Way of the Wicked (Evil Mythic Pathfinder Campaign - OOC)

Started by Foxfyr, October 05, 2014, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 07, 2014, 09:43:00 AM
Studying it a bit more, I found an alternate build option:

Str: 17
Dex: 20
Con: 14
Int: 8
Wis: 9
Cha: 15

This is for Order of the Lion.

If going with Order of the Dragon, go for Wis: 15, Cha: 9 instead for certain.

You'd be focusing on archery here, though you would certainly be capable in melee as well. Since Luring Cavalier works with Beast Rider you can double up on this >_>

Archery tends to be a lot more powerful than melee, as you're almost always going to get full attack. I think you'd have more fun long-term with archery as difficulty with getting into melee can be highly annoying.

As for wisdom versus charisma, there's a trait, eyes and ears of the city, that you can take. This would give you perception as a class skill and a +1 bonus to it, so you'll be surprised less. Focusing on dexterity/archery means you would go first more often, as well. And Luring Challenge while the monk is in the way is just cruel. >_>

As for will saves, you're not going to be facing them every session, you're not always going to be vulnerable to them when you are (protection from/magic circle against x keep the worst effects out), and 3 points less only makes it slightly more likely to fail, you're still going to succeed some of the time.
So archery would be a better option than melee? But considering that archer is ranged, why would I need a mount? I'm presuming that, if in going to emphasis on luring, I won't be doing much direct combat? I know you said they both work together, but if I'm going ranged, why would I need the skills that go into Beast Rider?

I wouldn't worry about the annoyance of "getting into" a certain play style. Trying to learn this stuff is already confusing the heck out of me. :P

Why would using Luring Challenge with a monk around be cruel?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 07, 2014, 12:51:53 PM
So archery would be a better option than melee? But considering that archer is ranged, why would I need a mount? I'm presuming that, if in going to emphasis on luring, I won't be doing much direct combat? I know you said they both work together, but if I'm going ranged, why would I need the skills that go into Beast Rider?

I wouldn't worry about the annoyance of "getting into" a certain play style. Trying to learn this stuff is already confusing the heck out of me. :P

Why would using Luring Challenge with a monk around be cruel?

You'd be using your mount to stay out of melee. However, if someone does actually reach you (through whatever walls of pain the party has setup), you can still have a big two-handed weapon to fall back on. You probably will be involved in melee at some points, for a variety of reasons.

Luring Challenge gives one opponent a +4 bonus to hit you (as opposed to -2 AC you apply to yourself). If other people are in the way, in order to reach you and take advantage of that they need to take a solid beating from your allies.

Archery starts pulling ahead of melee starting around 6th level. It's probably best to see this in play, but a character cannot both move and make a full attack, normally. Full attacks let you do a lot more damage, but if you're melee, you have to keep moving to reach your opponents (which may not always be possible), while a ranged character can try to hit almost anything they can see.

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 07, 2014, 02:32:06 PM
You'd be using your mount to stay out of melee. However, if someone does actually reach you (through whatever walls of pain the party has setup), you can still have a big two-handed weapon to fall back on. You probably will be involved in melee at some points, for a variety of reasons.

Luring Challenge gives one opponent a +4 bonus to hit you (as opposed to -2 AC you apply to yourself). If other people are in the way, in order to reach you and take advantage of that they need to take a solid beating from your allies.

Archery starts pulling ahead of melee starting around 6th level. It's probably best to see this in play, but a character cannot both move and make a full attack, normally. Full attacks let you do a lot more damage, but if you're melee, you have to keep moving to reach your opponents (which may not always be possible), while a ranged character can try to hit almost anything they can see.
But if I'm going ranged, why not just be a rogue, ranger, or fighter? Wouldn't they do a better job at being an archer than a cavalier? Like, a ranger and rogue could stay out if danger using stealth or something? And wouldn't a fighter be able to dish out more damage? I mean, I'm no expert on these classes, but that's the impression I got when I read over their class descriptions...

Ohh, I see. So it's cruel for the opponent, not for the monk. :P

So then... There isn't any benefit of being a melee fighter over a ranged fighter?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Sol Lua

Yes, luring opponents through my threatened squares makes the brawler grin with sadistic glee  >:)

With the build Veks is suggesting you would have a Str of 17, which is still very impressive.  You would have no issues standing up front if the situation called for it.

Melee can still do well, but taking full attacks is an issue as Veks said.  You have to compensate for that by using your class abilities and feats inventively.  We also generally need at least one person to stand between a big bad and the squishy casters.  I'm looking at you Latooni.

