Interest Check - MtG's Tarkir setting for a 3.5 D&D / Pathfinder adventure

Started by LisztesFerenc, August 14, 2015, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

Tarkir - Dragons, Khans, mythic beasts, intrigue, betrayal, defeat, triumph, and more...

Okay, so this is an interest check for a game based on the Magic: the Gathering setting Tarkir I’ve been considering for a while now. The game would use the 3.P system, using material from both D&D 3.5 I’ve changed some of the setting lore, so here’s a brief overview for both fans and people who have never heard of it before:

Tarkir is a fantasy land inspired for the most part by the various cultures of mainland South East Asia. For hundreds of years, the five clans of the region battled five Elder Dragons and their offspring for control of the land. As it currently stands, we see the following layout:

The folk of the Abzan Houses battle with Dromoka the Eternal for control of the Ash Desert, and the cities fight with each other for the honour to grow a seed of the First Tree. So far the cities have needed to unite against three crusades from Dromoka. Each time, the Elder Dragon and her forces have been beaten back, but the victories have all been hard fought. The Salt Roads are another important location, as the trade that happens along them are the lifeblood of the Abzan economy. When not fighting each other or awaiting the dreaded news of a new crusade, the soldiers of the cities are found patrolling these roads, protecting the caravans from bandits and other dangers of the waste. The Abzan worship two things: the trees at the centre of every one of their cities, and the spirits of their ancestors. The two are often linked, as it is a common belief that all spirits will eventually return to the trees.

The Abzan were originally inspired by the Ottoman Empire, but I changed this to give them more of a Sumerian vibe. This faction will offer the most choice for races: human, orc, aven, ainok (hound-folk), even half-breeds and the spirits of ancestors can all be found here. This will also likely be the most “familiar” faction (by the standards of such fantasy worlds in any case), built on the concept of co-operation and diversity that is key to urban life in any age. Playing as a Herald of the Eternal would offer a similar selection of races (minus the spirit and orc option), however the social structure would leaner, and more militaristic.

The Abzan are united/ They celebrate their diversity, fearing isolation above all else.

Arashin, the Champion City of the Abzan Houses                                                                        Dromoka the Eternal surveys her marshaling forces
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the sweltering jungles and slowly oozing swamps, the Sultai Brood build palaces of limestone, monuments to wealth, power and decadence. Once the borsa (snake men) of the region were terrorized by the Elder Dragon Silumgar the Drifting Death, who flew above, raining down acid and venomous bile upon them, threatening to scour the entire land if he was not accepted as their ruler. It may have worked, had the borsa not struck a deal with several tribes of samāna lōka (cat-folk). A magocracy, the samāna lōka were better at magic than the borsa could ever hope to be. Together, they were able to force Silumgar out of the sky, metaphorically (and literally in some accounts) shredding his wings. Since then, he has been known as Silumgar the One Who Crawls.

Freed from the threat of the skies, the alliance between the two people blossomed, and they were able to build up their empire, becoming the trading power of the realm. Now the borsa Shaman-Kings rule the palace towns of the lands, still reliant on the magic aid of the Rakshasa, the rulers of the samāna lōka. What the Sultai Brood lacks in manpower it compensates for with slaves and sibsig, animated dead, enslaved to their creator.  Silumgar still has aspirations of power, but he is a long way from being able to openly challenge anyone, and must use guerrilla warfare with the few followers he has. Since retreating from the skies, his only real victory (at least the only one known about) is kidnapping Tasigur, a past Khan of the Sultai Brood.

The Sultai Brood were inspired by Cambodian pleasure palaces. They were originally naga, humans and rakasha. I changed the name of the naga to borsa, removed the humans and introduced the samāna lōka, with rakshasa being a rank within their society, rather than a separate race. Borsa and non-mage caste samāna lōka have a Cambodian aesthetic to their culture, whilst the mages are more Hindu. This faction would offer three choices for race: borsa, samāna lōka and additional any other humanoid, but they could only be mercenaries or slaves. The Sultai Brood will offer challenges and situations involving intrigue, hidden threats and resource control. By contrast, playing as one of The Crawlers will see your character as a terrorist operative, under a brutal and sadistic commander, working to hurt the Sultai wherever possible.

Sidisi, the Brood Tyrant. Officially he runs the Sultai Brood

A rakshasa, leaders of the samāna lōka and the power behind the throne                                                                                     A Sultai Pleasure Palace, a place of coin, intrigue and every delight imaginable

Silumgar, when he was still known as The Drifting Death
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many years ago, the vast steppes were home to a clan of warriors known as the Mardu Hoard. Humans, orcs, goblins, even some ogres, they rode into battle on horseback, and fought with bravery and honour. They fought against the Abzan and the Sultai, the Jeskai and the Temur. But most of all, they fought against the Elder Dragon Kologhan the Storm’s Fury. Finally, at Goldengrade, Aisha Who Smiles at Death, Khan of the Mardu, met her own in the jaws of her foe, her blade wet with the blood of at least three dragons. Upon that day, the Mardu died, as the survivors bowed to Dragonlord Kologhan, taking her name in lei of their old one. Now the horseback tribes of the region live only to fight, spurred on by the warkites and the lightning shriekers into battle, with the greater dragon breeds joining them for particularly noteworthy assaults. Gone is any honour or restraint, as the Kologhan kill fiercely, desperate to appease their Lord’s lust for battle, least the offering of their enemies blood be insufficient, and their own added to it.

The Mardu were loosely inspired by the Mongol Hoards, at least the popular understanding of them. The Kologhan were inspired by the thought exercise “What if Ghengis Khan had actually been Ted Bundy?” A game of Kologhan players would largely resemble a grind house movie, and explore the pattern and psychosis of people who live for violence out of necessity. The only way to expand upon this premise would be to have your characters defect, heading into the lands of another clan, and trying to adapt to a lifestyle beyond bloodlust and survival you had known until then.

