2017: Mass Exodus (Accepting! GBLTQA Friendly)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, June 11, 2014, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Josietta on June 19, 2014, 07:46:53 AM
I'm sure Sam sees Kitty in the coffee shop every morning!  She's a regular.  Does he serve espresso too or just regular-run of the mill-traditional coffee?

Oh its a full on coffee shop, Latte, Expresso, Cappuccino, Normal coffee, Coffee with milk, Decaf, Anything else not listed.

Including Muffins, pastries, pancakes, etc. All the breakfasty Items! :)

Its the only coffee shop (so far) so it has almost everything needed.

ClockworkShadow

(Hot)

Espresso :P

[Edit] Oh... and then of course, you can get straight, undiluted shots: Solo, Doppio, etc.

(Iced/Hot)

Latté
Brevé
Macchiato
Cappuccino
Americano (espresso/water)
Drip Coffee

(Frozen)

Frappuccino

are the most standard drinks, with some shops taking a creative spin on the above, sometimes, to give them a little more of a marketing edge.

I'm not an Addict, I swear...

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on June 19, 2014, 04:52:55 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
~BASICS~

Character's Name:Samuel Merlot
Nickname: Sam Or Merlot, Everyone in town calls him by one or the other some people don’t even know his full name is Samuel.
Character's Birthdate and Age: 28
Place of Birth: New Brook.
Current Residence: Maple Heights, New Brook

Education: high school, College.
Hobbies: Jogging, Fishing(If he can get a vacation), Collects Antique Coins and stamps.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair:Golden Brown
Eyes:Brown
Height: 6 Feet
Physical Description: Sam is well built but is by no means hulking. He likes to keep in shape and workout. He can often be seen on the streets of new brook at the crack of dawn jogging down the sidewalks. Although he has a built to show off, he rarely wears anything that would show of his physic.

In General he dresses modestly and tries to remain out of the public eye, He walks with his head held high, in at a quick pace. Rarely will you see Sam goofing around he always has something to do in this small town which needs to be done urgently (Uses such chores as excuses too)
Distinguishing Features: none.
Character Model: Ryan Gosling

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:
Loyal: Sam is easily the best friend you can have he is loyal to the end and will have your back no matter what.

Stubborn: If he fails to see sense in something you cannot convince him otherwise he is hard headed.

Level Headed: Running a coffee Joint in a small town with folks of different opinion is no easy Job, It helps that he doesn’t lose his temper.

Family Oriented: He is a quiet guy, although by no means can anyone bully him, he doesn’t like to be the center of attraction.

Organized: Running a coffee shop by himself is no easy task even if he does have a few helpers He likes to be in control of things before they get out of hand.

Trustworthy: Almost everyone in town knows Sam and they don’t think twice before talking to him, he is generally a very approachable guy who usually gives sound advice to most people on their problems.

History:
Sam grew up in a small town and he was without a doubt a small town boy he had little ambition to go to the city even though he had the brains and the looks to make it big, he never considered it. Instead he was more interested in running the family business a small coffee shop in a town which was often ripped apart by hurricanes and disasters. His family had never fled the town or left it in the wake of a disaster and always stood by the people.

He completed his High school in New Brook High, and Left for college for a couple of years besides that small hiatus he has always been a resident of New Brook. His Child hood was a Fairly uneventful one he grew up with most of the other kids around town cycling around the roads and enjoying life as it can be in a small town, Everyone knew his Family not because they had money or power but because they held respect.

Sam’s Father retired only few years ago after a near Fatal Car crash left him paralyzed and on a wheel chair. He now enjoys his retirement with his wife in a small out of town house admiring nature. Despite his best efforts Sam could not convince him to stay in New brook. Leaving him in-charge of coffee Haven, this was the only significant even in his entire life. He has had on and off relationship with girls in town but most of the kids his age left the town after college to never return. Which makes him feel a little disappointed in himself at times.

The Coffee shop his family has been running for a few generations has used a secret Recipe and Supplier which makes them special. And the fact that it is the only coffee shop in town also, makes it a popular spot for breakfast.

