manipulate the very elements around her are offset by the fact that she is a completely unarmored target. She can create shields with earth or flame, but wears no armor since the magic runes woven into her clothing must remain uncovered. The runes (only seeable by someone with a gift for magic) allow her to cast spells without being harmed by them herself. She is a true 'glass cannon' and relies quite often on planning and cunning to win battles. She will not do good in being ambushed by more powerful beings.

Crimes
--Robbery
--Arson
--Assault
--Muder

Wicked Witch is wanted for a number of bank robberies, robbing the wealthy, torching and destroying businesses, assaulting law enforcement and superheroes, and the murder of one hero. She seems to have no agenda beyond delivering 'punishment' to people that she believes are abusing their power. She often attacks large corporations, superheroes, and, of course, banks. A girl has to make a living.

Darkcide

Here's the OOC.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=143046.0

And there is always room for more. And MzHyde that works. You're free to post whenever you like, your character will be boom tubed onto the planet. You can choose how close to the other PCs you'd like to be dropped.

JerichoMyers

Okay, I am willing to edit everything wrong with this profile Yes yes, I know you're going to tackle almost every aspect but it's a working process! Also, my laptop recently crashed...... BUT I BOUGHT A NEW ONE!

Alias: Siberian Hound
Affiliation: Russian Government
Biography: During the anarchy between Hero's and Villains throughout the world, Russia, unlike others, wouldn't stand for it. They wouldn't become part of the problem by hiring super-powered individuals but create their own. One subject, known as Raikov, volunteered himself. A patriotic Russian whom fought many battles against Hero's and Villains was ecstatic to be apart of a program that would rid Russia of this civil war. Thus, the process began. By dissecting and replacing live tissue with cybernetic replacements, removing appendages in exchange for metallic arms and legs, Raikov's entire body become an obscure, metallic shell of the human he once was. With only a brain and heart functioning, tubes running between the two to recycle blood cells to maintain both functions, Raikov became Russia's first weapon against said Hero's and Villains. His first appearance was in Siberia, two gangs of lesser known Hero's were perched to hunt and capture Gotham's infamous Victor Freeze. Unfortunately, Raikov, soon to be known as 'Siberian Hound' would locate these intruders. What simply started as recon to track a simple Villain became a fight for survival. Installed into the highly advanced Russian machine were jammers that blocked all communication..... This was only the beginning. The cold fusion reactor inside generated power that enabled Raikov to move at super speed, gliding through the winter storm, his camouflage activated, though unnecessary through the thick winter cape. Hero's, whom traveled via Skiido's never seen what came next. In the blink of an eye, blue light cut through one Hero's throat, turning it into a piss dispenser. There  was little time to panic fore Raikov quickly returned, cutting a swath through the entire recon team. This gave him the name 'Siberian Hound', for Raikov hunted these grounds. Hero's who came in search for these missing Hero's were met with the same fate..... Until Flash. Flash, fed up with said disappearances came in search himself. Most times, Hero's only saw the blue light before their lives barely flashed before their eyes. Flash, barely dodged, caught off guard. Though fast himself, he hadn't anticipated another speedster-isk character. Shortly after dodging several more times, Flash gave chase for Siberian Hound. Easily, Flash caught Raikov's trail but not without defiance. Armed with two cold fusion powered swords, one swipe would mane, potentially kill Flash. To Flash's good fortune, Siberian Hound wasn't nearly at his speed, thus, overcame the arctic assassin.

Powers: Given his entire body is mainly cybernetics powered by cold fusion, his abilities have become extensive though his durability is that of what Earth can offer. One ability was duly noted, his incredible Speed, which caused many deaths. Though not up to par with Flash, Kid Flash or Impulse, it's impressive enough that it's became a major function when dealing out multiple deaths. When in sync with camouflage in certain terrains, it's nearly impossible to sense the gliding spikes skimming across the ground. Because his body levitates, there are never any footprints.

Weapons: Surprisingly, the only weapons in Raikov's arsenal are twin tanto like blades. He's incredibly agile with both blades, each sharp end lined with cold fusion energy, which virtually turns anything into butter. Because his joints can shift and modulate into any direction or angle, close quarters combat has become incredibly dangerous, as these blades have become quite accurate and on the mark.

Intelligence: 3
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Durability: 5
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Skills: 5

Skills: He's able to craft different appearances, mimicking others, voice, smell, everything except personality. This skill is mainly used to revert what he once was, a human to give him a sense of humanity that may or may not remain inside.

Crimes: He's killed many for the simple reason they crossed Russian boarders. Because of such extreme methods, he's been trialed, successfully with Russian governments denying his existence. Raikov didn't defend himself or even speak up but accepted the charges and willing accepted the procedure. If he had any idea he'd be boom tubed to another planet, there might have been some resistance.

Darkcide

Don't know why you'd assume that but no I don't have a problem with the profile.