Dragonlord Kologhan, the Storm's Fury, unleashes a swarm of lightning shriekers

A Kologhan Camp. It won't last for long, the call to battle and bloodshed beckons....  

A Kologhan charge, led by a Boltwing Marauder, one of the greater dragons of Kologhan's clutch.

In the Cori Mountains, a secluded clan of elves, djinn-folk and aven bask in the wisdom of Dragonlord Ojutai, the Soul of Winter and Great Teacher.  Dwelling in monasteries and hanging mountainside villagers, the Ojutai took on their master’s name when Shu Yun the Silent Tempest kneeled before the Dragonlord upon the conclusion of their second battle, acknowledging that he would never best him. The Great Teacher accepted the elf’s surrender, provided he cast aside the fire in his soul, forsaking it for the cold, absolute mastery of the self. Every member of the Ojutai now strives to master this, from the farmer, to the blacksmith, to the artisans and the graceblades to the whirlwind weavers, all ponder the puzzles and lessons of the Great Teacher.

Hidden within the villages and in basements of the monasteries however is another view on the mysteries of life, an old one not quite dead: the Jeskai Way. They teach that without the fiery spontaneity of instinct, inherent to humanoid nature, the achievement of mastery over anything is empty. A small movement started by the now banished Narset, they are a little outmatched, but are nevertheless a thorn in the side for Dragonlord Ojutai. Their members even include a few efreet, who were banished from the mountainsides as it was clear they would never truly lose their inner fire.

Playing an Ojutai could be problematic, as roleplaying “master the mysteries of life. No, you are not done meditating yet” may not prove that riveting an experience. However skirmishes with the other clans happen, so the game would likely be set on the border of the Ojutai domain, to give players more freedom in “interpreting” their Dragonlord’s commands. Alternatively the players could be members of the Jeskai Way, fighting to restore a passion struck from their fellow people’s heart a century ago.

Dragonlord Ojutai, the Soul of Winter and Great Teacher imparts a small sliver of his colossal wisdom upon his brightest students

Icefall, home to the Frozenbreath Regents, favoured children of Ojutai, second only to the Pristine Skywise

An efreet, found only among the ranks of the secretive, and outlawed, Jeskai Way

Of the five clans that make their home in Tarkir, only one of them is truly free from the Elder Dragon that fought to rule over them: the tribes collectively known as the Temur Frontier. Consisting of dwarves, ogres and aven living in a loose organization of tribes, the people of these lands worship the powers of nature, and the brilliantly painted sky. As a consequence to these practices, some of their have been touched by the forces of elements or the fey, becoming the tribes shaman and spiritual warriors. Their leader is the dwarf known as Surrak Dragonclaw, who sometimes receives the title King, but if more often simple Chief. His family has held this position for many years, and it was an ancestor of his, Yusova Dragonclaw, the Outrider and Tribe Queen, who upon her sabre tooth mount led the Temur against Atarka the World Render. The battle was fierce, but brief. The Elder Dragon was dragged to the ground with nets, and Yusova’s spear pierced her heart. Her children fled, to be hunted down over the next few decades to the brink of extinction. Now the Temur can live in peace, largely above the power plays of the other clans. For the most part they find too much wonder in the unexplored frontiers of their homeland to feel the need to actively meddle with others, though they must occasionally marshal in self defence.

Players as Temur tribesmen would work pretty well, as there is much to explore in the frozen mountainsides and alpine forests of their land, many secret and treasures to be discovered, and many forces to challenge would be explorers. Tribal politics can also play a part, as they do sometimes quarrel over land, livestock or spiritual matters, but nowhere near the likes of the Sultai or even the Abzan. It is also rumoured that Narset travelled to these land, upon her banishment from the Ojutai.

The Temur clan may not celebrate unity to the extent of the Abzan, but they are never the less a diverse bunch,                               A Temur camp, because if you are the only clan to actually beat the dragons, you may as well...
sharing their collective appreciation of the natural world.

One of the last remaining dragons in Temur territory

Okay, hopefully that is enough pictures for everyone. So yes, this would be the general setting of the game. Please let me know if you would be interested, and if so, which faction you would be a part of and in what way. Don't feel restricted to one option here, if you like the sound of tho, three, all, let me known. If you want to know more about a certain clan, feel free to ask.

So some anticipated questions -

What system will this game use?
Pathfinder system, but 3.5 material will also be allowed.

What will be the starting level?
Probably between 1 and 6.

Can I play as a dragon or rakshasa?
Maybe. If I get enough interest to have at least one full sized group of "regular" PCs, I will allow more exotic character choices.

Do I need to know anything about Magic: the Gathering to play in this game?
No. In fact this may even be beneficial, given that people familiar will need to unclear several parts of the lore which I have tweaked.

So no Planeswalkers?
Not really. They exist, but they're in the background. They won't appear in the story beyond mythology and references.

Any I missed? Ask away.

PaleEnchantress

I do love D&D. I might be interested in the Sultani Brood faction or the Ojutai. I tend to play pretty boys who are evil and domineering.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Chulanowa

I'm fairly interested in temur. Mmmm, shamanic barbarian tundra-whackers.

One question, the races listed for each faction - are they just the "dominant" races within that faction, with others scattered through, or are we looking at "these races are only found here"?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on August 14, 2015, 06:36:56 PM
I do love D&D. I might be interested in the Sultani Brood faction or the Ojutai. I tend to play pretty boys who are evil and domineering.

Both of those could work. Such individuals in would be at least somewhat common in the Sultai Brood. Ideas of evil and dominance would be discouraged in the Ojutai, but ultimately the demonstration of wisdom and prowess to the teachings of the Dragonlord are far more important, so a gifted student could get away with such things.

