Asian Fantasy [Crimson Fortune] - Recruiting Thread

Started by Esoteric Myobi, January 24, 2010, 10:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Due to a key player disappearing, this game had come to a stop. A handful of the players from this previous game would hate to see it die (myself included) and have reached a mutual conclusion that it may be easiest to start over fresh with new players as well.

Just a few notes that should be taken by those who may be interested:

• This will not be a first come first serve basis. Characters will be approved and I will be looking for players with a certain level of literacy as well as consistency when it comes to posting. Also, asking that players provide enough in a post that will give others plenty to work with in response. It's quite difficult to make something out of nothing after all. =)
  • While everyone has muse issues and reality calls insistently from time to time, this is fine as long as other players are given a heads up ahead of time when extended absences are to be expected.
  • This will not be a fast paced game, if anything players probably should not expect to receive a response a day. Instead a gap of two to three days can be the norm, though after a week of nothing (as in no post, no OOC, and no PM answers) then that will probably be a problem. So if you know you are one who is a bit on the impatient side, this may not be the group for you. Or if you know that you tend to go AWOL or MIA quite often, then this may become a burden to others.

----------------History/Storyline------------------

Looking back in time, humans had always served under the mythological creatures. They possessed more power and more intellect, however as time went on some of these mythological creatures found themselves curious to experience the human lifestyle. Disguising themselves as humans they mingled and a few even found themselves falling in love. Unfortunately, the humans did not take kindly to these mythological creatures intruding upon their lives. They drove them away, sometimes even resorting to violence. As a result, wars waged between the two though more often than not, the humans suffered greatly compared to the few mythological creatures they were able to take down.

Over the centuries, the two came to an agreement and the mythological creatures became deities. Eventually as peace resumed, many forgot about their 'deities' and in a rage they soon made their presences known once again. War would have inevitably started once again if it were not for those of mixed descent stepping in. During the years of peace, many children carrying the blood of both a human and a mythological creature were born. Due to their mixed heritage they were able to speak for both sides, and an unsteady truce between the three were made.

Now, three noble houses have been established consisting the humans, mythological creatures, and those of mixed descent. While each house holds equal power, many times the mixed house is the one who has the final say when making decisions. This is due to the fact that the humans and the myths are still openly opposed to each other, while the mixed try their best to maintain the peace and choose what they feel will be best for the society.

During one of the monthly meetings, representatives from all three houses had gathered as usual to voice their opinions on the latest issues. Arguing and insults are not uncommon, however the human representative stepped out of line and insulted the Head of the mythological house. The myths, being very prideful and honorable creatures, were highly insulted, even more so that the insult had not been directed at the representative himself but his Lord. In a rage, the myth representative killed the human representative, knowing fully well that execution awaited him. The relationship between the three houses, which had always been shaky, is now full of tension, a taut string that would snap with another tug.

------------Background of Houses----------------

Human: I'm sure we all know how to play humans best. Greedy for power, jealous creatures who feel that they should be top dog. You get the idea. Although of course, not all the humans are this way. Basically, the human household feels as if they're being looked down upon by the other two houses due to the humans being the only ones without any special abilities. Rumors have it that the humans are tired of feeling oppressed by the other two houses and are striving for change...

Mixed:
These are the ones who are able to speak for both humans and mythological creatures. They're able to see both sides of the situation and both sides of an argument making them the best judges. As such, they're categorized as peace keepers, since that's literally what they do. Due to this, many times the Mixed household has the final say in decisions, causing them to have the most 'power' out of the three. Rumors have it that the mixed household is afraid that the myth household will one day overtake them from their position...

Myth: The most powerful out of the three houses when it comes to strength. They are extremely prideful and honorable creatures. While some can say that they are vain even, at the same time they are extremely understanding due to their age. There are not too many 'young' myths, due to the fact that the mythological creatures tend to reproduce very rarely, and usually always amongst themselves. Lately the only 'new' myths would have to be those in the mixed household.

---------------Positions------------------

This section will be updated as the spots are filled so please check back from time to time to see which spots are filled and which are still open. I will fill in the positions after they have been looked over and approved by me. Unfortunately, this will not be first come first serve. Instead, I will be looking for a certain level of literacy as well as a somewhat regular posting rate. This game will not be fast-paced in any way so don't expect more than one post a day at most from other players. Everyone can get caught up in life or be having muse issues and I hope everyone can respect that and give each other time to respond. :-)

Explanation and Clarification of Positions:

Note: For those interested in joining the Human House, please keep in mind that since we are trying to portray a more traditional side of Asian culture, the Human House being the most traditional of the three - I would prefer that the positions of Head, Adviser, and Captain be male characters. For the other two houses, this is a bit more lax as they are quite different and unique in their own ways.

• Head of the House - Pretty self-explanatory I think. This person is the head honcho of their house, all decisions and commands and whatnot are made final by them.
  • Lord/Lady - If the Head begins the game already married to another, then this person would assume the title of a Lord or Lady. Each house's situation is a bit different from the other so if you are interested in this spot please PM myself as well as the Head of that house to discuss details.
  • Advisers - Generally a position that is favored by males, they literally just advise the Head with suggestions and insight as to what decisions are available and what they feel would be the best move to take. Basically the Head's right hand man, then can be said to be second in command. All critical information goes through the adviser before it is sifted through and concentrated to report to the Head.
  • Head Servant - The person who basically runs the house (no, not the politics). Food, clothing, chores and the like are all handled and overseen by the Head Servant. They are also a servant exclusive to the Head: preparing their meals, clothes, etc...think personal maid/butler.
  • Captain - In charge of the military aspects of the house, their responsibilities extend to protecting the Head as well.
  • Commander - Second in command to the Captain, they are like an Adviser/Head Servant exclusive to the Captain.