You just wouldn't be Russia's first weapon or superpowered being they made for their defense is the only thing. There has been several of them. Crimson Dynamo, The Winter Guard which is one of their superhero teams, Red Star, The Red Trinity was another superhero team, Bolshoi, People's Heroes were another superhero team, as was Soyuz, The People's Protectorate was another team, so is the Rocket Red Brigade, and the Bogatyri. Granted your use of lethal force and the whole denial of your existence thing? Would put you at ends with your countries' heroes. Though that isn't at all a problem.

Russia's policy towards metahumans in both universes is that they have their own, and they do not want outsiders especially Americans operating within their borders. They are violently against that, and will attack other superheroes because of it. They've had a longstanding tradition of metahumans though that dates back to WW2. So the xenophobia is definitely in line with the character you created. You'd be one of the more recent successes they've had in creating a metahuman however. And you'd more than likely have been created or at the least financed by the FSB which is their premiere domestic security agency.

Otherwise, you're free to post whenever.

DRoux

Alias: Black Eye
Citizenship: United States

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

Origin: Cybernetically enhanced human
Powers: Superhuman senses that he can activate and return to normal at will, superhuman reflexes, can punch through about an inch of concrete no problem, and a natural genius-level intellect.
Intelligence: 6
Strength: 4
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Skills: 6

Skills: Intelligence on par with the likes of Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, trained in Capoeira, Krav Maga, and Iron Palm martial arts; can’t hope to hold his own against individuals like Superman or Thor, so avoids them at all costs. An excellent marksman.
Crimes: Murder, grand theft
Major Enemies: Batman, Deadshot (with whom he often competes for contracts), The Punisher (from whom he sometimes steals equipment)

History: A former member of Wayne Enterprises’ R&D department, Donovan was originally brought on for his specialty in biomedical engineering. However, what disturbed the higher echelons of the company, and Bruce Wayne in particular, was his eagerness to weaponize the technology he was producing. He was fired about three years after he started working with the company. Furious, he copied as many schematics as he could get his hands on from the archives, as well as his own prototypes, during his two weeks. Armed with these designs, he labored hard and poured most of his remaining funds into building working devices. He brought them to Hush, and, once he had told the surgeon that he was planning on using them for at least a little bit of revenge against Bruce Wayne, paid for an operation to install artificial muscle fibers, and an enhancer for his reflexes and senses, both wired directly into his nervous system. After a failed attempt on Bruce Wayne’s life, stopped by Robin, (a fight resulting in the sardonically-adopted title of Black Eye, after receiving one from Robin), Donovan fled Gotham and started working freelance assassination contracts. He was taken down by Batman during a contract in Gotham, and was loaded up with the rest of the captured supervillains.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Google

Alias: Cain
Affiliation: Runs the Cult of Cain, whose teachings include the embracing of primal desires and instincts.
Base Of Operations: He mostly worked out of Florida, less big name teams to deal with there.
Citizenship: Untied States
Marital Status: Officially single, though the Cult always gave him plenty to play with.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 160 Lbs
Eyes: Golden Brown
Hair: Brown

Origin: Unknown, the Cult he leads believe that his powers are of devine origin though in truth he suspects that it is mutation that gives him the power he has.

Powers: Cain is gifted with immense strength and speed in addition to being nigh invulnerable. While he cannot fly he is able to leap vast distances and run at Mach-1.
Intelligence-4
Strength-6
Speed-4
Durability-7
Energy Projection-1
Fighting Skills-5

Skills: At the top end of the strength range Cain knows there are few who can go toe to toe with him, especially when one takes into account his durability. However there are those stronger then him out there and he knows since he can't beat them in raw strength he has made a point of learning out to fight those who outclass him in strength and speed. A more pragmatic and dirty fighter you will be hard pressed to find. Also a very skilled manipulator, while he has no trouble getting his own hands dirty he doesn't mind letting someone else do it for him.

Crimes: In addition to his own crimes which include Assault, Murder, Vandalism on a mass scale, Armed Robbery the cult he leads is responsible for a great number of crimes at his urging, to include not only the same crimes that he commits but kidnapping, brainwashing, distrobution of drugs to include Venom, and extortion.
Enemies: Has mostly dealt with B list Heros, and a run in with Squirrel girl that he refuses to go into detail about.

History: Cain gives very little information out about his past, in fact he often lies about his own origins in order to further his gains. What is known is that he was taken from his birth home by the state when he was only a few months old, both his parents being drug addicts. It wasn't long before he was adopted though, placed in a loving and well off family.

But as Cain grew older and he learned of his own abilities he began to see himself as better then those around him, discounting the story of his adoption as a cover he has long suspected that his origins are much more interesting and might explain his talents. When in college he first began to recruit for his cult, demonstrating his powers to a chosen few and explaining to them that he had been sent by a dark god to help usher in the end times, those who join him would not only be spared but greatly rewarded in the new world.