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 15, 2015, 02:52:23 AM
I'm fairly interested in temur. Mmmm, shamanic barbarian tundra-whackers.

One question, the races listed for each faction - are they just the "dominant" races within that faction, with others scattered through, or are we looking at "these races are only found here"?

It depends on the race and the faction. The Abzan Houses have a long history of accepting others, Dromoka would be more strict though (certainly no orcs and spirits, since they're one of the reasons they fight). Ojutai and Sultai would probably be the least accepting of others races (although the latter does of course have other races as slaves and/or mercenaries).

Sorrow Singer

definitely interested, I'm far more familiar with pathfinder than i am with 3.5 but finding character inspiration for this world should be a snap. Just need some character creation outlines and ill throw start throwing something together.

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LisztesFerenc

Yep, there's still room. What faction's land is everyone interested in? You don't have to limit yourself to a single choice, but given how different the game would be depending on the location, its helps to narrow it down. Obviously the setting and your character do not have to match. You could play a Kologhan defector in the Temur Frontier, or a Sultai Emissary in one of the Abzan cities.

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on August 15, 2015, 05:02:11 AM
definitely interested, I'm far more familiar with pathfinder than i am with 3.5 but finding character inspiration for this world should be a snap. Just need some character creation outlines and ill throw start throwing something together.

I'm thinking standard fantasy point buy (15), two traits, maximum HP at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d6, 1-2 for d8, 1-3 for d10 and 1-4 if you have d12. I'll get some stuff up for the new races as soon as I can.

PaleEnchantress

I'm getting some rather diabolical ideas, I might be able to play His Majesty the Queen after all. Though im probably dropping the insect theme. MtG had a touch of sci-fi horror elements in it that I can play off of.

Honestly why not leave race a (re)flavor thing, or just pick 2 pathfinder races that can function as said race. Like you could if someone was going to be a Samana Loka you could just let them pick any pathfinder player race and have their character look and like and be a Samana Loka for all story purposes.  It might seem odd but it's a way to retain balance and make sure everyone gets what they want.

Since it's possible I am considering playing a Samana Loka, but hypothetically lets say when you make the race they statistically are just like the oreads (Again hypothetical). Its obvious that is a race I wouldn't touch. My other option is the Borsa and they may or may not end up what i'd like in a race. Now I only have two choices and either way I'll be unhappy. - My real point is just consider that because race mechanics do actually make a difference in play style in Pathfinder the limited racial options make it less likely everyone will find what they want. The less options the more race is just about picking which ever one doesn't statistically screw over the class said player is choosing. Just something to keep in mind.

Chulanowa

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on August 15, 2015, 05:24:48 PM
Honestly why not leave race a (re)flavor thing, or just pick 2 pathfinder races that can function as said race. Like you could if someone was going to be a Samana Loka you could just let them pick any pathfinder player race and have their character look and like and be a Samana Loka for all story purposes.  It might seem odd but it's a way to retain balance and make sure everyone gets what they want.

Becuase then everypne plays Aasimar... just like htye always do in ever Pathfinder game :D

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 15, 2015, 08:59:17 PM
Becuase then everypne plays Aasimar... just like htye always do in ever Pathfinder game :D

AH sounds like a great idea

LisztesFerenc

I will try and make options for races open, as I do appreciate PaleEnchantress's concerns, especially for the Sultai and Ojutai, as they are the more exclusive than the other three factions. However I do want something a bit more meaningful than races just being cosmetic, for one, aven fly. That's going to need to addressed mechanically. Right now what I am leaning towards is tweaking races so that they only get a bonus to 1 stat, but then giving a culture bonus depending on where they grew up. Here's the Abzan races and culture bonus:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Human

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Rather than choose a bonus to one of two culture stats, humans receive the bonus to both.
Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orcs

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Orcs are brutal and savage. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, –2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma.
Type: Orcs are humanoids with the orc subtype.
Size: Orcs are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Orcs have a base speed of 30 feet.

Offense Racial Traits
Ferocious and Feral: Orcs possess the ferocity ability which allows them to remain conscious and continue fighting even if their hit point totals fall below 0, gaining a +1 racial bonus on melee weapon attack and damage rolls when at negative hit points. Orcs are still staggered at 0 hit points or lower and lose 1 hit point each round as normal.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Orcs can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.

Weakness Racial Traits
Near Sighted: Orcs take a -2 penalty to ranged attacks, and double all distance penalties to sight based perception checks, as their vision degrades over distance quickly

Half-Orc

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Rather than choose a bonus to one of two culture stats, half-orcs receive the bonus to both.
Type: Half-orcs are Humanoid creatures with both the human and orc subtypes.
Size: Half-orcs are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Half-orcs have a base speed of 30 feet.

Defensive Racial Traits
Sacred Omen: To some, half-orcs are an omen of times to come, a living unity destined for greatness. They gain a +1 luck bonus on all saves.

Offense Racial Traits
Ferocity: Half-orcs possess the ferocity ability which allows them to remain conscious and continue fighting even if their hit point totals fall below 0. They are still staggered at 0 hit points or lower and lose 1 hit point each round as normal.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Half-orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Other Racial Traits
Orc Blood: Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.

Half-Elf

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Rather than choose a bonus to one of two culture stats, half-elves receive the bonus to both.
Type: Half-elves are Humanoid creatures with both the human and the elf subtypes.
Size: Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.

Defense Racial Traits
Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Dual Mind: A sacred unity between man and a Child of the Great Teacher, half-elves must automatically "take" a 19 on the first will save they choose to roll each day.

Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Child of the Water: Elves receive a +4 racial bonus to Swim checks, and treat their constitution modifier as being 4 points higher for determining how long they can hold their breath.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Other Racial Traits
Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.

