Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haztur

Clarice hugs Jason first then she goes to Shauna "thanks for keeping this goof for nothing safe. Well at least the CIa gave ma  decent training and I am no part of the Hunters themselves, but I suppose my boss won't like to not have his personal oracle." Clarice says smaling then she looks toward Vince "and what s your story?"
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Mine's a bit more unusual," he said, grinning. "You see, unlike my sister technically I don't have any powers of my own. All my powers come from this," he said, pointing to the ring he was wearing. "I don't know how it works, neither does the CIA. In fact the only person I'm certain knew how it worked was our grandfather and he's been dead for at least fifteen years. When I realised they wanted to get their hands on the ring it became obvious that staying around my sister would put her life at risk and so, for her own safety, I made it look like I'd died in a car accident."

"In case they tried to force me to tell them where you were?" Myra asked.

"Exactly," Vince replied. "For a few years I stayed well hidden until I rescued one of the Underground's inner circle from a CIA attack. When they saw my abilities they said they could use someone with my skillset to help them and so I've been one of their agents ever since. As for the mask...well, its partly so that they don't realise who I really am, but also I was once told that when the great battle came it would help us in some way, unfortunately either no-one knows how or they just don't want to tell me the answer."

Haztur

Clarice grabs Myra's hand again "everything sound so complicated and full of enigmas, and we are no closer to have the truth at hand." Clarice sights, and then smiles "at least we are toguether again, but things are becoming more dangerous and the game is becoming more serious, we need to get or answers before we all become endangered, anyway... when the things from Titan arrive there will be only 1 thing to do."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We have to deal with the Hunters," Milo said, grimacing. "As long as they're active they're a threat to us."

"If we could recruit Morph and Tempest to help us then it'd help us," Riley said, deep in thought. "We need a way of getting them out of that HQ without dragging Breaker and Enigma out with them. Anyone got any suggestions?"

Haztur

well, we could make a few appearances in fiderent places, quite public as to force the 4 of them to leave the HQ, then we can try to teleport the ones that would be meet by Enigma and Breaker before they do..." Clarice says thinking "we can comunicate by distance, also we can get some equipment from Cypher to let us see what they see in  the computers... its what we do when I direct an operation, I see what is going to happen before it does and I give instructins for them to change that, in this case Myra could teleport to them and bring them out of the fire when I know they would be engaging them, I believe I can extend it a few minutes beyond the usual 3... but that will be our best shot. Also I can keep the other teams in the know if this 2 tangos apprach their actual targets."

"What do you think?" Clarice says seriously.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I'm still in the CIA system so I can find out who goes where," Torrance said. "That way if they make a move then you'll have warning in advance. With Myra's teleporting powers we can change our plan quicker than they can. Your plan should work Clarice," he said to her, smiling.

"We need to prepare in case Tom makes an unexpected appearance," Cypher said, grimacing.

"Leave him to me if he does appear," Myra replied. "No offence Vince but I'm not sure even you could handle him."

"So we have a plan then?" Cypher said, the others nodding.

Haztur

"Excellent, well now we just need to divide itn in teams to make sure we can cause enough problems to make them appear but not enough for them to send Tom." Clarice says as she gets her earset and readies herself to work along with Torrence.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I think I know how," Milo said, walking over to the laptop and pointing to a series of pylons dotted across the country. "We don't have to destroy them but if we do enough damage to disrupt them the CIA will have to respond. They're supposed to be an old Cold War radar system but they're still in use."

Haztur

Clarice smiles to Milo. "It sounds like a plan and it will keep civilians out of the way. Everyone lets take some rest and tomorrow we can do these, or do you prefer to have them confused first about Scythe?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Better to rest first," Cypher replied. "If we're not fully fit we could be in serious trouble. Tempest and Morph may not be as powerful as Enigma is but you underestimate their powers at your own peril."

"There'll be too busy trying to figure out where Scythe is anyway," Torrance said. "It'll buy us time, they won't be expecting an attack on the pylons so its not like they're going to increase the security."

"Plus I need to prepare my sleeping dust," Myra said, smiling. "I don't think we should kill the ordinary soldiers guarding these things unless we absolutely have to."

Haztur

Clarice nods "it would be for the best and it give us more time to plan. Besides some of us had a rough day, found dead siblings were alive and some even discover that the world is about to end if we don't do something... so yes, some time to plan this the right way is very welcome." Clarice says still hanging from both Myra's and Jason's arms.

Again Clarice nods to Myra's comment "aye, no killing innocents either."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Me and Cypher will try and think of a plan," Vince said. "We can survive on far less sleep than the rest of you can, plus we've been doing this longer, we probably know more of the CIA tricks than the rest of you do."

"Okay," Myra replied. "Guess we'll have to all find somewhere to bunk down for the night. Give us a shout if something happens though."

Vince nodde, taking his cloak off and wrapping it around Clarice.

"Its almost as wam as a bedcover so you should sleep well in that," he said. Now that his clothes beneath the cloak were revealed he was shown to be wearing a rather battered tunic and a pair of jeans which had a hole at either knee.

"Geez, Vince," Myra said, ruffling his hair. "When this is over we really need to get you some new clothes."

Haztur

Clarice nods "Thanks Vince," and then watching at Vince clothes "oh this will be a long parade as we get you something better." It was a promise of times to come before she took Myra's hand and guided her to somewhere to rest, she had thought for a moment of returning to her apartment, but she knew there would not be rest there, besides with her brother this close and Vince for Myra, she knew non of them would be going far any time soon.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Milo poked his head round the door before they went to bed.

"Vince wanted you to have this Myra," he said, handing a small necklace to her. "He tells me he borrowed it the day he left so he should probably give it back to you now."