Family:
NPCS:
NPC
Father – 64 Owner of Coffee Haven on the deed although has given control of the place to his son Sam, and now enjoys retirement in the middle of nowhere. Comes for visits to New Brook from time to time. He is well respected in the community for his services (Helping rehabilitate people who lost their homes in Katrina).

NPC
Mother – 60 Was born and raised in Newbrook in a small home and lived a fairly modest life. She occasionally helped out in the church and other services provided to the community. Now enjoys retirement with her Husband.

NPCs
Grand Parents:
Sam’s maternal side of family was relatively unknown in the town. His Grandfather was a truck driver, who was rarely in town and his mother lived a fairly small life as a housewife. His aunts and uncles all left newbrook at college age his mother had stayed with her mother and for his father.

Paternal side. Sam’s grandfather had been born and raised in New brook and had inherited the small piece of land and coffee shop which over time Changed its name from Coffee heaven to Coffee Haven. The name it is still being used by. Although Sam is not too fond of the name and plans to change it again. The small family owned place is well known in town much like Missy’s bar and Grill. His Grandmother was a daughter of a farmer from a town far away from new Brook who also supplied the coffee shop with its Coffee.

Sadly none of his Grand Parents are alive.
Player Characters
PCName

Connections: Open.

Likes: Coffee, Chatting, helping people, Working out when he can.
Dislikes: Ignorant people, Scott Campbell (With a passion).
Fears & Phobias: Another Natural clamity, Losing his father
Worst Memory(ies):His Father’s Accident.
Best Memory(ies): Graduation, His first Kiss.
Favorite Animal(s): A Dog Called Buddy that he always keeps around.
O/O's: Same as Player.

Yay another Baby ready for approval... weeee

This one is a good guy, and very social :P so.. take a look.. Pm me for Connections! :)

He looks good! Just change his name. Just cause a lot of people use True Blood as a source of inspiration, doesn't mean I'm going to tolerate blatant rip offs of things like character names :p.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

DarkAngel111

But but...
Sam is so homely.. and welcoming... and Merlot is such a country name....

I can make it Samuel?.... :P

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on June 19, 2014, 09:59:15 AM
But but...
Sam is so homely.. and welcoming... and Merlot is such a country name....

I can make it Samuel?.... :P

With a different last name sure. :p
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

ClockworkShadow

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

\\\ o_o ///

Ok, that is all.

[Edit]

BP, lovely: please let me know when you move me from the Reserved list, and I'll promptly spoiler my Claim post. <3

A/A

o_O

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 19, 2014, 10:12:54 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

\\\ o_o ///

Ok, that is all.

[Edit]

BP, lovely: please let me know when you move me from the Reserved list, and I'll promptly spoiler my Claim post. <3

I just updated the claims list so you should be fine :)

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

Bloodied Porcelain

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

I have officially opened the EVENT Thread for June 5, 2017 for play!
IC: June 5, 2017 (Event)

Please keep in mind that as far as your character knows, no one has gone missing yet. I will be making periodic GM posts as people go about playing a normal day updating odd occurances. You may post at any time during the day, though it is suggested you start with when your character's "day" starts.

ClockworkShadow

Hmm.

<goes to nibble at her PM group, and find out who wants to have some interaction with her on that day>

(That goes for anyone that I haven't talked to directly, too!  PM me if you want my character to have any interaction with yours... even down to a casual, passing, "Hi!") :)

A/A

o_O

Derwaysh

~BASICS~

Character's Name: Damien Martin
Nickname: Damien
Character's Birthdate and Age: March 16, 1983 (34 as June 2017)
Place of Birth: New Brook, LA
Current Residence: Maple Heights

