Sci-fi/fantasy Fan looking for partner(s)

Started by Galatea88, July 23, 2008, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galatea88

I am into the whole sci-fi and fantasy stories. I really like bounty hunters (space based usually), Star Wars, immortals(i.e. vampires, wereanimals, angels, demons) and other fantasy creatures such as elves, orcs, and the like. I have at least general plots for every idea listed above except the other fantasy creatures. I am up for requests, as well.
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

Mjöllnir

Well, I'm not interested in playing in other people's worlds (i.e. Star Wars) but what kind of plot did you have in mind for bounty hunters in space (s'long as it's not fan-fiction-y.)

gideonblake

I don't mean to hijack the thread or insult anyone but with

"Well, I'm not interested in playing in other people's worlds" coming from someone named "gomjabbar"

I just wanted to say I smirked.

To return to the regular thread: Can't wait to hear your ideas. :)

Galatea88

Well, gomjabbar, I posted an unfinished plot on this site that I had about bounty hunters and I'd really like to eith finish that or make a new one with the same idea in mind. It's easy enough to find, but give me a sec and I'll dig up the link.

WARNING: It is a long read.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=18543.0
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

Cobra

Hi,
I would be interested but unfortunately I'm unapproved at the moment.

Galatea88

Which one, Cobra, the linked game or the ideas listed in my original post

Xillen

Quote from: Cobra on July 24, 2008, 01:48:19 AM
Hi,
I would be interested but unfortunately I'm unapproved at the moment.

Stating one's interest is fine, but keep in mind that approval is not a given, so don't go around setting up too much in advance.

Sorry for the hyjack, greetings, Xillen.

Galatea88

lol. not a problem, Xill. I was aware that approval is not a given. I was just curious.

Mjöllnir

Just 'cause I take my handle from a favorite story doesn't mean I want to play in it :-P

Inkidu

I wouldn't mind doing a Star Wars themed one, and I know if you read my O's and O's it says no established media but I'm hypocritical when it comes to Star Wars. Jedi are the shinola.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RogueJedi

Hmmm... Star Wars games... yummy, if you hadn't guessed. *wink*

Inkidu

Quote from: RogueJedi on July 24, 2008, 01:17:30 PM
Hmmm... Star Wars games... yummy, if you hadn't guessed. *wink*
So what'd you get kicked out for? Me. really weird, embezzlement. Strange huh Jedi like their cash. Go figure.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Galatea88

Well, I am always willing and open for Star Wars games. In fact, I have one plot right now that may be better off as a small game than as a solo. If you two are interested, that is. Though either way could work. What do you think, Indeku and Rogue?

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 24, 2008, 03:46:29 PM
Well, I am always willing and open for Star Wars games. In fact, I have one plot right now that may be better off as a small game than as a solo. If you two are interested, that is. Though either way could work. What do you think, Indeku and Rogue?
Sure what's it about?

Billy Pilgrim

I will RP with you, but you'll have to email me if you want since I do not have PM abillity.

Xillen

Quote from: Billy Pilgrim on July 24, 2008, 04:09:07 PM
I will RP with you, but you'll have to email me if you want since I do not have PM abillity.

Better be a bit patient. Remember that approval is not a given.

If you will be approved, it shouldn't take too long, and if you're not, well, wouldn't it all be a wasted efford?

Sorry for the hyjack. Greetings, Xillen.

Galatea88

Well, I have a character who is a Padawan in the Pre-Clone Wars/Clone Wars era. In it, she and her master are heading to save a planet from a (no joke, Rogue, this was before i saw your name) rogue Jedi who is holding a planet hostage until the Jedi Council agrees to his demands. My girl and her master were sent to negotiate for the Council. There is also a second master/padawan pair that I include, who possibly are sent to help the first pair when something goes wrong?

I even have a profile for the main Padawan and an opening post for an example of my writing style/character ideas, if you'd like to see them.