Ainok

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Ainok are sharp and competitive, but find it difficult to express themselves to non-Ainok. Ainok get +2 to Intelligence and -2 Charisma.
Type: Ainok are humanoid with the canine subtype.
Size: Ainok are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Ainok have a base speed of 30ft.

Defense Racial Traits
Natural Armor: Ainok hides are remarkably tough, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.
Iron Stomach: Ainok get a +4 bonus on fortitude saves required against ingested substances, and gain sustenance from a variety of scavenged scraps that would only sicken other races.

Offensive Racial Traits:
Bite: Ainok gain a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.

Feat and Skill Traits
Born to a Pack: Ainok gain a +2 all charima based checks made for or against other Ainok.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Ainok have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Scent: Ainok have the scent ability and a +4 racial bonus to survival checks used in conjunction with the ability.

Aven

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Avens need to be lightly weighted to be able to fly, with hollow bones and thin frames, and thus take -2 to Constitution.
Size: Aven are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Aven are humanoids with the aven subtype.
Base Speed: Avens have a base speed of 30 feet, and a flight speed of 40 feet with average maneuverability (but see restrictions).

Flight Racial Traits
Glide: Avens can use their wings to direct their descent. Unless their wings are impeded or restricted, aven never take damage from falling, and they can move 20ft for every 5ft of descent.
Flight: Avens can fly with a speed of 40ft and average maneuverability; however they can only fly continually for a number of rounds equal to their constitution modifier (minimum 1), then they must rest their wings for 2 round. They can double the duration of the flight, but then they become fatigued. Note that since they can still glide whilst resting their wings, aven can stay airborne for hours, and some natural phenomenal (heat spirals) can even allow them to ascend whilst gliding. An aven can “run” whilst airborn, provided they move in a straight line, but this is treated as 2 rounds of being airborne. Aven cannot fly when encumbered or exhausted. Whilst airborn, aven cannot use short or longbows, and other attacks with ranged weapons take a -6 penalty. Aven casters can use their magic on wing, but must always choose to cast defensively.
  When an airborne aven charges a target on the ground whilst wielding a piercing weapon, rather than the usual modifiers of a charge, they instead get a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls, and a -4 penalty to AC.

Wing and Claw: Aven can use their wings to assist in jumping, gaining a +10 racial bonus to acrobatic attempts to make long or high jumps. Furthermore Avens get a +2 bonus to athletic checks to climb, as they can make a strong and tight grip with their feet.
Unerring Direction: Aven always know which way is north, even when inside or underground.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: An aven can see twice as far as a human in dim light.

Breeds:
There are three primary breeds of aven in Tarkir, but none of them show any significant differences other than aesthetics. All of them have the same wing structure, triple jointed limbs with a four fingered hand sprouting from just below the second joint. When not airborne, the fifth, elongated finger can be folded back, to avoid it getting in the way. Most of the breeds favour one of three clan’s territories and appear as follows:
Voron – Short in stature with dark black feathers, voron have large eyes and a short, straight beak. They can be found on the Frontier and shed and replace feathers at twice the rate of other breeds.
Laoy – With feathers specked white to dark brown, laoy are the tallest of the three breeds, but an inch or two, although they can sometimes have reddish, flowing crests on their heads. Laoy reside in the mountains of the Ojutai, forever living in the shadows of the flying dragons.
Akub – Long necks, greasy black feathers, and hooked beaks, akib can be found in the Abzan cities. Very rarely, this breed can have lighter feathers, but the neck and beak remain.

Spirit – Normally observable only as a vague impression, spirits can sometimes forcefully manifest themselves on the material plane, though their ghostly essence clings to their form.

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: The life essence of a spirit is weak, but they are wise….beyond their years? They receive -4 strength, -2 Dexterity, -4 Charisma and +2 Wisdom.
Note: Being undead, Spirits have no constitution score. Being quasi-incorporeal, spirits sometimes have no effective strength score
Type: Spirits are undead.
Size: Spirits are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Spirits have a base speed of 20 feet, and ignore all difficult terrain as they glide a foot above the ground.

Skill and feats Racial Traits
Knowledge Collective: All knowledge skills are class skills for spirits, and they receive a +1 racial bonus to all such checks.

Defense Racial Traits
Lingering Ethereal: When not incorporeal, spirits take half damage from all attacks that do not have the force descriptor or are delivered with silver weapons.
Incorporeal Movement: When moving, spirits become incorporeal automatically. Whilst still, they may activate this ability for 1 round as a standard action.

Weakness Racial Traits
Vulnerability to Ghost-touch: A Spirit takes double damage from ghost touch weapons.
Home-bound: A spirit is bound to the land of the Abzan, unable to stray too far from the kin-trees.

Abzan Houses
Might and Endurance: Abzan value physical power, and as such may choose to gain +2 Strength or Constitution.

Inheritors of the Waste: Used to a life in the desert, Abzan may choose one of the following benefits:
Unbroken Under the Sun - Gain a +4 bonus to constitute checks and fortitude saves to resist desert phenomena and non-magical fatigue effects.
Sand Step - Ignore difficult terrain derived from sand and rock.
Tamer of Beasts – You gain a +4 bonus to Handle Animal and Ride checks for any creature native to the Ash Desert. You may use these skills untrained, and can teach such creatures 2 tricks in a week instead of 1.

A Community of One: Abzan are use to co-operation with all member of their community, and as such gain one of the following benefits:
Side-by-Side – When an Abzan fights adjacent to an ally, they gain a +1 circumstance bonus to the attack roll if they attack the same enemy. If they both attack defensively, they also gain a +1 circumstance bonus to AC as well. These bonuses become +2 if both allies have this trait.
Imitate – As a swift action, an Abzan may attempt to imitate an ability their allies posses. Whenever they see an ally perform an action in which they benefitted from a feat they posses. By succeeding on a sense motive check with a DC equal to the 10+the target’s BAB, you may gain the benefit of that feat for 1 round. You must still meet all other preqs for it.
Guidance of the Ancestors – An Abzan may attempt to contact their collective ancestors, tapping into their knowledge. Making this connection requires a one hour ritual. Success is automatic, and upon its conclusion the Abzan may make a single knowledge check untrained. If they can touch a tree in an Abzan city, the ritual instead takes 1 minute, and they gain a +2 bonus on the check. Who knows what would happen if the first tree could be touched for this ritual.