Education: High School
Hobbies: Damien likes to engage in doodling, playing the blues, learning about South East Asia and making BBQ. He’s a self-declared wings connoisseur extraordinaire and believes that for a batch to come out proper, each piece must be dedicated a portion of one’s heart and soul. On occasion when the said batch is complete, Damien would grab a beer and drag a chair out by the yard so he can compose a melody to pay homage to the delicious smelling tendrils that waft across the space. Ever since he was told how the Japanese were responsible not just for Pearl Harbour but for everything that’s gone South the last several decades, Damien started learning more about the region in his spare time. He no longer believes that to be the case, but the man is pretty sensitive about this particular habit and religiously guards it so that others may not see it lest they feel he is but a literate soul instead of a romantic one.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: A deep hazel
Height: 6’3
Physical Description: A lanky build that leans towards wiry and sinewy rather than muscular. Damien still sports his signature ‘rock stair’ mane and tries his best to maintain his persona by engaging in lots of dancing about and performing even when by his lonesome. Damien’s attire leans towards 2005-’10 casual shirts with the denims that allow him the look he’s going for, whilst allowing him to stay comfortable. He may not have the best chiseled figure but then again nobody else to his knowledge could down a few six packs and still manage to boast one flat expanse of a belly.
Distinguishing Features: Signature curly hair
Character Model: Frederico Lima

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:

Carefree. Spontaneous. Thrill seeking: If there ever was a man with wishes that encompassed skydiving on the same night he got drunk, Damien would be that bloke. He spends the entirety of his free time trying to not get bored from the realisms that encompass the regular people. Working a schedule, keeping things real and all the time maintaining friendships with those one cares about, it all accounts to a more secondary status when it comes to him enjoying the time of his life and being someone who enjoys doing it all in its extremities rather than keeping things in moderations. Such efforts do come at a price and plenty a time Damien has been subjected to broken bones and splintered neck aplenty. It did not sully the man’s nature however, if anything it made him ever more ruthless in his pursuit to seek out venues where perhaps he can dominate and live a little, whilst everybody’s trying to simply make do.

Vain. Deep. Abstract: Perhaps courtesy of his artistic bits or courtesy of the fact that he once enjoyed ulterior amounts of fame, Damien can be deep to downright abstract. He reveres philosophies that are abstract on purpose and can never be understood except for those who understand the argument by having studied the aforementioned discipline. The man can be downright vain when it comes to seeking sycophants or simple observers in the small town of New Brook as he constantly tries to furnish a repertoire that is both larger than life and unique. He is deep on occasion, especially when dealing with issues that he had experienced in one capacity or another and that usually allows him an edge oft amiss in other in the said situation.

History: Before the nipping jaws of fame clasped Damien, he grew up in New Brook and had perhaps the most honest memories of his happiness. Time spent here was the one he cherished and found remiss when he was away from home and engaged in the many facets of success that came with being a guitarist for one popular band or another. Damien agrees with the folks even now, how his past molded him into the man he is today. As is the case with many. However in his particular example he did not owe it to a broken family or a strict parent. Truth be told Damien was one of the most loved children and it showed.

He was the only child to Laurel and Martha Damien. They believed in the sanctity of marriage so when Sir Laurel was found buried inside another woman with his breeches still betwixt his legs, Martha decided to do things the old fashioned way. She pointed to Laurel the folly of his ways and when all was said and done, they discovered their matrimonial union was stronger than ever. Jesus was instrumental in their marriage and so were the many pastors they found who provided support on one occasion or another. This did not seem to have as much of a mind boggling effect on Damien as everybody predicted. Instead the boy, then 8, only wondered if such mistakes can be ‘prayed’ away, why not engage in a life of debauchery and ask the good lord for forgiveness eventually?

As time went on and Damien grew up he doubted the existence of god but that still did not negate the feeling of right and wrong he learned that day. No matter how flawed, he still believes in karma and that shaped him into the creative guitarist who indulged in many of the tunes that were considered either old school or unorthodox than what was mainstream at the moment. He found himself an orphan at the age of 17 and left New Brook soon after before his fate could be decided by the powers there were since he still had few months left to turn 18.

Damien traveled a lot and until he was ‘discovered’ he performed as a street busker for a while. When the boy finally ended up joining a band he realized this was it. How reality presently was at par with his dreams and ambitions but unfortunately they were only able to release a single hit before ‘creative differences’ sifted them apart. Damien then proceeded to join another band which had a few hit singles but it followed the same route as his first venture. He noticed a pattern at this point and instead of relying on collective contributions he decided to market himself as a blues guitarist and performed for one band or another so he could set himself up as a trademark.

