Death To Fantasy (Pathfinder System: Seeking More Players)

Started by Spero, October 25, 2011, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spero

ᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖ

« Death To Fantasy »

ᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗ

ᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖᴖ͡ᴖ

N O T E S

- Seven Character Limit (Two Human Limit: Magic Users Only)
- Start on Lvl 7
- Stranded Pathfinder Character Sheet
- History PMed to GM
- 35,000 Start Gold
- All characters and magic items must be approved by GM

- From the start of the game the Purge has been going on for two weeks.
- Ability Scores: 4d6: Add the three highest, re-roll any ones.

In the year 1253, King Henry III, in an attempt to curry favor with the Catholic Church, for assistance in dealing with growing unrest in Wales, declared an internal Crusade against the supernatural elements of England. Appealing directly to the Pope for aid in his Holy cause, he declared war on the supernatural and non-human elements of England’s population – Elves, Orcs, Dragons, Fae, anything that was not Human; And any human in possession of Magicks, not in service to the Christian God – And began a military genocide, which began as a purge of the major cities, and swiftly spread into the countryside around it.

Prince Llewelyn of Wales, in a bold countermove, declared that any and all Supernaturals were welcome to safe haven in Wales, as long as they were willing to lend themselves to defending it, in the conflict Prince Llewelyn felt was coming. The English army, with assistance from Papal Paladins and Inquisitors, blockaded the border of Wales, while squads of soldiers and Inquisitors roamed the land, seeking out and killing any ‘heretics’ they discovered there.

Wales is the only refuge for the beleagured Supernatural elements of England, regardless of what debts they may feel they owe the Crown and Country. The major cities are the epicenters of these purges, with the Papal-backed Army slowly spreading out from them, and carefully searching out every refuge of the supernatural, before burning them out, one by one, and killing or capturing any ‘heretics’.

Despite the border tension, and the occasional skirmishing, England and Wales are not yet properly at War – King Henry III refuses to declare war without Papal backing, as to do so would expose England to the threat of the French across the channel.

England is balanced precariously between peace and war, and the balance seems to be rapidly shifting, as unusual portents and prophecies begin to come true.

ᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗᴗ͜ᴗ

Characters

- Tank:
- DPS: Loki Aesir Human Mage???
- DPS:
- DPS:
- Healer: Alexandria Character Sheet
- Other:
- Other:

RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Medical Miracle

Wow, this actually seems pretty neat. What section where you thinking of playing this in?

Spero

I was thinking Ex...because their will be a lot of blood and death. Because well...its the humans killing off all the Supernatural and Magic users.
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful

Medical Miracle

Awsome, that works for me, so everyone has to be a magic user, or just he humans?

Spero

Just the humans, because not magic humans would not be hunted.

Snake

So everyone that's human is required to have a level of bard, sorcerer or wizard? nifty do they count against multiclassing penalties? And bummer. dragons can't be played, starting level is too low.

Foxfyr

I must say, the idea of playing a fantasy based d20 game in a semi-historical setting is very interesting.  If possible, I would like to throw my hat into this game as a magus character, though I will need to ponder a bit on the race but I am leaning toward human at this point.

Medical Miracle

Well, I would have liked to play a human Spellslinger, but that would be about 100 years too eary for guns now wouldn't it. :P

Spero

Quote from: Snake on October 25, 2011, 05:55:44 PM
So everyone that's human is required to have a level of bard, sorcerer or wizard? nifty do they count against multiclassing penalties? And bummer. dragons can't be played, starting level is too low.

I would not have allowed a Dragon anyways. But yes Humans have to be magical seeing that a non magical human would not be hunted down by the church.

Spero

Quote from: Medical Miracle on October 25, 2011, 07:32:34 PM
Well, I would have liked to play a human Spellslinger, but that would be about 100 years too eary for guns now wouldn't it. :P

I will allow guns in the game because for the fact they would be seen as "Magical" in that time and thus hunted by the church.

Spero

New Game Note for History Making:

The Purge has been going on for two weeks from start of game.

Foxfyr

Snake

Can I reserve a DPS spot? I've got a char ready I just don't have the notes on him with me but I can have them up tomorrow. an Elven ranger/rogue :3

Medical Miracle

Alright then, I'm working on a Human Spellslinger then.

Mysterica

This looks like a lot of fun, and as much as I normally play some kind of spell caster, I would actually really like to play something different, perhaps a two-weapon warrior elf if it is agreeable.

Katina Tarask

A couple questions.

1) I'm shipping out to boot camp in just under a month, and I'll be out of touch for a couple months before coming back.  Is that alright?

2) Paizo's released its playtest version of race creation rules.  Are they fair game, with approval, under the caveat of not totally abusing the crap out of 'em (because yes, you can do some stupid things with 'em if you want, like getting a race with +10 to a stat of your choice, if you're willing to make some sacrifices).

3) Can we have a point buy?  *Hates rolling stats.*  Failing that, how do you want us to roll?  Honor system?

I am resisting the urge to bring a goblin beast rider cavalier riding a giant slug. :P
Quote from: Snake on October 25, 2011, 05:55:44 PM
"Magic user" does not necessarily mean "spell slinger."  Note that by this point, most classes use magic in some form or another.  Rangers have magic.  Druids and Oracles can be heretics to be hunted (and possibly even Paladins, Inquisitors, and Clerics of not-Yaweh can be), Witches are witches, and many non-casting classes can have overtly supernatural abilities, like a Barbarian who flips out and grows a pair of horns that are on fire to gore people while calling on the spirits of the dead to pummel people she doesn't like.  (Lesser Fiend Totem, Spirit Totem, and Elemental Rage.)  That should be more than heretical enough to be deemed worth eliminating.  Rogues can pick up spell-likes and Monks have a few weird-but-useless magicky things you could take and be murdered over (perhaps a Healing Hands Monk's... well... Healing Hands).  Not sure where the Alchemist falls, though.

To the best of my knowledge, a human "magic user" only really rules out Fighter and Cavalier, and maybe Gunslinger.  And even those can come back in with a trait like Ghost Sight or Magical Talent.

drezdock

TheVillain

Hope not.

Would a Protestant Paladin be alright? Considering a Druid as well.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Callie Del Noire

Meliai

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high folks, the OP hasn't been online in over a week and hasn't posted since mid-November. Still, this is a neat concept so I guess I'll keep my eye on the thread if nothing else.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Shaitan

I'm certainly interested sign me up as the ranger for the party, half elf ranger, mounted archer type on top of the wolf companion, for whenever Oracle Eyes gets back online I'll be happy to roll up a sheet.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)