Either way I'm interested in which way you go.  I may switch around my racial bonus depending.

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 07, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
But if I'm going ranged, why not just be a rogue, ranger, or fighter? Wouldn't they do a better job at being an archer than a cavalier? Like, a ranger and rogue could stay out if danger using stealth or something? And wouldn't a fighter be able to dish out more damage? I mean, I'm no expert on these classes, but that's the impression I got when I read over their class descriptions...

Ohh, I see. So it's cruel for the opponent, not for the monk. :P

So then... There isn't any benefit of being a melee fighter over a ranged fighter?

Melee is able to block people from getting to squishier people (like my character will be >_>). However, you would be doing okay at that anyway.

And the Luring cavalier transforms them from a stereotypical western knight into a horsebowperson. You keep your foes at a distance, taunt them and turn them into pincushions. It's not going to be any less effective, and against single targets will generally be superior.

Carlissa

The thing is that being a Luring Cavalier would defeat the purpose of why I wanted to be a cavalier in the first place. :/

I imagined my character charging onto the battlefield on top of a T-Rex and laying waste to her enemies while they scream in fear of her bloodied lance and steed's crimson stained jaw (I know this won't really happen given the game we're playing, but holy hell do I want to stab people while riding a T-Rex). Not shoot somebody and run away. There's no glory or awesome imagery in that. :/

But if you want me to be a luring cavalier... Well, you guys know the game better than I do, so I'll make the change. I might want to change a few things about my character though. Probably change her race to something smaller. Give her a warthog or something silly in nature for a mount. :P

Sol Lua

Just my two cents, but if you want to ride into a sea of enemies on a terrifying steed for blood and glory, then do that. 

I'd love to have someone else on the front line, and fun>character optimization.  Besides, we can probably work together to do all kinds of nasty things to our enemies.  [insert sinister laughter here]

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 07, 2014, 04:59:27 PM
The thing is that being a Luring Cavalier would defeat the purpose of why I wanted to be a cavalier in the first place. :/

I imagined my character charging onto the battlefield on top of a T-Rex and laying waste to her enemies while they scream in fear of her bloodied lance and steed's crimson stained jaw (I know this won't really happen given the game we're playing, but holy hell do I want to stab people while riding a T-Rex).

Pretty sure this is exactly what will happen in most scenarios.

For the love of all that is unholy, doooo iiiiit.

I would go with my original stat breakdown:

Strength 20
Dexterity 14
Constitution 17
Intelligence 8
Wisdom 9
Charisma 15

Would recommend Power Attack and Mounted Combat as your first feats. You may want to look at the emissary archetype also. You'll give up some buffs in exchange for being a bit more mobile (am pretty sure Erratic Charge (Ex) replaces Master Tactician, not Supreme Charge) and a bunch of appropriate bonus feats. Since it gives you Mounted Combat for free, I would recommend Power Attack and furious Focus as your first two feats if you went that route.

Not shoot somebody and run away. There's no glory or awesome imagery in that. :/

Should have listed your dream goal first, then I wouldn't have wasted time with this silly tangent. :-p

Sol Lua

All right.  Draft one of Aesa Tolangarde.  Feedback, comments, love/hate, feel free to let me know.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Key Stats (Full Sheet to follow)

Str 14
Dex 20 (+2 from half elf)
Con 13
Int 8
Wis 12
Cha 17

Half Elf Brawler lvl 1  HP 11

Feats
Weapon Finesse
Skill Focus (Acrobatics)
Improved Unarmed Strike

Traits
Soldier (from crime), Acrobat, Bloodthirsty, and Blatant (Flaw)

Skill Ranks
Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Perception, Swim, Profession (Soldier)

Common and Elven as languages, that's about it for starting naked  ;D

Back Story- Summary

Aesa grew up in a non-pious, resentful half elf family with a history in the military.  She joined, but was soon shipped off to disappear with a unit full of essentailly evil aligned soldiers.  Instead she thrived there.  When ordered to help rescue a (lawful stupid) paladin who had foolishly gone north of the wall her unit deserted rather than waste itself in the doomed attempt.  The rescue was attempted anyway, led by a younger brother of the paladin, and met with disaster.  The younger paladin survived and hunter her down, killing one of her old companions in the process.