Positions                                        Players

Head of Myth......................................Esoteric Myobi - Faye
Head of Mixed....................................Lord Drake - Tai Lung So
Head of Humans................................Remiel - Xeng Xaifang

Adviser of Myth..................................Imogen - Zhuang Feng
Adviser of Mixed.................................TamaRose - Ling Ying
Adviser of Humans.............................Lady Kitsune - Xiao Lian

HS of Mixed.......................................Cassiopeia - Kyla
HS of Humans...................................Aether - Seiji Kuro’iwa

Captain of Myth................................Shihong - Namazu
Captain of Mixed...............................Lady Kitsune - Jian Kai
Captain of Humans............................undisclosedtoyou - Hui-Fen Yeung Yan

Commander of Myth..........................Kunoichi - Cashmere

Past Adviser for Humans....................Esoteric Myobi - Hideko Ohkawa

---------------------Character Profiles-------------------------

Please keep in mind that I would like to keep this Asian themed, so for those of you choosing to be a Myth or a Mixed remember to choose from the appropriate mythologies. I will consider taking in mythological creatures from other regions but please PM me about it first and we can discuss how to work it into the story.

All characters will have a human appearance (thus the reason why this game is not considered 'exotic'), the only times that mythological creatures are able to change to their true appearance are for short intervals only. Also, while it's true that mythological creatures (mixed or not) have certain abilities, it is much weaker while they're in human form. This keeps power if not equal but at a manageable level between the houses =)

For those of you who may be having difficulty finding a mythological creature that suits your fancy, here are two links that are extremely helpful. Japanese Oriented or Chinese Oriented. You may stumble upon a few that are very similar to the other but that's fine. Most likely they have similar tales as well but due to the different cultures they go by different names. =)

Also, for those who feel that they are able, feel free to create and apply for a secondary character. There are quite a few positions to be filled (though the game can still move on with a few gaps if needed) and I'd prefer to keep the actual number of players small.

Name:
Race: (if not human, specify which Mythological creature you are)
Household: (Human/Mixed/Myth)
Position:
Weapons/Abilities: (We will be playing a free-form game, there is no particular system to be followed so things such as turns and stats do not need to be applied. Just keep in mind that since we are playing without any particular rules, abilities cannot be overpowered and try to limit yourself reasonably. Such as if a powerful attack was just executed you cannot possibly do the same a second later, and so on and so forth. If people end up dying in battle please work it out over PMs first so that the scene will be epic. ;D Let's try to keep the number of abilities limited to five. As for actual weapons, no more than three that are carried around regularly and one or two more than are usually stored away. [Also, meaning that five is the max.] Hope this keeps things fair for everyone.)
Appearance: (True Form, if applicable) (Human form) Don't feel pressured into having to find a picture, if you want to just type out a description that is more than welcome if not preferred. ;D
Personality:
Biography: (Please mention a brief history or background of your mythological creature [if applicable], or a simple link will do as well)

Any questions that need to be answered or issues that need clarification feel free to post them here or PM me and I will gladly answer to the best of my ability. =)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Still a work in progress, but I figured I'd put something up to give other's a general idea. ^^

Name: Faye
Race: Phoenix/Fenghuang
Household: Myth
Position: Lady of the House
Weapons/Abilities:
Manipulation of Fire- A being of passionate fire, Faye can often be seen to be sparking or if seriously angered, slightly flaming. Usually if this happens, her hair will take on a reddish tinge before flames begin to dance in her eyes. Creating fire and manipulating it to her will is a simple task for Faye and can vary from just a small flame to an erupting inferno.

Healing Capabilities- Underneath her many layers of frosty indifference, Faye still has the heart of a loving mother. It may be due to this, as well as her own cycle of rejuvenation, that she is a first rate healer. Whenever seeing someone hurt, either physically or emotionally, she can't help but reach out with a caring hand and try to heal them. Even when Faye herself is the one who may be lashing out with her sharp tongue, later on she finds herself regretting it and many times will awkwardly apologize.

Flight- As the ruler over all other feathered beings, flying is of course a natural gift. While in her human form, flaming wings sprout from her back, a miniature sized version of her actual wings in her true form. Upon closer inspection, it can be seen that underneath the veil of flickering flames emanating off the wings, these are actual feathers, albeit crimson tipped with varying colors of the rainbow.Since the majority of the feathers are varying shades of red to orange and yellow, it looks more like a flaming wing than a rainbow one.

Grace- While Faye is the most graceful when soaring through the skies, her fluid and lithe movements can also be seen while on the ground. Light on her feet, like so many other females of high repute, she excels in dancing and finds it to be an excellent distraction when needed.

Faye generally does not carry too many weapons with her, if at all. Instead, she tends to rely on the personal guard that is dedicated to protecting her as well as the Lord. If ever needed, she trusts that her own capabilities is more than enough to protect herself and make it to safety. However, she is skilled at using her chain whip and her dual chakrams. She tends to favor carrying her chain whip instead of the chakrams due to their large size. When carrying her chain whip, it is most often seen coiled loosely around her waist. Very much like a fancy belt. Other times, if caught while in the middle of performing or practicing, her dual metal fans can turn into a very handy weapon.

Appearance:
True Form: Fiery and free, Faye only feels truly at ease when in her true form. Although she can only stay as such for short periods of time it just makes her savor each second of it even more. In this form her abilities are at their peak and she is a being that demands both power and respect.

Human Form: Long, ebony hair reaching down past her waist carries the faintest tint of red. Faye likes to wear her hair mostly down with part of it up. She spends time adorning elaborate head pieces, threading it through her hair or just simply attaching it to the top and/or sides. Contrary to her impressive form as a Phoenix, while in her human form Faye can seem quite defenseless at times. Slight and petite, her long billowing robes tend to engulf her.  These robes tend to always include the colors of white, gold, red, orange, yellow, blue, or black. Her eyes are a soft, dewy brown, but it is not uncommon to see her eyes smoldering or flickering slightly, flecks of red and gold can sometimes make their way into the brown indicating just how irritated she is at the moment.