Billy Pilgrim

well, we know each other in real life, so we would probably rp anyways. It would suck if I didn't get approved, because then I wouldn't get to RP with anyone else.

Not trying to push people to approve me. i wait patiently like a good boy.

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 24, 2008, 04:31:07 PM
Well, I have a character who is a Padawan in the Pre-Clone Wars/Clone Wars era. In it, she and her master are heading to save a planet from a (no joke, Rogue, this was before i saw your name) rogue Jedi who is holding a planet hostage until the Jedi Council agrees to his demands. My girl and her master were sent to negotiate for the Council. There is also a second master/padawan pair that I include, who possibly are sent to help the first pair when something goes wrong?

I even have a profile for the main Padawan and an opening post for an example of my writing style/character ideas, if you'd like to see them.
Sure it seems to hold water.

HairyHeretic

If you're planning a small game, I wouldn't say no. I've never actually played a Jedi in a Star Wars game though ... if you're familiar with the RPG, I tend towards the Noble / Scoundrel types.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Galatea88

Hairy: No, I haven't. However, if you know the movies and the general idea, then it'll be fine. haha.

HairyHeretic

Yeah, I'm reasonably familiar with the SW canon, at least up as far as the Yuuzhan Vong stuff. I kinda stopped reading the novels about then. I prefer the time period around Ep 4 for playing in .. I think it has the most possibilities for a non jedi game.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 27, 2008, 05:45:28 PM
Yeah, I'm reasonably familiar with the SW canon, at least up as far as the Yuuzhan Vong stuff. I kinda stopped reading the novels about then. I prefer the time period around Ep 4 for playing in .. I think it has the most possibilities for a non jedi game.
I don't think I can screw anything around the episodes up, but I haven't read many of the books, and have a hard time remembering every alien race.

Lisossa Etasu

I play a fallen angel if you're at all interested in roleplaying with me. I'm willing to do most things and there's a link to my On's And Off's in my signature if you want to take a look before making a decision.
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Roleplay List
The Castle Guardian
It's A Nice Day For A White Wedding

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Inkedu on July 27, 2008, 05:54:17 PM
I don't think I can screw anything around the episodes up, but I haven't read many of the books, and have a hard time remembering every alien race.

I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to google a list of the different aliens on some SW site or other.

Currently I'm playing a Zabrack noble in our pen and paper game (Darth Mauls race, but without the red and black sith makeup), prior to that I had a Keldorian ambassador (the guys with the breathing mask / eyepieces).

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

Well, I agree with you about the races. There are a lot to remember. Well, all of this sounds good to me if you two are interested. I have another player waiting in the wings as well. So are we decided?

Inkidu

Galatea88

HairyHeretic

Most likely. What era you looking at again? All jedi towards the end of the Clone Wars, right?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Anathanasia

I don't know if you're at all interested in another player, but I might be up for a SW w/ Jedi game if ya are.

Please check out my Ons and Offs and PM me if ya think I might be a fit. :)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Galatea88

Anath: Sure. If you don't mind, I'll count you among our ranks.

Hairy: Well, I mentioned it before, the idea was originally set in the pre- to Clone Wars era.

TO ALL MY INTERESTED PLAYERS:
At this point I have possibly seven players. Indeku, Hairy, gideonblake, and myself have already voiced our agreement. RogueJedi and Anath are speaking interest as well. I only have five conreted characters for my plot. I will, however, allow a few more to be created. Not many more, though.

Paradox

Do you still have an interest in anything besides Star Wars, or do you think that game will occupy enough of your time to keep you too busy for another sci-fi storyline?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Galatea88

I have more than enough time for another RP as well.

Paradox

I kind of prefer original content games. If you'd have time to brainstorm a novel universe, or at least a sector within it from which we could later expand, perhaps we could start something that way?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Galatea88

Anathanasia

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 27, 2008, 07:52:26 PM
Anath: Sure. If you don't mind, I'll count you among our ranks.