He has kept mostly off the radar though, the biggest team he ran into were the Great Lake Avengers and even then he decided early on that groups of Super heros were more trouble then they were worth.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Darkcide

Both concepts approved, feel free to post as soon as you like. The intro is at the start of the thread and universal for everyone. You can choose how close to any of the players you wish to be boom tubed.

Latooni Subota

Is that someone with cybernetic enhancements I see? :3

Google

Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

evangel

Hey Darkcide, sorry it took me several days! Here's my application!

Alias: BLOODLETTER

Affiliation: Money
Citizenship: United States
Occupation: Contracted household anti-superhero solution. Now with 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back*.

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair: Black

Concept: Mutant with a power armor.
Description: Unassuming civilian by day, unassuming civilian who can secretly ruin Aquaman's day by night. Sure, he can dress quite well but everyone brushes him off as just someone whose fashion sense is dictated by his girlfriend.

Now, in his work gear, BLOODLETTER the numero uno one-man super-hero suppression system looks built like a wild tiger! And he should, considering how much he paid for the suit. And how much he paid for shipping from Hong Kong. Filled with LEDs and disco lights that'll make a raver proud, BLOODLETTER is well-suited for shimmying to Batstep on top of the Batmobile during the Batparty hosted by BatDJ at the Batcave.

Powers: Ability to momentarily shut down certain types of powers by interfering with the user's nervous system with an aura emanating off his body. The aura's range is rather short, and might as well be very close contact. Difficult to train, and Leon has not figured out how to make this shut off more basic functions like walking. Or punching Leon in the face. But hey, at least Wonder Woman now no longer has the blessing of Demeter!

The power armor is capable of multiplying the user's strength and durability to magnificent levels. Increases range of sight and hearing, comes with temperature control, air filtering and patented heads-up-display from Stark Industries. Grappling hook/wire gun "2 'n 1" system located on right arm. Located on the left arm as well if purchased during promotional period. Lock system that relies on biometrics renders the suit protected against opportunists. This armor complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this armor may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this armor must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Final product may differ from promotional images. Gun not included.

Intelligence: 2
Strength: 2 (6 with armor on!)
Speed: 2 (3 with armor on!)
Durability: 2 (6 with armor on!)
Energy Projection: 1 (1 with armor on! Leon didn't want to pay for Lepursol Blast feature. Bad reviews online.)
Fighting Skills: 2 (4 with armor on! This model came with free martial arts sequences programmed in.)

Skills: Browsing shady websites to buy black market products. Setting up shady-looking websites to offer black-market services. Looking like an unassuming civilian. Fast-learner. Works well with others.
Crimes: Aiding/abetting known fugitives. Obstruction of justice. Operating a business without a license.
Enemies: Thor, Flash.

Origin:
Leon himself didn't know when this specific power arrived on his doorstep. All that he knew was that he was trapped in a burning building and Spiderman came to bail him out. Only that Spiderman and Leon nearly splattered to the ground when Spiderman's wall-crawling skills suddenly decided to take a coffee break. An incident where Aquaman suddenly lost ten friendship points with the shark community (He made it out, it's okay!) after a friendly finger-tap didn't cement his belief that this was more than a coincidence yet, though.

But an idea popped into his head after he took a personalized photo with Iron Man (both of them popping out V for Victory signs) and the Armored Avenger could still fly/boost/repulsor to his heart's content in the immediate minutes that followed. A test of the theory launched the career of Parity, the superhero who's built to take down rampaging super villains! Alas, Parity's career soon fizzled out when Leon discovered that being good and being paid for being good doesn't happen unless you're a rich, intelligent superstar.

Thus paved the way for BLOODLETTER. A real American dream come true with his first gig. Playing a silly hostage on a bank-robbery paid rather well when the hostage's hug proceeded to turn Flash into a dude in red tights who can't chase down a Ford Transit. And hey, who knew that said hostage was working for the robbers?

Batman, apparently.

After assisting in several similar heists, Leon had become rich enough to be able to order an Iron Man knockoff suit from Hong Kong. Comes with its own power source guaranteed to not run out for the next 100 years! Complete with positive reviews from Amazon.com ("It's like Stark Industries themselves sanctioned it!") and so many bonuses. Money makes a fine substitute for training or super-powers, right? His next job with the suit? Irrelevant, 'cause Batman hacked into the suit and told it to open up the helmet. Then, he proceeded to show BLOODLETTER that pure detective muscle isn't a superpower. All in front of Main Street. Minutes/hours/days/weeks later, Leon wakes up on somewhere that isn't Gotham. Or Earth.

* - Warranty voided if third party known as "BATMAN"/"IRON MAN"/"GREEN LANTERN" interferes.

Darkcide

The concept is alright, but you can't inhibit people's abilities. That is unbalanced. To shut down someone like Wonder Woman's abilities, you need magic and high order magic at that. Being able to shut off people's powers, especially from an aura? I can't allow that.

evangel

Alright, I'll submit a new application later tonight!