Way of the Wicked (Evil Mythic Pathfinder Campaign - OOC)

Started by Foxfyr, October 05, 2014, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2014, 09:48:59 PM
Is why I do it.

Will bonuses will be handy for you, yes. : )
So do you think these custom houses will play a role in the RP? If so, should I use one of your created houses so that we don't have too many floating around in the storyline?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 08, 2014, 10:39:16 PM
So do you think these custom houses will play a role in the RP? If so, should I use one of your created houses so that we don't have too many floating around in the storyline?

Possibly.

Keriath's house is sworn to Sworn to Duke Geriant of House Rissoran. Keriath's house only contains himself, his father and grandfather, so not really relevant for your character. Haven't detailed much of that duke yet. Feel free to make things up about him.

The Duchy Keriath has been romping around in with Meliai's oracle is primarily elven, so not really relevant for your character.

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2014, 11:40:51 PM
Possibly.

Keriath's house is sworn to Sworn to Duke Geriant of House Rissoran. Keriath's house only contains himself, his father and grandfather, so not really relevant for your character. Haven't detailed much of that duke yet. Feel free to make things up about him.

The Duchy Keriath has been romping around in with Meliai's oracle is primarily elven, so not really relevant for your character.
Okay.

I'll just make my own then. Would be easier for everyone. :P
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Foxfyr

Good first session everybody.  If you want, you can keep a journal of what transpired here.  Or write something up and I'll post it on the first page.

Solstice

Well I suppose I should say something here, um.

...Hi! :z

Figured I ought to make myself known not just in the context of our lovely virtual tabletop room. Still, I suppose, have some finishing-touches-ish chargen-stuff to take care of, which I'll hopefully have dealt with by next time.
...Dumb questions on my part are likely to ensue between then and now. e.e
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Vekseid

Some background details for Keriath:

House Vannerolm

Over nine centuries before Keriath was born, the great paladin Amorant won the favor of a beautiful angel - a peri known as Nehulessi. Their only son, Celon, followed in his parent's footsteps, and grew to untold heights of power - eventually slaying Amrigophales, a Duke of Hell who had managed to find a path to true immortality. This impossible act he secured with his own line - so long as his sons lived, the great Duke would remain slain. For his own heroic deeds in Talingarde itself, he was granted a barony and the right accorded a noble house: Vannerolm. Sworn to the Duchy of Soravet, now held by Duke Geriant of House Rissoran, this house has been on the brink of extinction for nearly a millennia.

Asmodeus himself laid his curse on the man - none of his line would ever sire more than one child - unless they turned irrevocably to evil. After five of his six sons each sired daughters, he sought a blessing from Mitra himself. Any such single sons would thensforth sire only sons.

A great many forces sought to break the curse, as few powers good or evil desired to see the Duke return. At least three succubi bore sons for the line. Despite this heritage, the children remained true to the virtues of their fathers. Each son was raised a paladin, as his father before him, creating a most ancient and lonesome order, keeping the peace over the Castle Vannerolm and its barony.

After centuries of loyal service, House Rissoran forgot about the fell curse laid upon their servant, and House Vannerolm was eventually granted possession of the barony of Sophsfell, along with oversight of the three nearby towns. Now counts, this increased their prestige significantly.

Direct Possessions:
- The Barony of Vannerolm her castle (capital of the County of Sophiret)
- The Barony of Sophsfell and her castle
- Right of corvee and taxation from the towns of Sophiret, Vasserel, and Dovreight.
- Right of same from the villages and hamlets within the county borders.