Hairy: Well, I mentioned it before, the idea was originally set in the pre- to Clone Wars era.

TO ALL MY INTERESTED PLAYERS:
At this point I have possibly seven players. Indeku, Hairy, gideonblake, and myself have already voiced our agreement. RogueJedi and Anath are speaking interest as well. I only have five conreted characters for my plot. I will, however, allow a few more to be created. Not many more, though.

Are you planning a system game or freeform, and which forum would it fit into? My vote is for NC-E. ;)

I'm also wondering what roles from your core cast idea are taken? I'd love to play a twi'lek padawan, but I'd be okay with playing a non-Force type, like a pilot maybe, or something, if you don't want anymore Jedi.

Galatea88

This was intended to be a freeform game and it's a vanilla exotic.

Well, I have ideas for two Padawans, both human in theory. I have a spot for a twi'lek master, though. I am completely willing to negotiate.

Anathanasia

Nah, I think I'll pass then. It's looking to be too far from the sorts of things I like.

Best of luck with it, regardless. :)

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 27, 2008, 07:52:26 PM

Just wanted to double check :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

What do we have in terms of characters so far? Is it to be 4 jedi (2 knights / 2 padawans? master / knight / 2 padawans? other?) as the core characters, others as jedi or non jedi?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

Well, The core so far is 2 Padawan and theirs masters. The masters can be either masters or knights, whichever the player prefers. There is also a rogue jedi knight/master and his men.

HairyHeretic

Well, I don't have any idea the ratio of knights to masters, but I'd guess master / knight / 2 padawans would seem to make the most sense (at least to me). Anyone laid claim to any of the roles yet? If not, I'd like to call the Knight. I'll sort out race, character, prefered lightsaber fighting style and other skills once I know what's available.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

Well, I love the Padawan role. I had the idea that the Padawans might be fighting confused feeling for each other. I came up with a character named Dun Rellis and I think I'd like to play as him. The rest our up for grabs.

HairyHeretic

Ok, I can work up a Knight, or even the Master if no one else wants that one. Might go for something different to a Twi'lek, if you're ok with that?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

Ya, it's fine. I was just talking about my original vision for it.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 27, 2008, 06:34:39 PM
I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to google a list of the different aliens on some SW site or other.

Currently I'm playing a Zabrack noble in our pen and paper game (Darth Mauls race, but without the red and black sith makeup), prior to that I had a Keldorian ambassador (the guys with the breathing mask / eyepieces).
I typically play a human. Sometimes, I've actually played combat droids, Grievus-esque. Ignore my spelling. I'm not bothering to google it yet.

Anyway, anything knew?

Galatea88

Well, I have now recriuted you (indeku), hairy, and gideonblake. So there is 4 people.

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 30, 2008, 05:52:36 PM
Well, I have now recriuted you (indeku), hairy, and gideonblake. So there is 4 people.
I have a question. I usually like being a gray Jedi. If you know what those are.

Galatea88

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 30, 2008, 05:59:17 PM
Uhhh, no. What is it?
They're typically force sensitives with light sabers, or Padwans that are cut but still have talent to use their gift without formal training. Not Jedi or Sith but somwhere in the middle. Hence the gray part.

Galatea88

Oh, well, I'm trying to think if we can make that work in a way that makes. If we can fit in in, sure.

HairyHeretic

Maybe approach it from the other side? Someone who developed the powers, learned how to use them (to some degree) but was never found and trained by the Jedi til age X. They've now been taken on as a Padawan, having some degree of jedi powers, but not the rest of the training they'd have received learning from the order.

That sound a possibility?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

HairyHeretic

Another possibility is that they were found and raised by someone who had been thrown out of / left the Jedi Order ... again, they get the force training, but not the rest. Their master then <insert suitable plot twist> and they were found and taken in by the Jedi.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 30, 2008, 06:31:39 PM
Another possibility is that they were found and raised by someone who had been thrown out of / left the Jedi Order ... again, they get the force training, but not the rest. Their master then <insert suitable plot twist> and they were found and taken in by the Jedi.
I like that one. I can work with that!