Personality:
Faye's personality may seem complex to some, but to others she's quite easy to figure out. Extremely proud and expecting to be treated as her status implies, she can be quick to anger if insulted in any way. Due to her status, she openly speaks her mind and while she chooses her words carefully depending on the situation, her words are always digging for the truth underneath. This can result in a heavy lashing from a sharp tongue, or if incited enough a few off season fires may suddenly spring to life.

Even so, Faye sees all of the Myth as her children and as such, will protect them to no end. This other side of her, caring and warm, goes back on her Phoenix nature. Though only so open with a very few, to others she may seem cold and even withdrawn as she keeps her thoughts mostly to herself.

Biography:
At the very beginning, the Phoenix and the Celestial Dragon had both been powerful entities. Neither one wanted to be viewed as weaker to the other in any way and neither wanted to share equal power either. Yin and Yang, the two were virtual opposites and yet they were more alike than they realized. Serving as messengers for the Celestial kingdom, the two continually butted heads with the other until the day that Faye received her new assignment - to continue to serve as a messenger while being a leader to the Myths on Earth.

Through the years, Faye had watched and learned as decades and then centuries passed, storing away the knowledge and observations gathered for later use. The Myths slowly formed under one house as she ruled, sometimes with fear and other times with compassion. It had taken many years for Faye to pick out her closest confidants and find people that she felt would be able to support the weight of the House on their shoulders. Yi Bao and her abilities had been essential to the House but as they spent more time together a friendship slowly blossomed. Now, there are times when Yi is privy to seeing a much different side to the Phoenix than what she shows the rest of the world, though even these are rare in occasion.

Coming to terms with the other two Houses was never an easy task, resulting in either inevitable hate or a grudging respect, the Human House clashes with them the most. Is it due to the humans being unable to look past her gender? Or is it just a fear of what she really is despite appearances? Of what the House really is?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Thanks for the interest TamaRose. =)

Any questions you need answered or details you need clarified feel free to ask, otherwise I'm quite open to receiving character profiles to be looked over and accepted.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lord Drake

Name: Tai Lung So
Apparent Age: 27
Race: Human/oni breed
Household: Mixed
Position: Lord of the Mixed

Weapons:
Scolopender: a 7' long lacerator whip made of blessed steel
Meibatsu (Divine Retribution): Unbreakable katana, symbol of the mixed house and always in possession of the appointed lord

He does not carry weapons other than that and he rarely uses the katana at all despite being skilled at it, his weapons of choice being either his body or his whip. He owns a bo staff and a  nunchaku he can use, and as a meditation technique he has become skilled in the use of the long bow, too.

Abilities:
Tai Lung's wushu: Tai Lung is the epitome of the warrior monk and a master of Equilibrium and Balance. He is fluid and always self-centered so much that is extremely difficult to catch him by surprise and make him fall over. He can fight and stand in almost any position and his most dreaded technique with his lacerator whip is executed with him standing in perfect equilibrium of one of his feet's tiptoes.

He masters the flood of the Ki and can use it as a weapon, meaning that his bare handed hits can have much more effect than normal on the defenses of supernatural beings (this does not mean instant death or things like that, simply assume that he can hurt with his fists people that normally would seem not likely to be hurt). Also he is a master of the 'pressure point' techniques although these tend to be less effective on myths. He is also extremely resistent to pain.

When in 'true form' he gains greater strength and speed and with his techniques becomes able to tackle in hand to hand combat and put under stress the strongest of the exponents of the other houses. He also gains immunity to fire due to his Fire Oni's heritage when he is in true form.

He is also an accomplished callygraph, and also a blacksmith. He still likes to do manual labors from time to time to clear his mind. Also he is accomplished at etiquette, having been educated to become a proper Lord.

Orientation: Straight.

Appearance:
His true form is split in half... dark and human-looking on his right side, he is oni-like on the left side of his body. His human form is simply.. fully human.

Personality:
Extremely self-balanced also in his soul, he believes in equal rights for everyone. He is normally self controlled and rational and always the mediator.. at times, his twin natures take hold of him, though and he is prone to flows of the warmest gentlenes as well as to fits of murderous rage. He is extremely loyal to his household and he will work for its better good first and foremost. He takes his duty as lord really seriously and does not admit lack of dedication in himself first, and in his underlings next. He strives to be a just and equanimous ruler, avoiding the too good and too bad sides of his soul to sway him from the right path.

Tai Lung is an extremely focused person due to an exausting inner discipline. He keeps his twin selfes well balanced when in public and he remains cold and matter-of-fact while he relaxes a bit while in private. While relaxing, to mantain equilibrium in his soul he spends the same time indulging in his gentle and quiet human nature as he spends being fiery and temperamental oni-like.

IMPORTANT: we are talking here about a dual nature and NOT a dual personality there is a subtle difference but important nonetheless. Tai Lung remains always himself and is not schizoprenic or something.

Biography:
Tai Lung has been the offspring of a rape perpetuated by a fire oni on a female human on a nearby village. The monstrous child born out of that union was given to a travelling human monk with which Tai Lung grew up and stayed until his death. The monk tutored him in the way of the Balance and made him understand how to bridle up his duplicitous nature.. since the boy was prone to fit of terrible, murderous violence when his Oni eritage took the upper hand. With time, Tai Lung reached nearly-utter mastery of his twin nature and after the death of his tutor, he set upon seeing the world by himself... he learned about the houses and was welcomed in the Mixed household, of hich he soon took the position of Lord given his great power and, more than that, the fact that he was the living example of the balance that that house was seeking.
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Kizurin

Name: Yi Bao
Race: Xiezhi, creature of justice
Position: Adviser and unofficial judge in the House.

