News:

Main Menu

Cataclysm

Started by Kaxhra, August 21, 2009, 07:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaxhra

So yeah, at the behest of Trieste, I'll start off the newly announced WoW: Cataclysm thread.

So first question.  And be honest.

Did anyone else other than me have a nerdgasm after watching the trailer?

Bayushi

Quote from: Kaxhra on August 21, 2009, 07:45:41 PMDid anyone else other than me have a nerdgasm after watching the trailer?

I'll admit that I did.

They're finally opening up Hyjal!

But hey, they're gonna get my IRL friend back to Alliance! Goblins are joining the Horde, and he HATES the Goblins. Not to mention, his favorite race will be able to go Shaman, the Dwarves.

I'm just annoyed that Goblins will have a racial that should've been an Engineering creation, the ability to access their bank for 1-minute, with a 30-minute cooldown.

Information about Cataclysm at World of Raids

Andy

I gasmed so hard my pants flew off..

EVERYTHING IS JUST SO FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Callie Del Noire

Been looking for the 'classes/races' list... or are they opening ALL races to every class?

Serephino

I'm actually kind of ticked off that they're going to change all the areas.

Bayushi

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 21, 2009, 08:32:08 PMBeen looking for the 'classes/races' list... or are they opening ALL races to every class?

No.

It appears that there will be two new races able to be druids, and a few more races capable of being hunters, etc.

Every race but Draenei is getting a new class or other. I'm looking forward to this, as Dwarves will be getting Shaman. One of my best friends, who plays WoW, only plays Horde, and Shaman is his favorite class. However, his favorite race is Dwarf.

So, this change should make him quite happy, particularly with the faction-change service that's due at about any time now.

Ryven

I like the concept behind what they're doing, but I don't think I can play it again.  After trying it for a week or two once the last expansion came out, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

ZK

Well, the guy who did the 3D design for James Cameron's Avatar is doing the redesign of Azeroth, so it'll be spectacular.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Aestas

When I got home from work my SO informed me that he was leaving me when the expansion came out. (kidding, of course)  When he showed me the teaser, i could see why.  *laughs*

Alexander

Aye. I nerd-gasemed with the best of them... Cataclysm looks like it will make WoW fun for me again.

Callie Del Noire

Of course I'm curious about this 'Titan's path' bit myself ..that and the new skill

Andy

Though.. Cataclysm will make it Impossible for new players to experience the Original wow  :-\ which i also adore
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Diabolus Lupus

Me and my sister are gonna temporarily shift alliances  to the the alliance because of the Worgen, which look cool in my opinion. Not to mention them being druid, which is my favorite class.

I'm also glad that Blizzard finally opened more of the classes. But why not the Tauren Rogue? My sister made a really good argument about this last night: If the gnomes can be tiny bad ass warriors, why can't tauren be big bad ass rogues? Yes, I know that it has to do with the physical stuff, but I still think it'd be cool.

Andy

Hooves, they clop on woodne floors.

Callie Del Noire

Yah that is why Dranei aren't rogues either. :D

Andy

I think that the forskaken should have been pala's instead.. seeing as many of them were paladins before death.

Bayushi

Quote from: Andy on August 24, 2009, 04:24:49 PMI think that the forskaken should have been pala's instead.. seeing as many of them were paladins before death.

They do.

Undead Paladins are called Death Knights.

Callie Del Noire

http://www.wowwiki.com/Paths_of_the_Titans

And here is where the new profession comes in.. hoo boy.

Rated Battlegrounds
Rated Battlegrounds will be an alternative way to get arena points.
Each week, one of the BG will be the Rated Battleground of the week. Winning in this battleground will improve your rating and give you points. Losing will not lower your rating.
New PvP titles will be added, as your rating progress you will unlock higher titles. If you earned a PvP title you will keep it.
When a Battleground is rated for the week, its normal non-rated version will still be available.
The amount of Arena Points will be limited to prevent grinding.
You will also earn guild level by playing these rated battlegrounds with your guildmates.

Tol'barad
Tol'barad is a mix of Lake Wintergrasp and the Isle of Quel'danas.
Every x hours the Daily Quests of the zone will shutdown and players will fight to capture the control points, the first team to get all of them wins.
The winning team gets access to better daily quests rewarding more gold/better items.

