GLADIATOR! (Re-Interest check-Doctore needed!)

Started by bubby, February 26, 2011, 11:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyDiscord

Ah Gannicus, I really like him. Ooo... I wonder who could play a snooty roman official.
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: Primarch on February 28, 2011, 05:54:03 PMIf claiming House Champion is alright, I might PM you adifferenceinsize to perhaps discuss some background and establish a few things. Just to make sure things line up time-wise and what not.
I've got no problem with it. Being essentially Celtic-Irish would fit well with the gladiatrix character, perhaps explaining that a good part of the school's recruits are picked up from slave traders in Gaul popping down to the richer lands of Hispania. With that in mind, I'd wager the school has been established for a few years, and is one of several in the area. The entire gladiatorial scene is still new in that area, and so there's a big influx of interest as the popularity of the spectacle in Rome spreads outward.

bubby

This is looking good. Has it been determined whether the Lanista is old enough for children yet? I ask for PearlRuby's sake, as she wanted the role of daughter as well as a slave. I have no problem with people playing more then one char. HI RYVEN! Nice to see you like my idea..maybe you know some less busy people who'd be interested? *Drools at your avi*...always so fuckin' hawt....gawd..*coughblink* ANYWAY...I also have no problem with adiferenceinsize taking as much over as he can. I -do- have some stuff that will be on the intro page once we have enough people to actually start. Sight pics..weapon info..what adifferenceinsize already has. I'd like to give it to like the end of the week to see if we can recruit more people, then I think we could make a character page? Starting this Friday I'm on a vacation trip for a week, but I should still be able to check in during that time. I'm excited!

Ryven

Why don't you ask Mith about checking to see if anyone wants to join from the war game. :-)

PearlRuby

Quote from: bubby on March 01, 2011, 04:25:06 AM
Has it been determined whether the Lanista is old enough for children yet? I ask for PearlRuby's sake, as she wanted the role of daughter as well as a slave. I have no problem with people playing more then one char.

oh gosh no, I won't play both >.< It would be either/or and on second thought, thanks to a little research I'm not sure if it would even be plausible for a young Roman woman to be (a) still unmarried and (b) still living with her parents in a Ludus of all places. Unless she specifically refrained from marriage in the hope of eventually finding a man who would be wholly interested in the inheritance of the Ludus, provided there isn't a male heir within the family already? Being a lone daughter might of placed her in that difficult situation, especially if the Ludus is seen as a business to be kept solely within the family.

Also, indeed, it heavily depends on how old the Lanista is and whether having a family even suits the character role. Perhaps he is still searching for a wife!?  :P

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

bubby

BAM! Lol..there we go..we'll see!

writersmelody

Depending on the age of the lanista, perhaps the reason she's NOT married is because her family isn't considered wealthy or influential enough to make her a good match. Maybe they have an enemy no one wants to risk offending?

Anyway, I'd be interested in playing a freshly purchased female slave.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

adifferenceinsize

Some good questions thrown my way here; sorry for not jumping on again faster.

I figure Marius would be an older man, probably mid-40s. Given his period in forced labor, however, any children he'd be likely to have would be a bit too young for Elliquiy's use in any of the sexual boards. An exception to this rises, however, should his spouse also come from a slave's background, perhaps having met with him while in bondage in Africa? Barring that, the spouse would be someone he meets after, perhaps in part a connection to get his ludus' seed money. Really, it's mostly a matter of what the player for her would want to have as a back story / personality profile.

bubby

So...we have our Lanista, his maybe wife, (children are out which is fine with me),Gladiatrix(me), our Champion, and 1 possibly 2 slaves. I'm hoping for more Gladiators, and some Romans. Welcome writersmelody! Thank you for the interest, and you're for sure on the list!

AusGre

Hello there, I'd like to apply for a position as a gladiator. Possibly the rising star antagonist to the champion of the lodus, my character would be of greek origin, possibly somebody with Sparta heritage or some other noteworthy city state. who was recently purchased or still in the process of being purchased by the Lanista. Either way would be made up with the role play, I would like for his favored weapon to be the sword & chain, but I am unsure how a lodus works out weaponry and I am not very big on that era of history. I am willing to learn, which is why I figured I'd play somebody from far off, so that I can lean how a lodus works. I have seen Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, but I'm not quite catching on to how it's done.

Michael Corvus

I, too, would like to throw my hat in the ring. I'd be interested in playing a rising star gladiator as well. A slave from Gaul named Cingetorix (Pronounced Sing-uh-TOR-icks) who was captured in Anglesey by Gaius Suetonius Paulinus' army during the Menai Massacre of 60 AD. This would put his capture 2 years before the setting of this story.

Cingetorix was purchased for slave labor by a wealthy nobleman in Salmantica, Lusitania. With the completion of the nobleman's new expansive villa after two years of use, said nobleman sold the older slaves to make rook for fresh, younger slaves to serve his house. At the age of 36, Cingetorix was among those purged.

That's all I got so far aside from the fact that I think I want him to fight in the style of Dimacheri (with two swords instead of a sword and shield.)
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

adifferenceinsize

Sounds like the pair of y'all can fight for that. XD

I was thinking we might start this game somewhat similar to the start of Spartacus with the arrival of some new blood in the ludus making things... interesting. We might instead go for a different start if everyone is a bit established starting out. I think, ironically, I may end up something of a de facto GM because I'll probably be making up rivals for us if nobody else does. lol

writersmelody

Could be interesting if Chiara had once belonged to someone with stakes in the games...

