Sci-fi/fantasy Fan looking for partner(s)

Started by Galatea88, July 23, 2008, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galatea88

I am into the whole sci-fi and fantasy stories. I really like bounty hunters (space based usually), Star Wars, immortals(i.e. vampires, wereanimals, angels, demons) and other fantasy creatures such as elves, orcs, and the like. I have at least general plots for every idea listed above except the other fantasy creatures. I am up for requests, as well.
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

Mjöllnir

Well, I'm not interested in playing in other people's worlds (i.e. Star Wars) but what kind of plot did you have in mind for bounty hunters in space (s'long as it's not fan-fiction-y.)

gideonblake

I don't mean to hijack the thread or insult anyone but with

"Well, I'm not interested in playing in other people's worlds" coming from someone named "gomjabbar"

I just wanted to say I smirked.

To return to the regular thread: Can't wait to hear your ideas. :)

Galatea88

Well, gomjabbar, I posted an unfinished plot on this site that I had about bounty hunters and I'd really like to eith finish that or make a new one with the same idea in mind. It's easy enough to find, but give me a sec and I'll dig up the link.

WARNING: It is a long read.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=18543.0
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

Cobra

Hi,
I would be interested but unfortunately I'm unapproved at the moment.

Galatea88

Which one, Cobra, the linked game or the ideas listed in my original post

Xillen

Quote from: Cobra on July 24, 2008, 01:48:19 AM
Hi,
I would be interested but unfortunately I'm unapproved at the moment.

Stating one's interest is fine, but keep in mind that approval is not a given, so don't go around setting up too much in advance.

Sorry for the hyjack, greetings, Xillen.

Galatea88

lol. not a problem, Xill. I was aware that approval is not a given. I was just curious.

Mjöllnir

Just 'cause I take my handle from a favorite story doesn't mean I want to play in it :-P

Inkidu

I wouldn't mind doing a Star Wars themed one, and I know if you read my O's and O's it says no established media but I'm hypocritical when it comes to Star Wars. Jedi are the shinola.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RogueJedi

Hmmm... Star Wars games... yummy, if you hadn't guessed. *wink*

Inkidu

Quote from: RogueJedi on July 24, 2008, 01:17:30 PM
Hmmm... Star Wars games... yummy, if you hadn't guessed. *wink*
So what'd you get kicked out for? Me. really weird, embezzlement. Strange huh Jedi like their cash. Go figure.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Galatea88

Well, I am always willing and open for Star Wars games. In fact, I have one plot right now that may be better off as a small game than as a solo. If you two are interested, that is. Though either way could work. What do you think, Indeku and Rogue?

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 24, 2008, 03:46:29 PM
Well, I am always willing and open for Star Wars games. In fact, I have one plot right now that may be better off as a small game than as a solo. If you two are interested, that is. Though either way could work. What do you think, Indeku and Rogue?
Sure what's it about?

Billy Pilgrim

I will RP with you, but you'll have to email me if you want since I do not have PM abillity.

Xillen

Quote from: Billy Pilgrim on July 24, 2008, 04:09:07 PM
I will RP with you, but you'll have to email me if you want since I do not have PM abillity.

Better be a bit patient. Remember that approval is not a given.

If you will be approved, it shouldn't take too long, and if you're not, well, wouldn't it all be a wasted efford?

Sorry for the hyjack. Greetings, Xillen.

Galatea88

Well, I have a character who is a Padawan in the Pre-Clone Wars/Clone Wars era. In it, she and her master are heading to save a planet from a (no joke, Rogue, this was before i saw your name) rogue Jedi who is holding a planet hostage until the Jedi Council agrees to his demands. My girl and her master were sent to negotiate for the Council. There is also a second master/padawan pair that I include, who possibly are sent to help the first pair when something goes wrong?

I even have a profile for the main Padawan and an opening post for an example of my writing style/character ideas, if you'd like to see them.

Billy Pilgrim

well, we know each other in real life, so we would probably rp anyways. It would suck if I didn't get approved, because then I wouldn't get to RP with anyone else.

Not trying to push people to approve me. i wait patiently like a good boy.

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 24, 2008, 04:31:07 PM
Well, I have a character who is a Padawan in the Pre-Clone Wars/Clone Wars era. In it, she and her master are heading to save a planet from a (no joke, Rogue, this was before i saw your name) rogue Jedi who is holding a planet hostage until the Jedi Council agrees to his demands. My girl and her master were sent to negotiate for the Council. There is also a second master/padawan pair that I include, who possibly are sent to help the first pair when something goes wrong?

I even have a profile for the main Padawan and an opening post for an example of my writing style/character ideas, if you'd like to see them.
Sure it seems to hold water.

HairyHeretic

If you're planning a small game, I wouldn't say no. I've never actually played a Jedi in a Star Wars game though ... if you're familiar with the RPG, I tend towards the Noble / Scoundrel types.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Galatea88

Hairy: No, I haven't. However, if you know the movies and the general idea, then it'll be fine. haha.

HairyHeretic

Yeah, I'm reasonably familiar with the SW canon, at least up as far as the Yuuzhan Vong stuff. I kinda stopped reading the novels about then. I prefer the time period around Ep 4 for playing in .. I think it has the most possibilities for a non jedi game.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 27, 2008, 05:45:28 PM
Yeah, I'm reasonably familiar with the SW canon, at least up as far as the Yuuzhan Vong stuff. I kinda stopped reading the novels about then. I prefer the time period around Ep 4 for playing in .. I think it has the most possibilities for a non jedi game.
I don't think I can screw anything around the episodes up, but I haven't read many of the books, and have a hard time remembering every alien race.

Lisossa Etasu

I play a fallen angel if you're at all interested in roleplaying with me. I'm willing to do most things and there's a link to my On's And Off's in my signature if you want to take a look before making a decision.
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Roleplay List
The Castle Guardian
It's A Nice Day For A White Wedding

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Inkedu on July 27, 2008, 05:54:17 PM
I don't think I can screw anything around the episodes up, but I haven't read many of the books, and have a hard time remembering every alien race.

I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to google a list of the different aliens on some SW site or other.

Currently I'm playing a Zabrack noble in our pen and paper game (Darth Mauls race, but without the red and black sith makeup), prior to that I had a Keldorian ambassador (the guys with the breathing mask / eyepieces).

Cattle die, kinsmen die