Recent Members: The house consists of three widely known members. Until Keriath, all are Emberkin (Peri-blooded Aasimar) with the Deathless Spirit and Scion of Humanity traits, and all are Paladins.
- Keriath (known to a few). Known to a few scholars who pieced it together during or before his trial, as well as his father. Keriath saw Dhaevon at the trial, but amongst all those there, it did not register. Keriath's trial was attended by a veritable army of those whose family members he had slain or ravaged.
- Dhaevon, Keriath's father. A deeply troubled man in his early thirties who has long been in search of his fell son. He was present at the trial, and though he feels deep regret for the damage his son had wrought, he is glad that the curse is finally over. He is currently working to adopt some of Keriath's oldest sons. He knows better than to even try to find them all. He is far from the only one looking to do so, however.
- Amorant VII, Dhaevon's father (deceased). Perished when the erinyes Zen attacked the castle to ravage his son.
- Ghavris, Dhaevon's grandfather. Currently the acting count after his father stepped down. Was away when the erinyes attacked.
- Teleron, Ghavris' father. A great hero in the Darian war for succession and the battles Markadian the First led later. Maimed during Zen's attack, he abdicated rule of the county to his son. Over a century old, infirm and crippled, death will soon take him.
- Celon XI, Teleron's father (deceased). A hero alongside his son, died at the Battle of Tamberlyn.

Keriath's Background

Fed up with the plodding seduction attempts of succubi who were content to simply try again every century or three, Zen - a powerful erinyes - decided to take Dhaevon by force, and ravaged him.

The child of this unholy union, she named Keriath.

She endured raising the boy personally for nearly two years - instilling discipline into him as only a devil can. After that, she passed him between a chain of diabolists to engage his magical instruction, preventing him from getting attached to any one. All females with a highly patriarchal outlook, Keriath was used to being in a position of authority from a young age.

As he entered puberty, Zen ensured that his instructors were nubile and alluring, only barely holding his lust in check. She was about to lose what little patience she had with the boy until one of his prior instructors presented her a newborn son, appearing almost human save for a prominent tail.

She took Keriath - now a man - to a remote village, which she had been preparing for some years with a series of tragic accidents. The few men that remained in the village had little to show for themselves, and the women were quite eager when the half-fiend arrived.

He did better than Zen could possibly have dreamed. When the first children were born, the lords of the ruling house were furious - and cuckolded - but there was little they could do as Keriath had long since moved on, and the girls were in fact willing.

(Remainder of background is still being written with Meliai. Altered the remainder significantly. >_>)

Vekseid

Keriath's Journal

Note: Keriath's journal is written from the perspective that he expects some do-gooder to eventually find and read it. He considers outright lying a last resort, but he will tend to gloss over important details where they might compromise his goals. He may sometimes imply things that aren't true or severely understate things that are.

Day 1

My dear little slave was sounding so happy. Poor thing. Oh to watch the hope fade from her eyes. I am certain it would have broken a lesser heart.

After our grand trial, we had a lovely trip to Brandescar. I assume it must have been lovely because they did not dare take my hood off from the moment the trial ended. I was allowed to drink water through straw, at least. My pet was all too happy to describe the scenery for me. Of course, her voice could make a pigsty sound immaculate.

Sergeant Blackerly laughed at her cry when he branded her. Before I leave, I am going to brand each of his stones along with his manhood, and stuff their crushed, burnt remains down his throat. I doubt that my dear slave will appreciate the gesture, but I will not tolerate disrespect to my most valuable property.

He needed to reheat the iron twice to get my brand to take. The hood permitted me to keep a bemused look on my face as he cursed my mother. I understand that she is not the most gentle of women, but he has no right to call her that.

He is going to wish I killed him. I know he has no reward awaiting him in the afterlife, but I feel it important to make sure his life in this world is thoroughly destroyed, first.

Besides my fellow cellmates, I caught neither whiff nor sound of another female in the entire prison on my way in, nor any of the guards talking about any female except for Thog. Such esteemed company we are in. I was not expecting her to look anywhere near as pleasant as she does, as such creatures go. Given her sobriquet, I imagine she will be dining well shortly.

The guards openly taunted me about the visage I was missing as they locked me in. I told them I could smell my new friends just fine and that seemed to disturb them enough to shut them up.