Galatea88

Ohhh....*Jumps up and down* Yay! I likey...  :D

Inkidu

Could he be found and raised on an outer rim world by a force sensitive, then found by a Jedi?

Galatea88

Which character are talking about? Hairy's character?

Inkidu

I thought he was helping me with my character  ???

Galatea88

Inkidu

I think we are. Jeez where's Hairy when you need him.

Galatea88

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 30, 2008, 09:58:17 PM
lol. Tell me about it.
We can get it sorted out tomorrow. I'm off to hit the hay.

Galatea88

JadeCore

*waves hand*

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page - Star Wars Wiki. Pretty extensive, though not being a really big buff, I'm not sure how much so. But pretty extensive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Force-based_organizations - Something of note for Inkedu, a list of a lot of force-based organizations of various interests. In particular, if you want to have something that is somewhat Jedi-ish but not a traditional Jedi, the Jensaarai ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jensaarai ) might fit very well.

The Jensaarai are, essentially, a blend of Sith and Jedi teachings and practices. Originally, they were a group of Jedi who followed one that had started to become seduced by Dark Side literature. Some of which accused Jedi of being the aggressors and evil, flipping the roles of Sith and Jedi. Before the leader could be fully turned and before the followers could be fully turned and taught, the leaders were killed by Jedi and most of the material destroyed. The only leadership that arose was the wife of an apprentice who had partial knowledge of Sith and Jedi teachings, the former lacking enough in the Force aspects to prevent anything dark-side. One of their distinctive aspects is that where Jedi emphasize their lightsabre, Jensaarai (who still make and use lightsabres) place the same emphasize on their Sith-based armor. So you have a Force-user with a lightsabre wearing Sith armor balancing the light and dark side with some unique powers of their own.

Being Jensaarai would allow you to be Force-based and have that training without getting into one of the more obscure Force organizations while retaining enough Jedi-ishness that having some wouldn't cause (major) internal disruption to the group (like say, a Dark Witch would as walking around with a rancor all the time probably isn't always easy in the general SW universe) or limited capabilities/funky contrivances to balance out the differences (most Force organizations don't use anything like a lightsabre).

HairyHeretic

Hairy was in bed, asleep, given he's in the GMT timezone. I was making suggestions for Inkedu and his grey jedi. I'll be playing a normal member of the Order, either the Knight or the Master.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 02:03:30 AM
Hairy was in bed, asleep, given he's in the GMT timezone. I was making suggestions for Inkedu and his grey jedi. I'll be playing a normal member of the Order, either the Knight or the Master.
That's what we figured. Thanks though.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sagittary on July 31, 2008, 12:28:53 AM
*waves hand*

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page - Star Wars Wiki. Pretty extensive, though not being a really big buff, I'm not sure how much so. But pretty extensive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Force-based_organizations - Something of note for Inkedu, a list of a lot of force-based organizations of various interests. In particular, if you want to have something that is somewhat Jedi-ish but not a traditional Jedi, the Jensaarai ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jensaarai ) might fit very well.

The Jensaarai are, essentially, a blend of Sith and Jedi teachings and practices. Originally, they were a group of Jedi who followed one that had started to become seduced by Dark Side literature. Some of which accused Jedi of being the aggressors and evil, flipping the roles of Sith and Jedi. Before the leader could be fully turned and before the followers could be fully turned and taught, the leaders were killed by Jedi and most of the material destroyed. The only leadership that arose was the wife of an apprentice who had partial knowledge of Sith and Jedi teachings, the former lacking enough in the Force aspects to prevent anything dark-side. One of their distinctive aspects is that where Jedi emphasize their lightsabre, Jensaarai (who still make and use lightsabres) place the same emphasize on their Sith-based armor. So you have a Force-user with a lightsabre wearing Sith armor balancing the light and dark side with some unique powers of their own.