Weapons:
Naginata. It is a weapon that suites Yi the best. She had tried many weapons and styles and with this, she can fight well against short ranged, middle ranged and long ranged attacks. It is perfect for her. Though when she walks around the House, rarely Yi carries that large weapon with herself. The weapon has a dragon painted on the blade.

Tai Chi Sword.
This is a weapon that Yi carries most of time, though she is mediocre in its usage, but can hold her ground. The sword has charm which serves as extra reminder and help in restraining herself when she is about to loose her cool because of insulting lies.

Abilities:
Fire Eater - It is as much as ability as a danger. Xiezhi is a fire eater. Each day she has to eat certian amount of fire (two plates/bowls). Often she takes small bites of the fire from any kind of fire. Be it  a candle, fireplace, or other decorative illumination. Sometimes, the creature would eat the fire from herself. If the Lady of the House would be angered, Yi would be more then happy to eat the fire which would be created. Interestingly enough, the fire produced by the Lady has some calming effects on Yi, so she occasionally goes to the Lady Faye asking for some when Yi is angered by too many lies.

Truth Seer - A trait, which makes Xiezhi so scary. It allows to immediately distinguish lie from truth. Good from evil and virtue from defect. She can tell if someone is lying, but that does not mean she knows the truth, only that that someone is lying. Only in her true form, Xiezhi is able to see the truth.

Instinct Rein - Xiezhi is a creature of justice. As such she judged many humans and Myths alike, appearing mostly when one was misjudged near her. However years as adviser, made it prudent to not act upon her instincts and immediately punish the liars. For that Yi trained herself in holding back her immediate reaction to punish the ones that deserve it, instead finding means to settle it in more quiet and discreet manner, after she finished calming herself enough (most of times by calligraphy) to not ram the person on her horn or act not accordingly to her position.

The Blur - Ability that surprisingly is only in her human form. It causes her edges to be blurry. Or anything that she would touch would get its edges blurry. Same with the clothes, weapons or someone else she would hold. It is a combat skill that helps Xiezhi gain an upper hand, by confusing opponent just where her weapon will strike or where she will move next.

Personality: Xiezhi always was a gentle, kind and nice creature. Unless you lie that is. While no longer she gets as furious as years and years before at lying, Yi still greatly dislikes lies and those who tell them, no matter who they are. Instead of lying she would stay quiet. The years it has lived along humans and Myths gained her deep insight, though still she thinks of humans as lower race, mostly because they lie way too much for Yi's liking. Yet because their lives are so short and they are aware of it, she enjoys from time to time watching from afar the intensity with which they live.

The position she holds, caused it to change a little the way she deals with things. Being far more lenient with lairs that she was in its old times. With strong sense of justice and inability to lie to her it is no wonder that the adviser is often sought out as person to end a conflict within a household. It is somewhat her unofficial role, which suits her just fine. After all Yi enjoys peace and justice.

Orientation:
...Straight?

Appearance:
Human Form: In a way Yi looks androgynous. While she is essentially a female, it is hard to grasp at first. Not only she looks like neither woman nor man, but also tends to shift from talking like men, through like a woman, on talking like neither ending. Or wear clothes that are mostly worn by men, simply because she can. It is mostly caused by the fact that for the most of her life Xiezhi had no need for gender and only lately decided on one definite gender. She is also tall, often towering over people without even meaning to, but height of nearly six feet does that to people who are more often then not, far shorter. Unlike in her True Form, her skin here is pale, never getting darker from sun. Eyes are also different - blue instead of yellow. Rarely she lets her hair out of the bun, aside when taking baths or sleeping. She was no fighter originally, though then had to learn, so she can hold her ground quite well if she possesses her naginata.

True Form: True form of Xiezhi is one that is hard to define well. It is both a dragon and goat, as well an unicorn. Because of that, in the end this creatures posses three horns: one in middle of forehead, the longest and most magical one, as well two from the goat part of it looks. The scales are hard and tough, while the fur seems to be (and is) made out of fire, which can prove to be self destructive. She is not big in this form; compared to most Myths she is actually quite small - in size of a medium horse.

Biography: At first the Xiezhi did not have a gender. There was no meaning for it. It does not remember the exact time it appeared, not even sure how it came to live. It just was there. Moving from Celestial plane to the other world. It could detect lies, whenever told by Myth or mere animal peasant... And later human, and after deities. Seeing the wrong simply irked it. So it started changing it. Judging. It was simple. It could always tell a lie. And tell when someone spoke the truth. It was far smaller then most Myths. It was just a size of regular horse. And had to eat fire.

But still, it continued.

It does not remember when exactly it first changed into human form. Nor even why. It has been ages of things that continued over and over again. She does remember that it was not far different from what it looked many, many years later.

Humans were always odd creatures to it. They quarrelled over little things, refused to admit they are wrong over little things. But still, it judged. It did not matter to it who it was. Was it a powerful Myth or a weak human... When it lied, Xiezhi said so. Then again some Myths were a wonder too. It itself was a wonder to it too. What was it? Why there was no one like it?

When some human offended it greatly with the lie, it pierced it with horn, or bit, to remind to not to do so. It did so even with some Myths. But not everyone liked it. And then Xiezhi had to learn to fight, it learned it could die. It was surprisingly easier to survive and fight in the human shape. So it started staying longer and longer in it. And as time passed it was getting more comfortable to stay on both legs. And so it wandered over the continent in human form with Naginata, to protect itself.

And it still judged. Humans, or Myths alike.. Then the occasional half-breeds. But it was getting harder - it was no fighter, at least not really. Not compared to other Myths. Somewhere then it has chosen to take an actual name. Yi, justice. The wars were an odd thing. While humans died in numbers, they also reproduced in numbers. Yi Bao never took too active part in the war. At least not at first.