Back Story- Short Narrative

Ex-Sergeant Aesa Tolangarde opened her eyes with reluctance.  She must have nodded of for a moment, but it had provided a brief reprieve from her current predicament.  The rags hanging on her slim body barely fit and concealed little, but modesty wasn’t one of her top concerns even at the best of times.  The cuts and bruises were all superficial, which she supposed she could be thankful for.  Her crime was unquestioned, and her companions either dead or long gone, the inquisitors had no questions they cared to ask her.  As long as there were no bored sadists among them, she would likely be unbothered until it was time for the noose.

She closed her eyes, working the muscles in her arms to keep some blood flowing through them as she thought back on how she had arrived here.  One statement sprang forth right away, and since she was condemned anyway she felt no need to keep it silent.  “I hate paladins.”

Aesa grew up in a military family, a pure-blood half-elf from an old, if not noble line.  The half elves were an adaptable people, but their longer lifespan changed the way they viewed history, and they remembered.  Aesa’s family still carried resentment about the lose of the old pantheon, the loss of choice of worship.  Which deity their family had once called their own had been quietly forgotten, but the simmering resentment passed down with each generation.

It was no wonder that upon joining the military, while her combat prowess was praised her blunt personality and lack of piety rubbed the more devout instructors and one particular paladin commander the wrong way.  So she was sent north to the Wall and tacked onto a unit full of insubordinates and borderline criminals.  They were based in a remote section of the wall and mostly kept out of site.  She still wasn’t sure whether the commander who assigned her there had hoped they would kill her, or whether they were actually succeeding in turning these people into a unit.

Either way the first day she arrived a scarred veteran named Kale loudly proclaimed he wouldn’t accept an “half breed whore” as part of their group and that she would only get in the way, but she was welcome to dance on the tables for them.  She had indeed gotten up on the tables, but only to reach Kale.  The two had beaten each other bloody while the rest of the unit watched and took bets.  When Aesa finally pinned him down and demanded a cut of the winnings, the whole unit burst into laughter.  The loudest sounds came from the man beneath her, which was impressive since she was pretty sure she had broken at least one of his ribs.

After that she was part of the unit, and eventually one of it’s leaders.  The relationship with the brass was always a strain.  They did the dirty work, the work no one else was willing to do.  Their reports were half truths, when they existed at all, and everyone tried to ignore them when they weren’t needed, commanders hoping they wouldn’t get complaints from the neighboring communities about theft or a despoiled maiden.  Every time a paladin rode through they knew the balanced on the edge of a discharge at best, a court martial at worst. 

Still, Aesa enjoyed her time with the unit, not caring about any of their less than morale world views because the unit functioned as a whole.  Their nimble fingered “espionage expert” might happily stab a man in the back for a copper, but never would any of them break with the unit itself.  Whenever they ended up in combat she stood in the front with the other fighters and left with her hands and weapons as stained as anyone's, perhaps even more so.

They kept the peace, at least from everyone but themselves.  They essentially ruled the small neighboring communities and when they went to one of the taverns while on patrol she drank and molested the bar maids right along with them.  She never did tell them about her occasional liaison with one of the owner’s daughters, but the girl was just too sweet to share.

It all came crashing down when some damned noble paladin lead his men north of the wall.  What his goal had been she never learned, but he had bitten off more than he could chew.  Cut off from the wall, the scryers said it was only a matter of time before he was surrounded and slaughtered.  A daring rescue plan was devised, to be led by the paladins younger but equally bedazzled brother. 

Aesa’s unit was ordered to “scout the left flank”.  It wasn’t a complete suicide mission, but at least a third of them wouldn’t be coming back alive.  When the unit commander objected and pointed out they would lose more men in the “rescue” than they could possibly save he was told only that Mitra would provide a path.  When the time came to enact the plan, Aesa’s unit had already scattered to the wind.

She made it south for a while, learning while she moved that the rescue had been attempted anyway, to disastrous results.  Not only had they failed the rescue, but half of the force had been caught in a bugbear ambush from the east and slaughtered.  Aesa couldn’t argue that her unit’s involvement would have reduced the blow, but she felt nothing but scorn for the fools.  Apparently the all powerful Mitra had been busy elsewhere.

The younger paladin, she would soon learn, had survived and loudly blamed the deserters for the death of his brother and pledged to hunt them down.  That is why she was here, why she and Kale had met up on that rainy day, why she had watched his cursed glowing mace crush Kale’s skull.  The holy energy the paladin had unleashed on her had burned through her body and knocked her back.  Proof, he declared as he watched his men surround her to finish the job.  Proof of her vile nature.  The last thing she remembered before blacking out was his smile.