Being Jensaarai would allow you to be Force-based and have that training without getting into one of the more obscure Force organizations while retaining enough Jedi-ishness that having some wouldn't cause (major) internal disruption to the group (like say, a Dark Witch would as walking around with a rancor all the time probably isn't always easy in the general SW universe) or limited capabilities/funky contrivances to balance out the differences (most Force organizations don't use anything like a lightsabre).
I wasn't thinking along the lines of an actual organization more of a hermit deal. Because I mean there are tones of races attuned to the Force without being part of the Jedi or Sith. Iridonians (spelling unchecked.) are force sensitives but they may or may not join the Order. They'd be too herd oriented to do a hermit thing though.
Just brainstorming, thanks for the info though I'll take a look at it.

HairyHeretic

I've a copy of the old Aliens sourcebook for the d20 (non saga edition). Want me to dig you out a list of notable force sensitive alien types?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 02:34:06 PM
I've a copy of the old Aliens sourcebook for the d20 (non saga edition). Want me to dig you out a list of notable force sensitive alien types?
Sure thanks.

Galatea88

Wow. Ya'll are all going all out on this. Sweetness!

HairyHeretic

Miraluka - near human, the entire race is blind, but can 'see' through the force.

Quermian - gangly humanoids, 4 arms, 2 legs, clawed feet, small bodies but 1.6 - 2.3 meters tall. Seems to have racial telepathy (doesn't extend to other species)

Arcona - cold blooded humanoids, triangular heads, large sparkly eyes, 3 taloned hands. 1.7 - 2m tall. Salt is a narcotic to them.

Bimm - Short (1 - 1.5m) humanoids, large ears. Very fond of stories, lots of jedi lore available

Elomin - Tall (1.6 - 1.9m) humanoids with 4 horns on their heads, and pointed ears. Reddish skin tone.

Ikotchi - Humanoids with 2 large downward curving horns on the sides of their heads, the entire species seems to have limited precog abilities

Kel Dorians - Orangy skinned humanoids, they wear breathing masks and eye coverings, as their atmoshpere is unique.

Zabrak - Darth Mauls species, less the sith makeup :)

Twi'leks - You should be familiar enough with those

While Jedi can come from most races, these ones seem to have them turn up more frequently (Humans also have a fair few jedi)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 05:01:59 PM
Miraluka - near human, the entire race is blind, but can 'see' through the force.

Quermian - gangly humanoids, 4 arms, 2 legs, clawed feet, small bodies but 1.6 - 2.3 meters tall. Seems to have racial telepathy (doesn't extend to other species)

Arcona - cold blooded humanoids, triangular heads, large sparkly eyes, 3 taloned hands. 1.7 - 2m tall. Salt is a narcotic to them.

Bimm - Short (1 - 1.5m) humanoids, large ears. Very fond of stories, lots of jedi lore available

Elomin - Tall (1.6 - 1.9m) humanoids with 4 horns on their heads, and pointed ears. Reddish skin tone.

Ikotchi - Humanoids with 2 large downward curving horns on the sides of their heads, the entire species seems to have limited precog abilities

Kel Dorians - Orangy skinned humanoids, they wear breathing masks and eye coverings, as their atmoshpere is unique.

Zabrak - Darth Mauls species, less the sith makeup :)

Twi'leks - You should be familiar enough with those

While Jedi can come from most races, these ones seem to have them turn up more frequently (Humans also have a fair few jedi)
A Miraluka would work for his master (Going to have passed on anyway.) but (Depending on the time period. Wern't they all wiped out.

HairyHeretic

I don't see anything in the (admittedly short) description about that species being wiped out at any point. There were one or two others who got pretty nastily knocked about though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 05:40:09 PM
I don't see anything in the (admittedly short) description about that species being wiped out at any point. There were one or two others who got pretty nastily knocked about though.
I remember something in Knights of the Old Republic II about them getting wiped out, but that doesn't mean there can be a few still around. What's the time frame?