Name:  Chiara

Place of birth: Capua

Physical:  She is in better condition than most slaves, that is for sure. Her form is unmarred by the marks of beatings and she’s not malnourished. The girl is a lovely thing. She is petite, standing at only 5 ft tall, with a slender, nubile body that has filled out very nicely over the past year. Her skin is very fair, save for a fine sprinkling of freckles across the bridge of her pert nose. Her mouth is very sensual, with very full lips that have an enchanting upwards curve at the corners. There is a dimple in her right cheek. She has big almond-shaped blue eyes. Her hair is rather long and is a vibrant shade of red not commonly seen.

Personality: Chiara was born into slavery- she knows her place. She is a dutiful young woman who tries hard to please her masters. Her former owners treated her kindly and she knew the lover of her mother. Beneath the demure front everyone sees is a strong-willed, young intelligent woman who dreams one day of purchasing her freedom. A compassionate girl, she is never without a kind word or smile for anyone who seems like they need it. There is still a lot she has to learn about the world around her, though…

History: Chiara was born into slavery- her mother was a slave and her father is unknown. Her mother was a favored slave of a wealthy Roman noblewoman so the woman and her child often traveled between the family’s villa in Capua (where she was born) and Rome itself.

The woman’s favor extended to the girl- the noblewoman had only sons and longed for a daughter of her own. Her childhood was as pleasant as any slave’s could be. When she was 12, her mother died of an illness and she was unceremoniously thrust into the role of attendant to the Domina. The woman was very demanding and impatient but she tried her best.

She was not spared from other more menial tasks. Chiara learned the tasks of a common household slave as well. The Domina had ceased to spoil her but she did watch over the girl. No one harassed the girl. However, when some wagers her husband had made failed, she was left with no choice but to try and cover the debt however she could. That included selling the villa in Capua, some of her most prized gowns and jewelry… and slaves that could fetch a good price. Chiara was one of those.
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

bubby

Perfect, more gladiators. WELCOME GUYS! and thank you for wanting to join! As for being the 'rising star', since we have our house champion, I'd say -all- other gladiators are rising. Heh. I believe we have enough people now to start a character sheet, which when I figure out exactly -how- ..  ??? ..to do that, I'll post the link here. *Commences wringing hands and cackling at her plan coming to fruition by have adifferenceinsize admit to his GMness* I'm still hoping for some people wanting to be Roman citizens, so we'll give it a bit yet. I'd say we can actually start this game in a bit over a weeks time!

writersmelody

Hopefully mine was okay!

And good luck with that! There are some systems out there that handle combat pretty well- from what I've heard. :P

- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Primarch

If you want a simple character template, this should suffice:

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Position in Ludus/Society:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

PearlRuby

Okie dokie, I've settled on playing the Lanista's socialite wife.
Character profile coming shortly. 'Favourite slave/handmaiden to the Domina' position also more than welcome. Feel free to pm if you want to sort something out around that.

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

LadyDiscord

Wonderful!! More People...I'll get started on my profile too!

I hope noone minds. I'll be taking on the role of a Doctore/ Gladiator trainer (someone's got to whip these boys into shape) and a Slave girl.
✔✦✘

Primarch

Quote from: LadyDiscord on March 02, 2011, 05:19:49 PM
I hope on one minds. I'll be taking on the role of a Doctore/ Gladiator trainer (someone's got to whip these boys into shape)

Hurray 8D

LadyDiscord

^.^

I can't find the picture I wan't. Grrrr...
✔✦✘

Michael Corvus

Neither can I, LadyDiscord.  >:(
The Oath of The Drake

LadyDiscord

I found a real nice picture for my female character, but for the role of Doctore. I want him to look like he's had some 'years' on him, but still young, but old.

Did I just confuse you? ^.^
✔✦✘

Michael Corvus

The Oath of The Drake

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: LadyDiscord on March 02, 2011, 07:36:24 PM
I found a real nice picture for my female character, but for the role of Doctore. I want him to look like he's had some 'years' on him, but still young, but old.

Did I just confuse you? ^.^
So she's a youngish, oldish man, basically? o_O

Quote from: PearlRuby on March 02, 2011, 04:18:09 PM
Okie dokie, I've settled on playing the Lanista's socialite wife.
Character profile coming shortly. 'Favourite slave/handmaiden to the Domina' position also more than welcome. Feel free to pm if you want to sort something out around that.

Sounds good. Curious to see what you bring to the table... feel free to hit me up if you want to work out back story stuff before publication. I'm still WIP with mine, so I can adapt if you throw down first.

Quote from: bubby on March 02, 2011, 12:44:45 PM*Commences wringing hands and cackling at her plan coming to fruition by have adifferenceinsize admit to his GMness*

Just a warning, I'm busy with work during the week, so please don't rely too heavily on me. I figure unless we get some "distinguished competition" showing up, my goal with the lanista will be to keep everyone on their toes and act as the excuse for throwing in NPCs. I invite everyone to bring in NPCs as you see fit; if you want to work out plot ideas so we keep things making sense, I'm totally down. I'll try to have some of the metaplot devised for the weekend (probably Sunday evening).

LadyDiscord

Lol, No. I'm playing both a male AND female character. I 'm trying to find a picture for my male character.
✔✦✘