Aesa opened her eyes in the darkness.  Her arms were sore beyond belief, but her muscles were still warm and fully functional.  She wasn’t dead yet.  A savage smile graced her lips as she muttered.  “Sanctimonious bastard, you should have killed me when you had the chance.  I'm going to rip your beating heart out of your chest, and you'll last just long enough to watch it stop beating in my hand.”

Question for Loki, will we be using character sheets on the D20 site, or managing them ourselves?

Carlissa

Quote from: Sol Lua on October 07, 2014, 05:05:34 PM
Just my two cents, but if you want to ride into a sea of enemies on a terrifying steed for blood and glory, then do that. 

I'd love to have someone else on the front line, and fun>character optimization.  Besides, we can probably work together to do all kinds of nasty things to our enemies.  [insert sinister laughter here]
You're a brawler, right? You could always beat our opponent's face in while my tyranno crushes his/her ribs and spine. Or maybe throw an opponent towards my tyranno and he can hit him with his tail, sending him flying into other opponents... kinda like baseball... yeah, we'll make a game out of it. :P

Quote from: Vekseid on October 07, 2014, 05:35:27 PM
Pretty sure this is exactly what will happen in most scenarios.

For the love of all that is unholy, doooo iiiiit.

I would go with my original stat breakdown:

Strength 20
Dexterity 14
Constitution 17
Intelligence 8
Wisdom 9
Charisma 15

Would recommend Power Attack and Mounted Combat as your first feats. You may want to look at the emissary archetype also. You'll give up some buffs in exchange for being a bit more mobile (am pretty sure Erratic Charge (Ex) replaces Master Tactician, not Supreme Charge) and a bunch of appropriate bonus feats. Since it gives you Mounted Combat for free, I would recommend Power Attack and furious Focus as your first two feats if you went that route.
So... how many archetypes is a character allowed to have?

Jeez, keeping track of feats and such is harder than I thought.  :-\

QuoteShould have listed your dream goal first, then I wouldn't have wasted time with this silly tangent. :-p
I wouldn't say it was a waste of time... You were just trying to help me. That's more than what a lot of people would bother doing. I appreciate all that you're going to help.

Sol Lua

Quote from: Carlissa on October 07, 2014, 09:03:59 PM
You're a brawler, right? You could always beat our opponent's face in while my tyranno crushes his/her ribs and spine. Or maybe throw an opponent towards my tyranno and he can hit him with his tail, sending him flying into other opponents... kinda like baseball... yeah, we'll make a game out of it. :P

Just one archetype.  The Archetypes are essentially customization options, they replace some of your class abilities with others so that you can have what you want without a bunch of extras.  If you're going through them, I suggest just reading the description and decide if that sounds right for your character.  That's what I do, and I know most of the feats already  :P

Emissary (Archetype)

Cavaliers serve many roles on the battlefield, from bold leaders and shock troops to dashing knights and mounted juggernauts. Some cavaliers, however, focus more on speed and mobility than they do on the raw power of the mounted charge. On foot or in the saddle, the emissary is usually first to meet the enemy, with a pointed lance, a drawn sword, or terms for surrender.

Emissary gives you better speed, but you sacrifice heavy armour (screw you auto correct, I'm Canadian and armour has a u in it) and the Tactician ability.

Tactician could actually be rather twisted too.  You give us both teamwork, I pick up some other specific combat feats, we surround something, and it becomes a fine red mist.

The main thing is, go with what you understand and what you think you'll enjoy, don't worry about making a perfect character.  It can be a lot of fun to figure out the best builds, but we're often talking about the difference between an olympic gold medalist and an olympic 4th place.  Yeah they may not get the gold, but they still run a hell of a lot faster than almost everyone.  Not taking a certain archetype isn't going to take your character from awesome to useless, especially with your stats.  If in doubt, the standard class is standard for a reason, it won't let you down.

Latooni Subota

Urp, I'm really sorry to do this too, but I won't be able to attend. One of my IRL campaigns got switched to Thursday night, so things have become super awkward.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Vekseid

I wouldn't say it was a waste of time... You were just trying to help me. That's more than what a lot of people would bother doing. I appreciate all that you're going to help.

You can take multiple archetypes so long as they replace different abilities. In most cases, they'll conflict, but Beast Rider and Emissary do not.

May want to just stick with beast rider for now. Using downtime rules, you can train into/out of archetypes (though it takes a long while).