HairyHeretic

This came from the Power of the Jedi d20 sourcebook, so I'd presume movies era. Definitely post KOTOR. Its, what, several thousand years pre movie era?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 05:48:40 PM
This came from the Power of the Jedi d20 sourcebook, so I'd presume movies era. Definitely post KOTOR. Its, what, several thousand years pre movie era?
Eh well we've got my first master, now who's to play my Jedi Order master?

HairyHeretic

If no one else wants to step up, I can take the Master role, though I'd prefer to let someone else be in charge :)

I'll hopefully have time tomorrow to work up my own character concept.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Well, if no one else wants to take the Master role, I guess I can.

Master Gaidan Har Cyon is Jedi healer from Corellia, and a human. He is in his late 30s, and has been serving the Order as far back as he can remember. The Healing talent is a fairly rare one, and was discovered during his padawan training was under the Twi'lek Master Meiro Toomad. His padwan training complete, he underwent further intensive study with the reclusive Krevaaki Master Ordo Mal'uss. He has only been granted the rank of master within the last 2 years. He had not intended to take a padawan of his own so soon, but after finding <Insert name here> he felt he could not leave the Miraluka to his (?) own devices, and brought him along.

Amongst his skills are the following:
K'tara mastery: a martial art that specialises in disarming and stunning an opponent.
Form 3 lightsaber style, which specilises in deflecting blaster shots
Malacia - The ability to cause nausea and dizziness in another being, without any long lasting harmfull effects.

Master Har Cyon much prefers that any situation not come to violence, and if it does, that it be ended with as little harm as possible (to either side), hence his martial training focusing where it has.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Do we have a definite time period because I'm going to need it before I start railing of info.

HairyHeretic

I believe its around the start of the Clone Wars, or a little before that.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

(Okay here's what I've been working on. Oh and I looked it up It was a Miraluka colony that was wiped out, not their home planet.)

Marrik Ryn was an infant aboard an exploration ship the republic had sent to the Outer-Rim world of Trigalis. Where it was wiped out by the local predators. The little baby human was saved by Rysis Mar. A Miraluka hermit, who came to Trigalias to become closer to the Force.
Finding baby Marrik in the wreckage of the exploration vessel he took it upon himself to raise the human child.
Master Mar soon found out that the child had an affinity to the Force. Thus began his informal training in its ways.
At thirteen while exploring the wet home world. Marrik found a cave containing a few lightsaber crystals.

Oblivious to what they were at the time he brought them back to his master and with some parts from the derelict ship. Marrik soon found himself in possession of a lightsaber. At eighteen the first sorrows of life truly struck. His master died, of old-age. Marrik gave him a traditional Jedi funeral. He was forced to stay on Trigalis for another year before being found by Master Cyon, and taken back to the Jedi Temple to complete his eccentric training.

Marrik is tall and lithe. He is well muscled from years of his jungle home. He has tan skin and short brown hair (Now sporting a Padwan braid to his disdain.) He has sharp gray eyes and a feral look about him. He typically wears homemade robs of his own. They are done in a Jedi-esque fashion. They are not as heavy as Jedi robes because of his home world's humid climate. They are done in gray and pale green. He also wears more leather than a regular Jedi. Including bracers, belts, and shin guards. His lightsaber is an old dueling model with a curved handle and a yellow blade.

Marriks skills:

In lightsaber combat Marrik is extremely good. Years of practicing with a live lightsaber instead of a burnsaber like most young Jedi made him very refined. Needless to say his style doesn't look refined. His style doesn't deflect laser fire as well but in saber to saber combat his style is full of feints and traps, wild motions and strange motions.

In Force ability: Marikk lacks much refinement. He can't use many powers beyond the core ones (Push, pull, speed, jump, mind trick.)
Even those he tend to be inefficient in he uses too much or too little power. Often over calculation his jumps or pushing something too far.
Force powers he can use are force wave but it's taxing.