That made him relatively successful but like all things in life Damien found himself struggling to be able to balance moderation with the rock and roll lifestyle he had. He had a nervous breakdown on stage and soon checked himself into a rehab so he may never touch alcohol again. On his release several months later Damien decided to move back to New Brook where things were simpler and times were better. Here people did not care if he performed the best riffs possible or simply engaged in the music he had produced in his glory days. Sometimes Damien would throw a show or two for the locals, at any particular locality that would have him and that would bring him joy like no other.

Family:
Laurel Martin NPC
Father – Deceased
Laurel Martin may not have been born in New Brook but he embraced the community as his very own. Perhaps a place that fit him akin to a glove rather than the other way around, Laurel found it was in his and the town’s best interest to set up a store called ‘Needful Things’ after the much acclaimed Stephen King book. Unfortunately it did not go too well for Laurel since all he sold were hair gels and make shift tents, none of which were either very useful or needful for that matter. Soon enough the man retired and set up an internet store where he made do with selling cheap knock offs of branded hair gels and make shift tents as these were the two products he knew most about – always making a note how they were the poor man’s substitutes, whilst guaranteeing satisfaction and standing behind his products 100% of the way – and felt comfortable enough selling them. Laurel passed away 17 years ago whilst trying to climb the ladder so they may fix the Dish Network apparatus atop their roof. They never sued anyone and believed how when the time comes for one to depart this world even the best lawyer can’t do anything about it. 

Martha Martin NPC
Mother – Deceased
Martha Martin was both conceived and born in New Brook but she always sought the charms of the outside world. Perchance for Laurel she met him at a baseball game and they both hit it off. Love for Christ? Check. The need to make something of themselves? Check. The absolute urgent desire to make babies? Double check. But unfortunately the couple was only able to conceive one child and they made the most out of that. Playing the role of a dutiful albeit ardent house wife, Martha made certain that young Damien was raised perhaps with some of the best Christian values irrespective of whether or not they stuck with him. Unfortunately for him, she tried to help Laurel one hot summer evening with the ladder and was a victim of an accident that took both her and Laurel’s life, leaving young Damien an orphan at the age of 17.

June Dunn NPC
Cousin
One of Damien’s high school friends and cousins who kept in contact with him even after his parents died and he moved away. She was the best part of New Brook for him and somebody who kept that connection alive even when nothing else made sense. June works as a waitress whenever she can find a position in one of the many establishments of the city and is always contemplating getting a degree so she may move ahead in life, perhaps strike the same lot Damien did when he moved out.

Alex Polanski NPC
Cousin
Polanski Hardware stores were not just a trademark. They were the hallmark of a grand franchise in the grand state of Louisiana. Until the early 1990s when the banks went under and most of the Polanski wealth dried up, at which point the family decided to move to the lovely city of New Brook where it all began and stay there for good. Alex is one of Damien’s distant cousins but that doesn’t make him any less envious how his cousin was able to fight the stigma of family pressures and make something of himself. He often wonders if perhaps key to personal success was the loss of one’s parents or elders in life and usually spends his evenings contemplating on the issue and the various ways of killing several people & making away with it.

Connections: Open to any and all connections.

Likes: Chinese food, the small town feel, being carefree and spontaneous, playing guitar without having to resort to only blues, writing poetry and making new connections with the people in his town.
Dislikes: A fear of guns plague him, abhors violence in all its forms, didactic souls who seem to get away with being more intelligent than him, larger than life personalities that are odds’ end with his own and drugs.
Fears & Phobias: Trees at night time. Heights and a general fear of guns.
Worst Memory(ies): A world tour with three bands. Lots of sex, drugs, rock and roll and hangovers. A journey that was almost never ending and at one point made Damien seriously contemplate the possibility of a suicide to simply end it all so he may not have to suffer or subject himself to the peer pressure of being a rock star.
Best Memory(ies): Biking with a good friend one night when a storm broke out and they sought shelter underneath an oak tree. The conversation they had about love, life, parenting and perhaps things that they have never discussed before i.e. personal issues, puberty, growing up, etc. The next morning this friend moved away and Damien’s not seen him since.
Favorite Animal(s): Elephants
O/O's: (Writer’s O/Os apply.)
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Derwaysh

"Girl ya gotta love your man
Girl ya gotta love your man
Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The world on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man."