Guild Leveling
Guild experience is earned through multiple ways, players leveling, killing bosses, leveling professions, PvP victories, reputations.
Each guild level rewards you with one talent point, these talents affect the whole guild. The top 20 earners of the guild will contribute to the guild experience for the day.
Some of the guild talents will allow you to remove reagent costs from spell, get increased gold drops, summon your entire raid, rez your entire raid after a wipe, automatically transfer a % of gold dropped by bosses to the guild bank. Guild talents can be reset.
Once your guild reached level 20, the guild experience becomes a currency and let you buy things like mounts, professions plans, banners, potions, rare reagents and guild talent respecs.
Anyone can learn a guild profession recipe, if you leave the guild after learning it you will loose the recipe and it will be transferred back to the guild bank. Guild heirlooms also work the same way and are bound to the guild.

Guild Interface
Guilds will have their own achievements, some of the old achievements might be converted to guild achievements. Some of the achievements are building a legendary item, maxing out every profession, etc ...
A guild news feed will be added, it will shows boss kills, items looted, it will come with different filters to let you find specific information.
You can now check the professions of every members of your guild and check their recipes list to see if they can create an item.
You will also be able to invite other guilds to your guild events through the in-game calendar.

Mastery system
There are too many talents right now and a lot of them are boring and just give passive bonuses. (1% hit bonus, etc ...)
The goal is to make talents more fun and useful, Body and Soul or Juggernaut are a good example.
The old passive bonuses will be automatically added to your character through the Mastery system as you spend more points in a talent tree. Spending a lot of points in Fury will give you extra crit, etc ... this will be implemented for all classes.
Mastery bonuses will lower energy cost, increase your armor penetration, etc ...

Path of the Titans
Character progression slows down drastically at level 80. Players will improve their character through the Path of the Titan by using the new Archeology profession.
Archeology rewards you with "Ancient Glyphs" and give you bonuses reduced damage, reduced stun duration, etc ...
They are NOT inscription glyphs and are totally different, as you progress after level 85 you will earn points to buy more glyphs. They are tied to your talent specialization and cannot be respecced.
You will eventually get all your ancient glyphs, but hardcore players will get them faster. There will be a weekly limit to how fast you can get them.

MisterYada

Day after it comes out (I'm not dumb enough to try and log on the day an expansion comes out again) I'm making my Worgen Warlock. Plus 1% damage to everything will probably make the DoTs ungodly.

Also, I think Azeroth needed a facelift. Deathwing just did what some of us that were a bit bored with the old zones wanted to do. Also, got my Deathwing background from the WoW site... fucking SEXY as hell. Every dragon in the world of Azeroth probably wishes they looked as badass as him.

clover

Heroic Deadmines. That's all that needs to be said!
Ons and Offs
It's as simple as that.

Bayushi

Quote from: clover on August 28, 2009, 09:25:19 PMHeroic Deadmines. That's all that needs to be said!

Indeed!

However, I must admit that I hope they NEVER make a heroic Blackrock Depths. Good god, that instance should be made a 10-man raid, if anything.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Akiko on August 28, 2009, 11:46:09 PM
Indeed!

However, I must admit that I hope they NEVER make a heroic Blackrock Depths. Good god, that instance should be made a 10-man raid, if anything.

Really?

Kyriee my palidin was 1 manning it @ 70

It would so rock as a heroic. :D

Bayushi

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 29, 2009, 12:26:33 AMReally?

Kyriee my palidin was 1 manning it @ 70

It would so rock as a heroic. :D

Not with that many bosses, it wouldn't.

Also, as a stealth class, I have to say one thing. THOSE FUCKING DOGS SUCK!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Akiko on August 29, 2009, 12:30:01 AM
Not with that many bosses, it wouldn't.

Also, as a stealth class, I have to say one thing. THOSE FUCKING DOGS SUCK!

Yeah but I had so fun.. Heroic BRD an some other instances would be so much fun.

Bayushi

I'm not looking forward to Heroic East Stratholme. That place was BALLS at 60. Don't even want to think what it'll be like updated to level 85.