Which almost caused its demise before it was sought out and meet a Myths it knew and met at some point of it long life. It might have even told her if she lied. It was not sure. A Phoenix. She was a beautiful and odd creature. She was a fire that healed and hurt those that angered her. Sometimes the Phoenix was right. Other times not. And the Phoenix spoke to it, saying what she wanted from it. Yi did think of it. Long and hard. The humans were dangerous and odd creatures... And if anything, it enjoyed more Myths then humans. And so it agreed.

Though it was not easy in the end, no  in the beginning. Though during years it mellowed, especially during the war, it still was easily offended with lies. So it found herself a hobby and used its powers and wisdom to help around the House. And the Phoenix fire did calm her down too. And so it continued staying with her and her children, slowly starting to be also a judge in the household, simply because it suited and worked the best. It took.. Years, if not longer, to achieve the self-control needed so that it could meet the people... And Mixed. It became the official Advisor.

It liked the Head of the House. Faye was an interesting creature. Fiery Lady that acted like Mother to all. It was odd, but nice, to be treated like a child. Still, it did not like lies. The Xiezhi proved to be loyal and good advisor, that took into consideration everything and its ability to see through lies was an useful trait, which is why it is nearly impossible to plant a spy into the House as Yi sooner or later meets any 'new' addictions to the House. Years passed. Humans and Mixed changed. House Heads changed. Wars and fights came and ended.

The creature respect for its Head of the House was so great, that Yi decided to assume an actual gender. A female gender. Though even with such gender her looks almost did not change. Not outwardly and though it has been near century since she assumed the actual gender, some outside the household (and sometimes even in the household) are unaware of this. And even now, she often forgets that it is now a female. Thousands of years living as an it are to blame, but so is the fact that truly, Yi  dos not think of itself as herself. Not completely at least. Not mentally.

It is also possible that now she knows many, many things about households that it never told anyone else... Partly because she is not sure, the lies and truth she could detect, but if someone only lied... The truth she was unable to confirm... And partly because apparently some things are better left unknown, or not spoken about.. Which is why her appetite for fire is growing. Especially now, as the heavy clouds seem to gather over the peace, Yi will continue her role as Advisor and continue supporting the Phoenix.
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

TamaRose

I am working on my characters profile and I was wondering if there can be more then one Lady of the House.If not what do you think I could make her since she is a mixture of three races.I want her to be of importance but not really head of anything major,since she is one who likes to sit back and take everything in and give advice instead of actually leading.Plus,sorry it's taking so long.My brain is tired.lol

Kunoichi

Well, I'll be tossing Cash back into the fray. ^^ Though, this time around, she's got a significantly different position within the Myth House...

Name: Cashmere ('Cash' for short)
Race: Nekomata ('forked-tailed cat')
Position: Commander of Myth
Weapons/Abilities:
Ghostly Fire - An illusory flame Cash can conjure, said to be composed of the souls of the dead.  While it does burn things somewhat, the main use of these floating orbs of flame are to light the way in dark places and to draw in the unwary.

Shapechanging - While Cash has the ability to change her shape, in her human form this power is far more limited.  She can disguise herself as another person, or give herself more outlandish features, such as changing her hair to odd colors and turning her ears into those of a cat, or giving herself a tail.  In her true form, this power becomes far greater, allowing her to take on wildly different forms, disguise herself as anyone or anything.  Only disguise, however.  She doesn't take on any of their powers or special properties.

Dream Travel - When she wishes to, Cash can astrally-project herself into other peoples' dreams.  She had to be within a few meters of them for this ability to work, and all she can do is appear to them and interact with them.  In her human form, while she can attack the person whose dream she's in, the damage is purely mental in nature, and thus not real.  In her true form, however, any damage she does to them in the dream is also taken by them in real life.

Eating - Nekomata are known for having voracious appetites.  They are said to be able to easily eat things much larger than them, and to even be able to ingest poison without any ill effects whatsoever.

Necromantic Magic - Speaking with dead spirits. Resurrecting corpses under her control.  Curses.  Flight.  These are four basic talents of necromancy that Cash has learned, and while her talents are much weaker in human form, (only being able to raise and control a single corpse, for example, rather than, say, a small army in her true form,) they are still strong enough to be useful outside of direct combat.

Overall, Cashmere is a Myth with some potent talents.  These talents don't give her much in the way of direct combat ability, however.  In a straight-up fight, she can do little more than rely on her troops.
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Cash's Human Form
Her true form is simply a large, silver-furred cat with a forked tail and yellow eyes.
Personality: Cash is, for lack of a better word, 'catty'. That is to say, she's 'Subtly cruel or malicious; spiteful', and holds a grudge like nobody's business. She has a voracious appetite, and particularly likes the taste of fugu fish.
Biography: The mythological being known as Cashmere originally came into life as nothing more than a common, ordinary housecat. Her owners never cut her tail short, however, and so when she lived significantly longer than other cats, reaching the ripe old age of 13, she underwent a startling transformation. Her tail forked in two, she grew in size and gained the ability to walk on two legs, and she was thus reborn as a fearsome creature known as a Nekomata. She joined the household of mythological beings sometime after her owners were driven to insanity by mysterious and disturbing dreams.

Initially entering the household as a vassal of extremely low rank, she managed to work her way up the ranks over the few years she was there, eventually settling into the position of second-in-command to the Captain of the House's military forces after making an excellent case that her abilities made her extremely well-suited to a command position.  It didn't exactly hurt that the military officer she was replacing was forced to retire after suffering from a series of disturbing recurring nightmares...

Esoteric Myobi

TamaRose, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. At the moment, there is only one Lady and she is paired with the Human Head. It sounds as if your character would belong in the Mixed House? Though I'm not completely sure since you didn't specify what she was a mix of. If you would like to be a Lady for the Mixed House then you should probably PM Lord Drake to see whether or not her agrees.

