Seeking RPG Game Table Top/Any

Started by Aikochan, June 20, 2011, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 11:49:21 PM
ok, favored, you'd want dodge, and some weapon skill. then you got 3 others....

If you want social.. You'd want pressence and performance as favored..

and 1 other. take your pick

:) Thats the problem, I'm not sure where to find these in the book. I flipped through the pages but I'm not sure what pages to look at....

Really sorry, as I said, I've never made a char for this game before.

Aikochan

I know and I am trying to help you dearie. Ok ok.. stop and slow down hahaha... What are you looking for so I can tell you what page to look. If you want go to the traits section after character creation. You will find a list of the attribute, skills, backgrounds, virtures, and charms.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 23, 2011, 12:00:59 AM
I know and I am trying to help you dearie. Ok ok.. stop and slow down hahaha... What are you looking for so I can tell you what page to look. If you want go to the traits section after character creation. You will find a list of the attribute, skills, backgrounds, virtures, and charms.

Okay, on page 74 it says, under abilities, "Exalted have an affinity with certain skills beyond their Caste abilities, called favored abilities. Select five of these."

So, where do I find those five?

That same page and section also says that you get 18 extra points to use. What do I use them on? I assume I can use one of those 18 to raise Occult?

Aikochan

ok you pick an ability, and it counts as a favored, what it means is its cheaper for you to raise skill dice from that skill. :)

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 23, 2011, 12:21:05 AM
ok you pick an ability, and it counts as a favored, what it means is its cheaper for you to raise skill dice from that skill. :)

Okies, and where do I find a list of these abilities? *Hides!*

Aikochan

under abilities you pick 5 abilites..

and just mark them as your favoritel

-------------------------
Ok dear stop now. Before you go any further

answer this question..

What do you want to? What do you want to be? How do you want to look when you are doing it?

example
I want to take over a kingdom, I want to be a twilight, that is social abilities, and socerery., I want to look like thi robed figure that goes out and cast spells and talk to people amd convince them I am right and that you should help me! :)

Aikochan

kuje how is it going with the exalted stuff?

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 12:55:53 AM
kuje how is it going with the exalted stuff?

I didn't get to it today, was a busy day. I might have it complete by morrow or the weekend.

Aikochan

okie day. *smiles* take your time I was just wondering.

Kuje

Okay, I think I'm almost done with this, I hope. :)

I was looking at Charms and what does it mean when it says Any ---- Excellency? Take the Lore charms for example, it says Any two Lore Excellencies under Harmonious Academic Methodology, on page 215.

Also, I'm wondering how do I purchase gear/items?

New revised sheet is below

"Name: Elispar Concept: Traveling healer/scholar/shaman Caste: Twilight
Build: Height: 5' 2” Weight: 145 Languages: 
Anima:
Strength: 2   Charisma: 4       Perception: 3
Dexterity: 2  Manipulation: 2   Intelligence: 5
Stamina: 3    Appearance: 3     Wits: 3

Investigation: 2
Lore: 4
Medicine: 4
Occult: 4
Martial Arts: 3
Dodge: 2
Awareness: 3
Survival: 3
Resistance: 2

10 charms, five from Caste or favored.

Compassion Virtue: 4
Conviction Virtue: 1
Temperance Virtue: 3
Valor Virtue: 1

Compassionate Matyrdom Flaw
Contempt of the Virtuous Flaw

Willpower: 7

Essence: 3
Personal Essence: 16
Peripheral Essence: 37

Appearance: Being short for a male human, it bothered him for years until he became an Exalted. Now, he doesn't mind being so short, it helps people overlook him, making him seem weak. At times, many believed he was actually female because of how short he is, plus his features have a feminine look to them. He added to that image of being weak by wearing robes that drape his short frame and they are bright blue. His blond hair is long and he keeps it bound in a loose braid, which added to his “disguise” of looking like a women.   

History: All that is left of his family is a older sister, who is three years older. They haven't seen each other ever since he became Exalted.

Goals: He is a wandering healer/scholar that desired to learn anything, be it from books, people, or anything else while he used his knowledge, when it's needed, to heal those that he came in contact with, if they needed his skills. He would help however he could, be it using medicine, occult, or investigation skills. He really doesn't have a major goal in mind at this point, except to help mortals and others that might be able to use his skills. Plus, learning everything he possible can from wherever he can."

Aikochan

it means any two excellencies for lore charms are like this

1st Lore Excellency
2nd Lore Excellency
then you can get the charm you want.

Its better to get a base and get some of the charms you want and buy alot of requirement charms first so you don't have to buy crap charms that you won't use with experince so when you get experince you can just buy charms you'll use right away.

Charms have pre-requisites. like top row in black is how many skill dots you need. The bottom row is how much essence you need.