The Dromoka
The Heralds of the Eternal are much the same as their Azan cousins, as bitter enemies as they may be. However, there are two notable differences:

1.   Fit for a Purpiose – Highly regimented and trained, motivated for results by the undeniable charisma of Dromoka the Eternal, her subjects get a bonus feat, in addition to any others they may have.

2.   For a Community of One, the Dromoka may not take “Guidance of the Ancestors”, instead their options are: Side-by-Side, Imitate and Blessing of the Scale Lords.
Blessing of the Scalelords – You have been touched by a Sunscortch Regent, the pride of Dromoka’s clutch. You gain a +2 inherent bonus to your lower attribute stat. If this is tied, you may choose which one receives it.

Does that sound good?

PaleEnchantress

That does look rather nice! Solves things beautifully
I intend to talk more with you in messages so we can decide how to best replicate what I want anyway.

LisztesFerenc

Okay, here the is the Samāna lōka along with the Sultai culture traits:

Samāna lōka

Standard Racial Traits

Ability Score Racial Traits: Samāna lōka are agile, but often lack common sense. They gain +2 Dexterity, –2 Wisdom.
Type: Samāna lōka are humanoids with the feline subtype.
Size: Samāna lōka are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Samāna lōka have a base speed of 30 feet.

Offence Racial Traits
Bite: Against a grappled, restrained or helpless target, Samāna lōka  may employ a bite attack, dealing 1d8 points of piercing damage, with triple damage on a critical hit.

Falling Grace: Catfolk receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatic checks and never fall prone when taking lethal damage from a fall.
Low Stamina: Not build for drawn out exertions, samāna lōka take a -4 racial penalty to constitution checks to avoid non-lethal damage for extended activities.
Clever Cat: Samāna lōka are crafty in all manner of social situations. Most see social obstacles as games to be played and won. They receive a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: Samāna lōka have low-light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humans in dim light.
Scent: Samāna lōka have the scent special ability.

Breed Trait:
There are three primary breeds of samāna lōka, all of them slightly different. Choose one from the bellow:

The Banab have dark grey fur mottled with spots of dark brown and black, good camouflage for dwelling in the Segu Forest. They also have white whispers and bushy tails. The Banab excel at hunting prey from trees and other high vantage points. Such samāna lōka possess a climb speed of 20 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks a climb speed affords).

The Satvak have striped fur of orange and black, and stand several inches above the other samāna lōka and borader in the shoulders and hips, with large noses and fangs. They settled in the occupied lands of Kheru, and developed the ability to see in the dark. The Satvak have darkvision with a 60ft range.

The Kromhu have coats of deep yellow to aubergine with faint black streaks, far less visible than the Satvak. Their fur is also shorter, thick paws and wide. They live in the Gurmag swamps, and as such these samāna lōka possess a swim speed of 15 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on swim checks a swim speed affords).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Borsa

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Borsa are strong, but tend to find logic troublesome. They gain +2 Strength and –2 Intelligence.
Size: Borsa are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Borsa are humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
Base Speed: Having a tail instead of two legs, borsa have a base speed of 20 feet, but ignore the penalty for moving over non-magical difficult terrain.
Shedding Growth: When they reach middle age, borsa increase in one size upon their next shed. The stat changes for growing in size are in addition to those for reaching middle age.

Defense Racial Traits
Armored Scales: Borsa have a +1 natural armor bonus from their scaly flesh.
Shed: On one day a month, a borsa sheds their skin, awakening with soft scales. They find this process reinvigorating, and double the amount of hitpoints and ability damage regained from the night’s sleep, but lose their racial bonus to natural armour for the day.
Resistant (Ex) Borsa receive a +2 racial saving throw bonus against mind-affecting effects and poison and their CMD is treated as being 4 higher against attempts to trip them.

Offence Racial Traits
Twisting Coils: Borsa get a +2 bonus on attempts to start a grapple or a pinning check, and their CMD is 2 higher for opponents trying to escape. Furthermore they may constrict, dealing 1d6 + strength modifier damage (1d8 + str mod) for large borsa.

Serpent's Sense (Ex) Borsa receive a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks against reptiles, and a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: Borsa have low-light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Tongue Scent: Borsa have a scent like ability, except that it works at a 15ft range, regardless of potency and conditions.

Breed Traits
There are two primary breeds of borsa, all of them slightly different. Choose one from the bellow:
Vealop – Preferring the swamps and other watery regains of the Sultai land, such borsa have blue scales, ranging from teal to near black, and some have small fins sprouting on their elbows or head. Developing at slow and patient hunters, they possess a swim speed of 10 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on swim checks a swim speed affords).
Psa Dae – Originally living in the trees of the Segu Forests, Psa Dae are thicker in body with sharper facial features and smaller nostrils than their vealop kin, their scales green to brown. Such borsa possess a climb speed of 20 feet (along with the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks a climb speed affords).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sultai
Wit and Charm: The Sultai value the ability to navigate the treacherous waters of the power hungry masses of their palaces, and may choose to gain a +2 bonus to Intelligence or Charisma.