If you are some would-be hero looking for clues as to where we might be off too, yes, Tomas seriously let me see a guest and actually allowed us privacy while my hood was off and arms unbound. She had him wrapped around her finger so tight I was worried she would need to amputate it. He didn't even get to touch her for it, much less... Anyway, his own soldiers aren't exactly blind to how incompetent he is, either.

And yes... freedom. If you think being manacled and fettered is uncomfortable, you should grow a pair of tails and have the lovely ladies who finally captured us bind them to your waist. Once they figured it out - after a few weeks of very little dignity - they did a very good job, in more than a few ways. The wizardess spent most of the time researching a counter to the grease spell just so they could have the... grip to pull my tails fully taut. It took all six of them, plus some volunteers.

When I get my clothes back from the sorceress - and check up on my sons if they are born yet - I am going to have to thank them for minding my bone structure when they bound my tails. They ached... oh did they ever ache, but a straight wind around would have been excruciating. The ladies must have made it rather clear how hard they were to bind, because no one dared take the bindings off since, even for the trial.

Just the feeling of them being free was enough to distract me from the... nature and state of my new companions. Important, I think, that we get someplace safe.

Now for the guards. I might ask, what would you do, if you had four beautiful women and a man in a cell, all securely bound, and the man able to hear but not see?

I know what I would do. My slave knows too. I am curious how disciplined these guards are.

What better way for a man to get himself killed than to damn himself by his thoughts and goals in the process? Exquisite, I would say.

Foxfyr

Just a friendly reminder that we are playing tonight. :-)

Carlissa

Ahh yes, tonight is the night...

Almost done drawing my avatar pic. Hope to finish it by the time we start.

Faeli

So... for us Lurkers... where do we go to lurk?  O.o

Foxfyr

You can click the link at the first post of this thread. If you have a roll20 account, I can send you an invite so you can spectate, just need the email that is associated with it. (You can send it to me via PM)

Solstice

Meep, sorry about vanishing near the end, there. Internet went out for a bit.

Vekseid

We'll forgive you. Maybe. Someday.

As a note, don't want to forget to take our clothes out of the veil.

Foxfyr

Just a friendly reminder that we have a session scheduled for tonight.  :-)

Foxfyr

Quote from: Loki Aesir on October 23, 2014, 08:35:51 AM
Just a friendly reminder that we have a session scheduled for tonight.  :-)

Bumping for relevancy for tonight.

Carlissa

Meliai

So bad news! :-(

I am going to be late if not entirely absent tonight, because of dumb last minute work bullshit. I've been stuck late every day this week, and today isn't going any better. I'll get on as soon as I get home, but I'm not sure exactly when that will be and I might be a bit of a zombie.

I'm not sure if Loki just ignores characters if their player is absent or treats them as an NPC, but I will pop on roll20 and double check that her sheet there is all in line in case someone needs to roll things for me. Lisette still has one first level spell slot yet which she's been saving for emergency healing
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Sol Lua

I'm having a day as well.  Pipe sprung a leak at home and I can't quite DIY it, so plumber coming.  Once they're done I'm off to find a work appropriate halloween costume and pick up some ingredients to bake apple crisp I got volunteered for.  I make it well, but damn.

Anyway, I'll be on but might be a touch late or distracted.

Foxfyr

No problem, I appreciate the heads up. For those who aren't able to make it, I'll NPC you and use your characters as a need arises.

Solstice

I may be late tonight, as I have an evening exam. Shouldn't be terribly late (probably not more than an hour?) even if so.

Foxfyr

Thanks for letting me know.

As a note for the group, I will be going on vacation starting the evening of the 13th and will be returning the 22nd, but the following Thursday is Thanksgiving, which is bound to conflict with players' schedules. That said, would we be interested in finding another day to play for next week and the week of thanksgiving so we don't have a 3 week dry spell?

Sol Lua

Vekseid

Foxfyr

I'll be there. (Kinda important for me to be there after all)

Carlissa