As for a rather laid back sort of position that still has power....in a way all of the positions listed are kind of like that. They each hold a special status in the house, but whether or not they do their work is really their own business (as well as whomever they may be most closely related to). But if I were to choose, I would probably pick Commander?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Remiel

Name:  Xeng Xaifang
Race:  Human
Household: Human
Position: Lord of the Human House
Weapons/Abilities:
Xeng Xaifang carries a katana, Lu Bei, and a wakizashi, Cao Cao. Both have been in his family for 23 generations, passed down from father to eldest son.

He is an accomplished swordsman, and a shrewd tactician.  Knowing full well that he is no match for his Mythological counterparts in direct combat, he is not above using bribery, extortion, trickery, ambush and surprise tactics in order to capitalize on his opponents' weaknesses.  He controls a well-disciplined spy network, and it is rumoured he has sold part of his soul to oni, or evil spirits, in return for the ability to practice black magic.

Orientation: Straight. 

Appearance: Of average height, with a shaved head and a beard.  His expression is stern, unyielding, uncompromising.  Largely physically unremarkable, he rarely appears without his armor.

Personality: Xeng Xaifang is cold, calculating, and ruthless in battle.  He has little patience for disloyalty, and will tirelessly seek to punish those he believes have betrayed him.  On the other hand, he has been known to generously reward loyalty.  A traditionalist by nature, he believes women, though possessed of many fine attributes, do not have the mental fortitude or capability for leadership, and holds contempt for those who bow to one.  He possesses a keen rationalist and humanist philosophy, and believes that the Myths, as spiritual beings, are relics of an ancient and bygone era, who will eventually become obsolete.

Biography: Long ago, his ancestors ruled the human kingdom; the Xeng dynasty was a period of technological and philosophical sophistication.  Those glory days are long past, however, and it has been many years since a Xeng sat on the throne of the Human house.    The oldest son of a daimyo, or warlord, Xaifang swore to return honor and glory to the name of his ancestors; through cunning, political manuevering, shady deals, and eventually, an assassination in mysterious circumstances he eventually achieved his goal.  Declaring a new age for mankind, an age of reason, invention, and industry, he intends to relegate the ancient Mythologicals to the dust-heap of history.

Lord Drake

Quote from: TamaRose on January 25, 2010, 03:17:50 PMI am working on my characters profile and I was wondering if there can be more then one Lady of the House.If not what do you think I could make her since she is a mixture of three races.I want her to be of importance but not really head of anything major,since she is one who likes to sit back and take everything in and give advice instead of actually leading.Plus,sorry it's taking so long.My brain is tired.lol

If I were to say my own on this, I would say that your character can be suited to be a perfect advisor. First of all you give 'advice' as a job and secondly, my Character - Tai Lung - is a quite active lord, so I think we may make it so that your character will not have to 'take charge' of many things first-person.

If you want, drop me a PM and we may chat a bit. Ah, and welcome tothe mixed House!
— Dream Hampton

Esoteric Myobi

I agree that TamaRose's character would probably be best as an Adviser. After a few changes have been made I'd be more than happy to accept the profile and add you to the list. =)

Also, I have PM'd a few of the new players (all of the players from the original game already know this I hope) that if you would like to get ahead and start planning out subplots for the game before we begin that is fine. Just PM the others in your House or those you would like to plan with and work it out amongst yourselves. All I ask for is that I'm sent the final version to overlook before it is put into play in game. I'd rather look over them first and fix any changes that are needed instead of reading them in game and then asking them to be edited. ^^;

Of course, the only edits I would ask for would be if they overlapped or disturbed the flow of the overall plot (let's say the skeleton of this game? and your subplots will be the meat added onto the bone?). Hope this is both agreeable and understandable to all~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TamaRose

Thanks everyone and I will work on my character's profile later since I will be gone this afternoon.If I have anymore questions I will PM one of you personally.

Remiel

Daylily is the only other human? ;_;

Maybe someone would like to be an elite ninja /assassin / spy?  Just because we don't turn into dragons or breath fire or something doesn't mean humans aren't awesome!

Lord Drake

Humans actually ARE awesome!! I am ahuman in real life and I know that... :P

Actually in this game humans ARE the leading plot. ^^
— Dream Hampton

Lady Kitsune

Name: Jian Kai (Jade Tiger)
Race: Human/ Baihu
Position: Captain
Weapons/Abilities:

Qie Feng (Cuts the Wind)- A Jian sword with a red silk tassel.  Double-edged and engraved with dragons, it is said to be so sharp, it would cut the wind.  Kai carries this blade wherever she goes.

Long She (Dragon’s Tongue)- A whip chain.  This is a simple metal chain with a silver blade at the end.  In Kai’s hands it is lethal.  Those licked by this mild looking weapon, have not lived to tell the tale.

Tian Xuexing Zhengyi (Heaven’s Bloody Justice)- A Chinese war sword, used two handed.  This sword Kai will only use in times of war.  Some say that a demon resides in the blade and when it is used, it must be quenched in the blood of a thousand men.  Decorated with battling demons and Quilin engravings along the blade, the hilt is gold and speckled with lapis lazuli.  Wrapped in black leather, the whispers say, that it was once white, but soaked in blood it turned black.

Qinwen (Kiss)- A Kris dagger with a wavy blade.  She does not always carry this except when she cannot take a sword with her.
Sometimes she may wear hair ornaments that also double as weapons.

Element of Wind- Kai has the power to call the wind.  Anything from a gentle breeze to hurricane force.  If the wind is blowing she can hear conversations from miles away.

Metal Shaping- Kai has an affinity for metals.  She can tell what kind of metal an object is made of and with concentration, she can shape it.  Once, an assassin came for her as she slept.  She caught his blade in her palms and bent it back spearing him with his own sword.

Spirit Talk- She can see the dead and speak with them.  She’s never tried it, but she has wondered if she can raise the dead.  Thankfully, she has no interest in it.  This particular power is distasteful to her.

Sight of the Righteous-  By your very aura, Kai can tell if someone has bad intentions or if they are a good and righteous person.  She uses this against her enemies.  The slightest shift in color is better than a tell.

