If I may suggest something..o-o...

Started by Wolfy, July 15, 2010, 08:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Not to impose or anything..but I was wondering if any thought had been given to the..eh...thought of creating sub-boards for off-topic for Anime/Manga and Video Game related talk.

o-o...So..yeah..just putting that out there...*scurries back under his rock*

Lady Annabelle

About a year or so ago, many of the forums were condescended because the Staff believed that there were just too many.  There was a 'Video Game' forum that got moved into the Off Topic one.

So, in the belief of keeping the forums clean and less full of clutter, I think the Staff doesn't want to create too many boards...
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Paladin

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on July 15, 2010, 08:34:04 AM
About a year or so ago, many of the forums were condescended because the Staff believed that there were just too many.  There was a 'Video Game' forum that got moved into the Off Topic one.

So, in the belief of keeping the forums clean and less full of clutter, I think the Staff doesn't want to create too many boards...

I'm gonna agree with this. I think its still too cluttered. I wish we could further collapse down the forms not bu general areas, but by each sub area that we don't want to see poping up that gahastly color.

Paradox

If this happens, then any special interest group could come along and request their own board, which would really fuck things up because they would either be given the board, thus bogging down the layout of the site, or be denied the board, and feel all whiny and pissed off that anime fans got one and they didn't; besides, anime and video games aren't even directly related (aside from anime-based video games).

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Wolfy

Then what about a sub-board for Media in general? o-o *shrugs* Just a suggestion, guys. *flees*

Paradox

That might already go under the one with "Media" in the title:

Art, Media, and Music

QuoteThis forum caters to those artistic abilities not covered by literature.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker