Bookmark Tabs/Sorting

Started by Andronica, February 02, 2018, 05:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andronica

After sorting my current stories list in my A/A page, I thought it would be an interesting feature to implement into Elkarte if we could sort bookmarks into tabs or folders, which also have new reply notifications (like the PM system). Personally I'd love to keep track of my active stories in one neat section and another tab for slower paced RPs, social threads, etc, rather than having 20+ bookmarks to sift through on one page. 

Not sure when Elkarte is rolling out but I recall a thread for suggestions like this, if a mod would rather I post this there? :)

persephone325

Ssieth's Greasemonkey Script offers bookmark tagging/sorting. It's been really helpful for me as a mentor, keeping socializing bookmarks separate from informational bookmarks. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Andronica

I have Sseith's Greasemonkey Script and I love it!

Unfortunately I don't see an option to move/sort bookmarks besides Quick Topics. I've never played around with the tagging system, though - is that the solution?

persephone325

Quote from: Andronica on February 02, 2018, 06:49:07 PM
I have Sseith's Greasemonkey Script and I love it!

Unfortunately I don't see an option to move/sort bookmarks besides Quick Topics. I've never played around with the tagging system, though - is that the solution?

It might be! If you just click the option that says "BM", it'll just give you the entire list of all your bookmarks. But, if you put tags in place you can hover over the BM option and a little list will drop down with all your tags. I have tags for Owed posts, a tag where I keep all my solo games, a tag for my World Building threads, etc.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Andronica

That worked perfectly! Thank you. :D

persephone325

I don't know.