"Thankyou Milo," Myra said, sitting on the bed next to Clarice and opening the locket. It contained the pictures of a young man and woman, who looked quite similar to Myra and Vince but slightly older. "Our parents," she said. "Vince remembers them more than I do, always told me I had my mother's eyes," she said, smiling but wiping a tear away. "I thought they'd freak out when they discovered...what I am, but they told me they didn't care what powers I had I was always their daughter." She shivered. "I've never admitted it to anyone but I still miss them, even now."

Haztur

Clarice embraces Myra as she looks at her parents photos "well they surely loved you a lot." Said Clarice embrasing her lover, It was kind of him retuning t, I suppose you two needed to remember them.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"You're right," she saidm leaning her head on Clarice's shoulder. "He became me and Jake's guardian when they died. I tried to get him to tell me what had happened but...he said my life would be better if I didn't know the truth, I think what he saw still effects him, he gets a haunted look that crosses his face occasionally." She smiled. "I was a little kid when my powers first appeared, saw my pet cat falling out of a tree and...I don't even know how I did it, but somehow I managed to stop him just above the ground. Vince once told me it was a good thing only he and my mother saw it happen cos they didn't know how they'd have explained it to the neighbours." She reached for the necklace round her neck and opened it, revealing a picture of her and a boy who looked barely fifteen. "Jake, my other brother. Its a pity you never got to meet him, I think you'd have been friends instantly. Had a knack for making everyone in a room fall around laughing, sometimes for no reason at all."

Haztur

Clarice embraces Myra "its areally lovely family hon" with a hand over her heart "they are still living here" and the kissing her forehead "and here" so it doesn't matter how long it passes they will always be with you."

Then Clarice laughts "ok at least you sw your powers clearly, you know how confusing is to keep living in an eternal deja vi when you are young?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Considering how weird being able to make things appear out of thin air just by thinking about them I can imagine its pretty freaky," she said, smiling. "Anyway, we should sleep, we need to be ready for tomorrow, I don't know when we're next going to be able to get a decent night's sleep."

They could see Shauna walking past the doorway, a glass of water in her hands. She smiled as she headed past to a room further down the hallway from them.

Haztur

Clarice giffles "ok, yes that sounds kinda freaking, but at least you had physical evidency, I was afraid they would call me crazy, but you are right, time to rest." Clarice laid besides Myra and  said good night to Shauna when she passed along .
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

She snuggled under her brother's cloak with Clarice, falling asleep quickly after having not slept well.

She got up before Clarice the next morning, tucking the cloak round Clarice and heading downstairs. Cypher and Vince were sleeping in chairs at the front of the cafe. Milo was awake already though, a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and his spear in the other, the impressive dragon tattoo covering most of his right arms just visible where his short sleeved shirt ended.

"They've already worked out the plan," Milo said, smiling as he nodded to the two sleeping figures. "They were asleep when I came down but there are notes all over the place. They've called in a bit of help from the Underground too."

"Good to hear," Myra said, walking over to the window. "We don't number anywhere near enough to take these pylons out by ourself. How's the wife?"

"How did you..." he began to ask before he realised he had a large diamond ring on his right hand, laughing at his own forgetfullness. "She's okay, I've made sure she's somewhere safe and out of the way, just in case something happens to me."

Haztur

(actually the diamon rings are for fiances, but the gold band for both partners in the marriage)

Clarice awakens not so much after Myra and after clearing her sight goes down looking for her still covering herself with Vince's cloak and sits in the stair listening, its good to ehar they will have reinforcements, still... this is becoming too serious, she would love to find a away to make this work without so much damage... and then she remember she still works for the CIA and she is supposed to be soon in the office so she goes to prepare herself if she wants to get some serious intell she needs to keep appearances.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Hey, did you sleep well?" Shauna asked as she sat next to her on the stairs, rubbing sleep from her eyes.  "You wouldn't believe how much your brother snores, I've never quite got used to it and I've known him for nearly seven years." She could hear Cypher and Vince waking up next door and stood up to join them. "I'll go make us some coffee, the guys will probably forget if we leave them to do it," she said, laughing. She walked down the stairs, dressed in a tight little miniskirt which showed off a wonderfully curved ass. She would never admit it, certainly not in front of the guys, but she was dressed like that more for the girls than the guys.

Myra was just finishing off the last pouch of sleeping dust as Shauna entered, Milo and Cypher deep in conversation while Vince made everyone some breakfast.

"We owe you Shauna," Myra said with a smile. "The CIA are looking for us but your static powers are ensuring they can't even get close to finding us."

"Just doing my job," Shauna replied, laughing.

Haztur

Clarice giggles "actually very well, and I do believe you, we had the same room for years! and poor you, fortunatelly I learned that there are three things one must wake: gunshots, my mother saying its already late for school and steps in the middle of the night, you wouldn't believe how late he arrived from some parties back then." Clarice says smiling and embracing Shauna with an arm, "nad by the way that looks wonderful on you" says Clarice noticing shauna's mini-skirt.

After having something for breakfast Clarice went to prepare herself to work "well anyway I need to be on the Hq, that way we will see how they are moving, but I will need to be silent all the time, and no worry I believe I can escape before they can catch me if everything came to worst." Clarice hugs and kisses Myra after saying that. "Shauna take care of my good-for-nothing-brother until I am back, ok?"
-Mark Twain

Dragunov

staggers out onto the street covered in his own blood. he drops to the ground and pass out forgetting every single memory hes ever had. he thinks. its the end.

Lady Jenn

"Okay," Myra said, while inwardly not wanting her to go she suspected she couldn't stop her. "Just be careful, and if you're in danger I can teleport you out in an instant. We'll leave the attack till you're back, otherwise we might risk blowing your cover."

"We'll be fine," Shauna said. "If we think we've been discovered we'll move and make sure we tell you."