Predatory Nature – As much as they have built up their empire, the borsa and the samāna lōka are still predators at heart, though their methods have become refined. This also rubs off onto the slaves and mercenaries they employ. A Sultai may choose one of the following benefits:
Gaze of the Predator – In combat, as initiative is rolled, a Sultai can select a single opponent, and focus their predatory instinct upon them. The target must make a will save (DC = to 10 + ½ your level + your cha mod), or be shaken for 1 round and have an initiative total reduced by 5. Additionally the first time you attack the target, they take an extra 1d6 points of damage. This is a mind effecting ability. At the GM’s discretion, this ability can be used in social situations to unnerve another.
Poison Master – The Sultai loves venom, and will never accidently poison themselves from handling a coated blade, and gains a +4 bonus to craft (alchemy) checks to brew poisons. They may also use the appraisal skill to identify poisons.
Ripple Lurker – Used to hunting in the lakes, rivers and swamps of their land, the Sultai is adept at ambushing prey from the water. They gain a +4 bonus to swim checks and a +4 bonus to stealth whilst in the water, and in the surprise round never treat water as difficult terrain.

Child of the Palace:Life within the walls of the pleasure palaces shapes all Sultai in some way. Such a character may choose one of the following benefits:
Game of Lies – Sultai must lie, often on a daily basis, and so must in turn be prepared for this. Often however, they are far better at lying. A Sultai who suspects they are being lied may engage the individual in a minute long conversation, dancing around the topic. At its conclusion, they each make an opposed bluff check. If the Sultai wins, the target inadvertently reveals some details of why they lied.
Magic Familiarity – Growing up in a magocracy, Spellcraft and Knowledge (arcane) are class skills for the Sultai. If either of those skills were already class skills, they instead get a +2 bonus to them. Additionally you can automatically detect magical auras of strong or overwhelming level as you feel a tingle down the back of your neck.
Flesh Expert – The living lie, the dead, less so. This Sultai has taken to seeking truth from corpses, pioneering the science of autopsying. Heal is a class skill for you, if it was already a class skill, you get a +2 circumstance bonus to such checks. Furthermore, you can learn a lot from cutting apart a corpse, such as their age, why they died, how strong they were, and other things at the GMs discretion. You may also cut apart a defeated undead specimen, discovering similar information, as well as possibly how powerful the mage who raised it was.

Optional – Any character raised within Sultai society, may opt to also take “Decadence” and “Wealth Beyond Measure”.
Decadence – Used to a life of luxury, the Sultai are often ill equipped to rough life, missing something you grew use to in the palaces. The penalties for not having what you crave are roleplay based, not mechanical, with the exception of "Substance".
Shinnies – The Sultai feels naked without their wealth upon their bodies. They must have jewellery or clothing on their selves worth 75sp x their character level at all times, or start feeling nervous immediately. Additionally, proximity to particularly beautiful object will likely prove distracting.
Luxury – You crave the life of the palaces: rich foods, good drink, the comfort of fine clothes and silken sheets, slaves to cater to your whims, bath and perfumes, all of it. When living outside of a Sultai pleasure palace and not able to compensate with the luxuries you are use to, you start to have “withdrawal” after a fortnight.
Substance – Rather than the good life in general, you are addicted to one specific substance, typically a drug. If you are unable to feed this addiction, withdrawal will typically begin after a week.

Wealth Beyond Measure – Coin flows freely through the Sultai lands, and all of them have their claim to some of it. You start the game owning some minor venture, or a stake in a larger one. This is worth anywhere from 50 to 250 silver pieces a month and could also give you contacts based on your supplies and customers, depending on the specifics.

The Crawlers
The agents of Lord Silumgar are hunters just like the Sultai, but are neither children of the palaces, nor do they have the opportunity to be so decedent or wealthy. As such they may not take the optional trait, and instead “Child of the Palace” choose a benefit from “Silumgar’s Reward”:
Damnable Pact – You have touched Lord Silumgar’s mind, and emerged, scarred, but improved. Reduce your Constitution and Wisdom scores by 2 each, but gain the ability to cast spells as a bard of your character level. The spells must be chosen from the Necromancery, Illusion and Enchantment schools and must be on the Sorceror/Wizard list.
Fear No Other – Lord Silumgar is fear incarnate, next to him, nothing else can stricken your resolve. Your dreams are haunted by visions of what will happen if you fail him, and in the morning you must make a will save (DC: 17) or awaken awaken exhausted. You are immune to all other fear effects.
Black Hand – Lord Silumgar has gifted you with a small sliver of his necromantic might. You may use Deathknell as a spell like ability at will. You may choose to use it as a swift action, but then you may not use the ability for the rest of the day.

Will that work, or should I also post the borsa? Both Samāna lōka and Borsa now posted.

To everyone else, what culture traits and or races should I be working on next? I know Chulanowa is interesting in Temur. Anything else?

LisztesFerenc

Okay, here the Temur races and culture bonus.

Dwarf

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Dwarves are tough, but also a bit gruff. They gain +2 Constitution, and –2 Charisma.
Size: Dwarves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Dwarves are humanoids with the dwarf subtype.
Base Speed: (Slow and Steady) Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.

Defense Racial Traits
Hardy: Dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Stability: Dwarves gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Cold Tolerance: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against cold damage and effects and can comfortably survive in conditions of severe cold to hot without needing to make fortitude save against environmental effects.

Healers of the Clan: Dwarves have an innate understanding of mending flesh, receiving a +2 racial bonus on heal checks. When using the skill on themselves and other dwarves, they may also attempt to stabilize them as a swift action.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Dwarves can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ogre

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Ogres are large and powerful, but are little clumsy and gullible. They gain +8 Strength, +4 Constitution and -2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence and Wisdom.
Type: Ogres are humanoid with the giant subtype.
Size: Ogres are Large creatures and thus gain a -1 size penalty to their AC, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +1 bonus to their CMB and CMD, and a -4 size penalty on Stealth checks.
Base Speed: (Slow) An ogre’s stooped shoulder make it slow for its size, its base speed is 30ft.

Defense Racial Traits
Natural Armor: Ogres have thick, greasy skin, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.

Offense Racial Traits
Reach: Owing to their large size, ogres have a reach of 10ft.
Rage: Whenever an ogre takes damage, they must make a will save or enter a state of rage. This gives them no benefit, as they are not hitting any stronger, but it does cloud their mind, restricting their choice of actions as per the barbarian’s rage ability. This condition lasts until the end of combat + 1 round. At the GM’s discretion, ogres may need to roll a save to avoid raging when provoke without taking HP damage (such as being targeted by a spell, having mud threw upon them, or having some of their property destroyed).
Thick Fingers: Ogres are not only a little clumsy and slow, they also struggle with fine manipulation. They take a -4 penalty to Disable Device and Sleight of Hand attempts, and proficiency with martial and exotic weapons merely half the penalty to -2, as they cannot seem to grip them right.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Ogres have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet, but double all distance penalties to sight based perception checks, as their vision degrades over distance quickly.
Fear What is Tamed: Ogres take a -4 penalty on saving throws vs. spells, and those of the Temur cannot choose the “Deny the Tamed Magic” benefit. Anyone using spells (rather than spell like or supernatural abilities) receives a +5 circumstance bonus on intimidation checks, and the ogre is treated as medium size for the purpose of modifiers to the check.

Breed traits:
There are two main breeds of Ogre, fairly different, at least in appearance. Choose one from the bellow:
Obez – With manes of white, brown or black hair, and tuffs of it running down the back of their arms, Obez inhabit both Temur and Kologhan territories. They have deep coloured flesh, flat noses, long arms and a set of fearsome teeth, including two tusk’s where a human’s incisors would be. They have a bite attack, dealing 1d8 points of damage, and a climb speed of 20ft.
Slon – Unique to the tundra of the Temur Frontier, Slon ogres are almost hairless, with rough, grey skin. Their heads and ears are larger than the Obez, as is their nose, which can extend to as long as 2 feet in length. Their arms are shorter, their feet thicker, and their tusks are each 9 inches long. As such, Slon have a gore attack for 1d12 damage, but tend to find that they cannot use them in the close confines of a brawl. Furthermore, Slon get a -4 racial penalty to Constitution as they are actually surprisingly fragile, but +2 racial bonus to Wisdom from long term exposure to the magical landscape of the Frontier, and only need to save against rage until they are at 50% or below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aven

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Avens need to be lightly weighted to be able to fly, with hollow bones and thin frames, and thus take -2 to Constitution.
Size: Aven are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Aven are humanoids with the aven subtype.
Base Speed: Avens have a base speed of 30 feet, and a flight speed of 40 feet with average maneuverability (but see restrictions).

Flight Racial Traits
Glide: Avens can use their wings to direct their descent. Unless their wings are impeded or restricted, aven never take damage from falling, and they can move 20ft for every 5ft of descent.
Flight: Avens can fly with a speed of 40ft and average maneuverability; however they can only fly continually for a number of rounds equal to their constitution modifier (minimum 1), then they must rest their wings for 2 round. They can double the duration of the flight, but then they become fatigued. Note that since they can still glide whilst resting their wings, aven can stay airborne for hours, and some natural phenomenal (heat spirals) can even allow them to ascend whilst gliding. An aven can “run” whilst airborn, provided they move in a straight line, but this is treated as 2 rounds of being airborne. Aven cannot fly when encumbered or exhausted. Whilst airborn, aven cannot use short or longbows, and other attacks with ranged weapons take a -6 penalty. Aven casters can use their magic on wing, but must always choose to cast defensively.
  When an airborne aven charges a target on the ground whilst wielding a piercing weapon, rather than the usual modifiers of a charge, they instead get a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls, and a -4 penalty to AC.

Wing and Claw: Aven can use their wings to assist in jumping, gaining a +10 racial bonus to acrobatic attempts to make long or high jumps. Furthermore Avens get a +2 bonus to athletic checks to climb, as they can make a strong and tight grip with their feet.
Unerring Direction: Aven always know which way is north, even when inside or underground.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: An aven can see twice as far as a human in dim light.

Breeds:
There are three primary breeds of aven in Tarkir, but none of them show any significant differences other than aesthetics. All of them have the same wing structure, triple jointed limbs with a four fingered hand sprouting from just below the second joint. When not airborne, the fifth, elongated finger can be folded back, to avoid it getting in the way. Most of the breeds favour one of three clan’s territories and appear as follows:
Voron – Short in stature with dark black feathers, voron have large eyes and a short, straight beak. They can be found on the Frontier and shed and replace feathers at twice the rate of other breeds.
Laoy – With feathers specked white to dark brown, laoy are the tallest of the three breeds, but an inch or two, although they can sometimes have reddish, flowing crests on their heads. Laoy reside in the mountains of the Ojutai, forever living in the shadows of the flying dragons.
Akub – Long necks, greasy black feathers, and hooked beaks, akib can be found in the Abzan cities. Very rarely, this breed can have lighter feathers, but the neck and beak remain.

Goblins – Small, monkey-like creatures, goblins are pink skinned, with thick white hair, leading some to claim they are descendants from the Obez.

Standard Racial Traits
Ability Score Racial Traits: Goblins are agile, but are also rather mischievous. They gain +2 Dexterity, and –2 Charisma.
Type: Goblins are humanoids with the goblinoid subtype.
Size: Goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
Base Speed: Despite their small size, goblins have a base speed of 30 feet, as well as a Climb speed of 20 feet.

Nimble: Goblins have a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Stealth checks.

Offence Racial Traits
Heel Cutter: Against adjacent opponents who are at least two size categories larger, goblins get a +1 racial bonus to hit and damage.

Senses Racial Traits
Low-Light Vision: A goblin can see twice as far as a human in dim light.
Darkvision: Goblins see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.

Other Racial Traits
Prehensile Tail: A goblin has a long, flexible tail that she can use to carry objects. She cannot wield weapons with her tail, but the tail allows her to retrieve a small, stowed object carried on her person as a swift action.

Temur Culture
Patience and Survival – Above all else, the Temur value endurance in the mind and body, and may choose to gain a bonus of +2 to Constitution or Wisdom.

Flow of Magic – The Temur grow up surrounded by the ebb and flow of magic of the natural world, and learn how to tap into them, or fight their perversions. You may choose one of the following benefits:
Feed the Earth: The Temur may sprinkle the ground with their own blood, taking 2 points of constitution damage to cast Plant Growth as a spell like ability, except the area is reduce to a 20ft radius for the “overgrowth” use and a 250ft radius for “enrichment”. Both versions take 10 minutes to cast, as the area in question must be sprinkled with your blood.
Seek the Horizon: When sleeping under the night sky, the Temur may ask a single question and receive an answer as if they had cast augury, caster level equal to their character level. If the Path of Whispers (Aurora) is visible in the night sky, they may ask three questions, and their caster level is treated as 20.
Deny the Tamed Magic: Whilst the Temur respect natural magic, they take a less fond view of attempt to subdue magic. You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws vs. any spell and a +2 dodge bonus to AC against touch spells.

Rule of Three - The Temur believe three things only are needed in life: a hot fire, a full belly, and a strong companion. Their proximity to the natural forces aids them in attaining one of these:
Fire: The Temur can create fire out of nothing; all they need is a fire pit. The flame occupies a 5ft square, will resist light rain and burns without fuel for 8 hours. After you use this ability, you must then light a fire using your own skill and gaze upon it until you fall asleep. Only then may you use this ability again.
Food: Once per week, the Temur may pray for food. If there is an animal within 10 miles, they approach and kneel before you, allowing themselves to be slain. Eating the flesh, cooked or raw, has the additional effects of a Cure Light Wounds and Lesser Restoration spell (CL = the animal's hitdie). After using this ability, you must then capture an animal of similar size, thank it for its kin’s sacrifice, then let the creature go. Only then may you use this ability again, and still no more than once per week.
Companion: The Temur with this ability can choose to enter a union with another creature, typically an animal, fey or humanoid. Both participants must be willing but only one need possess this trait. The specifics of the ritual vary across the tribes of the Temur, usually taking a couple of hours. The union lasts indefinitely, and as long as it is active, if you possess this trait you may know the direction of your companion relatively to you simply by taking a move action. Furthermore, you automatically know if your companion is within a mile of you.

Optional – Any character born into Temur society may have been touched by the fey. If they do, they receive the following stat modifiers and four traits, in addition to any other culture traits they may have.
Fey Touched: You are weaker in body, but strong in soul. You gain +2 Charisma and -2 Constitution.

Iron bane: Any weapon forged of pure iron deals and additional 6 points of damage to you. A weapon forged of steel instead deals an additional 1d6 points of damage. In either case, the additional damage is the same type that the weapon would normally deal.

Agent of Commotion: You are drawn to disorder, becoming agitated in places of order. When in a place where nature is being infringed upon (a city, a formal gathering), you must act to counter balance it, stealing something, or using the bluff skill at least once a day.

Trackless step: You cannot be tracked by mundane means. You may suppress this ability, but only with continuous and considerable effort.

Tricks of the Elements – 1/day you may cast one of the following spells as a spell like ability:
Fearie Fire
Mighty Fist of the Earth
Gentle Breeze
Wave Shield

Once you use one of these abilities, you cannot use it again and must choose another the next day. Once you have used the last ability, all four are once again available the next day. If you do not use a single one on any given day, you lose access to them for 48 hours.

Ghostwheel

Interested in the game as well, thinking of doing a kineticist... they could be one of the spirit shamans of the Temur Frontier, but I think I'm liking the flavor of the Abzan houses more.

Chulanowa

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Ghostwheel on August 19, 2015, 02:57:03 PM
Interested in the game as well, thinking of doing a kineticist... they could be one of the spirit shamans of the Temur Frontier, but I think I'm liking the flavor of the Abzan houses more.

Wow that would make an interesting foil to my character. My character is a telepath with a collective, hes going to be fighting with the Temur barbarians, capturing them, doing terrible sexual tortures to them and then assimilating them. I don't like straight PvP but our characters would sure be an occasional thorn in each others side.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on August 19, 2015, 03:21:48 PM

Wow that would make an interesting foil to my character. My character is a telepath with a collective, hes going to be fighting with the Temur barbarians, capturing them, doing terrible sexual tortures to them and then assimilating them. I don't like straight PvP but our characters would sure be an occasional thorn in each others side.

Aren't we all going to be on the same side? O.o

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 19, 2015, 03:17:53 PM
So... How's character creation going?

Added the Temur races (edited into reply 14), if that's what you mean, sorry about the delay. I forgot there were also goblins.

Chulanowa

Well, are we starting at level 1? is there a point spread for abilities or are we -gigglesnort- rolling the things? Traits allowed/ Y'know, character creation stuff :)

PaleEnchantress

I heard something about 2 traits being allowed. I thought we were starting at level 6, but I have no official answer.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 19, 2015, 06:55:09 PM
Well, are we starting at level 1? is there a point spread for abilities or are we -gigglesnort- rolling the things? Traits allowed/ Y'know, character creation stuff :)

I'm thinking standard fantasy point buy (15), two traits, maximum HP at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d6, 1-2 for d8, 1-3 for d10 and 1-4 if you have d12.

I said something like starting level 1-6, I think I'll go with 3.

Chulanowa

A'ite, I'll start poking around on my Temur after work tomorrow.

PaleEnchantress

The Temur barbarians have no human equivalent, just dwarves, bird people, ogres and goblins? What type of people are in the furs in the image you posted?