New Gay Rights Center in Topeka Kansas.. RIGHT across from the WBC

Started by Callie Del Noire, March 19, 2013, 03:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2013/03/house-across-from-westboro-baptist-rainbow-pride-paint-job.php?ref=fpb

Sometimes.. it's interesting to hear about how some folks do things to both improve the world AND put the metaphorical thumb in bigot's eyes.

All I got to say about this for now is.. I hoe the new owner has LOTS of insurance and some good video security. Cause I'm sure that his neighbors might do something to the place.. .and it would be a definite SHAME if they got caught on tape doing something illegal.

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Mithlomwen on March 19, 2013, 03:14:49 PM
That is made of pure win.

Makes me hope that some of the more senior folks will cardiac out on the spot.. I'm sure that SOMETHING will come of this.

Ephiral

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 19, 2013, 03:20:39 PM
Makes me hope that some of the more senior folks will cardiac out on the spot.. I'm sure that SOMETHING will come of this.

My first thought was that maybe other organizations will follow suit, and soon all of the WB churches will have organizations across from them promoting equality and love.  Might go a long way to neutralize the venom and hate they try and spread. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Blythe

When I think of a nonviolent demonstration for civil rights, this is exactly what I'm going to think of now.

And ditto what Mithlomwen said; I'd love to see other organizations that promote equality locate nearby the WBC locales. Might be a step in the right direction, countering bigoted behavior with proper behavior. 

Oniya

As the old real estate mantra says - 'Location, location, location.'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on March 19, 2013, 08:56:38 PM
As the old real estate mantra says - 'Location, location, location.'

Let's be honest though.. how many OTHER folks will want to be next to the rude folks?

Oniya

Sorry - wasn't talking about his issue with the seller, more the fact that he chose a perfect one himself.  'S what I get for talking in aphorisms.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 19, 2013, 03:20:39 PM

Can't help agreeing with Callie here - that would be the irony indeed!

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Shadow879

I give a massive round of applause to this man, and I hope many follow suit.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Funguy81

Now...that is news.   ;D. next thing they should protest one of the funerals.

Caela

As vile as the WBC is, they also tend to be fairly careful not to step over the line as far as the actual letter of the law is concerned. I think they'll likely do a lot of picketing of the house but I doubt you'll actually hear of them vandalizing it in any way.

Braioch

They don't have to do anything illegal, just the thought of them having to look out their windows and seeing a giant ass rainbow building of homo, is more than enough to make me laugh. The thought, let alone the sight of it being there will have them pissed beyond all measure. Were I the owner of the building, I would be having way too much fun with future ways to wind them up further. Then again, I'm kinda of brat, so that's just how I roll.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]