I am looking over char now.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 02:20:44 PM
it means any two excellencies for lore charms are like this

1st Lore Excellency
2nd Lore Excellency
then you can get the charm you want.

Its better to get a base and get some of the charms you want and buy alot of requirement charms first so you don't have to buy crap charms that you won't use with experince so when you get experince you can just buy charms you'll use right away.

Charms have pre-requisites. like top row in black is how many skill dots you need. The bottom row is how much essence you need.

I am looking over char now.

Well, that doesn't answer my question. What are excellencies, is what I meant. :) Or what page(s) are they on so I can learn/figure out what they are.....

Aikochan

Excellencies are charms, you can read them in the charm description in the charms section.

1st Excellency Gives you bonus dice to your rolls to hit.. That applies to lore, and every skill/abiliity also known as Dice Adder.

So say you have a Int 5 and Lore 3.. You could use your 1st lore excellency to add 3 dice to your roll for 3 motes of essence. 1 mote per die.

So say your trying to figure out this ancient tablet.. and you need 5 successes. You'd use your 1st lore excellency to help give you more dice so instead of rolling 8 dice, you now would roll 11 dice. :)

Aikochan

Kuje you need to tell me what your favored are or did you only put skills in your favored? Your almost done. You need merits and flaws. You can take 10 points of flaws and I think it caps at 10 for merits too. You also get 18 freebie points instead of 15.. Umm let me think..

You gotta do your backgrounds and... I think thats it.. Besides Charms.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 05:44:57 PM
Kuje you need to tell me what your favored are or did you only put skills in your favored? Your almost done. You need merits and flaws. You can take 10 points of flaws and I think it caps at 10 for merits too. You also get 18 freebie points instead of 15.. Umm let me think..

You gotta do your backgrounds and... I think thats it.. Besides Charms.

The first five skills should be favored.

Flaws and merits are found, where? Page number?

18 freebie points? What do I use those on?

Backgrounds? The history I wrote wasn't enough?

Aikochan

How you got essence 3 is freebie points basicly its how you buy more stuff than what normal creation gives you.

Backgrounds are not what your character does *smiles* Its like white wolf, you buy allies, contacts, followers, artifacts, etc with them..

I am not sure where the merits and flaws are I forget what book it is. I will find out and let you know dearie when I find it or can ask my friend about it.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 06:01:28 PM
How you got essence 3 is freebie points basicly its how you buy more stuff than what normal creation gives you.

Backgrounds are not what your character does *smiles* Its like white wolf, you buy allies, contacts, followers, artifacts, etc with them..

I am not sure where the merits and flaws are I forget what book it is. I will find out and let you know dearie when I find it or can ask my friend about it.

How'd I get essence three? I used a point to buy one point.

I never played white wolf games, so not sure what you mean by buying allies, etc.

So, uh, do I use some of those 18 points for that?

I'm so struggling with this, not sure what I've been doing.

Aikochan

ok in the character creation is a chart that tells you how much things cost. Essence costs more than one point sweetie. So look at that chart and thats where you have 18 points to play with and how much things costs. Favored skills are 1 point per point, attributes are 4 or 5 points per point, willpower is 1 point per point I believe. Same with virtues but you should only buy 1 point of virtues. Umm.. Essence I think is 7 points per point.. I can't remember the chart off the top of my head so its there to look up...

but on a side note, can you please look at clockwork's topic and please help me with a character there, and explain to clockwork I am really trying to work something out.... cause Apparently I am starting to feel like the bad guy now with what she said and is talking like I am not even around... I am getting upset by this and I am getting upset that no one is really reading what I am saying and is just assuming things... Its bugging me... I am getting ready to just drop out and forget the group I thought we all kewl and everything.. I can't pm or I would send her messages on like help me... and such but I have been saying that in everyone of my posts and trying to get help... but no one is reading it... She is miss understanding me... Can you at least explain this to her if my post still doesn't show her I am not doing what she thought I was doing with behavior of thinking I am approved with my char. I never thought for a second what she is saying.. Ahh well.. Maybe I should just drop out.. then there is no more problems... I will still chat with you and such and help you with exalted. I am just really bummed out right now.. It hurt what she said. Oh well.. If you don't want to I do understand, its not your responibility Kuje. Your a great person :)

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 08:44:23 PM
ok in the character creation is a chart that tells you how much things cost. Essence costs more than one point sweetie. So look at that chart and thats where you have 18 points to play with and how much things costs. Favored skills are 1 point per point, attributes are 4 or 5 points per point, willpower is 1 point per point I believe. Same with virtues but you should only buy 1 point of virtues. Umm.. Essence I think is 7 points per point.. I can't remember the chart off the top of my head so its there to look up...

