Cellphone charger - dangerous?

Started by Beorning, October 28, 2012, 03:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Here's what happened to me a moment ago:

I was trying to charge up my cellphone's battery with its charger. As I was plugging everything in, the charger's cable (the one that connect the charger to the cellphone, not the one that connects the charger to the electrical socket in the wall) slipped and I nearly touched the cable's metal end. The charger was already plugged into the socket... So: was it a dangerous thing to happen? Could I be electrocuted by touching this cable? The charger's output is 5 V / 450 mA...

Oniya

You'd have to make contact with the little wires inside the metal part as well as the outside metal part, and somehow have that current cross your heart.  That would take deliberate effort, not the sort of thing that could possibly happen by casual contact.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17