;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Chrystal

Riders on the Storm - The Doors.

Classic.

There's a killer on the road
His brain is squirming like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If you give this man a ride
Sweet family will die
Killer on the road

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Asher

I am 100% okay with random PM's.

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kokaine

For those coming in who may want a link to draw them in... I am pimping out my girl Missy for a roommate or two xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Please note that I have added some "upcoming events" items to the second post of the IC-OOC thread.

Bloodied Porcelain

ANNOUNCEMENT

There is a new IC GM Post in the Event Thread. It addresses the following characters/NPCs:

Judy (NPC)
Bethany Renaud
Sheriff Kirkland (NPC)
Mayor Renaud (NPC)
Jawonda Davis (Mentioned)

There is also a new IC post for Sheriff Kirkland that addresses the following:

Bethany Renaud
Mayor Renaud(NPC)
Emile Duhon
Jawonda Davis (Mentioned)
Desiree Renaud (Mentioned)

Bloodied Porcelain

ANNOUNCEMENT

OK, some things to note before I run out the door:

1) I'm shifting the June 5 thread to be a stable-time thread. That means the time will run in blocks and players will only be permitted to RP during that time block (morning, noon, afternoon, etc). It seemed most people were determined to be on the same page time wise anyway, so I might as well just shift it over. Any posts that took place after noon should be shifted to clear things up. As it is I think I already PMed the affected players but if I missed you I'm sorry.

2) Please watch the timeline and ALL posts in the event thread. Just because your character isn't in town square doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention, ESPECIALLY if it's a GM post. There are cues in the GM and NPC posts that let players know where the NPC/Event in question is going. IE: Kirkland's post saying he's headed to the Blue Moon and then to go to the scene where the kid went missing. Keep these in mind. If it stands to reason your character may need to remain where they are physically until I can maneuver an NPC there, please don't go jumping them ahead by 5+ minutes to an entirely different location. I CAN RP around it to come find you, but in order to see to it everyone's character gets their spotlight of chaos in the event thread, I don't want one character's moment to go from 5 posts to 50 because I'm having to chase them around.

3) The event thread is meant to be focused and have a steady flow. Sometimes this means some characters will get to post more and interact more than others, depending upon the situation they have been placed in. If you are bored, please look in to having a scene in the history thread or one of the other upcoming IC threads to fill that time.

4) I have added an additional IC thread for the week leading up to June 5. This thread is basically a free-for-all sandbox for you to explore your character's day-to-day interactions with each other. It can be found here.

icecradle

You're still accepting?

I'm looking for a new group game to play in after the one I was involved in died. x.x

Had a look through the information and accepted characters and am thinking of playing a fairly young technically closeted (as in denies it venomously) but quite obviously gay guy just trying to survive and not get beat up too much >> Not sure how well that fits in with the current cast, but I can see potential for him to be an annoyance to some of the other males in the rp.
AA // OO // Requests

Madriv

You're always welcome to annoy (?) my priest. There's a couple of bi guys in the cast who might be up for some annoyance as well.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: icecradle on June 29, 2014, 08:10:50 AM
You're still accepting?

I'm looking for a new group game to play in after the one I was involved in died. x.x

Had a look through the information and accepted characters and am thinking of playing a fairly young technically closeted (as in denies it venomously) but quite obviously gay guy just trying to survive and not get beat up too much >> Not sure how well that fits in with the current cast, but I can see potential for him to be an annoyance to some of the other males in the rp.

You are definitely welcome! I'm actually not entirely sure how many of our male cast are bi (I've let players figure out sexuality issues and scenes amongst themselves as I'm focused primarily on the plot and sex is just a side theme rather than the core of the game), but we accept any and all orientations and identifications. :)

Just keep in mind that I am planning to be realistic about this when it comes to NPCs and how they react to things so there is some likelihood that his leanings wont exactly go over well.