but on a side note, can you please look at clockwork's topic and please help me with a character there, and explain to clockwork I am really trying to work something out.... cause Apparently I am starting to feel like the bad guy now with what she said and is talking like I am not even around... I am getting upset by this and I am getting upset that no one is really reading what I am saying and is just assuming things... Its bugging me... I am getting ready to just drop out and forget the group I thought we all kewl and everything.. I can't pm or I would send her messages on like help me... and such but I have been saying that in everyone of my posts and trying to get help... but no one is reading it... She is miss understanding me... Can you at least explain this to her if my post still doesn't show her I am not doing what she thought I was doing with behavior of thinking I am approved with my char. I never thought for a second what she is saying.. Ahh well.. Maybe I should just drop out.. then there is no more problems... I will still chat with you and such and help you with exalted. I am just really bummed out right now.. It hurt what she said. Oh well.. If you don't want to I do understand, its not your responibility Kuje. Your a great person :)

Oh, okies, I'll make those revisions now I know what I'm looking for. :)

As for that game, I'm not sure what to do about it. To be honest, I'm so confused on what we're doing in that game, so I've been trying to stay out of the debate. It just seems to become more and more tangled, making it hard for me to figure out what's going on.

Aikochan

Ok make the changes :)

You know thats exactly how I am feeling about it seriously. I explained everything, came up with as many ideas as I could.. I am trying to keep it simple with just listing things I want with the 1,2,3,4 comments but no one is reading it.. sigh... its a mess... so like I said I give up... I just wanted a fun little character to play... and trying to keep it simple.. I even opped for a different idea then what I was trying to get... but anyway thanks though! :)

Aikochan

besides exalted.. are there any other games your interrested in, or any story ideas your interested in?

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 09:05:16 PM
besides exalted.. are there any other games your interrested in, or any story ideas your interested in?

The only game system I know really well is d20 due to D&D and the other d20 settings/rules I have. :) But I've been working on trying to figure out this exalted rule system. I think I'm getting it, slowly.... very slowly. At least I have the basics done, I just have to go back and revise/add a few things.

As for story ideas, I'm pretty much open to anything.

Kuje

I think I have it all done now! I took 7 points of the 18 and used it for that essence, since I messed it up the first time. Then used the rest for skills.

Name: Elispar Concept: Traveling healer/scholar/shaman Caste: Twilight
Build: Height: 5' 2” Weight: 145 Languages: 
Anima:

Strength: 2   Charisma: 4       Perception: 3
Dexterity: 2  Manipulation: 2   Intelligence: 5
Stamina: 3    Appearance: 3     Wits: 3

Investigation: 2
Lore: 4
Medicine: 4
Occult: 4
Martial Arts: 4
Dodge: 3
Awareness: 3
Survival: 4
Resistance: 3

Compassion Virtue: 4
Conviction Virtue: 1
Temperance Virtue: 3
Valor Virtue: 1

Compassionate Matyrdom Flaw
Contempt of the Virtuous Flaw

Willpower: 7
Essence: 3
Personal Essence: 16
Peripheral Essence: 37

Charms:
Judge's Ear
Flawless Diagnosis Technique
Wound-Mending Car Technique
Ailment-Rectifying Method
Spirit Detecting Glance
Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
Thunderclap Rush Attack
Surprise Anticipation Method
Fists of Iron Technique
Sledgehammer Fist Punch

Background: Familiar 3, Artifact 2, Artifact 2.

Items:
Razor Claws
Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers
Fine Clothing

Appearance: Being short for a male human, it bothered him for years until he became an Exalted. Now, he doesn't mind being so short, it helps people overlook him, making him seem weak. At times, many believed he was actually female because of how short he is, plus his features have a feminine look to them. He added to that image of being weak by wearing robes that drape his short frame and they are bright blue. His blond hair is long and he keeps it bound in a loose braid, which added to his “disguise” of looking like a women.   

History: All that is left of his family is a older sister, who is three years older. They haven't seen each other ever since he became Exalted. His familiar is a owl named Talon.

Goals: He is a wandering healer/scholar that desired to learn anything, be it from books, people, or anything else while he used his knowledge, when it's needed, to heal those that he came in contact with, if they needed his skills. He would help however he could, be it using medicine, occult, or investigation skills. He really doesn't have a major goal in mind at this point, except to help mortals and others that might be able to use his skills. Plus, learning everything he possible can from wherever he can.

Aikochan

For your first character, that is really well done :) I will have to sit with you and go over it when I have a bit more time to flush it out and make it better. But your fine clothing should be a 1 dot artifact. Called Silken Armor. Its considered armor.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 24, 2011, 09:50:22 PM
For your first character, that is really well done :) I will have to sit with you and go over it when I have a bit more time to flush it out and make it better. But your fine clothing should be a 1 dot artifact. Called Silken Armor. Its considered armor.

Oh, I was taking what it said on page 364.... On the chart on the left. It's two points.