First session will probably go over a few basics of what those feats do and such. : )

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 07, 2014, 09:42:26 PM
Urp, I'm really sorry to do this too, but I won't be able to attend. One of my IRL campaigns got switched to Thursday night, so things have become super awkward.

Booo : (

Would you be willing to pm me your schedule otherwise?

Foxfyr

I wouldn't worry about it, the most meticulous part of D&D is character sheet building; once that is done things become a lot more streamlined and there is a lot less you need to keep track of or dig for.

Latooni Subota

Don't change everything just for me. You guys have a timeslot that seems to work, so roll with it. I'll join the next game. Or something. :x

(tbh I wasn't too confident in my ability to be evil AND constructive anyways.)
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Carlissa

Quote from: Sol Lua on October 07, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
Just one archetype.

Quote from: Vekseid on October 07, 2014, 11:38:53 PM
You can take multiple archetypes so long as they replace different abilities.
:-\

QuoteMay want to just stick with beast rider for now. Using downtime rules, you can train into/out of archetypes (though it takes a long while).
Yeah, I think this is the best course of action for me.

Quote from: Loki Aesir on October 08, 2014, 08:22:26 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, the most meticulous part of D&D is character sheet building; once that is done things become a lot more streamlined and there is a lot less you need to keep track of or dig for.
Speaking of this, I need to get my sheet in before we start tomorrow. I've been so busy studying for tests and Pathfinder that I've been neglecting my character sheet!

I should probably also make an account on the website that'll be hosting the game too...

Foxfyr

I think tomorrow is mostly going to be setup anyways. It seems I've come down with a cold on top of waking up on Friday for a long road trip. So feel free to prioritize your studying and what still needs to be done with your character sheet could be done with live chat help.

Vekseid

With Latooni backing out, should we see about starting earlier?

Quote from: Carlissa on October 08, 2014, 01:31:48 PM
:-\

It's not something that comes up often, but it looks like the cavalier archetypes were built for combos, as opposed to most other classes.

Yeah, I think this is the best course of action for me.
Speaking of this, I need to get my sheet in before we start tomorrow. I've been so busy studying for tests and Pathfinder that I've been neglecting my character sheet!

For your feats: Mounted Combat lets you make ride checks to protect your mount once per round when they are attacked. Power Attack lets you reduce your to-hit bonus in exchange for doing increased damage. They are two very important feats for you.

For your bonus teamwork feat: Precise strike

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/traits.html

You get to pick one additional trait (in addition to your crime), and optionally you can take a second trait from this list if you pick a drawback.

I highly recommend grabbing Eyes and Ears of the City (Lawful Neutral, great if you were a sentinel of some sort) or Seeker so you can get Perception as a class skill.

You have six skill points. You can only put one point into a skill at level one, so you are basically choosing six things to be good at.

Bluff (Cha)
Climb (Str)
Craft (Int)
Diplomacy (Cha)
Handle Animal (Cha)
Intimidate (Cha)
Profession (Wis)
Ride (Dex)
Sense Motive (Wis)
Swim (Str)

Are your default class skills.

Order of the Lion adds  Knowledge (local) (Int) and Knowledge (nobility) (Int)

If you take Seeker or Eyes and Ears of the City as a trait, you get Perception (Wis) as well.

Perception and Ride are your 'must have' skills. Should put a point into each. Perception helps prevent being surprised, Ride is what you're going to be doing a lot >_> Plus it helps protect your mount.

Intimidate, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, and Bluff all benefit from your higher charisma score. You'll get a lot of use out of Diplomacy and Intimidate both. Later on you can do mass intimidate checks with your mount using a feat, so it could go pretty much as you described >_>

Climb and Swim benefit from your strength, these tend to see a lot of use at low levels in my experience.

Profession and Craft are group skills, so you could pick Profession (Soldier), and it would be a single skill. For you, these would probably be more flavor oriented. I tend to wait a few levels to pick up rp-purposed skills, personally. Knowledge (local and nobility) are somewhat similar in this regard.

Sense Motive checks if people are telling the truth.

My suggestion would be to pick Ride, Perception, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Swim and Climb. But it'd be no problem to swap out any or all of the last four.

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2014, 02:42:20 PM
With Latooni backing out, should we see about starting earlier?
How earlier? 8pm is fine for me, but any earlier than that and I may miss the beginning of the campaign.

QuoteYou get to pick one additional trait (in addition to your crime), and optionally you can take a second trait from this list if you pick a drawback.

