Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

" Eh, toss water on him? Kiss him awake?" she didn't like the last suggestion and it made her shudder." Or, do you have a better idea ?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Someone had better forgive me for this," he said under his breath before slapping the man around the face. "We need to talk, now." The man looked terrified, pulling Jake close enough that he could whisper something in his ear which made all the colour drain out of Jake's face.

Lady Temptress

she has her weapon in quick reach just in case she has to hurt the man and she gazes at Jake. " What did he say? what's wrong?" she kept watch making sure no one walked in on them.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"He's dead," he said, standing up quickly. "They stabbed him with one of those knives Lena mentioned, if we'd been even a minute later he'd never have told us anything. We need to get out of here now, I'll tell you what he told me when we're back at Lena's. We need to find somewhere safe she can retrieve us from though."

Lady Temptress

" Look a closet to the right. Come on." she hurriedly grabs Jake's left arm and she runs to the closet with Jake and shuts the door as she blocks it so no one can enter it until they are safely at Lena's again.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Jake was about to call her but she had evidently heard what was going on. Within moments they found themselves back in the living foom of the building again.

"I need a drink," Jake said, visibly shaken. "I just discovered something very VERY bad."

Lady Temptress

" Make that 3 drinks, please Lena. I think you and I will need a drink too. Jake tell us honey." she helps Lena fix their drinks and she sat by Jake holding his right hand.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"He was being used," Jake said as Lena entered the room with the drinks. "This was never HIS plan, they just let him think it was for as long as it was convenient to keep him alive. They killed him because they had been trying to find something, a secret Abraham Lincoln was given by a time traveller. They assumed it was in the White House, when they realised it wasn't they killed him. The fractures have had two purposes: one, destroying the Agency so we couldn't thwart their plans and two, forcing whoever had the item to reveal the fact to the outside world."

Lady Temptress

" holy hell. Thats just fucked up. What do we do now?" she sighs and gave a hug to Jake as she downs her drink and refils hers and their's.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We have an advantage over them," Jake said with a smile. "I found something in the newspapers earlier which I've only just realised the significance of. There's an artefact that Lincoln gave to a museum in his will. No-one could figure out what it was for but its the one thing that has never changed during all the time fractures. I'm wondering if that's what we're looking for."

Lady Temptress

she raises her brows and his last remarks peek Hannah's interest greatly. " Oh? What is it Jake?" she gave a side glance to Lena and then again to Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"That's the weird thing," Jake replied. "I can find lots of references to an item hidden in a museum vault but either its kept under the highest security imaginable or no-one in the museum has opened the vault in a very long time. There's a reference to an unknown visitor giving it to Lincoln but that's about it."

Lady Temptress

" Maybe we should go to the museum and have a look around?" she questions as she continues to listen to Jake explain it all to her and Lena.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Best way to do it would be to retrieve it as close to the time Lincoln was given it as possible," Lena said. "Otherwise all it would need would be them to retrieve it earlier than we did and we'd have a massive time paradox, which is about the only scenario WORSE than a fracture."

Lady Temptress

Hannah sat  and listened intently again as she would nod her head a few times.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Which means breaking into the White House again," Jake said with a sigh.

"Not necessarily," Lena replied. "We can't be sure it was ever in the White House, if you could take it while it's being transported there's a chance it may not have a guard. After all they'd want to avoid it drawing attention from unwanted eyes."

Lady Temptress

she nods her head while she listens and makes all three of them some sandwhiches and iced tea. Then she puts everything on the table with bags of chips to go with the sandwhiches. " Come on and have lunch while we discuss things."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Might be an idea," Lena said, smiling at the suggestion. "A bit of brain food might help us come up with a smart plan, can't risk rushing in with no plan at all."

"What is there to eat?" Jake asked.

Lady Temptress

Hannah gave a nod of her  head to Lena.  " she began to eat as she listens.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"The museum is in Des Moines, Iowa," Jake said. "All we need to do is find a spot somewhere between Washington and Des Moines to distract the guards long enough to stel it."

Lady Temptress

" And where would that spot be?" she questions curiously and she finishes her lunch as sips her iced tea.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I'm not sure," Lena said with a shrug. "That covers a huge distance, we'd have to study a map and make sure we pick the right spot. We can't be sure we'll get a second chance at this. Who fancies studying a map for a few hours?"

Lady Temptress

"I'll study the map. That'll give me something to do while you guys discuss things."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Sounds like a good idea," Lena replied. "We need to assume they have some guards on this thing too, so you guys will have to go with some kind of weaponry as a precaution."

Lady Temptress

" I was taught how to use switch blades, daggers, guns, etc. My dad was an army guy."
Lady Dreamer