fantasy RP short or longterm looking for 1 or 2 players

Started by Azhdeen, July 31, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azhdeen

I was thinking more of a freeform fantasy RP. I'm willing to work up a background setting and of course it would be PG/PG-13. Fair warning though, I've never worked up a background setting before, or even done a forum RP before. If this mesh and the participante enjoy the RP, and things develop in that direction, I'm thinking there is a possibility of asking to move it to a adult board.

Of course the RP is open to anyone and wouldn't mind setting idea to be tossed around before the RP starts. I would prefer 1-2 characters in addition to my own and I don't care what sex the characters are really.

Lectra

I'll play two characters. Probably one boy and one girl. I can help with the idea as well if you want.

Azhdeen

Thanks for the offer to help with ideas. If I may ask you have a preference for any particular kind of setting?

Lectra

Hmm depends on what kind of fantasy you are looking for. Like worldly or out in space stuff like that. Gotta narrow it down a little bit, but my kind of fantasy is defiantly a Dungeons and dragons feel. Elves, vampires, werewolves, etc.

Azhdeen

I'm open to that kind of setting, but I also like more modern fantasy. Basicly the kind of stories that the world is mostly like what we know, but with fantasy elements in it. Think the Anita Blake stories by Laurell K. Hamilton. As for my kind of role.... well I've never played a nonhuman and if you are will to accept my learning curve I'll give it a shot, otherwise I'll just play a human.

Lectra

That's why I have two characters to make sure that it's not a complete only fantasy. It being modern I like the most. I would probably be a human for one character and the other one being a werewolf probably. If you need me to I can make a Character Profile and you can do the background. For me I don't think it's a good idea to have the entire background down in one post it's good to keep it open for other people to put in their ideas into the story.

Azhdeen

I like that as well, a general idea of setting is good to start with. I just think the details should come up as they are needed. I wouldn't mind seeing your idea for a character.

Lectra

Name: Pyra Lecter
Race: Human
Sex:Female
Personality: Outgoing, will put you in your place if needed.
Appearance: (I always do pictures)

I think it's a good idea to keep the background of your character out so it deepens the story so I'm gonna leave mine out. But there is one thing I'll put she thinks she is a vampire.

Azhdeen

Background setting: The world does have most of the major creatures and beings mentioned in myth and legend, most of the world however does not know this yet. They are starting get more suspicious of things as it gets harder for them explain away the strange and unusual.

Location setting: The location is in a midsized town, that as the feel of small community, near a old forest that has been set aside as a park. The time of year is late summer when the days are getting shorter, but it still gets hot during the day.

if you have any suggestions to add to this feel free to throw them out.

Lectra

I think that sounds awesome. We just need to put it in the roleplay section and it's ready to go. Would you like to wait for more people or get started? Oh and my other character is going to be a dragon. It's going to have a human form, in between form, and a dragon form. Would you like to see that one as well?

Azhdeen

well I've gone on a set up the thread. I've also put my character profile there, so feel free to do the same and start if you want.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=115189.0

Azhdeen

I'll be honest I'm thinking his ancestry is unknown so he might not be pure human