Looking for a Statted game to join

Started by Anathanasia, December 21, 2005, 04:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anathanasia

I'm not going to give any really specific ideas, just more general stuff, 'cause I'm not really all that picky. Except that fantasy or horror would not my first choices.

I'd love to find a good sci-fi, space opera type of thing with a slight lean towards hard-SF, Cyberpunk, d20 Modern-ish (with or without Urban Arcana) or Shadowrun, Star Wars, or something with superheroes, all pretty much in that order. And then horror or fantasy. Hehe, really, I just want to play in something where the game-part comes just teensy bit before the sex-part, but structured, statted, with real plot and story and a GM or three. The size of the game isn't important, just so long as the GM isn't overwhelmed and can manage a couple posts a day (I'm probably 2-3 posts most days myself, though sometimes more) for all the players involved.

All in all, the system isn't all that important as I can get my hands on several different core rules for even older games easy enough. If I can't borrow it, I'm sure I can find a scan on eMule even if it's out of print.

For the adult part of the game, things I like: bondage and domination can both be pretty heavy, with the S&M kept a bit lighter (flogging and clips are good, blades and needles not so much), rape, public use, groups, male or female consensual (so long as it's not totally vanilla), monsters, tentacles, bestiality, humiliation, clothing is a big fetish for me too, along with my character losing it in interesting and inappropriate ways  ;)

I don't know which 'heavy' all that puts me into, but probably exotic, huh?

Stuff I don't like: all the stuff in the rules here anyway, plus herms/she-males are a personal squick (I like both girls and boys, but only seperately, not in the same body).

I'm pretty open to most other stuff, even if it's not big on my list. It's fun to give other people a good experience too, right?

Anyway, hope this isn't too broad. I just hope some GMs see it, even for games that are already running or whatever, and mebbe I can get in on something! Yay! ;D
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

indarkestknight

Running a 3.5 D&D game right now here. Some enemy groups involve followers of Belial, Graz'zt, and Loviatar. If you know the rules, I hope you'll join, but considering how complex the system is, if you don't, it may cause problems. Either way, hope you find what you're looking for!

Elvi

Well don't forget to try a bit of freeform too.....
It's much easier going, less measured and more immediate.
I love the idea fo playing with an unknown entity and feeding off what the other writer chucks into the pot next, trying to wiggle out of it, think my way round it, or just push harder to get where I want to be.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Anathanasia

Oh, I know freeform can be fun. It's also far easier to find, and for me I'd rather do freeform on a MUSH like Shangrila. Take a few hours, lots of nice long poses later and a whole scene is done. Much better than a couple weeks (at least).  :P

I really do want to find a statted game or two first, and then maybe a freeform if I think I'll have the time for that much posting.

Elvi

Ah well horses for courses.
I find MUSH, well......uninteresting.....it's still too.....measured.....
I have just had a very intensive couple of hours roleplay on here, myself and my partner have virtually played it out minute by minute.
It has left me shaken to the core and had me crying at one point.
When has MUSH or a system game done that to me?......never.....

Anathanasia

Hmmm, I wonder what you've done differently...

The freeform MUSH RP I've played hasn't been any different from PBP I've played in the past, just faster. It's pretty much the same thing, just no message board saving the poses, instead you need to click the 'save buffer' option on your client in order to get a save file. Really, each pose on Shang is just like each post here. There's no rules, very few easy socials (it's all emotes there), and of course you can sometimes drum up a scene just by going out to the grid and seeing who else is out there. It's just gotten a little blah for me, partially because of a string of baddness. Power-posing, god-modding, 3 liner types. Blech.  >:(

Elvi

Exactly my point.
There is very little of that here.
Very few Godmoders and they are stamped on everytime they raise their ugly little alter egos.
Sometimes when both players are online and thier characters are having a conversation, then the posts are short, however when there is need for description of the scene or character or action, they become longer.

This site is also not just for personal gratification. It is nice to know that others read and enjoy your work.
On the odd occasion when I have had another unrelated player complement me on a particular post or thread that I am involved in, then I take it as a very high praise indeed.

Anathanasia

Ah-hah! Now I see what you're getting at.  ;D

Yeah, I can see that. It would be easier to keep them types of players under control in a PBP or PBEM. I've even run into them in those kinds of games before, though. Blech.

I'm not against the idea of freeform, but it's not what I really want right now. Perhaps, come the right game and if I've enough time after finding a couple statted games to play in, I'll join one. *shrugs* Just going to have to wait and see.  :)

Elvi

Well if you haven't got too much time on line, what you do is either find someone who has a similar timing to you, or someone who's happy to have a slow posting game.
Then do a one to one with them.
If you pick another player who you find suites your writing styles, then that can be as enjoyable as a fast a furious game.
I have several games like that at the moment.
They get as much attention as the other games, but I can post on them at a more leisurely pace.

Muse

M'lady, if you're intrested in Exalted, I'm restarting a game that died on Rpol here.  You'd be welcome here.  I know you said Fantasy wasn't your first choice, but there it is. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zakharra

I'm thinking of starting a Cyberpunk game here. I used to run them and did so for about 10 years. Fairly well too in fact. So if you are interested in that..... ;)

RogueJedi

Well, I do know that you are interested in being in my SWd20 game I'm putting together... is there anyone else?

Anathanasia

Hey, you get back to your own thread and stop advertising for players in my looking for games thingie, RJ! ;)

Hehe, really, yes I am possibly interested in your SWd20 game, though I still think it should have some Force stuff going on. Have you thought of maybe making it even a little earlier, closer to the end of Ep3, when some Jedi are still running around? Very similar timeline, off by 10-15 years earlier maybe, but it would allow for the good vs. evil theme of the Force without having to bend from the canon timeline so much. Just a thought I had...

Anathanasia

Yup, 'replying' to my own game wanted thread...  ;)

I am thinking I need to find something to occupy my time while the games I'm to be joining are in startup limbo, so maybe if anyone sees this we could a little one-on-one? Of course, I'm horrid and would prefer something with numbers, but for one-on-one freeform would be oh-kay!

I'm not feeling terribly picky, except to say that I would want to stick with a female character. Fantasy, again, is not my first choice for setting, but I'm always open to playing dark elves of various styles. I just like the dark skin and light hair aestheticl it's Hawt!  :D

Take a look at the first post in this thread to see what I'm into, PM me if you've any ideas or you'd just like to discuss some possibilities.  :)