Tiger form- Kai can shape shift into the form of a great white tiger for short periods of time.  She runs the risk of giving over to the animal side if she stays in this form for too long.

Appearance: Kai’s true form is basically the same as her own, except her hair becomes white with the edges tipped in black and her arms and legs have black stripes like that of a tiger.  She has fangs and her eyes are larger and bright emerald green.  She grows metal tipped retractable claws.  In either form, she moves with the grace of a stalking predatory cat.  She is both lovely and deadly.

Personality:  Jian Kai has a commanding aura and fears nothing.  She can be easily angered but she never loses her cool.  She is all about self control and believes that vengeance is a dish better served cold.  But just as she is quick-tempered she is quick to smile.  Her loyalty is unshakeable.

Biography:  Baihu-  http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ssu-ling.shtml
It is unconfirmed, but Kai was told by her mother that her father is Baihu.  She said that Baihu came to her in her dreams and for nine nights visited her.  On the ninth night, Kai was conceived. 

Kai did not have a great childhood having to defend herself and her mother’s honor.  The villagers thought her mother was a whore and that Baihu was not Kai’s father  Yet, on the day she turned nine, a man came to the village and her mother handed little Kai over without explanation.  He took her into the mountains and trained her in many forms of martial arts and weaponry.  He taught her philosophies and strategy and how to control her powers. 

When her training was complete he told her that she was to go and make her way in the world and rise as high as she could.  He told her, her purpose was to be there and lead the armies for when a time of great strife appeared.  The next day he was gone and she never knew his name, but she always suspected that it was her father. The only thing he left behind for her was a war sword.

A dutiful daughter, she set out and did just that.  Kai face down many obstacles including that of the disapproval of her gender, but she was determined to do as her father had said.  It didn’t hurt that she could turn into an honored tiger.  During a skirmish, her general fell and she immediately took command, and against impossible odds, led the soldiers to victory.  She gained the loyalty of every soldier still alive to tell the tale.  She became the legendary Jade Tiger.

Thanks for the acceptance!  *grins*
I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

Glad to have you on board Lady Kitsune x3 Looks like the Mixed House is filling up nicely, now just to hope that the other houses do as well. Or, for those of you who feel you are able, you're welcome to create a second character.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TamaRose

Name:Ling Ying
Human Age:21
True Age:800
Race:Human/Spiritual (Chinese) Dragon
Position:Adviser

Abilities:

Creator and controller of Wind:Has the ability to create and control the winds around her,causing tornados,cyclones,and hurricanes.

Creator and controller of Rain:Has the ability to create and control the rain.If need be she can even cause floods.

Shapeshifter:She has the ability to change her form into any type of being no matter wether they be human,demon,animal,or creature.Which of course helps her get in and out of "sticky" situations.

Appearance:

True Form:In true form Ling is a medium sized blue dragon.(Blue dragons are children of blue-gold dragons that are eight hundred years old. They are purest blue colors, and they are the sign of the coming spring. They are they are the symbol of the East.)She has a straight nose,round mane,and a long thick tail with the end being in the shape of a fan.She has no wings in her true form which causes her to look serpant like and she uses her po-shan (a wand) or chi'ih-muh (bump) in her head to help her fly.Ling can even see up to 100 miles away.

Human form:Ling has red hair that falls to the middle of her back and her eyes are a bright green.She is about 5'7" with a very curvaceous body. (Picture above)

Sexual Orientation:Bisexual

Personality:For the most part Ling is kind,soft spoken,loving,and understanding.There are times she will even over look things or bite her tongue but if she is crossed to many times,she is a force to be rechoned with.She can become bitter,angry,cold,distant,and very good at holding a grudge.Not to mention her powers sometimes get the best of her.So,it is best not to be in her way.When she is in a lovable mood or in "heat" she can be very flirtatious and lustful.

Biography:Ling being the youngest child of Michio Ying a full blooded dragon and Tamiko a half human/half dragon had to learn to grow up fast at a very young age when her brother Kaji was killed during one of the many wars between the humans and the mythical creatures.Not only was she quickly thrust into the reality of  the real world but she had to learn to fight alot younger then what her brother had to for fear she would or could be killed as well.

With her best friend and big brother gone for good she started training right away,keeping herself from thinking to much while hiding the pain and anger that had filled her heart.With daily routins of nothing but eating,training,and sleeping her life of being a child came to a complete halt,along with any fun that may have gone along with it.

It wasn't until she met a man who was traveling through their city with his sensei did she take the time to become curious enough to break away from her stupor to find out who this strange man was.Not quite sure how to take him at first with the way that he appeared,she approached him cautiously for the first time before finding out that she liked the man quite well,causing them to become good friends in the end.

Looking forward to each and everyone of his visits,Ling would keep herself busy with her training while waiting for Tai to return so she could show him how much she was growing up and coming into her own.It wasn't until his visits came to a complete halt that she again was heart broken and became a recluse to everyone but her family,vowing that she would never get close enough to anyone again to get hurt.

Esoteric Myobi

TamaRose, your character profile is looking good so far. I have added you onto the list but I'm hoping to see a completed profile before the game begins =) (You have quite a bit of time I'm sure since we won't be starting for a bit it seems.)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Halsemon

I hope I can join this ><

Name: Daisuke Katsu (Or would it be Katsu Daisuke... w/e first name is Daisuke =P)
Race: Human
Household: Human
Position: Commander of the Humans
Weapons:
Dragon Katana - Bai Hu carries this Katana wherever he goes. He has, from a young age, trained with swords and when in battle, will use this more than his other weapons.
Dragon Spear - Though, not as skilled using the spear, Bai Hu carries this weapon with him as a security measure in case his Katana is knocked from his hands.

