A tool to search by post frequency?

Started by backlash84, January 27, 2018, 12:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backlash84

Not sure how to go about it, but I find that one of the biggest things I am looking for when I am considering a partner is how often they post. I'm pretty avid in my posting, usually at least once a day, which seems to be pretty out of the norm. From what I've seen, the majority of people like to have someone who approximately matches their posting rate,

Maybe in "Find a partner" you could have a drop down menu with different options for how often the individual posts at the moment, something they could set in their preferences page so that people could easily find people who match their pace, or at least close to it.

Just a little idea, thought I'd share and see what people think.

persephone325

That's a good idea, actually. Perhaps it's something the staff can look into for the Elkarte move.

I believe the O/Os matrix was built my Veks himself (correct me if I'm wrong), so I imagine there would be room to add something like that. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

MagicalPen

The only problem I see with that is that there is no distinction between RP Posts and all the Socializing Posts. There are a lot of people who would show up as 'Poster multiple times a day' who don't actually RP, or do so very infrequently. I remember it was a hot topic way back when Post Count was expanded to include the Socializing Forums/Games area, not just the RP Boards.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

persephone325

Quote from: backlash84 on January 27, 2018, 12:33:15 AM
how often the individual posts at the moment

I think he means how often a person posts for their games, not an overall post count.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

backlash84

Quote from: MagicalPen on January 27, 2018, 03:13:47 PM
The only problem I see with that is that there is no distinction between RP Posts and all the Socializing Posts. There are a lot of people who would show up as 'Poster multiple times a day' who don't actually RP, or do so very infrequently. I remember it was a hot topic way back when Post Count was expanded to include the Socializing Forums/Games area, not just the RP Boards.

I was more meaning a manually set indicator for how often on average you feel you are able to post currently, with a few options to choose from.

persephone325

It might be worth mentioning that here as well. Just in case. ^^
I don't know.

Oreo

Quote from: persephone325 on January 27, 2018, 08:20:03 PM
It might be worth mentioning that here as well. Just in case. ^^
Indeed it might be something easily doable. Average posts a day in the right hand column.

You can also get a rough estimate in their profile stats.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin