A post-apocalyptic biker story [ M/F, UN ]

Started by Hemingway, August 07, 2011, 09:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

For a long time, I've been toying with the idea of writing a game inspired by the one, the only, the legendary point-and-click game Full Throttle. I know a lot of people are probably scratching their heads right now, so allow me to give you some background.

Full Throttle is about tough guys ( and gals ) and huge motorcycles.

Yeah, there's some other stuff thrown in, but that's the most important bit. It's set in a not too distant dystopian future, in a desert very much resembling Arizona or Nevada. I would very much like a similar setting, but not something necessarily based on the setting of the game. I wouldn't mind it being a Fallout-style post-apocalyptic setting, or something like Stephen King's The Stand. The important thing is that there will be biker guys, biker gals, tire iron fights, and all kinds of other over-the-top things. There, I think, you have the essence of it.

That's not to say it has to be a humorous and light-hearted game, but I think it will necessarily be a bit on the pulpier side. For the characters and plots, nothing is truly set in stone. I would definitely like to play a biker character along the lines of Full Throttle's Ben ( is that awesome, or what? ), and I have some ideas for the female role ( a mechanic, another biker, an escaped slave, a slaver - or a mix of all of those! ), but I'm definitely open to other suggestions. The plot would depend on the characters involved, obviously.

I think that just about covers things. If this sounds interesting, please let me know, and maybe we can work something out!