Abilities/Traits:
Lifetime of War - Being put into battle from a very young age, practically having the battlefield as his home and his only 'parents' being his weapons and armor, Daisuke has forgotten all emotion but anger and rage, those being the two that will push him to fight harder. He shows to happiness, sadness and has a mutual face at all times other than when provoked, but none have seen his face due to him not taking off his heavy armor at any time.

Constant Training - Outside of the battlefield when Daisuke isn't given any tasks to perform, he will be in the Dojo training with his sword and spear with, of course, his armor fully adorned. As such he is able to move as fast, if not faster, than any other warrior wearing very light armor without any weapons. His sword being able to cut through numerous bodies with one swing and his spear able to penetrate through anything.

Whirlwind - With both sword and spear in hand, Daisuke is able to perform this technique that is to spin around at a very quick speed while holding his sword out, moving it up and down and his spear quickly jabbing at random places. With this technique he is even known to be able to cut and pierce through folded steel.

Appearance:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/Razgri47/Warriors/Warrior.jpg
Personality: Completely loyal to whomever he serves and expects nothing less from those who serve him. He will put his life as well as the lives of those under him on the line as long as he accomplishes the mission. If captured for interrogation he is known to never give in, rather letting himself die than to give information of his people and their plans. The only way to make him give in is to hypnotize him or to gain complete control of his body and mind. The latter works more efficiently as when hypnotized, he is still resistant. Anyone who he believes to have betrayed him will not be questioned, instead they will simply be put to death by his blade on the spot. He has never been known to show emotion, for he believes that emotion hinders one's skill and ability to perform at their fullest.

Biography: -to be added-

Esoteric Myobi

I've mentioned this to The7thKeeper since the same issue arose with his character. To keep things fair, I'd like to make it so that there aren't any doubles for mythological creatures (even if one is Myth and one is Mixed). So Halsemon, please choose a different mythological creature (otherwise we would have two Bai Hu who also both happen to be Captains of their Houses).

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Halsemon

Oh, my apologies, I hadn't noticed that there was another White Tiger. Is the rest alright? I'll just have to change the name, race, appearance and a bit of the bio...

Insight

Hey Myobi!

I'd be happy to play Demogag again, if you'd like.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Cassiopeia

Name: Kyla Talise

Race: half human, half mermaid

Position: Head Servant

Weapons: katars -

Abilities: Due to her half-mermaid heritage Kyla is extremely formidable in battle.  She is more agile and flexible than a human, her strength is also increased.

Blood Lust - When in battle, or sometimes when angered, her pure aquamarine eyes will turn to black, her nails will extend to sharp claw and her teeth will become longer, sharper and pointed.

Vision of the Deep - She is able to see clearly in the dark and under the water, even when not in her true form. (is able to be used without any effect and in combination with any other ability)

Predatory Instinct - At a point in battle, when a clear enemy or rival is revealed, her soul focus becomes on that person.  Her senses become much sharper, and her reflexes faster.  This would be much like a human's adrenaline rush but much much more intense.

Siren's Call - Kyla's singing is hypnotic to any man within hearing range.  Once in her grasp they are drawn to her, not caring what obstacles or danger they put themselves in in order to reach her.  They are compelled to do her bidding, whatever that may be.  If the song is interrupted however, before they can look into her eyes, they are snapped out of the trance.

Orientation: Straight for the most part

Appearance: About 5'7 in human form, her body has a fluidity about it.  Kyla's skin is fair ivory but has an iridescent shimmer to it in the light.  Her eyes are like glittering aquamarine jewels, with no blacks/pupils.

(for human form just add legs ^_^)

(her eyes are exactly like the picture except there is no visible black to her eye ordinarily, just iris)

Personality: Kyla is a bit rebellious and impulsive, being that she's still a young mermaid. She chafes a slightly under the male hierarchy due to the fact that mermaids are by nature matriarchal and use males mostly as food and breeding stock. She has an independent spirit but a kind heart and does her best to keep her predatory instincts and blood lusts in check. Her mind is calculating during battle and she relies much on her killer instinct when the situation calls for it.

Biography: Kyla's mother was a legendarily beautiful and blood thirsty mermaid. One night she had a poor soul in her clutches, a young man. But suddenly out of the shadows another young man came forth, brave and caring. He offered his life as sacrifice to the mermaid to save his friend. So surprised by this gesture she did in fact let her victim go free. She did not take the the brave young man's life but asked him to return the next night, and then the night after that. Soon the heartless mermaid realized that she had fallen in love, not only that but the fascinating man had fallen in love with her as well. When the moon was full she used it's power to come onto land and marry the man. Not very long after she gave birth to Kyla. But mermaids by nature are heartless creatures and the more time the mermaid spent in the cold waters of the ocean the colder her soul became. Once it was clear that Kyla could maintain her legs on the land at will, due to her half human heritage, her mother left her in the care of her father. She swam off and was never seen again. Kyla was only two at the time.

For the most part her father kept her away from the water, fearing that one day she, like her mother, would grow cold and leave him. Being without the water though made her sad and, at times, resentful of the father who loved her so dearly. Growing up she was willful and independent, much like her mermaid half. She disliked taking orders from anyone especially her father, a male. When she was 16 he died do to his own shortcomings, she felt. Kyla soon discovered that without his shielding her she was not accepted very well in human society.

Eventually a representative of the Mixed House came across her, struggling to live on the streets of a human town where people both feared and hated her. They took her in and, in spite of her willful and rebellious nature, enrolled her as a candidate for a position as head servant. There were a few instances where she was nearly removed from the program due to her "bad attitude" but she managed to buckled down and occasionally charm her way back into the good graces of her teacher, knowing that she had no where else to go.  She excelled, especially in fighting and assassination training, and eventually rose to top the of her class, earning the coveted position as the Head Servant.

Aether

Hello all  ^.^

I am currently working on a profile for the position of Human House Servant.  I will post it here hopefully within the next 24 hours.  I look forward to writing with you all!

~A