HairyHeretic

You're playing a human and not a Miraluka then? I'll need to tweak my bio a little then.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 03, 2008, 08:25:59 AM
You're playing a human and not a Miraluka then? I'll need to tweak my bio a little then.
Yeah I thought it would be neat to do, and I normally play humans anyway. I like the idea, having two masters with different teaching strategies ingrained within one student as well.

Galatea88

Whoa! Wow, guys. Sorry, I was gone for a few days. I am taouch and go with my internet as of late. I am confused as to what's going on now though. Can I get a short recap on your progress?

HairyHeretic

We have short bios worked up (mine needs tweaking) for a Master and a Padawan.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

RedEve

If you're still recruiting members for this roleplay, I'd love to play a Zeltron force sensitive. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

HairyHeretic

Are you talking about someone whose force sensitivity / powers are just starting to appear?

I think Galatea was looking for some more Jedi (definitely another padawan and Knight, though I think she had dibs on the padawan) ... not sure what else is up for grabs.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 05, 2008, 01:25:05 PM
Are you talking about someone whose force sensitivity / powers are just starting to appear?

I think Galatea was looking for some more Jedi (definitely another padawan and Knight, though I think she had dibs on the padawan) ... not sure what else is up for grabs.
I think she means like Iridonians. They're sensitive to the nature of the force but lack many things such as force manipulation.

RedEve

No, I actually meant an untrained force sensitive.

However I guess I could turn my Zeltron into a Master or Padawan instead.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

HairyHeretic

The Force Sensitive might be doable, I'm not sure what Galatea has in mind. Best wait for her to comment.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

Well, I do have an idea for two Padawans. I'll pick one depending on the outcome of everyone else's picks though.

I am still lookig for recuits, Red.I am actually not familiar with Zeltons, either. I'm not sure how this works...

HairyHeretic

I know one from the Legacy comics, but the wookiepedia seems to give a fair description of them.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cobra

Hey, I'm not to keen on all the stuff except the movies of course (my brother is the big SW fan in the family).  But I'd be willing to give it a shot.  Would I be able to play a Sith?

Galatea88

Umm, well, there is no Sith in the card that I am holding at the moment...well, actually. A Sith could be using the rogue Jedi, I quess. Wow, now my own staory is up for rewrites like craxy, haha.

Okay, Hairy, I'll check it out.

Kai

I've always been a sucker for Demons and always enjoy a good demon roleplay.
I'd like to ask you what your ideas for a demon roleplay would be, since mine would be based off a game I absolutely love playing.

HairyHeretic

You sure you're in the right thread there mate?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

lol. Yes, Hairy. I mentioned that I like immortals as well. I'm a fine mix. Fantasy and sci-fi are my two great loves. AS well as love.

Well, I have many different ideas and views on Demons, Kai. It varies on how i feel at the time. I'll be anywhere from InuYasha to heaven vx hell and anywhere in between.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

lol. It's okay, Hairy. I am just proud to be weird and unique.

HairyHeretic

I've no issues with that. Considering we had 3 pages of Star Wars talk, the demons just took me somewhat by surprise was all :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Speaking of Star Wars. How far are we from starting?

Galatea88

Well, you and Hairy already have your chars, if I remember right. If you two could send them to me, I think you two are the most consistant on the topic. We can start our own game. I'll leave this topic open but I think we are going to be it. That being said, either another topic with just the three of us or PMs would help keep the hashing a bit more organized. What do you say?

Inkidu

Lets do our own topic. I don't like the idea of doing it over PM.

Galatea88

Galatea88

Okay. I'll go ahead and make the topic. I'll modify this post with the link. Be back in a second.

EDIT:
Okay that was more than a second, I'm sorry.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19329.new#new

HairyHeretic

An OOC thread for the game would probably serve best. I'm about to scoot out to work right now, but talk later.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Galatea88

So, I wonder if this topic is going to die now?