I highly recommend grabbing Eyes and Ears of the City (Lawful Neutral, great if you were a sentinel of some sort) or Seeker so you can get Perception as a class skill.
So we get two traits at the start of the game, or three with one drawback... And there are no restrictions or prerequisites to traits, right? Unless specifically noted?

As for my crime, I'm thinking of either Attempted Murder or Dueling Unto Death. If I choose the latter, would that Fortitude point be shared with my mount?

QuoteIntimidate, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, and Bluff all benefit from your higher charisma score. You'll get a lot of use out of Diplomacy and Intimidate both. Later on you can do mass intimidate checks with your mount using a feat, so it could go pretty much as you described >_>
Do I even need Handle Animal if I''m going to be a Beast Rider? Doesn't Beast Rider already make my mounts combat trained? Or do I still need to teach it how to attack and stuff regardless?

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 08, 2014, 05:11:13 PM
How earlier? 8pm is fine for me, but any earlier than that and I may miss the beginning of the campaign.

Ah right. : /

May just want to make a point of gathering earlier (7-7:30) so we can start at 8 : )

So we get two traits at the start of the game, or three with one drawback... And there are no restrictions or prerequisites to traits, right? Unless specifically noted?

As for my crime, I'm thinking of either Attempted Murder or Dueling Unto Death. If I choose the latter, would that Fortitude point be shared with my mount?

Your crime is one of your traits, so it's basically crime+1, or crime+drawback+2. I picked Hedonist for a drawback, naturally >_>

And no. We'll go over your mount when you can actually get one back (since we start imprisoned with nothing). It will be able to get its own perks, though, because of your Beast Rider archetype.

Do I even need Handle Animal if I''m going to be a Beast Rider? Doesn't Beast Rider already make my mounts combat trained? Or do I still need to teach it how to attack and stuff regardless?

Your mount is likely to end up intelligent, after a fashion, so you likely won't need it, no.

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2014, 07:33:06 PM
Ah right. : /

May just want to make a point of gathering earlier (7-7:30) so we can start at 8 : )
W-well if you guys want to start earlier, you don't need to wait for little ol' me...

QuoteYour crime is one of your traits, so it's basically crime+1, or crime+drawback+2. I picked Hedonist for a drawback, naturally >_>

And no. We'll go over your mount when you can actually get one back (since we start imprisoned with nothing). It will be able to get its own perks, though, because of your Beast Rider archetype.
Okay. So I guess I should go with Attempted Murder to help with my Intimidation checks?

QuoteYour mount is likely to end up intelligent, after a fashion, so you likely won't need it, no.
Okay. So I guess that's one less thing to worry about. :)

I'm working on my backstory now. I was planning on my character being part of a house. Should I use one of the pre-existing ones or make one up myself?

Foxfyr

You can go with either option, whichever you find most appealing.

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 08, 2014, 08:10:48 PM
W-well if you guys want to start earlier, you don't need to wait for little ol' me...

In my experience, people getting together always begins with kibitzing. >_> So getting some of that out of the way can be handy :-p

Okay. So I guess I should go with Attempted Murder to help with my Intimidation checks?

Mechanically the most useful to you would be one that boosts your will save (High treason). Your intimidate is already going to start pretty high, and later on will likely be ridiculous. On the other hand, Fort and Will saving throws stop Nasty Stuff.

Okay. So I guess that's one less thing to worry about. :)

I'm working on my backstory now. I was planning on my character being part of a house. Should I use one of the pre-existing ones or make one up myself?

Meliai and I have made up several for our backgrounds. : )

Carlissa

Quote from: Vekseid on October 08, 2014, 08:40:19 PM
Mechanically the most useful to you would be one that boosts your will save (High treason). Your intimidate is already going to start pretty high, and later on will likely be ridiculous. On the other hand, Fort and Will saving throws stop Nasty Stuff.
I would probably need will bonuses because of my low wisdom, right?

Quote from: Loki Aesir on October 08, 2014, 08:28:35 PM
You can go with either option, whichever you find most appealing.
QuoteMeliai and I have made up several for our backgrounds. : )
I see. Then I'll guess I'll make my own so I don't interfere with the already-established houses.

Vekseid

Quote from: Carlissa on October 08, 2014, 08:50:41 PM
I would probably need will bonuses because of my low wisdom, right?
I see. Then I'll guess I'll make my own so I don't interfere with the already-established houses.

Is why I do it.

Will bonuses will be handy for you, yes. : )